PDA

View Full Version : RFE totally ridiculous, I need help

luvschocolates
08-20-2009, 10:59 PM
I received my RFE today and I am totally shocked and in a state of panic because they are asking for a lot of things to be submitted in 30 days and there is absolutely no way at this point that I can get $1000 together for the I-485 Supplement A form, PLUS the money to see a civil surgeon for a medical exam. Those are the two most important forms they are requesting but there are still 3 more forms aside from that. I am also required to show evidence of valid entry which I don't understand. When I came here, I was engaged to be married. I had only my birth certificate and driver's license when I went through customs in 2003. I was not required to have a passport so I have nothing at this point to show them. How do I deal with this to show I did not enter the country illegally? I did not marry my fiance in the end, but I did acquire employment with his relatives and I am still with them. I take care of a disabled person in the home and there is no way they will accept another person at this time. Not after 6 years. This is like family to me now and I can't just expect someone to take my place and do what I do. It doesn't work that way. We already went through the process of offering this position to someone else who was born and raised here and nobody wanted the job. We had one phone call over a 3 week period and nothing came of it. I do not receive monetary wages, I get room and board, therefore I do not have the money I need to submit this supplement A form and the people I live with are not able to just toss out that kind of money either. They also want me to submit evidence that I have maintained non-immigrant status - what the heck is that? I have filed every application that they have requested until now - nothing was ever said about this non-immigrant status stuff. I am confused and totally at a loss.
I am outraged that after not hearing ONE thing from them in over 2 years, that all of a sudden I am supposed to come up with all this stuff, hand over money I don't have and still not be assured my green card.

I was never aware that I had to submit an I-485 Supplement A form - why? Why has no one told me about this before now? I never saw one thing on the I-485 form that I filled out that a supplement was needed. I was not told I had to see a civil surgeon to submit a medical exam and any CS available is 4 hours away in any direction after checking out the list on the USCIS website. The household I live in is not able to just up and go whenever USCIS demands it and they are making our lives very difficult right now.
How do I handle this?
They say I have 33 days to get this cleared up and without employment for wages, this is impossible. Any previous forms I submitted were ones I was prepared for and I had help from a friend at the time, but that was over 2 years ago and I cannot expect other people to just hand over money now, especially $1000.
I am not leaving this household - there is no way I can abandon the person I live with and entrust them to someone else and there is no way this person would ever stand for that.

Is there anything that can be done to either get an extension or get around the I-485 supplement A? I am not as concerned about the civil surgeon exam, but I don't have a clue how much that will cost and again, I don't know how I will get the money to do that either.
I am really ticked with USCIS and their utter lack of correspondence and then expecting me to bleed money from a stone for them. They are not in any hurry to process my application so why do I need to be? I've been here this long, what's another few years?
Has anyone else dealt with this or can you direct me to someone who knows what needs to be done and how?

dummgelauft
08-21-2009, 10:28 AM
You are an illegal. Go back to Canada, and try properly.

mnq1979
08-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Well consult a attorney and discuss with him. Your case looks complicated to me, i would suggest you to get a good attorney to sort this mess.

kartikiran
08-21-2009, 10:48 AM
welcome to the world of dealing with USCIS

I am outraged that after not hearing ONE thing from them in over 2 years, that all of a sudden I am supposed to come up with all this stuff, hand over money I don't have and still not be assured my green card.
I am really ticked with USCIS and their utter lack of correspondence and then expecting me to bleed money from a stone for them. They are not in any hurry to process my application so why do I need to be? I've been here this long, what's another few years?
Has anyone else dealt with this or can you direct me to someone who knows what needs to be done and how?

va_dude
08-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Uscis has done nothing wrong.

This person who posted the new thread seems to have come in to the country without even a passport. How is that legal?

How in the world can we expect Uscis to overlook all that? Don't criticize uscis for doing their job right (for once) :)

luvschocolates
08-21-2009, 11:46 AM
I am NOT here illegally. I was told BY someone at USCIS when I submitted the first application that as long as I was submitting requested applications and the required fees, I was not considered an illegal alien. If that was the case, why has no one at USCIS ever told me that? They know where I live, who I live with and everything else they need to know, I have no secrets from them, but not once have I received a letter, phone call or anything else to request for me to leave. I guess those of you that are professionals or those who already have a green card, are better than people like myself who are considered blue collar. I don't receive a dime for what I do, room and board is it so therefore I am not taking away anything from Americans who were born in this country.
In 2003 when I arrived here, PASSPORTS WERE NOT REQUIRED. I had a birth certificate and valid driver's license, that is all customs asked for at the Toronto airport and that is all I gave them. IF passports were required, I would have gotten one, but since they were not, what was I to do? I am not from an overseas country and I have visited the US most of my life as a child and as an adult without any trouble and was never asked for a passport. All that changed in 2005 - not my fault.
I came here looking for some assistance but seem to have gotten a bunch of sarcastic comments that are really not helpful and weren't necessary.
It's funny how you make assumptions and you all are here for similar reasons and needed help at some point. As for not criticizing USCIS for doing their job right - I doubt you would say the same thing if you were my shoes. I do not appreciate the criticism or sarcasm, I thought this was supposed to be a place to get some help, I guess I was wrong.
I won't be back.

frostrated
08-21-2009, 12:20 PM
I am NOT here illegally. I was told BY someone at USCIS when I submitted the first application that as long as I was submitting requested applications and the required fees, I was not considered an illegal alien. If that was the case, why has no one at USCIS ever told me that? They know where I live, who I live with and everything else they need to know, I have no secrets from them, but not once have I received a letter, phone call or anything else to request for me to leave. I guess those of you that are professionals or those who already have a green card, are better than people like myself who are considered blue collar. I don't receive a dime for what I do, room and board is it so therefore I am not taking away anything from Americans who were born in this country.
In 2003 when I arrived here, PASSPORTS WERE NOT REQUIRED. I had a birth certificate and valid driver's license, that is all customs asked for at the Toronto airport and that is all I gave them. IF passports were required, I would have gotten one, but since they were not, what was I to do? I am not from an overseas country and I have visited the US most of my life as a child and as an adult without any trouble and was never asked for a passport. All that changed in 2005 - not my fault.
I came here looking for some assistance but seem to have gotten a bunch of sarcastic comments that are really not helpful and weren't necessary.
It's funny how you make assumptions and you all are here for similar reasons and needed help at some point. As for not criticizing USCIS for doing their job right - I doubt you would say the same thing if you were my shoes. I do not appreciate the criticism or sarcasm, I thought this was supposed to be a place to get some help, I guess I was wrong.
I won't be back.
It is true that when you entered the country, passports were not required of Canadian citizens. But you overlook one aspect. Canadian citizens who are visitors to the United States need to leave at the end of 6 months. Any visitor who stays beyond six months is accuring illegal stay. If you came in 2005, either in late 2005 or early 2006 you started to accure illegal stay. This is not a fault of the USCIS, but yours in not finding out about the rule. Also, A visitor who intends to live, work or study in the U.S. may be permanently barred from the U.S. Please refer to Canadian Citizens • U.S. Consular Services in Canada (http://www.consular.canada.usembassy.gov/canadians.asp) for more details on your stay.
As for blaming the USCIS for not notifying you earlier, there are a plethora of applications pending before yours, so it will take time for them to look at your application. The additional forms that USCIS has asked you, were forms that you need to have sent when you applied your I-485. These were all suplments you would have found had you looked up the filing instructions. no I-485 can be approved without those forms. It has been law since the early 1990s when the law was made.
And, since you entered the country to marry your fiance, when that did not happen, you should have left and re-applied through another means. If the people you are looking after cannot afford to pay for your adjustment, and pay you only food and board, they are in fact breaking the law by hiring an illegal alien. Room and food is considered pay as far as USCIS is concerned.

sdrblr
08-21-2009, 12:32 PM
I just want to add that "Ignorance of a law is not an excuse" and no court or USCIS will buy that argument.

dummgelauft
08-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Uscis has done nothing wrong.

This person who posted the new thread seems to have come in to the country without even a passport. How is that legal?

How in the world can we expect Uscis to overlook all that? Don't criticize uscis for doing their job right (for once) :)

Canadians DO NOT need a passport, even now, to enter US for PLEASURE (visiting friends, vacation etc.).
HOWEVER, they do need visa to (which means a passport) to (1) Study (2) Work (3) Start a business etc in US.
If this person was a Canadian, and had a US citizen fiancee, it should have been a simple case of gettng a K1 fiancee visa and coming to US. Getting any kind of US visa is really very simple and quick for a Canadian citizen

swamy
08-21-2009, 12:35 PM
I received my RFE today and I am totally shocked and in a state of panic because they are asking for a lot of things to be submitted in 30 days and there is absolutely no way at this point that I can get $1000 together for the I-485 Supplement A form, PLUS the money to see a civil surgeon for a medical exam. Those are the two most important forms they are requesting but there are still 3 more forms aside from that. I am also required to show evidence of valid entry which I don't understand. When I came here, I was engaged to be married. I had only my birth certificate and driver's license when I went through customs in 2003. I was not required to have a passport so I have nothing at this point to show them. How do I deal with this to show I did not enter the country illegally? I did not marry my fiance in the end, but I did acquire employment with his relatives and I am still with them. I take care of a disabled person in the home and there is no way they will accept another person at this time. Not after 6 years. This is like family to me now and I can't just expect someone to take my place and do what I do. It doesn't work that way. We already went through the process of offering this position to someone else who was born and raised here and nobody wanted the job. We had one phone call over a 3 week period and nothing came of it. I do not receive monetary wages, I get room and board, therefore I do not have the money I need to submit this supplement A form and the people I live with are not able to just toss out that kind of money either. They also want me to submit evidence that I have maintained non-immigrant status - what the heck is that? I have filed every application that they have requested until now - nothing was ever said about this non-immigrant status stuff. I am confused and totally at a loss.

I was never aware that I had to submit an I-485 Supplement A form - why? Why has no one told me about this before now? I never saw one thing on the I-485 form that I filled out that a supplement was needed. I was not told I had to see a civil surgeon to submit a medical exam and any CS available is 4 hours away in any direction after checking out the list on the USCIS website. The household I live in is not able to just up and go whenever USCIS demands it and they are making our lives very difficult right now.
How do I handle this?
They say I have 33 days to get this cleared up and without employment for wages, this is impossible. Any previous forms I submitted were ones I was prepared for and I had help from a friend at the time, but that was over 2 years ago and I cannot expect other people to just hand over money now, especially $1000.
I am not leaving this household - there is no way I can abandon the person I live with and entrust them to someone else and there is no way this person would ever stand for that.

Is there anything that can be done to either get an extension or get around the I-485 supplement A? I am not as concerned about the civil surgeon exam, but I don't have a clue how much that will cost and again, I don't know how I will get the money to do that either.

sorry to hear your plight & the reactyion which is a very normal & human one. but uscis deals only with aliens so dont expect them to be humane or have any sense of decency or compassion (or efficiency!)- get a lawyer who can work pro bono and i'm sure they can handle the paperwork for waiving fees etc along with dealing with the nuts at uscis. dont expect sympathy from this forum - these ppl are used to uscis abuses so much (sortof battered wife syndrome) that they've forgotton what the reacion would be when normal human beings go up againts uscis..

dummgelauft
08-21-2009, 12:40 PM
I won't be back.

Okay, Let us assume it is not your fault, but answer a few things for me
(1) Did your Fiancee sponsor you for permanent residence in US? (He has to marry you to do so.
(2) Since 2002, there has been a n K1 visa (fiancee visa), did yo enquire about that?
(3) Do you have a Canadian Citizenship card?
(4) If you have a Canadian birth certificate and a License, why the heck can you not cross back in to Canada, via any of the dozens of land border crossings, and go start the whole process, with a passport in hand and a proper sponsorship for your visa.

In you post you have not mentioned ANYWHERE, as to who filed the immigrant petition for you. You can not just file it yourself, you need a sponsor (which in your case, should be your fiancee/husband).
If, by mis-fortune, you are no longer with your fiancee/husband, the best bet is to go back to Canada and get on with your life.

luvschocolates
08-21-2009, 12:52 PM
I did not marry the man I was engaged to. I came here initially for ONE month and was approved at the airport customs terminal to stay that long. When I got here, it was for a visit with my fiance only. Unfortunately, things did not work out and we broke it off. Thank God! However, I was staying with his uncle and aunt, and they had a disabled man in the house. HE turned out to be my sponsor when they asked me to care for him while they were doing long haul trucking. I agreed to do this and we immediately contacted USCIS to get instructions on what needed to be filed first. With that information in hand, we filed everything they requested. All the stuff on the RFE I received has never been mentioned before now and if it had, it would have been filed along with the rest. There are tons of applications, how is one supposed to know what to file and when if there are no specific instructions? I have gone through all the copies we have of all the required applications and I still do not see anything where all these other forms were to be filed along with the I-485.
Nothing was done illegally. He filed the application on my behalf, signed, sealed and delivered it himself. I did not do this on my own, I just signed whatever I was required to sign, he did the rest.
If all of this was illegal, then why was I not informed of this nearly 6 years ago when we filed the first application? Seems a bit odd that if I was illegal and they know where I am and who I live with that they wouldn't be quick to throw me out, but they have not done so.
My former fiance has nothing to do with this, I never intended to stay here when I first came, it was merely a visit but circumstances were such that I was needed at a moment's notice so we filed the necessary paperwork as quickly as possible and thought we were doing the right thing. No one has ever said otherwise until now and I think that is rather unfair to spring it all on me at this point and expect me to get it all done within 30 days. I know I am not the only applicant out there and I realize there is a huge backlog of other applications, I'm not that stupid to think that they will make me a priority, but one measly letter informing me that I was here illegally sometime over a 6 year period is not asking to much is it? Why would they send me all the other Notices of Action if I was here illegally and they knew it?
Something is terribly screwed up and I guess I have no choice but to find an attorney who can deal with this mess.

ryan
08-21-2009, 01:12 PM
I did not marry the man I was engaged to. .

Sorry to hear. We can debate on this form till the cows come home, however, I think it is best you contact an experienced / skilled immigration lawyer ASAP. Often there are alternatives and solutions an immigration lawyer can evaluate and put forth to you. IMO that is the best option at this point. I hope things work out for you, good luck.

snathan
08-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I did not marry the man I was engaged to. I came here initially for ONE month and was approved at the airport customs terminal to stay that long. When I got here, it was for a visit with my fiance only. Unfortunately, things did not work out and we broke it off. Thank God! However, I was staying with his uncle and aunt, and they had a disabled man in the house. HE turned out to be my sponsor when they asked me to care for him while they were doing long haul trucking. I agreed to do this and we immediately contacted USCIS to get instructions on what needed to be filed first. With that information in hand, we filed everything they requested. All the stuff on the RFE I received has never been mentioned before now and if it had, it would have been filed along with the rest. There are tons of applications, how is one supposed to know what to file and when if there are no specific instructions? I have gone through all the copies we have of all the required applications and I still do not see anything where all these other forms were to be filed along with the I-485.
Nothing was done illegally. He filed the application on my behalf, signed, sealed and delivered it himself. I did not do this on my own, I just signed whatever I was required to sign, he did the rest.
If all of this was illegal, then why was I not informed of this nearly 6 years ago when we filed the first application? Seems a bit odd that if I was illegal and they know where I am and who I live with that they wouldn't be quick to throw me out, but they have not done so.
My former fiance has nothing to do with this, I never intended to stay here when I first came, it was merely a visit but circumstances were such that I was needed at a moment's notice so we filed the necessary paperwork as quickly as possible and thought we were doing the right thing. No one has ever said otherwise until now and I think that is rather unfair to spring it all on me at this point and expect me to get it all done within 30 days. I know I am not the only applicant out there and I realize there is a huge backlog of other applications, I'm not that stupid to think that they will make me a priority, but one measly letter informing me that I was here illegally sometime over a 6 year period is not asking to much is it? Why would they send me all the other Notices of Action if I was here illegally and they knew it?
Something is terribly screwed up and I guess I have no choice but to find an attorney who can deal with this mess.

I couldnt understand if you are coming under employment/family based green card or illegal. There is huge backlog and people are waiting around ten years to get the GC. So there is no point in blaming USCIS. You need to contact the top notch Immigration attorney asap. I dont think anyone here would be able to help you in your situation. DON'T waste your time here.

smuggymba
08-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Thread Starter - unless you tell EXACTLY which GC category you fall in, when exactly was it applied - is the employment based, family based or what........ur asking questions but tellt he TECHNICAL details of your case..rather than saying USCIS is bad etc.

USCIS evaluates an application when they open it for the first time - if they saw ur application 6 years later and a single field were missing...u'll have to file again.

To me it seems like - u were illegal when u filed becuase u came here for a month and instead filed for GC, which was not ur original intention.

The work u do here will get u a job in canada easily. Tons of ppl are moving to canada from US just because of this crappy USCIS and GC process.

Contact an attroney, if u dont have the money, request someone pro bono favor or contact some agency. I'm not sure if canadian consulate can help u.

dummgelauft
08-21-2009, 01:51 PM

Okay, It is still a bit fuzzy, but lot clearer than your initial post. Almost all of us here on this forum are professionally qualified Employment Based applicants, with fairly straightforward, albeit extremently slow moving cases. Nearly all of us have been sponsored by our employers and we make sure that we are legal, in this country, every day of the year.
Now, coming to your case.
I am certain this "disabled man" you are caring for, had all good intentions, but he screwed up royally. You can not just "apply for a I-485". There has to be a basis from one of the following
(1) Family based
(2) Employment based
(3) Humanitarian / Refugee
(4) Diversity Based
It is still not clear, what CATEGORY he applied for you under.
(a) Can not be family based (you are not his spouse, child, sibling etc)
(b) You CERTAINLY DO NOT qualify under Employment based application.
(c) You absolutey CAN NOT apply under Refugee or Diversity (Canadians are shut out of diversity visa quota)
So, it is now time to stop pretending that you "were needed here". Nobody is indispensible.
Get your self back in to Cananda and work towards building your life back up.
Bon fin semaine!!

ramaonline
08-21-2009, 01:54 PM
The I485 Supplement A is for 245 i which means you had to be present in the US in the year 2000. Since you never entered the US until 2003 it does not look like this form is required in your case. Please call the USCIS customer service number to confirm this.

snathan
08-21-2009, 02:50 PM

I dont think your issuse can be fixed even by attorney. You are not coming under any category to file Green Card. So prepare for yourself to go back and build your life back in canada.

frostrated
08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
I dont think your issuse can be fixed even by attorney. You are not coming under any category to file Green Card. So prepare for yourself to go back and build your life back in canada.
or pray that CIR gets approved soon so that you can apply under the undocumented alien category.

luvschocolates
08-21-2009, 03:17 PM
If I was not required to fill out the form I-485, then why did USCIS send me a letter requesting me to do so? I'm sick of the smart a$$ remarks from some of you. This isn't funny and there are human beings involved. If you can't be helpful then please don't bother responding. Keep your remarks to yourself. I came here looking for some help, not a bunch of criticism and hurtful comments. It's not that simple just to go back to Canada like you think and I can't just leave the person I care for because you think I'm considered indispensible. Perhaps you'd like to talk to the people in this household and see just how willing they are to let me go. This is not just about packing up and leaving, I have roots here now and I cannot just abandon these folks. There is NO ONE to take care of them, not family, not friends and they do not want a stranger - period. We already tried that and it didn't work. How many people do you know that would willingly take care of a 500 lb. bedridden person, change catheters, bathe them and cook, clean and take care of other household chores simply for room and board? We offered the job to legal American citizens and when they heard the man was 500 lbs, they backed off before hearing the rest. I AM WILLING, he is used to me, I am used to him and there is no one else, including his own children, who will do what I do, so before you tell me I'm indispensible, try doing this job. We can't even get professional medical personnel in here to help, so exactly how am I indispensible under the circumstances? Should I just abandon him and let him rot and die in his own bed? Is that considered humane in your eyes? If he's obese does he not deserve the same quality of care as an ideal body weight person? Does his obesity make him undeserving of humane treatment? As I said, this is not just about legalities, this is about a human being needing someone to care for him and it's not that simple to get another person in here. I deal with him 24/7, I don't get a day off - would you do that? I doubt it!

If you had to go back to your country under similar circumstances I don't think you would be any more pleased than I am. USCIS has not asked me to leave, they are requesting more information. I have no problem with that part, just the time frame given and the money involved. I am more than willing to submit what they requested, but I need more time, especially for the medical exam after reading what is required.
As for the person that filed on my behalf, HE is the one who spoke to USCIS, so they didn't do their job if they did not tell him what was required. He wrote down every single thing they said we had to file and we did so. If they failed to mention what was needed, how would he find out? He's elderly, disabled and not computer literate so it's hard for him to look things up on his own. He simply did what they told him to do and if he screwed up, it's because he wasn't told what was needed. You can't expect everyone to be knowledgeable on stuff like this, it was all new to him and very unfamiliar.
If I had known more was required, I would have taken care of it myself, but since he was the person to file the application - which by the way was an employment based according to what we were told, then he did only what he was told and had no clue there was more beyond that.
I am trying to find an attorney and I will get this sorted out one way or the other, but leaving this household is not an option and if the American people care so much about each other, then I'd like to see one of them show up here and do what I do. I'm not naive enough to believe that will happen.

yabadaba
08-21-2009, 03:32 PM
luvschocolates: not sure what you are looking for from an employment based immigration site?

You have broken the law and you are illegally here. End of story. Even if there is no one here that will do the job that you do, there has to be documentation that proves that. Immigration law is one of the most complicated laws out there and other than a few categories like family based immigration or diversity lottery based immigration, most forms are extremely complex and reguire legal guidance to do so.

Yours is an open and shut case, no lawyer worth his salt will take you case up for free. Like a poster said earlier, ignorance of the law does not allow you to break it.

By your analogy, if I come from a country where there are no seat belt laws and using my international driver's permit I drive a car without weaing a seatbelt, does not make it ok. When caught, I will be arrested and fined.

In your case it would be easier for you to leave by yourself, rather than risk being deported and getting a 10 year entry ban.

dummgelauft
08-21-2009, 03:53 PM
If I was not required to fill out the form I-485, then why did USCIS send me a letter requesting me to do so? I'm sick of the smart a$$ remarks from some of you. This isn't funny and there are human beings involved. If you can't be helpful then please don't bother responding. Keep your remarks to yourself. I came here looking for some help, not a bunch of criticism and hurtful comments. It's not that simple just to go back to Canada like you think and I can't just leave the person I care for because you think I'm considered indispensible. Perhaps you'd like to talk to the people in this household and see just how willing they are to let me go. This is not just about packing up and leaving, I have roots here now and I cannot just abandon these folks. There is NO ONE to take care of them, not family, not friends and they do not want a stranger - period. We already tried that and it didn't work. How many people do you know that would willingly take care of a 500 lb. bedridden person, change catheters, bathe them and cook, clean and take care of other household chores simply for room and board? We offered the job to legal American citizens and when they heard the man was 500 lbs, they backed off before hearing the rest. I AM WILLING, he is used to me, I am used to him and there is no one else, including his own children, who will do what I do, so before you tell me I'm indispensible, try doing this job. We can't even get professional medical personnel in here to help, so exactly how am I indispensible under the circumstances? Should I just abandon him and let him rot and die in his own bed? Is that considered humane in your eyes? If he's obese does he not deserve the same quality of care as an ideal body weight person? Does his obesity make him undeserving of humane treatment? As I said, this is not just about legalities, this is about a human being needing someone to care for him and it's not that simple to get another person in here. I deal with him 24/7, I don't get a day off - would you do that? I doubt it!

If you had to go back to your country under similar circumstances I don't think you would be any more pleased than I am. USCIS has not asked me to leave, they are requesting more information. I have no problem with that part, just the time frame given and the money involved. I am more than willing to submit what they requested, but I need more time, especially for the medical exam after reading what is required.
As for the person that filed on my behalf, HE is the one who spoke to USCIS, so they didn't do their job if they did not tell him what was required. He wrote down every single thing they said we had to file and we did so. If they failed to mention what was needed, how would he find out? He's elderly, disabled and not computer literate so it's hard for him to look things up on his own. He simply did what they told him to do and if he screwed up, it's because he wasn't told what was needed. You can't expect everyone to be knowledgeable on stuff like this, it was all new to him and very unfamiliar.
If I had known more was required, I would have taken care of it myself, but since he was the person to file the application - which by the way was an employment based according to what we were told, then he did only what he was told and had no clue there was more beyond that.
I am trying to find an attorney and I will get this sorted out one way or the other, but leaving this household is not an option and if the American people care so much about each other, then I'd like to see one of them show up here and do what I do. I'm not naive enough to believe that will happen.

You could cry us and USCIS a river. Fact is that you have broken the law, whether knowingly or unknowingly. USCIS will treat you like an illegal alien, which in fact you are.
You are telling us about this 500.0 lb obese person whom you are "caring for". Let me tell you something, USCIS does not think twice about separating babies from their mothers and wives from their husbands, if they find out that law has been broken, so, say what you want. You are here illegaly and everybody here will tell you the same thing. Get your self back in to Canada.
Nobody FORCED you to stay here You made a choice, based on compassion on whatever. If that is still your position, then be prepared to pay the price. If you leave now, you can come visit this "family" of yours once in a while BUT if you get deported, forget it. There is 10 year ban on you and even after that, you will NOT be let in to US.

This is the hard truth, take it or get off this forum.

Admin, this poster should be deleted.

ryan
08-21-2009, 04:31 PM
You could cry us and USCIS a river. Fact is that you have broken the law, whether knowingly or unknowingly. USCIS will treat you like an illegal alien, which in fact you are.

Jesus! Please, tone it down. She's come to this forum asking for help.

luvschocolates, most folks on this form are employment based immigrants i.e. have their application for green cards sponsored by multinational firms -- for which there's a due process. In your case, I'd say best, hire an immigration attorney ASAP. Most often they are well knowledgeable with ways of the USCIS. Good luck to you, and keep us posted.

snathan
08-21-2009, 04:54 PM
luvschocolates...

I really feel sorry for you. I understand your issue and wish we can help you...but things are really complicated in your case. But unfortunately this is how the USCIS is working and immigration is completely broken. Please iginore these guys and get legal help. May be you can contact Sheela Murthy law firm. Its expensive but no other option. Or post your issues in their web site or Ron gotcher's web site. He might be able to guide you in this.

Thanks

IfYouSeekAmy
08-21-2009, 04:54 PM
I am truly sorry for your situation and applogize for the lousy way people in this forum are treating you. It seems you have done everything honestly and legally. From your story I do not see any wrong intentions or trying to stay here illegally. If that was the case I don't see why you filed the pettion anyway so looks like you have done the right thing. I wish I could help. The only advise I could give you is to see if you can get an extension on the 30 day period. I do not know if that is possible but I sincerely hope that things will work out for you!

bobbydalal
08-21-2009, 05:32 PM
luvchoclates ,
Hi first of all hats off to u for what u doing for someone whom u r even not related. All i can say is its really hard for someof these pepole to b in ur shoes n do half not more of what u have done. All i can say is i know of a real top notch lawyer and who has got green card done for most of my employees and is really good at what she does. U can either email me at vaishconsulting@hotmail.com and ill give u her # and put in a word to her for u and go frm there.
all the best

wandmaker
08-21-2009, 05:34 PM

Most of the people here are under employment based green cards - So, I would recommend get yourself an attorney.

dealsnet
08-21-2009, 05:40 PM
You didn't say what help you are looking for. Are you looking for any kind of contribution from IV members?.
Here is employement based people. You are not willing to pay for medicals for I-485. You didn't have money. Your sponser not willing to pay also. They may be getting money from the welfare for taking care for that disable person. US govt. will look after the disabled people. In nursing home or by using home nurse. Your compassion have no value for govt. machinary. You may get sympathy from people, not from govt. or USCIS.

What catagory you filed the I-485? What based? Do you have a social security number?
Answer these questions.
Then you will get answers from this forum, if you are looking for answers only.

How do I handle this?

luvschocolates
08-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Thank you to those of you who were kind enough to respond with helpful information and some understanding for my situation. I do appreciate that much.
And for those of you who were sarcastic and rude and accusing me of being illegal, if that was the case, then why has USCIS not stated that one time in all the correspondence I have had from them and why are they willing to give me a chance to file the required forms at this time?
They know where I live, who I live with and anything else they need to know. Illegal immigrants don't make themselves known to anybody that could/would report them. If I had something to hide, I would do so, but I have no secrets from them whatsoever. I have done all I have been asked to do and have the paperwork to prove it. I have not gotten a job anywhere outside of the home I live in and they are well aware of what I do here, I have not committed any crimes, my biometrics have come back clear, therefore I have no criminal record in my home country, so therefore I am not a threat whatsoever to anyone in the US.
No one at USCIS has ever stated by phone or mail that I am here illegally and if that was the case, I would think they would have been quick to deport me since they knew everything they needed to know in order to find me and still do. I have nothing to hide.

snathan
08-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Thank you to those of you who were kind enough to respond with helpful information and some understanding for my situation. I do appreciate that much.
And for those of you who were sarcastic and rude and accusing me of being illegal, if that was the case, then why has USCIS not stated that one time in all the correspondence I have had from them and why are they willing to give me a chance to file the required forms at this time?
They know where I live, who I live with and anything else they need to know. Illegal immigrants don't make themselves known to anybody that could/would report them. If I had something to hide, I would do so, but I have no secrets from them whatsoever. I have done all I have been asked to do and have the paperwork to prove it. I have not gotten a job anywhere outside of the home I live in and they are well aware of what I do here, I have not committed any crimes, my biometrics have come back clear, therefore I have no criminal record in my home country, so therefore I am not a threat whatsoever to anyone in the US.
No one at USCIS has ever stated by phone or mail that I am here illegally and if that was the case, I would think they would have been quick to deport me since they knew everything they needed to know in order to find me and still do. I have nothing to hide.

I am not sure what you are trying to achive here by trying to prove your legality. Normally the USCIS wont come after you immidiately. But once you are not able to provide what they ask, they might deny your I-485 and ICE will be at your door step. So try to fix the problem before its too late rather than wasting your time here.

dummgelauft
08-21-2009, 09:31 PM
1) Nobody is accusing of you being illegal. YOU ARE ILLEGAL
2) You have come to a public forum, seeking advice. That is exactly what you are getting. Go hire an attorney, but given your case (considerig that you have one!!) nobody will touch it.
(3) Everybody here has had their bio-metrics cleared, several time over. None of the people on this forum are criminals, but they have paid thousands of dollars in legal fees and still have not got their I-485 approved, so what do expect?
(4) USCIS has massive case backlog, so if you expected them to inform you of everything, at every step of the way, I am sorry, but please come out of your La La land.
(5) USICS knows where you live..hahah..you bet. Just wait for that know on the door. By the way, they WILL handcuff you and put you in the back of a police car.
(6) Bottomline, USICS follows the law (however bad or insane that law may be). According to law, you are here illegally and will be deported, sooner rather than later. If you are up for this, keep dreaming, else, get your stuff together and get your derierre back to Canada.

sugaur
08-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Have the chubby guy u take care of contact the local congressman/senator/newspaper and tell them a sob story about how no one will take care of him except you and maybe you will get lucky.
One thing you can do, when you are deported, take the porky along. Less expense for the US health care.:D

snathan
08-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Have the chubby guy u take care of contact the local congressman/senator/newspaper and tell them a sob story about how no one will take care of him except you and maybe you will get lucky.
One thing you can do, when you are deported, take the porky along. Less expense for the US health care.:D

I am not sure why you guys are so harsh when someone is asking for guidance and help. If you have lot of time please go after the antis...there are lot of websites to rant your farustartion. If you can not give any useful information...please refrain from posting. It just gives very bad light.

dealsnet
08-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Nobody get any advantage from your situation. We are all very sad about your situation. Even legal IV members are forced to go home after loosing their job and after 6 years in H1B.
You are here come not in any work visa catagory. Not even in NAFTA.
You file your I-485 at the time of July 2007 visa fiasco.
USCIS got 1 million application at that period. So they didn't made much scrutiny your application. If at normal time, you may get a fast RFE and subsequent denial.
Because of work load it was not happened. I have read all of your previous threads in IV (REGARDING FINGER PRINT ETC). Your case is diffrent with the people here.
You are ignorant regarding immigration. You have acess to comuter. Google it and get info.

You are telling about I-485 only.
YOU ARE NOT TELLING ABOUT I-140 (EMPLOYMENT BASED) OR I-130 (FAMILY BASED)
IF you are not filed I-130 or I-140 at the time or before I-485, your petition is invalid.
Except EB1, almost all EB based GC need labor process.

If your I-94 date is expired and you are not extend it or change to any visa catagory at the time of I-485 filing, you are illegal. IT IS THE HARD TRUTH.
USCIS will not adjust the status, if the petitioner is not legal at the time of I485 filing.
After I-485 filing I-94 expiry is not a problem.
Canada is next country. Why you didn't go back and come in NAFTA or other visa catagory ?

sugaur
08-22-2009, 01:57 AM
I am not sure why you guys are so harsh when someone is asking for guidance and help. If you have lot of time please go after the antis...there are lot of websites to rant your farustartion. If you can not give any useful information...please refrain from posting. It just gives very bad light.

Hey, I think the suggestion to contact congressman/senator/newspaper is a good one, probably the best anyone has given so far.
I couldnt resist making a crack, here's a person with ABSOLUTELY no clue about US immigration system blaming the USCIS for sending an RFE. And taking care of a 500 pounder doesnt qualify for a waiver for labour certification:D

luvschocolates
08-22-2009, 02:07 AM
The majority of you people are cruel and harsh individuals, how dare you insult a man that is sick just because of his weight. The majority of you are also from middle eastern countries - not exactly buddies with the USA. Canadians didn't come here to blow up buildings, people from your part of the world did. Canadians were here to help, and were one of the first countries on the scene.
Canadians are allies, not enemies. You folks need to be the ones to go back where you came from!

sugaur
08-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Do you even know what countries comprise the "Middle East"? Sounds like your knowldege of geography is as deep as that of the US immigration laws. A testament to canadian educations system.
Majority of you canadians are descendents of cowards who sided with the brits during the American revolution. You come here breaking all immigration laws and have the audacity to suggest that you are better than us, who have been playing by the rules all along! Whatever our faults may be , we know and respect the laws of the country we hope to be citizens of one day.

boreal
08-22-2009, 02:36 AM

Advising someone who is clearly illegal and to top it, feels entitled to a Green card, you guys are giving quite a lot of fodder to the same antis...so please stop this as well!

unseenguy
08-22-2009, 10:03 AM
luvschocolates: Ignore what everyone has said and do exactly what is written on RFE you got. If you do not do it, your 485 will be denied and you risk deportation if you do not do what USCIS has asked you to do. They are very powerful and I hope you understand this.

If you are not able to afford it by money there are volunteer organizations that will do the medical exam. The medical exam will cost about 300-400 $ but you can reduce the cost by taking shots at public hospitals/facilities and by taking help from volunteer support organizations.

Also if the family of the person you care for really loves you, they have to understand that this is the cost of keeping you to take care of the person. So they have to pay. I know you dont want to ask them for money, but talk to them , they might be willing afterall.

You also need to prove evidence of valid entry. Do you have a copy of your original boarding pass , airline ticket etc? When you entered US through airline, they would have given you a green I-94 W card. A small green card to keep as a proof. Do you have that? If so send in the photocopy of that. If not , for the nerdy institution USCIS is, your chances are slim, so you will need to consult an attorney.

Again, there are volunteer organizations that help people who can not afford costs. They should have local presence wherever you live.

Do not listen to the mean attitude of guys on this forum, let USCIS be the judge on your case and not the guys on this forum.

Now hurry up and start getting the paperwork done. You do not have much time to respond.

venky321
08-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Seriously, why are you giving OP such a hard time? She only came here looking for help.
I am not sure if she is illegal or not, but atleast you could have told her that politely instead of taunting her with it.

OP, just so you know, the majority of the posters here have to endure long long waits for their US green cards, greater than 10 years sometimes. Because of that they tend to become hyper sensitive when it comes to immigration matters, especially when they think someone is stepping out of line and trying to manipulate the system. Dont mean to imply at all , thats what you are doing.

Your case is too complicated and I haven't come across such a scenario; I'd suggest talking to an attorney; while it might be expensive, some attorneys might be willing to talk to you free for a few minutes, for a basic consultation. Atleast you may find out if you are legal or not.

sugaur
08-22-2009, 10:50 AM
This person is a racist who thinks we are all "Middle Eastern" who want to blow things up here. She prefers we all go back "where we came from". Read her previous post. She feels she is "owed" a green card even though she broke all the rules. Why are you guys trying to help this person? Isnt it a crime to try and help a person evade immigration laws?

dealsnet
08-22-2009, 10:58 AM
We are not terrorist. Majority are from India, China etc. You are asking for help from terrorists !!!!!!!!!!! (according to you)
We didn't blow up any buildings. We built buildings, civilized world, literature and technology.
We have more than 5000 years of civilized history. That time your people and Europeans are nomads and barbarians. We have great universities and Cities during ancient times.

You are totally ignorant about the world you live. Leave about immigration. You are day dreaming. You thought just file I-485 will give you GC, you need to file I-130 or I-140 before that.

The majority of you people are cruel and harsh individuals, how dare you insult a man that is sick just because of his weight. The majority of you are also from middle eastern countries - not exactly buddies with the USA. Canadians didn't come here to blow up buildings, people from your part of the world did. Canadians were here to help, and were one of the first countries on the scene.
Canadians are allies, not enemies. You folks need to be the ones to go back where you came from!