PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone successfully travel/reenter after AC21/Addresschange?

ags123
08-15-2009, 02:52 AM
Hi

I was wondering if any one has
a)switched jobs on EAD using AC21
and
b)moved to a new address in a different state
and
c) not filed any AC21 docs
and
d) Travelled out of US and reentered using AP(may be via SFO :))

Could you please let me know your experience was it easy? I am planning to do something similar next month and wanted to get some opinions on this?(I have used AP and it was an easy process to reenter, but that was before I used AC21)

Thanks
A

kaarmaa
08-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Karmanye Vadhikarashte maa phaleshu kadachana|
Ma Karma phala hetoh bhurmathe sangosthvakarmani||

This is a nice BG slokam and this is the answer to your question :D

ags123
08-15-2009, 01:07 PM
dude ya right philosophic answer but I want the real answer :)

ajay
08-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi

I was wondering if any one has
a)switched jobs on EAD using AC21
and
b)moved to a new address in a different state
and
c) not filed any AC21 docs
and
d) Travelled out of US and reentered using AP(may be via SFO :))

Could you please let me know your experience was it easy? I am planning to do something similar next month and wanted to get some opinions on this?(I have used AP and it was an easy process to reenter, but that was before I used AC21)

Thanks
A
Last year I entered US using AP after changing the physical address and without using AC21. This year my company filed AC21 and then I travelled. Please note that I have transferred to their H1b although I carry EAD also at the same time.

Now, to add to this there should not be a reason to worry to re-enter US if you have EVAL letter from your employer stating that you are an employee and they support your I485 and few latest paystubs in case.
Anybody has any other opinion please share it.

Nickjr
08-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Yes I did. This month I returned to US and reentry was smooth . Not a single question was asked they took my AP and asked me to wait after 5 minutes they returned my AP with stamp

Looks like now they have access to all details like your employer /change /address change that could be the reason why they didn't ask a single question.

My port of entry wa Boston. I heard experience in Newark is not the same

Cheers

ags123
09-22-2009, 08:40 AM
just FYI, came back via SFO and had no reentry issues.