PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing to meet lawmakers in Houston area?

mikoo
03-26-2007, 04:08 AM
Anyone interested to meet lawmakers in Houston area email me at meetthelawmakers@yahoo.com. Also , do mail your phone number so, that we can arrange this asap!

puvathoor
04-08-2007, 04:33 PM
I would be interested in finding out what your agenda is to meet with the lawmakers before I sign up.

I have tried meeting with many local lawmakers in the Houston area but the best I got was a phone discussion..

Remember, the time of these lawmakers is tight. If I were them, I would not invest too much time meeting with people who don't have the right to vote and cannot donate money.. would you?..

Not to discourage you, but I think to meet with the lawmakers, we will have to come up with a strong case on why these extremely busy people need to take time off from their busy schedule to meet with us?

syedjaamy
04-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Where are we on this? Was any agenda put forward? I am willing to work on this together provided we have a strong agenda...

Please let me know.

I would be interested in finding out what your agenda is to meet with the lawmakers before I sign up.

I have tried meeting with many local lawmakers in the Houston area but the best I got was a phone discussion..

Remember, the time of these lawmakers is tight. If I were them, I would not invest too much time meeting with people who don't have the right to vote and cannot donate money.. would you?..

Not to discourage you, but I think to meet with the lawmakers, we will have to come up with a strong case on why these extremely busy people need to take time off from their busy schedule to meet with us?

marthand
05-26-2007, 10:47 AM
I am interested in meeting Senators / Lawmakers in the Houston area, with the sole intent of making OUR issues known and understood in a civil and professional manner. As long as the topic of discussion will be immigration reform, you can count me in. Please contact me by email marthand@usa.net

puvathoor
01-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Hello team in Houston..

I am interested in collaborating with the group here to meet the lawmakers..

Anyone interested in meeting up to discuss our next steps on creating an agenda to meet with the Houston Lawmakers?

may be one of the city of houston libraries will provide a good location.. Looscan library on Westheimer was recently renovated and has good facilities..

please let me know if anyone is interested..

mikoo
06-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I am looking to make a team of 4 persons , who are willing to meet local congressmen/senator .

Including myself , i need at least 3 comitted persons who can communicate effectively at the meeting.

Nilofer will provide the needed info to prepare for the meetings.

once a team of 4 persons is made we can setup a appointment with congressmen/senator.

email me

thanks

gc28262
06-01-2009, 07:29 PM
I am looking to make a team of 4 persons , who are willing to meet local congressmen/senator .

Including myself , i need at least 3 comitted persons who can communicate effectively at the meeting.

once a team of 4 persons is made we can setup a appointment with congressmen/senator.

email me or call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX

thanks

No offense.

Isn't it better to post these kind of messages on State Chapter yahoo/google groups ? After all this is a public forum.

jthomas
06-01-2009, 11:55 PM
please don't put your personal phone number in this public thread. The best result would be to post it in your state chapter.

I have my post in anti-immigrants website. I don't want anybody to harass you.

J thomas

email me or call me at **********

thanks