PDA

View Full Version : EB2 Software Jobs

esurfer
08-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I know EB3 to EB2 questions aren't very popular here.
Nevertheless, at the risk of some reds here's my question:

My current immigration status is
1) I-485 pending( EB3, India, Nov 2004 )
2) I-140 approved
3) Working on H1-B ( 10th year )
4) Got a 3yr H1-B year extension based on my approved I-140 and pending I-485.
5) Working as Senior Software Engineer for the last 8 years.
6) Working with my sponsoring company since Mar 2004.

I have a B.E (Electronic Engg) and now have 10 years of progressive experience in Software /Firmware Development and Architecture (Embedded systems).

I'm thinking of moving to EB2 category and would like to know

- What kind of jobs/duties qualify for EB2 category (I would like to stay in a non managerial position) ?
- Do non managerial software jobs even qualify for EB2 anymore ?
- Can I move to a new position in my current company ?
- Any recommendation for lawyers in the Bay area,CA who work on EB2 cases ?

Thanks

michael_trs
05-10-2010, 12:08 AM
I am in a similar situation.. what should be a position to fit EB2 category for software engeneer/develper?

abhishek101
05-10-2010, 01:01 AM
The EB2 application depends more on the job requirement rather than your expperience only.

If you can show that the job required 5 years + Bachelors or a Masters degree then you should be good.

I am not sure why you say that EB3 to EB2 changes are not popular here, I would defintiely cheer you on.

For EB2 who complaint just tell them to go to hell. They will get theri green card once people ahead of them will get their GC.

stirfries
05-10-2010, 01:18 PM
The EB2 application depends more on the job requirement rather than your expperience only.

If you can show that the job required 5 years + Bachelors or a Masters degree then you should be good.

I am not sure why you say that EB3 to EB2 changes are not popular here, I would defintiely cheer you on.

For EB2 who complaint just tell them to go to hell. They will get theri green card once people ahead of them will get their GC.

I concur with your statement !!! End of the day, there is no GOOD or BAD in judging these kind of cases. The human tendency is such that, we always tend to make a judgment, based on our premise/current situation !!! We don't tend to think what is fair or what is not !!! I don't blame anyone for that !!! That is just the way, we are wired !!!!!

Me personally, I came into this country in 2000 and after multiple applications/abandonment between 2000 and 2004, I finally settled on EB3 application in early 2004 !!! Though the job that I was working then required EB2 qualifications, the attorney put me through on EB3 because he thought it was safer...After 6 dog years, I am still on EB3 :)

Do I complain that people who came after me into this country between 2001 and 2007 got a chance to apply on EB2 and are more likely to get their GC ahead of me ???? I don't !!! That's just the way the system is !!!! As soon as I get an opportunity to port my EB3 to EB2, I would do it without any hesitance !!!

Would people complain? Yes they would !!! What would I tell them??? I would ask them to GO TO HELL !!! As simple as that !!!!

eastindia
05-10-2010, 01:28 PM
I concur with your statement !!! End of the day, there is no GOOD or BAD in judging these kind of cases. The human tendency is such that, we always tend to make a judgment, based on our premise/current situation !!! We don't tend to think what is fair or what is not !!! I don't blame anyone for that !!! That is just the way, we are wired !!!!!

Me personally, I came into this country in 2000 and after multiple applications/abandonment between 2000 and 2004, I finally settled on EB3 application in early 2004 !!! Though the job that I was working then required EB2 qualifications, the attorney put me through on EB3 because he thought it was safer...After 6 dog years, I am still on EB3 :)

Do I complain that people who came after me into this country between 2001 and 2007 got a chance to apply on EB2 and are more likely to get their GC ahead of me ???? I don't !!! That's just the way the system is !!!! As soon as I get an opportunity to port my EB3 to EB2, I would do it without any hesitance !!!

Would people complain? Yes they would !!! What would I tell them??? I would ask them to GO TO HELL !!! As simple as that !!!!

If you want, you can get your greencard in 6 months.

Just change your job, apply for greencard again in EB2 and port. You are current and you will get your greencard in 6 months.