PDA

View Full Version : No 2nd fingerprint notice yet - July filer

whitecollarslave
08-31-2009, 12:34 PM
I filed AOS during July 07 fiasco. It has been more than 15 months since the first fingerprint but I have not yet received 2nd fingerprint notice. I noticed a SLUD in May/09 but no notice. Anybody else out there who filed in July but don't have second fingerprint notice yet?

va_dude
08-31-2009, 12:51 PM
I think there's a whole lot of people who haven't received a notice for the second round of FP and there is a group who have received it too.

My attorney also suggested that uscis is working on reusing the initial FP. Not sure if there's any truth to this.

vxg
08-31-2009, 12:52 PM
I filed AOS during July 07 fiasco. It has been more than 15 months since the first fingerprint but I have not yet received 2nd fingerprint notice. I noticed a SLUD in May/09 but no notice. Anybody else out there who filed in July but don't have second fingerprint notice yet?

I am like you, filed in Aug 2007, did first FP in Nov 2007 no second FP notice yet. I checked with my lawyer and several forums and response i got was that FP expires in 15 months and generally USCIS issues second FP notice when they are very close to approving your case. I called TSC and got a nice IO who told me that my FP did expire and he is issuing a request to send me FP notice and i should get one in 30 days. Not sure how it will go but i have heard that IO can approve your case even if FP expired and request FP after approval but before cards are sent.

svm
08-31-2009, 01:10 PM
I am also in the same boat. I am Aug 2007 filer. I got an interview at local office on Feb 2009 to check on my vaccination papers.. They told me my papers will be at their office until the dates become current, and that they will issue Finger print notice before apprving the case(when the date become current) that as my FP was close to expiry then. They gave me a letter that said only contact them 30 days after the dates become current. I havent got the FP notice yet. Not sure if I should contact the local office.

vxg
08-31-2009, 01:11 PM
I am also in the same boat. I am Aug 2007 filer. I got an interview at local office on Feb 2009 to check on my vaccination papers.. They told me my papers will be at their office until the dates become current, and that they will issue Finger print notice before apprving the case(when the date become current) that as my FP was close to expiry then. They gave me a letter that said only contact them 30 days after the dates become current. I havent got the FP notice yet. Not sure if I should contact the local office.

I suggest call the service center (texas or nebraska) where your case is as cases are approved by TSC or NSC not by field offices.

greencard_fever
08-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi Guys,

I am a July - 2007 filer and we got the FP request in July for me and my Spouse, I have not applied for any EAD or AP extensions recentlly, for a side note i have to travel out side US in July and my attorney requested for FP reschedule (which was actually scheduled in last week July) for atleast 6 to 8 weeks, but USCIS sent me the request with in a week with an FP date just 3 weeks apart from the original one..so i had to rush my things and had to come back to US to get the FP done..

fromnaija
08-31-2009, 02:22 PM

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, please read my earlier posts on re-using finger prints through the BSS (Biometrics Storage System) implemented a while back by USCIS. Only a small number of applicants will get a second FP notice. See the below for more information:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/23795-2nd-finger-printing-notice-anyone.html#post318744

vxg
08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, please read my earlier posts on re-using finger prints through the BSS (Biometrics Storage System) implemented a while back by USCIS. Only a small number of applicants will get a second FP notice. See the below for more information:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/23795-2nd-finger-printing-notice-anyone.html#post318744

I read your post and trusted the BSS system memo from DHS however the lawyer and the IO from TSC says FP expired and need redone. I recall fully that my FP was digital. With USCIS nothing can bet trusted and everything is a mystery.

kanakabyraju
08-31-2009, 02:34 PM

Best thing is to apply AP online. I did the same and got the FP notice 2nd time. Planning to do it again this year end.

kanaka

NolaIndian32
08-31-2009, 02:54 PM

Thanks for re-posting this. I obviously missed all your previous posts on this topic. It gives me some hope for approval next month; I haven't received a 2nd FP request since 9/28/07. (I have an LUD, I have an LUD yay!)

-Nola

vxg
08-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Best thing is to apply AP online. I did the same and got the FP notice 2nd time. Planning to do it again this year end.

kanaka

The FP done for AP does not apply to I-485, the two are separate.

GCNirvana007
08-31-2009, 03:07 PM
Finger print done Nov 2007. After that, one LUD in June 2009. Thats it.

saro28
08-31-2009, 09:25 PM
I received FP notice today towards I485, not sure what for :confused:

svm
09-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I suggest call the service center (texas or nebraska) where your case is as cases are approved by TSC or NSC not by field offices.

I got the FP notice yesterday. So it seems it is going as was told earlier

NolaIndian32
09-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Guys, i don't know how USCIS works, i don't care at this point in time. Just wanted to share with this group, that i did not get a 2nd FP notice. My FP was done on 9/28/07. And as Fromnaija said earlier in this thread, a 2nd FP may not be required if FPs were stored in Biometric Storage System - well, i got my "card production ordered" e-mail today. Hope to have the green card in hand by the end of the month. So again, not having a 2nd FP notice may not be an issue.

Best of luck to all,
Nola

fromnaija
09-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks for re-posting this. I obviously missed all your previous posts on this topic. It gives me some hope for approval next month; I haven't received a 2nd FP request since 9/28/07. (I have an LUD, I have an LUD yay!)

-Nola

Congrats on your approval which I read about on another thread. This proves my point about FP reuse via BSS.

fromnaija
09-01-2009, 01:29 PM
My FP was done on 9/28/09.

You meant 9/28/2007, right?

Once again congratulations on your approval. Please continue to support this movement.