PDA

View Full Version : Stop over at Abudhabi while traveling on AP

ssaass
08-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Dear Guys/gals,

Has anyone travelled to Abudhabi on AP and stopped over? I am planning to go via Abudhabi to India and while return, I wanted to stop over at AUH for two days. I have NO valid visa stamped on my passport nor valid I-94 BUT a valid AP. Has anyone gone through such situation? Could you please share your experience? I am traveling on Etihad. I have seen couple of similar posts but don't see anybody stopping over at Abudhabi.

Thank you in advance,

Sohan

GC9180
08-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Last april i came thru Abudhabi on AP w/family(same: had NO valid visa stamped on my passport nor valid I-94 BUT a valid AP.), it was just transit (no two days stay). All went fine.

ssaass
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Thank yu GC9180. That is good relief to know

GC9180
09-01-2009, 12:32 AM
I_Got_Skillz, of course one needs valid visa to stay in abu dhabi (tourist visa/transit visa etc)
If correct here ssaass was reffering to valid h1b, which is not needed for AUH stay.

Dubai gives free transit visa if i remember not abu dhabi.

kuhelica2000
09-01-2009, 01:38 PM
GC9180,
Which airline did you fly? I am planning on flying Etihad via Abu Dhabi on AP.

Last april i came thru Abudhabi on AP w/family(same: had NO valid visa stamped on my passport nor valid I-94 BUT a valid AP.), it was just transit (no two days stay). All went fine.

GC9180
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM
traveled on etihad. Service very good no complaints...good and lot of food. any time go to pantry they gave snacks when asked. This was my experience ..hope your's too the same.

ssaass
09-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Thank you GC9180... I know I need a visa to enter into Abu Dhabi but I am not sure whether inspite of having valid visa, I could enter and exit Abu dhabi without any problem, especially when I am on AP. I doubt whether they know anything about AP. Dubai would have been easier as they are more liberal than Abudhabi.

GC9180
09-03-2009, 09:31 AM
that should not be a problem bcoz before entering the boarding area in AUH they were verifying the travel documents. If any officier (at check in / boarding) is dealing with passengers going to US / any other country hez familiar with the travel documents / visas of that country. AP is one of those documents that one can expect. If you have other documents like h1b extension petition etc carry them, but they will not ask you. They did not ask me in AUH but the lady at checkin in india asked me if i have, even though there was no reason to do so.
Looks like your worried, i would say DONT, lots of people use etihad for us/europe transit travel..from india.
Have a safe trip.