PDA

View Full Version : i-94 extension for parents

atlgc
08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
my parents are here on visitor visa for 6months and we are thinking to request for 2 more months of i-94 extension

1.what are the valid reasons folks used for extending i-94.is newborn and getting help is any good reason?
2.they came like 2 months ago .when is a good time to apply for i-94 extension?,is it like after 3 months or after 5 months.btw they have 6 months i-94 and 10 years of visa.

thank you

atlgc
08-24-2009, 04:45 PM
thank you

one other question..

they have i-94 till nov15

and apply september 20 and i got denail ob october1st.they still continue to stay till oriaginal i-94 expiration date(nov15th correct) and visa is valid for the rest of the period correct

thanks again for your help

kalinga_sena
08-24-2009, 05:36 PM
You want to apply for B2 extension from Nov16,2009 to xxxx ( 2 month or 6 month). So regardless of the outcome of ur extension petition, your parents will have not problem untill nov 15. That period of stay is already given by POE on their I-94. If USCIS will deny ur extension petition, then that is for ur extension petition beyond Nov 15th. So ur parents fine untill nov15th. They need to leave on or before Nov 15th in that case.

Hope that helps.

wandmaker
08-24-2009, 06:02 PM
my parents are here on visitor visa for 6months and we are thinking to request for 2 more months of i-94 extension

1.what are the valid reasons folks used for extending i-94.is newborn and getting help is any good reason?
2.they came like 2 months ago .when is a good time to apply for i-94 extension?,is it like after 3 months or after 5 months.btw they have 6 months i-94 and 10 years of visa.

thank you

your signature and profile does not match - please update your profile

dealsnet
08-24-2009, 06:34 PM
New born and help will not help you. You can find a help here (their thinking).
Valid reason is visiting more places, going cruise etc.

Or you can tell them you want to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with the parents.
They want to see christmas celebration in USA. One of my friend got 3 months extension (for parents) just mention about parents presense for christmas time last year.

thank you

ca_immigrant
08-24-2009, 08:15 PM
I do not have first hand experience on this but have heard stories from others....that if you extend beyond 6 months, then the next time you plan to get them here again....they might not have a easy way in...?

The officer at POE could ask them why they have to come back and if they were not able to visit enough places by staying here 8 months ?

I personally, know of a friend whose in laws were given a warning by the officer when the came often (I do not know if they had ever extended their stay....)