PDA

View Full Version : Confusion while accepting job offer

dharmesh.pariawala
08-17-2009, 03:42 PM
* I currently have EAD.
* My I-485 is pending for more than six months.
* Currently working as software consultant doing software development.
* Labor is filed in EB2 category with title "Computer and Information Systems Managers"

I am getting laid of from my current position and have time until November 6th. Meanwhile, our business side likes my work a lot and want to hire me in their department as Data Manager. This new offer is analitical position rather than active development. I will be still responsible for specs, design, reporting with other things on of the software systems.

My question is should I have any problem with accepting this offer? I think this still fulfills the role of "Computer and Information Systems Managers". I think the opportunity is very good for my career development and gives me a lot of opportunity to grow. The company that I am getting offer is from a Fortune 500.

Do you see any potential problems with my I-485 application. I have a steady work history.

Please advice

IfYouSeekAmy
08-17-2009, 03:55 PM
You may want to post this under the "Ask lawyers for Free" section of this forum.

* I currently have EAD.
* My I-485 is pending for more than six months.
* Currently working as software consultant doing software development.
* Labor is filed in EB2 category with title "Computer and Information Systems Managers"

I am getting laid of from my current position and have time until November 6th. Meanwhile, our business side likes my work a lot and want to hire me in their department as Data Manager. This new offer is analitical position rather than active development. I will be still responsible for specs, design, reporting with other things on of the software systems.

My question is should I have any problem with accepting this offer? I think this still fulfills the role of "Computer and Information Systems Managers". I think the opportunity is very good for my career development and gives me a lot of opportunity to grow. The company that I am getting offer is from a Fortune 500.

Do you see any potential problems with my I-485 application. I have a steady work history.

Please advice

va_dude
08-17-2009, 03:59 PM
From this looks of it it seems like a very straightforward case of porting (ac-21) and even the job codes/descriptions, etc seem to match the title you filed it under.

Some things to look for:

1. is your new employer willing to provide a letter or documentation that you could use to file ac-21 (assuming you are planning to do claim ac-21)?

2. you would need their support even if you dont file for ac-21 and get some sort of rfe.

3. can you hold on to the same set of attorney's who have processed all your other stuff? helps to have the same attorney.

In the end, this decision is very subjective and depends on your appetite for risk too.

good luck.

dharmesh.pariawala
08-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the quick reponse.

1. Yes
2. I will need to find out.
3. No. I cannot hold on to my lawyer.

From this looks of it it seems like a very straightforward case of porting (ac-21) and even the job codes/descriptions, etc seem to match the title you filed it under.

Some things to look for:

1. is your new employer willing to provide a letter or documentation that you could use to file ac-21 (assuming you are planning to do claim ac-21)?

2. you would need their support even if you dont file for ac-21 and get some sort of rfe.

3. can you hold on to the same set of attorney's who have processed all your other stuff? helps to have the same attorney.

In the end, this decision is very subjective and depends on your appetite for risk too.

good luck.