PDA

View Full Version : broken GC dream

MissionImpossibleGC
08-23-2009, 04:33 PM
I lost the hope of GC after working 10 years in US because my GC is not approving.

Is it possible to file case against my employer and ask to return money that they deduct from me for GC and the % that they earned from me in last 8 years. I joined my employer for smooth GC process but even my I140 is not approved. My labor went to backlog. Once labor approved than I140 is pending for last 30 months. USCIS is trying to find out that my company is legitimate or not.
Do not argue how I know that I140 is pending because of company. Please let what is process to inform USCIS about my employer. My company files GC so that no one should leave the company. Employer gives hope about GC but I140 never approves. What all evidence I have to collect so that I can prove against my employer. Please suggest.

wandmaker
08-23-2009, 06:27 PM
I lost the hope of GC after working 10 years in US because my GC is not approving.

Is it possible to file case against my employer and ask to return money that they deduct from me for GC and the % that they earned from me in last 8 years. I joined my employer for smooth GC process but even my I140 is not approved. My labor went to backlog. Once labor approved than I140 is pending for last 30 months. USCIS is trying to find out that my company is legitimate or not.
Do not argue how I know that I140 is pending because of company. Please let what is process to inform USCIS about my employer. My company files GC so that no one should leave the company. Employer gives hope about GC but I140 never approves. What all evidence I have to collect so that I can prove against my employer. Please suggest.

You can complain to DOL, if you have been paid less than a LCA amount. Also, you can complain to DOL, if the deduction of GC processing fee to DOL as it could have lowered the amount thats in your offer letter. You need have a proof that your company has deducted money for your GC from the paycheck.

BTW, You have no legal grounds to get the revenue (aka % the company earned) the company made out of you during your tenure.

go_guy123
08-23-2009, 07:02 PM

One needs to have a realistic dream. One needs to verify with facts. Companies often lie
of golden opportunities of GC sponsorship etc to get people at low rates. Even lawyers
promise sun and the moon to sign you up but they hide the reality.

I know companies even lie that project is 6 months and renewable but once you join
and shift to the new place and then after 2 months they say the project is over. They
knew all along that the project is for 2 months but they wanted people, so they lie
that the project is long.

I know right in 2007, one friend of mine was negotiating a lower salary in return of GC sponsorship. But by 2007, the retrogression was far too apparent. Clearly he was totally ignorant. Even then he joined. Few months back another friend of mine was filing for
EB3 - India. I informed him about the reality and thankfully he didnt apply and lose
another 10K.

ivgclive
08-23-2009, 07:14 PM

You have rights to ask the above items. But it can not be done thru USCIS.

You should hire a good lawer and proceed thru court.

Good luck.

PS: If you fail, please come back and ask how to get all the money you paid to the lawer and the court.

MissionImpossibleGC
08-24-2009, 12:34 PM
You can complain to DOL, if you have been paid less than a LCA amount. Also, you can complain to DOL, if the deduction of GC processing fee to DOL as it could have lowered the amount thats in your offer letter. You need have a proof that your company has deducted money for your GC from the paycheck.

BTW, You have no legal grounds to get the revenue (aka % the company earned) the company made out of you during your tenure.

In my paycheck and salary slips there are deduction but reason or description of the deduction are not mentioned. I have all salary slips with me. I am working on % based so some time even after deduction my anual salary is not less than 8 years old offer letter. My anual salary vary from 55k to 100k depending on project rate and lenth of projects in year. I find my own project since last 5 - 6 years and pay % to my greedy company for nothing. It took me 8 years to find out my company because my company is not a very small company and looks decent from top serface.

dontcareanymore
08-24-2009, 12:39 PM
you have rights to ask the above items. But it can not be done thru uscis.

You should hire a good lawer and proceed thru court.

Good luck.

Ps: If you fail, please come back and ask how to get all the money you paid to the lawer and the court.

:)

wandmaker
08-24-2009, 12:50 PM
In my paycheck and salary slips there are deduction but reason or description of the deduction are not mentioned. I have all salary slips with me. I am working on % based so some time even after deduction my anual salary is not less than 8 years old offer letter. My anual salary vary from 55k to 100k depending on project rate and lenth of projects in year. I find my own project since last 5 - 6 years and pay % to my greedy company for nothing. It took me 8 years to find out my company because my company is not a very small company and looks decent from top serface.

If number of hours worked and the agreed rate matches for that months salary slip then you have no way to prove that deduction is for GC processing - The company even can claim you have 'purchased' the holidays for the upcoming vacation. So, the way I see it - you need to generate the document to collect GC amount from your employer. (1) send out an email mentioning the amount and ask them to reimburse it (2) submit an expense reimbursement statement with your salary slips. During 1 and 2 - if your company says (by accident) they will not reimburse the amount then that's your proof.

dontcareanymore
08-24-2009, 12:50 PM

Settle down. You seem frustrated and perhaps justifiably so. But you are trying to blame every thing on the employer ( I am in no way trying to support fraudulent employers as much as I don't support fraudulent employees).

I did not check your PD. You will get your day....stay calm.

At least based on your post you agreed to get a percentage of your billing rate and agreed to pay for the GC expenses. [I don't think it is illegal (now) for employees to pay for GC expenses]. Your employer does not have control on how long the process would take and apparently they had spent money processing your GC.

Based on the facts you gave :

1) Your employer has been paying more than the salary mentioned in your contract.
2) You don't have any proof that you paid them for GC process.
3) You did not provide any information that suggests they are willfully delaying your case.

What do you think are the grounds on which you can go against them ? I guess you are free to leave the company any time if you think you are making too much money for them, and you want to take full advantage of your skills by going elsewhere....