PDA

View Full Version : B1- Sponsor questions- advice please

akilaakka
08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
My current status is H1B. My stamped Visa expires in Sep 07, 2009. My Mother-In-Law appears for interview on Sep 09, 2009. I do have a H1B extension for 3 years (Sep 2012).

My bank balance is very low, approximately 10k.

My wife is in AOS and has about 25k.

Question

1) Who would be better choice for sponsoring the B1 Visa me or my wife?

2) With my wife being AOS would it affect my MIL visa chances?

Thank you,
Senthil

Thank you

wandmaker
08-26-2009, 03:07 PM
My current status is H1B. My stamped Visa expires in Sep 07, 2009. My Mother-In-Law appears for interview on Sep 09, 2009. I do have a H1B extension for 3 years (Sep 2012).

Question

Thank you,
Senthil

Thank you

Ask your wife to sponsor MILs B2, the documentation is simple and straight forward. If you sponsor, you will still end up in send wife's documentation as you need to establish the relationship between you and your wife.

#2 -> It should not be, it all depends on the officer you meet at the consulate.

vikki76
08-26-2009, 05:19 PM
If this is MIL interview,then your wife should be primary sponsor to avoid all the hassles. Visa office will ask about marital status of daughter and at that time, details of marriage and son-in-law's work location can be communicated by your MIL.
Regarding AOS status of wife,I feel it is more important to show that your MIL has ties back at home
As wandmaker said, either ways, you would still need to send documentation to backup relationship
My 2 cents.

gc28262
08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
I sponsored my MIL recently. Myself on H1B wife on AOS.
Had no issues. As long as your MIL can show a strong tie back to home country and a bit of luck, she should get the visa.

1. 10K is a good enough bank balance to sponsor someone. If you have an average balance of 10K over past few years, it should be good. Since your spouse has good earnings it is better for her to sponsor.

2. AOS should not be an issue.

Question

Thank you,
Senthil

Thank you