PDA

View Full Version : Activity in Northern California - IV Chapter

ArunAntonio
05-01-2007, 05:56 PM
There has been good activity going on in the Northern California IV chapter and it has not got any visibility so I thought I would post it in the IV state chapters IV forum
the goings and comings have been ....
- Some members have met Rep. Mike Honda recently
- Core members and other IV members were present at a recent meeting with Congressman Gutierrezz (correct spelling ?) in the bay area
- IV bay area members have participated in a Television Documentary on the impact of immigrants to the local bay area economy to be aired in late May
- A meeting has been scheduled with senetor Dianne Feinstein's Office in San Francisco, CA.
- Other misc things going on
- So folks get active and take action .... the hour of reckoning has arrived!!

mantric
05-20-2007, 06:21 AM
found this succinct statement of the EB problem and possible solutions
from http://www.competeamerica.org/resource/eb_visas/index.html
---
How to Fix Green Card Shortages: (1) an EB green card cap increase from 140,000 to 290,000 visas annually; (2) exemptions, for example, to those workers who have earned a U.S. masters degree or higher from the EB cap; (3) an early adjustment for professionals who cannot access an immigrant visa, but have an approved labor certification and/or immigrant petition so they may continue to work and travel; (4) 6th and 8th year L-1 visa extensions to allow L-1s pending in the labor certification or EB green card backlogs to extend stay until a time when a final decision is made on the foreign nationalís lawful permanent residence; and, (5) recapture of unused visas from previous fiscal years.
---
all of these appear to be good solutions to talk to senators about.

another thing is the uncertainty we face with USCIS decisions regarding movement (back and forth) of cut-off dates. it is the not knowing how much one has to wait that is cause for a good deal of anxiety.

caydee
05-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Dear xxxxxxx:

Thank you for writing to me about illegal immigration. I appreciate hearing your views on this important matter.

Like you, I am concerned about the number of immigrants who enter our country illegally each year. I understand the impact that illegal immigration has on our nation and our state, and I am committed to strengthening our government's efforts to secure our borders.

During the last Congress, I voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized the construction of 700 miles of additional fencing along the country's southwestern border and provided for 1,500 additional Border Patrol agents. I also co-sponsored a bill that created stricter penalties for the illegal construction of tunnels under the border and fought vigorously for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, which reimburses states for the costs of incarcerating illegal immigrants.

Congress is currently considering a proposal that would, among other things, provide for increased security along our border and stricter enforcement of employment eligibility laws. Rest assured that I will keep your views in mind should this proposal come before the full Senate for a vote.

Once again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about any matter of importance to you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

franklin
05-27-2007, 02:52 AM
Dear xxxxxxx:

Thank you for writing to me about illegal immigration. I appreciate hearing your views on this important matter.

Like you, I am concerned about the number of immigrants who enter our country illegally each year. I understand the impact that illegal immigration has on our nation and our state, and I am committed to strengthening our government's efforts to secure our borders.

During the last Congress, I voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized the construction of 700 miles of additional fencing along the country's southwestern border and provided for 1,500 additional Border Patrol agents. I also co-sponsored a bill that created stricter penalties for the illegal construction of tunnels under the border and fought vigorously for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, which reimburses states for the costs of incarcerating illegal immigrants.

Congress is currently considering a proposal that would, among other things, provide for increased security along our border and stricter enforcement of employment eligibility laws. Rest assured that I will keep your views in mind should this proposal come before the full Senate for a vote.

Once again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about any matter of importance to you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

PM me, and I'll send info on a better contact there, so you don't get an auto response ;)