PDA

View Full Version : Travel on AP via Dubai from Emirates

gchopes
08-16-2009, 11:37 AM
I just wanted to confirm that it is ok to travel on AP via Dubai from Emirates without H1B stamp. Has anyone done this recently and can you share your experience? Thanks.

- gchopes

ajay
08-16-2009, 12:23 PM
I just wanted to confirm that it is ok to travel on AP via Dubai from Emirates without H1B stamp. Has anyone done this recently and can you share your experience? Thanks.

- gchopes

In Dubai when you come back you have to show your AP and supporting docs if they ask you to. I came back this July 18th.

Aah_GC
08-16-2009, 12:35 PM
I had absolutely no problems, it's all smooth as long as you carry all the supporting docs. I did have a shitty experience at JFK -- there are few morons at the POE you can't do much about.

gimme_GC2006
08-16-2009, 07:27 PM
In Dubai when you come back you have to show your AP and supporting docs if they ask you to. I came back this July 18th.

I had absolutely no problems, it's all smooth as long as you carry all the supporting docs. I did have a shitty experience at JFK -- there are few morons at the POE you can't do much about.

What are the supporting docs along with AP? I will be travelling by Emirates via Dubai in Novemeber.

TIA

ajay
08-16-2009, 09:41 PM
What are the supporting docs along with AP? I will be travelling by Emirates via Dubai in Novemeber.

TIA
The AP should be accompanied by employer's letter that proves your support,i .e.It is a simple letter which states that the employer supports your I485.

Please also carry few recent paystubs and copies of all h1,if they are not stamped in the passport. This was asked at POE in IAD(Washington Dulles International Airport).

sanjay02
08-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi
What are supporting documents reqd at port of entry for dependent who is travelling on AP( who is not primary applicant)?

Thnks

bsnf
08-17-2009, 10:44 AM
I travelled to India via Dubai last Nov returned Dec 31st - did not have any problem. They only checked AP and passport - I did not carry any supporting documents - was not asked in Dubai or US.

I am travelling again via Dubai in Dec returing Jan.

sanjay02
08-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi bsnf

Are you the primary applicant?

vrbest
08-17-2009, 06:13 PM
I just came back this afternoon (1:30 PM EST) via Dubai...Atlanta..from Chennai.. Just showed AP document and passport.. no questions asked...

Airline just verified AP at Chennai and Dubai to ensure I travel with valid documentation to USA.

sanjay02: Dependents may need to produce Primary Applicant's 485 receipt just incase they ask.. Not sure if it really matters as there is no primary or dependent on AP document mentioned.

Hope this helps!

- gchopes

kartikiran
08-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Recently(July 12th 2009) travelled from Hyd to JFK via Dubai on AP. No problems with the airlines. Had to clear the secondary inspection at JFK airport ala Shahrukh Khan...;)

Note, was using my AP for the 2nd time within an year travelling from India.

I just came back this afternoon (1:30 PM EST) via Dubai...Atlanta..from Chennai.. Just showed AP document and passport.. no questions asked...

Airline just verified AP at Chennai and Dubai to ensure I travel with valid documentation to USA.

sanjay02: Dependents may need to produce Primary Applicant's 485 receipt just incase they ask.. Not sure if it really matters as there is no primary or dependent on AP document mentioned.

Hope this helps!

kuhelica2000
08-17-2009, 06:31 PM
My wife had traveled with Emirates via Dubai last year on AO. No issues at all. This year we are thinking for flying Etihad as they are offering better price. Does anyone have any experience with Etihad airlines with AP?

gimme_GC2006
08-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Recently(July 12th 2009) travelled from Hyd to JFK via Dubai on AP. No problems with the airlines. Had to clear the secondary inspection at JFK airport ala Shahrukh Khan...;)

Note, was using my AP for the 2nd time within an year travelling from India.

what was secondary interview like?

kartikiran
08-17-2009, 08:08 PM
gimme_GC2006,

I used my AP twice via JFK. Both times sent to secondary. No questions asked, just had to wait an extra 90 minutes due to people in front of me and was given my passport with the I94 back.

so nothing to fear.
what was secondary interview like?

gimme_GC2006
08-17-2009, 09:02 PM
gimme_GC2006,

I used my AP twice via JFK. Both times sent to secondary. No questions asked, just had to wait an extra 90 minutes due to people in front of me and was given my passport with the I94 back.

so nothing to fear.

ok..cool..thanks !!
Hopefully mine will also be cool. :)