PDA

View Full Version : Is this going to be a problem?

luvschocolates
08-13-2009, 01:34 AM
I had my biometrics done on July 20th, 2009, and today I received this notice on the USCIS website. I have not received the letter yet that they apparently sent so I'm not sure what this means. Does anyone have a clue?
Here is what the websites states:

"On August 12, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your mailing address."

Should I be concerned? What is initial evidence? Anyone have a clue what's going on?

rockstart
08-13-2009, 10:12 AM
This mens what people call as RFE. since USCIS says initial evidence this means some required document is missing. Example Birth Certificate or missing signatures on application or missing info on Medicals etc. Just wait for 4-5 days and you will receive the actual RFE. If something you think could be missing then better start preparing in advance to fulfill. Sometimes you might have sent the info but CIS might have misplaced it. So might have to send another copy.