PDA

View Full Version : EAD Approved for only 1 year

bpratap
08-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi Guys,

I recently applied for EAD & AP (for the first time)

I got my EAD approved only for 1 year. is that the case with everyone now ?

I heard & was expecting 2 year EAD.

Anyone in similar situation ? can I do anything to get it changed to 2 years ?

wandmaker
08-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi Guys,

You need to file a new application without a fee with the supporting documents along with a cover letter and original EAD - Call USCIS 800#, CSR will guide you through the process.

Honda
08-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi Guys,

I got 2 year EAD.

LostInGCProcess
08-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi Guys,

I got for 2 years. Only 2 reasons i could think of. One, error on part of USCIS Or your GC is close to the approval time.

starseed
08-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Same here, was expecting 2 year EAD and only got 1 year EAD.
Thanks wandmaker for the info on new app/ calling USCIS CSR. Do you know if CSR will inform one as to what the cover letter is supposed to contain?

bpratap
08-20-2009, 09:11 PM
I dont believe my GC is close to approval.

So it should be Error on USCIS. will try to call CSR tomm

starseed
08-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I got for 2 years. Only 2 reasons i could think of. One, error on part of USCIS Or your GC is close to the approval time.

Actually, this was my first (hopeful) impression. That GC is close to approval/pre-adjudication, hence only 1 year. I recently requested investigation and got the VERY standard letter saying "We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review...." blah, blah. (see original post about this under http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/185462-insight-into-i-485-delay-approval-process-tsc-io-biometrics-not-showing.html
As mentioned in the above-referenced post, my goal was to at least force someone to have to look at my stuff. I sent the EAD application AFTER the request for more info. So there had to have been a (kinda, maybe?) synchronous event with status request and EAD processing. EAD Received and Notice Date was July 23 2009. "Status of Service Request" letter referenced my contact/request of July 21 2009, and letter was dated July 24 2009. EAD was issued July 31 2009.

So I'm hoping close to approval is the case here, but I will call CSR ......again.... anyway!