PDA

View Full Version : Travelling on AP to India and Extending stay

ak77
05-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Guys,

I have a valid AP/EAD combo card and traveled to India last Week. this card is expiring by End of the MAY 2016. I already applied for my Extension before my travel and that card is approved today . My Original plan was to return to states in two weeks before my old card expired. Now that my New Card is approved . Can i Extend my Stay if i can get that NEW CARD FedEx-ed to India? and travel on that New Card in June?

PS: I am not H1 anymore and i am only on EAD /AP from long time and travelled in and out several times. I was just not in this situation before.

thanks
AK.

ak77
05-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Can Somebody please reply ?

psagarn
05-05-2016, 11:18 AM
I vaguely remember when I was planning to travel on AP, I did some research and reached the conclusion that you have to re-enter US on the same valid AP that you had at the time of exit. So my advice would be to come back before the expiry of the first one.

spicy_guy
05-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Guys,

I have a valid AP/EAD combo card and traveled to India last Week. this card is expiring by End of the MAY 2016. I already applied for my Extension before my travel and that card is approved today . My Original plan was to return to states in two weeks before my old card expired. Now that my New Card is approved . Can i Extend my Stay if i can get that NEW CARD FedEx-ed to India? and travel on that New Card in June?

PS: I am not H1 anymore and i am only on EAD /AP from long time and travelled in and out several times. I was just not in this situation before.

thanks
AK.

When you apply for AP, there is an option to get it mailed abroad. I understand you already applied. I know a person who got approved AP mailed to abroad and traveled with it with no issues, though not a recommended approach. However, there are not many cases as such, I have come across.

My advise is, if you can extend a couple more moths, then have someone apply it for you here again, and have it directly mailed to abroad. This may be out of options for you.

If above does not work for you, consult a lawyer and get his advise. Make sure you hire a good one. Not all lawyers are well educated about AP.