PDA

View Full Version : Technical Comments for "EAD for I-140" rule

hil3182
03-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Here is a link (dropbox.com/s/5uw2skqo2xcw8ld/Immigration_Voice_Comments_for_Proposed_Regulation _Docket_ID_USCIS20150008.pdf?dl=0) to the technical comments we submitted yesterday.

It is a pretty dense read, please read through the end - carefully.

BABUG
03-01-2016, 06:38 PM
With the little knowledge i had I felt that
The Questions to DHS is like Extended Version of Aman's Speech earlier

I also like the below comment in the way it was quoted.
"we ask that DHS either remove the “Compelling Circumstances” requirement or make long backlogs as a “compelling circumstance”.

Again Thanks for the IV team for their Great Work

testingtimes
03-01-2016, 06:53 PM
I saw the horror stories published. I had written to the white house. Here was a reply from the white house I got. Wonder if it will help in any way! This was in Oct 2015.

Thank you for writing. The United States is a nation of immigrants who strive to achieve the American dream. However, this country’s immigration system has been broken for a very long time, and too often it has an unfair and burdensome impact on the individuals it was meant to assist. Emails like yours underscore the hardships created by this system, and they show we must do more to fix it.

People shouldn’t have to worry about spending years stuck in line or separated from loved ones, and law‑abiding families shouldn’t have to live in constant fear of being torn apart. America didn’t raise the Statue of Liberty with her back to the world—we did it with her light shining as a beacon to the world, because we were strangers once, too.

No matter who we were or where we came from—whether we fled famine, war, or persecution; whether we had the right documents or particular skills; whether we were wealthy or poor—we shared the hope that America would be the place where we could finally build a better life for ourselves, our children, and future generations. Everyone deserves that opportunity, and I want you to know I am going to keep fighting for people like you.

To learn more about the steps I am taking to help bring relief to those suffering from the consequences of a broken immigration system, visit [www.WhiteHouse.gov/Immigration-Action]www.WhiteHouse.gov/Immigration-Action. To contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or get information about a current USCIS case, visit www.USCIS.gov or call 1‑800‑375‑5283. For problems with a USCIS application or petition, you can also contact the USCIS Ombudsman at [www.DHS.gov/Case-Assistance]www.DHS.gov/Case-Assistance. For information on U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, visit www.ICE.gov or call 1‑888‑351‑4024. For help with visa processing, eligibility, waivers, and other inquiries, visit [USVisas.State.gov]USVisas.State.gov.

Military families can call 1‑877‑247‑4645 for help with immigration‑related questions. Information on jobs, child care, health benefits, housing assistance, and other public resources available to those in need can be found at 1‑800‑FED‑INFO or www.USA.gov.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

thankstooptx
03-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Here is a link (dropbox.com/s/5uw2skqo2xcw8ld/Immigration_Voice_Comments_for_Proposed_Regulation _Docket_ID_USCIS20150008.pdf?dl=0) to the technical comments we submitted yesterday.

It is a pretty dense read, please read through the end - carefully.

Thank everyone who toiled hard for this. Appreciate all your efforts.

krish2005
03-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Admins,

I was scanning through the document and found that it was articulated so well and all the faults have been highlighted with required intensity.

Hope and wish that you could drill the problems much more into the hearts of the decision makers and help us get necessary relief.

Thanks for all the hard work and we really appreciate the effort.

Krishna

GC2022
03-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Guys,

Its been a rough 2 months. Thanks for the hard work.

foia
03-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Excellent work, immigration voice team. No words to appraise you guys. This will certainly pay you back. God Bless you, Aman bhai.

d.kiran
03-02-2016, 09:35 AM
Can I ask a question ? Copied from my FB question and cleaned up for clarity.

The comment is very well thought out and very detailed. I have a very basic question, that I am sure you all would have thought about or is probably not even relevant.

At the risk of extreme oversimplification, the majority of the argument rests on the fact that a valid PERM and a valid I-140 (based on the PERM) are used to provide unlimited H1b extensions. However, the congressional intent is to provide "Job flexibility" and "ONE TIME EXTENSION" . Therefore, if the intent was to provide one time extension and allow job flexibility, then the only way is to provide an EAD and AP.

This is certainly a novel approach (and highlights why IV did not publish the comments earlier) , but the potential downside could be that DHS could say we will need a new PERM and new I-140 for every H1b extension. Is this not a valid risk or do you believe employers would not let this happen ?

ashwink
03-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Can I ask a question ? Copied from my FB question and cleaned up for clarity.

The comment is very well thought out and very detailed. I have a very basic question, that I am sure you all would have thought about or is probably not even relevant.

At the risk of extreme oversimplification, the majority of the argument rests on the fact that a valid PERM and a valid I-140 (based on the PERM) are used to provide unlimited H1b extensions. However, the congressional intent is to provide "Job flexibility" and "ONE TIME EXTENSION" . Therefore, if the intent was to provide one time extension and allow job flexibility, then the only way is to provide an EAD and AP.

This is certainly a novel approach (and highlights why IV did not publish the comments earlier) , but the potential downside could be that DHS could say we will need a new PERM and new I-140 for every H1b extension. Is this not a valid risk or do you believe employers would not let this happen ?

Admin should feel free to correct me, but I think there are many issues IV raised that tie together:

Completely ignoring employee's interests in interpreting the law.
The fact that on a literal interpretation of the law governing labor certification, the labor certification is completely invalid for any kind of backlog. This means if DHS is interpreting the law literally, then EB-3 ROW (which is backlogged by 2 months) has an invalid labor certification - but they are still giving them green cards!
If DHS is keeping the labor certification valid - how are are they doing it? IV is saying (and I agree) that the only way to do it is by interpreting the statue through AC-21, which if they are doing then why are they not providing job flexibility? This selective interpretation of the law goes back to #1 which is DHS is completely ignoring employee interests.
Regarding 6th year extensions, IV is saying the only reason Congress allows 6th year extensions is to enable the backlogged applicants to get a GC. But if you switch employers, you loose the GC application and have to start all over again - which goes against the whole reason for a 6th year H1-B extension and is a paradox.

As to your specific question, it is very unlikely that they will do that. They will get sued because that is not what Congress intended with the 6th year H1-B extension. If they did that, they cannot give any GC to EB-3 ROW. I think IV has done a brilliant job in cornering DHS with contradictions in they own regulation.

There are many other things in the document. It is a very technical document - that has been made easy to read - I suggest reading it 3 or 4 times to let the whole thing sink in.

d.kiran
03-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Admin should feel free to correct me, but I think there are many issues IV raised that tie together:

The fact that on a literal interpretation of the law governing labor certification, the labor certification is completely invalid for any kind of backlog. This means if DHS is interpreting the law literally, then EB-3 ROW (which is backlogged by 2 months) has an invalid labor certification - but they are still giving them green cards!
If DHS is keeping the labor certification valid - how are are they doing it? IV is saying (and I agree) that the only way to do it is by interpreting the statue through AC-21, which if they are doing then why are they not providing job flexibility? This selective interpretation of the law goes back to #1 which is DHS is completely ignoring employee interests.
Regarding 6th year extensions, IV is saying the only reason Congress allows 6th year extensions is to enable the backlogged applicants to get a GC. But if you switch employers, you loose the GC application and have to start all over again - which goes against the whole reason for a 6th year H1-B extension and is a paradox.

As to your specific question, it is very unlikely that they will do that. They will get sued because that is not what Congress intended with the 6th year H1-B extension. If they did that, they cannot give any GC to EB-3 ROW. I think IV has done a brilliant job in cornering DHS with contradictions in they own regulation.

There are many other things in the document. It is a very technical document - that has been made easy to read - I suggest reading it 3 or 4 times to let the whole thing sink in.

Thank you.. That is the context I was looking for. I agree it needs multiple readings, but reading it with additional context helps me :-)

DMX17
03-02-2016, 11:52 AM

Very good summary! I am glad that you were able to clearly get the main points of the IV comments. The regulation in the current form is so fucked up that it was just screamingly asking for it!

But another main point I would like to add is to quote Aman Kapoor for saying this many times every time he speaks “The purpose of the immigration laws is firstly to protection the interest of U.S. workers” and “this system of indentured servitude of H-1B’s tied to their employers is hurting U.S. workers and this proposed regulation is against the core intent of immigration laws”.

HumHongeKaamyaab
03-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Very good summary! I am glad that you were able to clearly get the main points of the IV comments. The regulation in the current form is so fucked up that it was just screamingly asking for it!

But another main point I would like to add is to quote Aman Kapoor for saying this many times every time he speaks “The purpose of the immigration laws is firstly to protection the interest of U.S. workers” and “this system of indentured servitude of H-1B’s tied to their employers is hurting U.S. workers and this proposed regulation is against the core intent of immigration laws”.

I read the document word by word and found myself feeling emotionally drained because iI could UNDERSTAND what was in the document. This is a great feat to put together such a compelling argument and anyone with half a heart should have no issues relating to our plight. I praise all the hard work IV has put in.

I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I was wondering ..isn't there enough reasons that this comment from IV provides us to sue DHS? How can they justify all the crap they are doing?

DMX17
03-02-2016, 01:24 PM
I read the document word by word and found myself feeling emotionally drained because iI could UNDERSTAND what was in the document. This is a great feat to put together such a compelling argument and anyone with half a heart should have no issues relating to our plight. I praise all the hard work IV has put in.

I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I was wondering ..isn't there enough reasons that this comment from IV provides us to sue DHS? How can they justify all the crap they are doing?

I personally do not know the answer as none of us here are lawyers. Your point seems valid that DHS cannot just make whatever regulation they think serves the purpose of the INA statutes. The irony is that the immigration lawyers (who have written blogs etc.) seem to imply that DHS did not go far enough because of fear of lawsuit, and you come along to say the exact opposite : We should sue because DHS did not go far enough!:D

Your point seems reasonable to me.

thankstooptx
03-02-2016, 03:21 PM

"sue DHS?"
This was my exact thought. If it was any other agency (IRS, FCC etc) that misinterpreted the laws, they would have faced a shitstorm how is DHS able to get away with this?

HumHongeKaamyaab
03-02-2016, 03:47 PM
"sue DHS?"
This was my exact thought. If it was any other agency (IRS, FCC etc) that misinterpreted the laws, they would have faced a shitstorm how is DHS able to get away with this?

How is DHS able to get away with this? is the same question as : "How is anyone able to get away with anything?"

Answer - "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. "

Because the people who are correct and 'shareef' decide to stay silent.

Because the one person who is reading this thinks "Mere bolne se kuch nahi hoga..to main chup rahoonga..next comment padh lete hain ab aur phir dinner karenge while watching CNN or Netflix"...rinse and repeat the next day..

Because we as Indians are too 'timid' because our parents taught us (Incorrectly) to stay in the back of the line and don't make a sound..otherwise harm might come to us..to not do any 'leaderi' or 'chaudhrayi'...when this is the EXACT need of this hour..

Because we will buy a $60 shirt from Armani and post pics on Facebook ..but will not donate $60 to IV to support their need for a lobbyist..

Because ..because ...because...you all know the reasons...but you all cannot change those reasons...cos change is too much work yaar...

sengs
03-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Taking a cue from your $60 metaphor, we couldn't even raise our $21K target in February. I guess a lot of folks paid one time in January.

DMX17
03-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Taking a cue from your $60 metaphor, we couldn't even raise our $21K target in February. I guess a lot of folks paid one time in January.

Taking cue from his/her post with filmy dialogues, I was reminded of Nana Patekar or Sunny Deol.

HumHongeKaamyaab
03-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Taking cue from his/her post with filmy dialogues, I was reminded of Nana Patekar or Sunny Deol.

Lol...I stopped short of writing "We need a dhai kilo ka haath to fall on DHS's jaw"...there I did it now.

Seriously though, the issue is because we are so divided and I hope there is never a time where my comments don't sound 'filmy' anymore.

DMX17
03-02-2016, 07:09 PM
Lol...I stopped short of writing "We need a dhai kilo ka haath to fall on DHS's jaw"...there I did it now.

Seriously though, the issue is because we are so divided and I hope there is never a time where my comments don't sound 'filmy' anymore.

Good one. You should also say every month "tarikh pe tarikh" (from movie Damini) when they release VB every month. :D

Here is my filmy dialogue: I hope again that after reading IV comments and comparing with BS comments from the so-called stake holders, more people would see that only immigrants must advocate for their issues and not the damn lawyers or companies. Because if they really cared about giving immigrants their free mobility and fairness in the market, they would have done it by now.

Eadfor I140
03-02-2016, 08:41 PM
If DHS is keeping the labor certification valid - how are are they doing it? IV is saying (and I agree) that the only way to do it is by interpreting the statue through AC-21, which if they are doing then why are they not providing job flexibility?

DHS in breach of fiduciary duty. Good catch.:)

Eadfor I140
03-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Did anyone look at the STEM rule publish

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2016-04828.pdf

DHS take infmation publish from trusted sources when they do rule making.

messengerofgod
03-02-2016, 08:59 PM
If DHS is keeping the labor certification valid - how are are they doing it? IV is saying (and I agree) that the only way to do it is by interpreting the statue through AC-21, which if they are doing then why are they not providing job flexibility?

DHS in breach of fiduciary duty. Good catch.:)

There are so many other inconsistencies in the regulation that IV has pointed out. I strongly recommend everyone read the submission from first page to last page for themselves - it becomes pretty obvious how companies and lawyers have twisted the law to suit their interests.

But you can only twist the law so much before the twists become very obvious or something breaks.

vikastaneja
03-03-2016, 02:36 AM
When I search regulations.gov using the IV's comments tracking number, I am still getting: "This comment was received in Regulations.gov but is not yet posted. Please contact the agency directly for more information."
Looks like their intention is not right... :(

sengs
03-03-2016, 09:21 AM
It usually takes 72hrs. Should be published today.

hil3182
03-03-2016, 12:39 PM
FYI: We sent out a newsletter this morning. If you aren't on the mailing list, I suggest signing up for the newsletter - the link is in my signature.

Dear Friend,

As you know the commenting period for the new regulation ended this Monday. Immigration Voice prepared and submitted a detailed comment opposing this regulation along with suggestions on how to fix the regulation. We would like to thank those of you that participated in our last action item by posting comments supportive of our submission. The document is now available for you to view at this link (http://dropbox.com/s/5uw2skqo2xcw8ld/Immigration_Voice_Comments_for_Proposed_Regulation _Docket_ID_USCIS20150008.pdf?dl=0).

We believe this comment will go a long way towards bringing this regulation closer to the law. We also think that the glaring issues in the regulation that our comment highlights, vividly demonstrates how a deep pocketed syndicate of employers and unethical immigration lawyers have influenced the interpretation of the law - to line their pockets and keep you as their indentured servant.

Last month we fell short in our fundraising goals (http://newsletters.getresponse.com/archive/ivnewsletter/264353305.html) by around 12%. In order to fight against these corrupt interests we need to be disciplined about meeting our fundraising goals - every single month. If you haven’t already, we ask you to please sign up for a recurring contribution here (http://donations.immigrationvoice.org/).

Thank you,
IV Core Team
Immigration Voice

hil3182
03-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Also, happy to see that most people find our submission pretty self-explanatory and there are no unanswered questions.

Limmig
03-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Signed up for a recurring donation.
Thank you for the great work, IV!

longwait4gc
03-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Also, happy to see that most people find our submission pretty self-explanatory and there are no unanswered questions.

Awesome comments.
For my understanding, how does the comment review process work?
Do we know if the same person who wrote/diluted the rule will be reviewing the comments? Will there be a set of people who review and debate on them and send their recommendations.

hil3182
03-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Awesome comments.
For my understanding, how does the comment review process work?
Do we know if the same person who wrote/diluted the rule will be reviewing the comments? Will there be a set of people who review and debate on them and send their recommendations.

My understanding of the comment review process is limited to the initial review.

I do know that lower level people separate out the comments into substantive/non-substantive/positive/negative categories for statistical purposes and further review.

After that, I have no idea what happens to the comments - there are others in IV who know, but I personally do not. I do get your point though - it would be helpful to get that top Immigration Lobbyist from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce out of rule-making process.

d.kiran
03-03-2016, 02:47 PM
it would be helpful to get that top Immigration Lobbyist from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce out of rule-making process.

Anything we can do to help? Apart from the donations, of course.

hil3182
03-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Anything we can do to help? Apart from the donations, of course.

We will be sure to let you know if there is something more that you can do to help us with that particular problem :D.

That said, I know this is going to sound kinda lame, but there is something everyone should have done at-least once and that is to go talk to their Congressman's office about HR.213.

While there might be all sorts of arguments about if HR.213 will move or not move - that kind of talk isn't really relevant. The core issue is educating Congress about our issues. Congressman aren't mind-readers, they cannot know these issues if we don't talk to them about it.

If we don't do it then Immigration Lawyers and Companies will tell them about all the great companies H1-B's have started (which is a complete fucking lie because you typically need a Green Card to this) and use our stories to ask for more H1-B and the backlog will get worse.

The cumulative effect of that education could be HR.213 moving, HR.213 getting included in some other high-skilled bill or HR.213 being added as a sweeter to something else - like say an education bill. The more support it has, the easier it will be for our DC people to push for per-country cap removal - one way or the other.

So if you, or anyone reading this hasn't already spoken to their Rep about HR.213, please please please bite the bullet and just do this. Look at it as unclogging your toilet - just something you have to do. I know it isn't fun or sexy like the E.O., but in the long term it is much more valuable. Ultimately, the EO is just a temporary patch that was supposed to make our lives more tolerable - while waiting for the real thing i.e. Green Cards.

We need to stay focused on the real goal. We have prepared a handy self-contained guide (http://immigrationvoice.org/media/HR213_District_Advocacy_Guide_House_Edition.pdf) on how to do this. Using the techniques outlined in the guide (http://immigrationvoice.org/media/HR213_District_Advocacy_Guide_House_Edition.pdf), we have accumulated 67 co-sponsors - your job is to show-up and say "These are my problemns, so and so from your party/state has already co-sponsored so please co-sponsor".

moon_walker333
03-03-2016, 05:17 PM
IV Leads,

First, thanks and hats off to you guys. You have done another outstanding work in coming up with the technical comments. I am sure every one of us can connect with the stories shared in them.

Question - You guys have already done amazing amount of study and come up with these technical comments, which raises all right questions and exposes DHS/other authorities' misinterpretation of the Immigration Laws of USA. Why not also share this with media outlets to spread the awareness and make this a "compelling" reason for DHS/USCIS to correct this watered down rule???

vikidisi
03-03-2016, 06:58 PM
IV Leads,

First, thanks and hats off to you guys. You have done another outstanding work in coming up with the technical comments. I am sure every one of us can connect with the stories shared in them.

Question - You guys have already done amazing amount of study and come up with these technical comments, which raises all right questions and exposes DHS/other authorities' misinterpretation of the Immigration Laws of USA. Why not also share this with media outlets to spread the awareness and make this a "compelling" reason for DHS/USCIS to correct this watered down rule???

This is in process.

Showri
03-03-2016, 07:54 PM
IV, Thanks for the hard work and excellent comments. Just a couple of questions.
To your knowledge, has it ever happened that in a rule making process, Admin ever made significant changes to the rule (almost 180 degree turn in this case as we expect) based on comments?
And now that comment period is over, are you planning to reveal any thing about the white house meeting at all?

krish2005
03-03-2016, 08:42 PM
Whether Trump does bad or good, the immigration stance he has put up has taken a toll on many minds. I would not have cared much on that but was sad that kids have started to discuss.

My son is just 7 years old and it happened that his class mates are discussing that "if Mr.Trump becomes president, he will send us away for 8 years".

Not sure what context the kids that spoke or what they understood, but its learnt that their parents were discussing and hence the information has seeped over to the kids. Its so sad to note that kids brains get adulterated with such information.

I told my son to keep away from such discussions.

With our own H1B cases are at limbo given these long agonizing wait and unknown future, its possible with these contextual discussions, that he will start asking me about my visa status etc

:confused:

Damn the chains!!

krish2005
03-03-2016, 09:07 PM
What a whip he played!! Man. I salute you for raising your voice for our rights.

I could see one of the players in the stage, laughing out when you spoke out. That is the crazy heights of sarcasm.

EAD for I140 Rule - Public Commenting for 60 Days - Updates (http://www.happyschools.com/ead-for-i-140-proposed-rule-making/)

When Aman asked if there would be an "compelling" circumstance would still be added into the EAD provision as a condition, one of the persons in stage told us to wait for the actual rule to be published, yet it was the same.

I wish they do review IV's comments and do positive changes to the proposed rule.

krish2005
03-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Forgot to mention that in this link I gave below, there is a video in the bottom portion where Aman kapoor's questions in the conference is available.

What a whip he played!! Man. I salute you for raising your voice for our rights.

I could see one of the players in the stage, laughing out when you spoke out. That is the crazy heights of sarcasm.

EAD for I140 Rule - Public Commenting for 60 Days - Updates (http://www.happyschools.com/ead-for-i-140-proposed-rule-making/)

When Aman asked if there would be an "compelling" circumstance would still be added into the EAD provision as a condition, one of the persons in stage told us to wait for the actual rule to be published, yet it was the same.

I wish they do review IV's comments and do positive changes to the proposed rule.

messengerofgod
03-03-2016, 11:38 PM

That fellow telling IV to to wait for the rule and submit comments is Kevin Cummings. I don't know if anyone noticed, but IV's comments are addressed to Kevin Cummings and not Laura Dawkins like all the other comments from the lawyers.

I like to think this is IV's reply to Kevin :D

hil3182
03-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Doesn't look like we raised much yesterday and will miss our target again this month.

Really quite shameful that people won't donate $1/day to support the only people fighting for them.

A re-occurring theme I have found working with IV is, we are going to get the change we deserve - we keep telling ourselves that when we sacrifice time with family and opportunity to make more money to work on IV's agenda. I guess we deserve to be stuck in the backlog with the Chamber of Commerce's of the world shamelessly doing their best to sabotage our efforts.

thankstooptx
03-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Doesn't look like we raised much yesterday and will miss our target again this month.

Really quite shameful that people won't donate $1/day to support the only people fighting for them.

A re-occurring theme I have found working with IV is, we are going to get the change we deserve - we keep telling ourselves that when we sacrifice time with family and opportunity to make more money to work on IV's agenda. I guess we deserve to be stuck in the backlog with the Chamber of Commerce's of the world shamelessly doing their best to sabotage our efforts.

I subscribed for 12 months (S-44335676H8630250U). Can you tell us how you came up with the 21k number? Can you share any expense/spending reports may be that will show people where the money is going and importance of contributing for the cause.

hil3182
03-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Can you tell us how you came up with the 21k number? Can you share any expense/spending reports may be that will show people where the money is going and importance of contributing for the cause.

It is an estimate of how much we need to improve the way we do things - one example is we want to hire a lobbyist (http://newsletters.getresponse.com/archive/ivnewsletter/Time-to-put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is-264353305.html).

In our view, if we keep operating like this the Chamber of Commerce's of this world will keep on sabotaging our efforts. We think, I-140 EAD was a done deal until this Chamber of Commerce lobbyist sabotaged it - we are in damage control mode now.

Also, as an organization, operating on a shoe string is getting old. Not only is it getting old, but as the I-140 EAD fiasco has shown us - it is hurting on on the ground. We are in a mode where a few dedicated volunteers are spending 1000's of dollars out of their own pockets to get things done, while everyone else either sits by passively or bash's us for our efforts. We have been operating in this mode for a few years because we have viewed raising money as being a pain in the ass. Everyone get's suspicious as soon as they donate their $30/month, starts demanding receipts and dealing with that aggravation is a pain in the ass.

Regarding accountability, the IRS reviews our expenses and receipts every year, if you think me or anyone else is going to break the law and risk everything you are completely nuts. Because we pick fights with powerful interests we constantly operate as-if everything is being audited.

You can google on the web and find our tax filings (form 990 IIRC). One thing that stood out to me last I checked, was every single year, $0.00 is spent on salaries.

messengerofgod
03-04-2016, 12:05 PM
I subscribed for 12 months (S-44335676H8630250U). Can you tell us how you came up with the 21k number? Can you share any expense/spending reports may be that will show people where the money is going and importance of contributing for the cause.

When you donate money to your local mandir or masjid, do you go around the place demanding receipts? Why are you holding IV to a different standard and asking IV for receipts?

Not only that, no God is working on digging you out of this mess, like IV is. You mandir or masjid is probably infinitely more corrupt than IV.

There isn't a single non-profit in the world that will meet your standards. They are taking $0.00 a month for all the work they are doing.

thankstooptx
03-04-2016, 12:13 PM
It is an estimate of how much we need to improve the way we do things - one example is we want to hire a lobbyist (http://newsletters.getresponse.com/archive/ivnewsletter/Time-to-put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is-264353305.html).

In our view, if we keep operating like this the Chamber of Commerce's of this world will keep on sabotaging our efforts. In our view, I-140 EAD was a done deal until this Chamber of Commerce lobbyist sabotaged it - we are in damage control mode now.

Also, as an organization, operating on a shoe string is getting old. Not only is it getting old, but as the I-140 EAD fiasco has shown us - it is hurting on on the ground. We are in a mode where a few dedicated volunteers are spending 1000's of dollars out of their own pockets to get things done, while everyone else either sits by passively or bash's us for our efforts. We have been operating in this mode for a few years because we have viewed raising money as being a pain in the ass. Everyone get's suspicious as soon as they donate their $30/month, starts demanding receipts and dealing with that aggravation is a pain in the ass.

Regarding accountability, the IRS reviews our expenses and receipts every year, if you think me or anyone else is going to break the law and risk everything you are completely nuts. Because we pick fights with powerful interests we constantly operate as-if everything is being audited.

You can google on the web and find our tax filings (form 990 IIRC). One thing that stood out to me last I checked, was every single year, $0.00 is spent on salaries.

I apologize if my comment offended you. I was barely asking a question as I was curious to find out where IV was falling short. I am sure you are not spending the money on Blackjack and hookers.

I am a new member (recently active) here and when I try to spread the word to Friends and colleagues this is the first question I am asked and I want to be able give a better response to them.

Again as a new member I was not aware that " few dedicated volunteers are spending 1000's of dollars out of their own pockets" and I appreciate that.

The only way I can get answers to my questions is through you and other senior members in this forum. And I don't think belittling a member who honestly wants to help will not get you very far.

Thanks.

hil3182
03-04-2016, 12:40 PM
I apologize if my comment offended you. I was barely asking a question as I was curious to find out where IV was falling short. I am sure you are not spending the money on Blackjack and hookers.

I am a new member (recently active) here and when I try to spread the word to Friends and colleagues this is the first question I am asked and I want to be able give a better response to them.

Again as a new member I was not aware that " few dedicated volunteers are spending 1000's of dollars out of their own pockets" and I appreciate that.

The only way I can get answers to my questions is through you and other senior members in this forum. And I don't think belittling a member who honestly wants to help will not get you very far.

Thanks.

Ya, you are right - sorry for snapping at you, that was not the intention. Thank you for your subscription.

It's just that these questions get old after a while and I am getting tired of answering them. Asking for money is not a fun experience - infact most of us find it demeaning. Going forward, I think will let other members deal with these questions - I am pretty sure by now, there are enough people who understand this.

thankstooptx
03-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Ya, you are right - sorry for snapping at you, that was not the intention. Thank you for your subscription.

It's just that these questions get old after a while and I am getting tired of answering them. Asking for money is not a fun experience - infact most of us find it demeaning. Going forward, I think will let other members deal with these questions - I am pretty sure by now, there are enough people who understand this.

No problem man, I understand, you probably had to deal with such questions several times. It is just that it took me a few days to convince my wife to set up the subscription. I can only imagine how long it would take me to convince my friends and acquaintances, so I was trying to gather more info to be able to communicate better with them.

No hard feelings. Keep up the good work.

Limmig
03-04-2016, 01:17 PM
No problem man, I understand, you probably had to deal with such questions several times. It is just that it took me a few days to convince my wife to set up the subscription. I can only imagine how long it would take me to convince my friends and acquaintances, so I was trying to gather more info to be able to communicate better with them.

As a spouse who just went ahead and set up a recurring donation on her own (albeit a small one), I don't think that this is an issue that requires persuasion. The backlogs affect families and not just the primary H1B holder. I would think people should be aware of how their lives are affected by changes in policy. If not they should read up on it. If you are moving to a new country you should be aware of its history and how its political system works. There is enough information out there, you just have to be interested in the wider context of your lives. I am quite appalled at how little people know about the role interest groups and lobbyists play in the American policy cycle.

DMX17
03-04-2016, 02:05 PM

I understand what you are saying (not because of the reference to wife in your post ;)).

For example, I was also trying to tell people that they should write comments on the regulation saying that they support IV comments with the reference number. The response I got was why would people say they support IV comment that without reading what's in the comment? You see there was no money involved, just 2 minutes of their time and little faith that IV folks will not say something against their interest because we are the same people stuck in backlog.

My observation is people transition like this: Graduate --> OPT Job (happy for 1-2 years) --> H-1B (happy for 4-5 years, probably married too) --> PERM/I-140 after 6 years of graduation for most --> STUCK (unhappy and waiting for PD to become current, look for another job, laid off?)

While most people are unhappy and stuck doing practically nothing and moving on with their lives, some stuck will also: Waste time on forums --> stay there and become experts on spillover calculation and political discussions and debate between one another on whose number/opinion is right --> they love it so much coz it does not cost money and real effort --> pure entertainment

Occasionally, someone will jump out and join something real like IV. Dear reader - Sign up now for a recurring contribution for yourself!

vikidisi
03-04-2016, 02:14 PM
I have observed now that this is just who we are. Our community is always happy to spend money but only if you get 'instant gratification', a promise of results, a guarantee. And if results are not guaranteed, we consider it as 'waste of money'. Any guesses on how many people will shell out $1K, $2K, $5K even $20K if someone told them they could get green cards overnight? I am sure all of us will. Because you are getting value for your money, you are getting something back.

Meanwhile some immigration lawyer with twisted intentions and no proven record of doing anything to help high skilled immigrants (except for posting a blog here and there), tweets about a fundraiser, and overnight we pool in 35K. Not one person asked him for receipts, for his audited tax returns or how he even came with the number. Why? Because he promised something in return. He made big claims that his lawsuit will get the visa bulletin reversed. Not only did it didn't do anything, but sealed the fate of any meaningful reversal that would have been possible on humane and moral grounds. Yet, I don't see people questioning him on how the money was spent. But with IV a $30/month subscription, and all of a sudden folks want to behave like the IRS.

People forget we are NOT a forum. 99% of the work happens outside of the forum. In DC, in state chapters. Check our Facebook page and look at past posts. Sitting on a forum and using incriminating language on forum posts is not going to get us any co-sponsors. And when we do this work , it costs money. Everything from organizing advocacy days to printing paper that we deliver to every office, takes money. If someone is looking for a 'hisaab', you are not going to get it. We don't have time. Some of us are spending more time on this cause than our full-time jobs and thousands of dollars on this. Because we are passionate about the cause. Because we know this is right. We spend our energy to make some meaningful reform happen. Like hil said, all our tax returns are available publicly and all our lobbying spend is as well.

The immigration lawyer groups know about our fascination with forums. They want us to stay on the forums and want to drop a nugget here and there and show us how they are going to rescue. In the meanwhile they are the ones that are screwing us. But we just refuse to see it. Not one question to the so called savior that is shitting all over Twitter about how immigration lawyers have come to defend high skilled immigrants, about what has he done apart from submitting a comment and kissing AILAs ass. Not one question about why his bosses at AILA and the 3K+ immigration lawyers submitted comments talking about nothing but the 90 day adjudication regulation.

I concur with hil that it sometimes gets demeaning to ask for money. And it gets tiring to answer questions. We have talked about this over and over, in every public call, Facebook posts and forum posts. When it comes to results, this is political advocacy. Its a marathon, not a sprint. And when you walk the halls of Congress, and knock on doors to talk about rights for high skilled immigrants, there is only one name in town, Immigration Voice. We encourage you to join us in our next advocacy day to see all this for yourself. Most people that join us report that they have had a life changing experience. If your friends and acquaintances need convincing, just ask them to join a state chapter or join an advocacy day.

tspiv
03-04-2016, 03:49 PM
After reading the entire IV comment, I feel if we can somehow get DHS in court, they can be trashed based on their current interpretation of the law. Maybe I'm paranoid here, but, could this be the reason people with the twisted intentions jumped to pick the lawsuit for visa bulletin? so that they can make sure nothing else comes-up during that lawsuit?

testman
03-04-2016, 10:02 PM
I have observed now that this is just who we are. Our community is always happy to spend money but only if you get 'instant gratification', a promise of results, a guarantee. And if results are not guaranteed, we consider it as 'waste of money'. Any guesses on how many people will shell out $1K, $2K, $5K even $20K if someone told them they could get green cards overnight? I am sure all of us will. Because you are getting value for your money, you are getting something back.

Meanwhile some immigration lawyer with twisted intentions and no proven record of doing anything to help high skilled immigrants (except for posting a blog here and there), tweets about a fundraiser, and overnight we pool in 35K. Not one person asked him for receipts, for his audited tax returns or how he even came with the number. Why? Because he promised something in return. He made big claims that his lawsuit will get the visa bulletin reversed. Not only did it didn't do anything, but sealed the fate of any meaningful reversal that would have been possible on humane and moral grounds. Yet, I don't see people questioning him on how the money was spent. But with IV a $30/month subscription, and all of a sudden folks want to behave like the IRS.

People forget we are NOT a forum. 99% of the work happens outside of the forum. In DC, in state chapters. Check our Facebook page and look at past posts. Sitting on a forum and using incriminating language on forum posts is not going to get us any co-sponsors. And when we do this work , it costs money. Everything from organizing advocacy days to printing paper that we deliver to every office, takes money. If someone is looking for a 'hisaab', you are not going to get it. We don't have time. Some of us are spending more time on this cause than our full-time jobs and thousands of dollars on this. Because we are passionate about the cause. Because we know this is right. We spend our energy to make some meaningful reform happen. Like hil said, all our tax returns are available publicly and all our lobbying spend is as well.

The immigration lawyer groups know about our fascination with forums. They want us to stay on the forums and want to drop a nugget here and there and show us how they are going to rescue. In the meanwhile they are the ones that are screwing us. But we just refuse to see it. Not one question to the so called savior that is shitting all over Twitter about how immigration lawyers have come to defend high skilled immigrants, about what has he done apart from submitting a comment and kissing AILAs ass. Not one question about why his bosses at AILA and the 3K+ immigration lawyers submitted comments talking about nothing but the 90 day adjudication regulation.

I concur with hil that it sometimes gets demeaning to ask for money. And it gets tiring to answer questions. We have talked about this over and over, in every public call, Facebook posts and forum posts. When it comes to results, this is political advocacy. Its a marathon, not a sprint. And when you walk the halls of Congress, and knock on doors to talk about rights for high skilled immigrants, there is only one name in town, Immigration Voice. We encourage you to join us in our next advocacy day to see all this for yourself. Most people that join us report that they have had a life changing experience. If your friends and acquaintances need convincing, just ask them to join a state chapter or join an advocacy day.

Very true! Couldn't have said it better myself.

I wish we were more vigilant.

shyamps
03-04-2016, 10:10 PM

Well said, vikidisi. Its sad that our "high skilled" immigrant community with their "high skilled brains" don't understand the magnitude and scope of the problem they are up against. The reason they are stuck in this backlog is because cartels of immigration lawyers, army of lobbyists, thousands of business interests with unimaginable amount of deep pockets & not to mention the entire twisted media who are paid to write stories are lobbying washington DC everyday, day in and day out to preserve the immigration system as it stands today to favor themselves. There is a reason why things are the way they are. Only when the entire high skilled immigrant community set aside their narrow minded thinking, raise up, understand whats going on and participate actively in lobbying the Federal government to bring change will it be possible for any change to happen. The government is always going to think why should we do anything if immigrants are not asking for anything? Looks like the immigrants are happy and never showing up at washington DC. They don't need any solution to their backlog problem, after all its not an important issue for them, so its not important for us. They will just say that and move on to other issues. But, there is a reason why a grass roots movement like IV is very important to help in bringing out immigrant hardships in a coherent, organized and consolidated way before the Federal Government, so that it gets a glaring attention compared to other Federal issues. The Sooner that the high skilled immigrants understand that & start participating in IV activities, the better for everyone of them.

GC2022
03-05-2016, 02:42 AM
I have been on some face book forums lately where i have seen people arguing about Why people shoudnt donate to IV because IV has not delivered. I am offended man. Pained. I donot know who the hell these people are, i dont know if they are just naive or sinister.

I have come to this conclusion - Some of us donot deserve IV. No matter what we do, no matter how much we try - we cannot convince everyone.

But with that said - I still do believe the following.

IV should spend some money on Advertising. I really feel many people in our community have never heard of us. Isnt that crazy ?

Greenleaf
03-07-2016, 05:40 AM
Hello IV

Unfortunately, I missed to the call on 3/13. Is there any possibility of getting a recording of the same or pointers?

Thanks much for all the help
GL

hil3182
03-07-2016, 06:31 PM
Here (https://www.uschamber.com/sites/default/files/documents/files/ac21_comment_final_2-29-2016.pdf) are the comments from our dear friends at the U.S. Chamber of commerce. Not a word about I-140 EAD, not even lip service.

prasadjoglekar
03-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Forget lip service; it's pretty clear they're very pleased with what their former employee did.

"Agency continuity with respect to the processing of these (these = H1 cases in GC queue) cases allows our members to approach these employment decisions in the same way
that they currently do, limiting any potential for the new rule to cause workplace disruptions (i.e. people changing jobs)"

No shit.

DMX17
03-07-2016, 07:08 PM
And the Chamber will "Prevent harmful legislation to the H-1B program from gaining traction in Congress."

https://www.uschamber.com/sites/default/files/2016_policy_priorities-final.pdf

Everyone, except the backlogged immigrants, love the status quo as the Chamber said in their submission to the "retention" rule.

While Americans are fooled by statistics.

stuckinline
03-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Very sad to see the donation's so low. How are we going to fight the lobbyists if everyone is not paying their fair share?

If we want to work in this system, we need to "play the game", and if we are not playing to win, we are all wasting our time on this forum.

If you reading this and not a contributor, please do your part and donate at donations.immigrationvoice.org.

As they said on the call, hiring a lobbyist is a long term commitment and we will only get the value we pay for.

If you are currently subscribing $30/month, please consider increasing it to $60/month - it is your future you are investing in! I am currently donating $100/month. We need to give IV the tools they need to fight for us.

Our community is one of the richest and most educated in USA, it is shameful that IV has to even ask for money.

GC2022
03-07-2016, 08:32 PM
TO be fair, I think most of th donations are coming in towards the end of the month, I think.
Thats when the request for fundraising was sent out in jan and i signed up for a 100 /month SO i think it will hit later in the month.

messengerofgod
03-07-2016, 11:00 PM
TO be fair, I think most of th donations are coming in towards the end of the month, I think.
Thats when the request for fundraising was sent out in jan and i signed up for a 100 /month SO i think it will hit later in the month.

If the donations are distributed evenly, every month 1/12th of the donations will come up for renewal and there will be cases where people change/lose credit cards etc.

In that light, if people continue to live in apathy and assume that someone else is going to donate or it will pick up at the end of the month, last month's 12% deficit could easily turn into a 24% deficit this month.

I just want to get this nightmare over, IV has a strategy for this, let us not hold them back because of a lack of funds. If our community cannot raise this money every month - maybe we deserve to stay in backlog.

That is why I think it is important to remind people to pay their share. Even if IV goes a little over their target - is it such a bad thing? If anyone has any doubt's about IV's intentions or capabilities, they should read IV's AC-21 submission and compare it to any one else's.

I completely agree with the below:

Very sad to see the donation's so low. How are we going to fight the lobbyists if everyone is not paying their fair share?

If we want to work in this system, we need to "play the game", and if we are not playing to win, we are all wasting our time on this forum.

If you reading this and not a contributor, please do your part and donate at donations.immigrationvoice.org.

As they said on the call, hiring a lobbyist is a long term commitment and we will only get the value we pay for.

If you are currently subscribing $30/month, please consider increasing it to $60/month - it is your future you are investing in! I am currently donating $100/month. We need to give IV the tools they need to fight for us.

Our community is one of the richest and most educated in USA, it is shameful that IV has to even ask for money.

Aemon.Targ
04-29-2016, 05:24 AM
And Congress won't act in our favor if we won't lobby. So for lobbying we need money, by looking at the IV donation jar it clearly shows how much these backlogged immigrants are willing to spend few dollars for everyone's cause. With this attitude you will achieve nothing.

Just take a look at other anti-immigration organization's donations and compare it with IV's, you will get the clear picture.

tspiv
05-01-2016, 01:37 PM
I had a thought to highlight the plight of legal immigrants vs illegal immigrants. I'm not sure this could even work, but still wanted to throw this out there.

I know legal immigrants who have no plans to travel outside US, because of worry of getting stuck outside with the visa interview /rfe. And, if they want to apply for DACA/DAPA they cannot, because to be eligible, you should not have had legal status on Nov, 2014 (please correct me if this understanding is incorrect).

So, can Immigration Voice try join (hostage) the ongoing case (supreme court maybe late I guess), when the DAPA/DACA goes back to state courts again? (Or, somehow, after taking legal advice) "Asking legal immigrants who wants to get onboard on DACA/DAPA boat should be allowed to do so?" Again, I'm not certain how the legal/judiciary works, but if this is possible, it could help few of the legal immigrants who want to take this path. It could also get viral on the media, and shed some light into the practices of USCIS.

Limmig
05-03-2016, 12:31 PM
An article from Sf Chronicle on the H1B. To me the main takeaway is that it is clearly an exploitative system and any demand for an increase in H1B visas should not be supported- in line with IV's stand on this.
Chasing dreams and dollars: India and the H-1B visa - San Francisco Chronicle (http://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Chasing-dreams-and-dollars-India-and-the-H-1B-7382822.php?t=2af45939e75fb6a0b4&cmpid=email-premium)

messengerofgod
05-03-2016, 09:41 PM
An article from Sf Chronicle on the H1B. To me the main takeaway is that it is clearly an exploitative system and any demand for an increase in H1B visas should not be supported- in line with IV's stand on this.
Chasing dreams and dollars: India and the H-1B visa - San Francisco Chronicle (http://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Chasing-dreams-and-dollars-India-and-the-H-1B-7382822.php?t=2af45939e75fb6a0b4&cmpid=email-premium)

Great article!

I think IV 's position is no more H1 without more green cards and rights for H1-B - which we all agree with.

Eadfor I140
05-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Even their is huge artificial backlog for Green Card , woo for H1 is continue. More H1 are in line to get exploited .

Is their way out of this Exploitation by some one whom we all trust ?

tspiv
05-06-2016, 07:05 PM
I think, trying to have an opinion on -- allowing or disallowing -- new H1-Visas is not a strategy that is worth for anyone presently in the GC backlog. It makes no difference to the existing folks already in the backlog.

Also, when trying to explain our situation, and bringing H1-Visa quota into the mix just complicates the whole picture...and divert attention from all other tons of valid arguments that we presently have.

vikastaneja
05-06-2016, 08:54 PM
I think, trying to have an opinion on -- allowing or disallowing -- new H1-Visas is not a strategy that is worth for anyone presently in the GC backlog. It makes no difference to the existing folks already in the backlog.

Also, when trying to explain our situation, and bringing H1-Visa quota into the mix just complicates the whole picture...and divert attention from all other tons of valid arguments that we presently have.

I have lost hope in the immigration system here. Even I140EAD is not going to help as my daughter will be aging out for sure.

I will have to find out alternatives like immigrating out from this country to a country where there are fair immigration system... :mad: :mad: :mad:

shv
05-07-2016, 05:28 AM
Looks like the Final rule would be submitted this Month:-
View Rule (http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201604&RIN=1615-AC05)

penguin80
05-07-2016, 04:28 PM
It seems we will soon hear more about the final rule. The below agenda link shows that final rule date to be in May 2016

Final Rule 05/00/2016

View Rule (http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201604&RIN=1615-AC05)

penguin80
05-07-2016, 04:31 PM
It seems we will soon hear more about the final rule. The below agenda link shows that final rule date to be in May 2016

Final Rule 05/00/2016

penguin80
05-07-2016, 04:34 PM

Final Rule 05/00/2016

Aemon.Targ
05-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Sleazy Siskind is talking about another lawsuit for latest VB dates retrogression, it looks like there is no light at the end of the tunnel unless and until his cheerleaders and followers doesn't realize the truth.

I am so ashamed of called high skilled when I see his followers talking bull shit about the immigration and the current system. They need to know that AILA will NEVER fix the issues.

foia
05-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Sleazy Siskind is talking about another lawsuit for latest VB dates retrogression, it looks like there is no light at the end of the tunnel unless and until his cheerleaders and followers doesn't realize the truth.

I am so ashamed of called high skilled when I see his followers talking bull shit about the immigration and the current system. They need to know that AILA will NEVER fix the issues.

After this recent VB retrogression, I am completely hopeless. Seeking alternate options already after 8 years wait even to file AOS.

avsnprasad
05-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Hope is a good thing. But I think we don't have any hope Now....And I personally don't see any plan to plan anythings Here keeping the hope that something is going to happen someday \ some years ... :) .I don't see any point in trying to fight a loosing battle. IV thanks for the hard fought battle with the administration with numerous amount of hardships. Appreciate what you guys have done till now.

RandomizedPrecision
05-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Hope is a good thing. But I think we don't have any hope Now....And I personally don't see any plan to plan anythings Here keeping the hope that something is going to happen someday \ some years ... :) .I don't see any point in trying to fight a loosing battle. IV thanks for the hard fought battle with the administration with numerous amount of hardships. Appreciate what you guys have done till now.
Ah well - No hope eh? When are you packing up and leaving? That way it will be good for the rest who are willing to slog it out.

Thousands stay put in line in EB2 and EB3 backlogs, complain that they have no hope but strangely not many leave or relinquish their place in line. Coz if they did, India would not be the worst backlogged country!

Do us all a favor and stop sobbing especially if u have nothing constructive to offer.

stuckinline
05-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Ah well - No hope eh? When are you packing up and leaving? That way it will be good for the rest who are willing to slog it out.

Thousands stay put in line in EB2 and EB3 backlogs, complain that they have no hope but strangely not many leave or relinquish their place in line. Coz if they did, India would not be the worst backlogged country!

Do us all a favor and stop sobbing especially if u have nothing constructive to offer.

rotfl that is so true.

avsnprasad
05-10-2016, 03:34 PM
Can you please explain what have you personally got to offer in a constructive way.Even if you have got something its that you have tried different ways and had the experience of the trial and error. I have never said that I am leaving nor am I sobbing.

IF THERE IS SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE THAT YOU ARE EXPECTING FROM ME THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW. IF POSSIBLE I WOULD DO THAT. IN THE LAST FOUR MONTHS THAT I HAVE TRIED TO UNDERSTAND THE WAY THINGS WORK WITH IV AND THE FORUM HERE APART FROM POSTING COMMENTS ON THE I140-EAD THERE IS NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE THAT HAS BEEN DONE. WE NEED LOT MORE MATURE PERSONS TO MANAGE IV AND TO PLAN THINGS IN A CONSTRUCTIVE WAY. PLEASE STOP YOUR IDIOTIC RANT AND IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE THEN LET US KNOW......

messengerofgod
05-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Can you please explain what have you personally got to offer in a constructive way.Even if you have got something its that you have tried different ways and had the experience of the trial and error. I have never said that I am leaving nor am I sobbing.

IF THERE IS SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE THAT YOU ARE EXPECTING FROM ME THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW. IF POSSIBLE I WOULD DO THAT. IN THE LAST FOUR MONTHS THAT I HAVE TRIED TO UNDERSTAND THE WAY THINGS WORK WITH IV AND THE FORUM HERE APART FROM POSTING COMMENTS ON THE I140-EAD THERE IS NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE THAT HAS BEEN DONE. WE NEED LOT MORE MATURE PERSONS TO MANAGE IV AND TO PLAN THINGS IN A CONSTRUCTIVE WAY. PLEASE STOP YOUR IDIOTIC RANT AND IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE THEN LET US KNOW......

Yelling on forums does nothing for anyone.

If you want to help, go talk to your Congressman about our issues. You can (and should) use HR.213 as a vehicle for getting our concerns heard. That is the only thing we can do here. Some time ago, IV published a detailed guide on how to do this - I suggest you go through it and do your part instead of screaming on forums. http://immigrationvoice.org/media/HR213_District_Advocacy_Guide_House_Edition.pdf

I don't think IV needs peoples help to push for the EO. Ultimately we need Congress to act and Congress will not act if we don't communicate our concerns to them.

Eadfor I140
05-14-2016, 02:00 PM
USCIS hosts a teleconference on Friday, June 3, from 2 to 3 p.m. (Eastern) with USCIS Director León Rodríguez. Director

Is anyone joining call for Employment-Based Immigration Reform?

Did anyone notice that "Modernization of Employment-Based Immigration System" I-140 EAD Reform final rule making date is showing as 05 / 0 / 2016.

messengerofgod
05-15-2016, 08:48 AM
one of the things that bugs me is how these fucking immigration lawyers who have rigged the system against us are blaming USCIS for this mess. Look at this tweet by Siskind (https://twitter.com/gsiskind/status/735165246030110720)

Unbelievable. If it isn't obvious to everyone now, let me restate it - as IV said the regulation was written in DHS General Council office - where the Chamber of Commerce Lobbyist got the job at the exact same time they were writing our regulation.

Blaming USCIS for this is like blaming the postman for bringing you a rejection letter. The fault lies with the person writing the regulation - not the messenger.

thankstooptx
05-15-2016, 11:34 AM
one of the things that bugs me is how these fucking immigration lawyers who have rigged the system against us are blaming USCIS for this mess. Look at this tweet by Siskind (https://twitter.com/gsiskind/status/735165246030110720)

Unbelievable. If it isn't obvious to everyone now, let me restate it - as IV said the regulation was written in DHS General Council office - where the Chamber of Commerce Lobbyist got the job at the exact same time they were writing our regulation.

Blaming USCIS for this is like blaming the postman for bringing you a rejection letter. The fault lies with the person writing the regulation - not the messenger.

I came across this term yesterday called "Regulatory Capture (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture)", USCIS/DHS should be on this list for sabotaging the I140-EAD rule.

messengerofgod
05-15-2016, 12:58 PM
USCIS and DHS are no angels, but in 2007 they let everyone file for Adjustment of Status. This tells me that they are just following the agenda set by political appointees - like Amy Nice.

The real villains are Amy Nice, Chamber of Commerce, AILA and people like Greg Siskind. DHS/USCIS are just convenient whipping boys.

Why is Greg blaming USCIS/DHS and conveniently ignoring his fellow immigration lawyer and friend Amy Nice - who WROTE THE REGULATION?

stuckinline
06-30-2016, 11:10 AM
CIS Ombudsman report is out (https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISOMB%20Annual%20Report%202016.pdf) and they have made the exact same point you made in your "Technical comments" for I-140 EAD.

On Page 50 of CIS Ombudsman report, they cite the exact same case law that you mentioned in your comments - Patel v. USCIS, Kurapati v. USCIS and Mantena v. Johnson. They very well could have lifted this section of the report straight from your comments.

Not only that - but they make the exact same point that you made in your submission:
AC21 included clear Congressional intent to provide certain qualified employees greater employment mobility while awaiting the completion of the permanent residence process. USCIS must reconsider its position on I-140 employee standing and make a corresponding regulatory change, fully aligning its policy to the letter and spirit of AC21.

Of all the regulatory submissions (even those from Lawyers and Lawyers Groups) - you were the only ones who could actually articulate the legal framework for I-140 EAD.

It is encouraging to see CIS Ombudsman making the very similar legal arguments as you made in your comments. It gives me confidence your legal arguments aren't just convincing, but they are correct!

RandomizedPrecision
06-30-2016, 01:52 PM
What an incredible report! Hits on everything that IV has been talking about. If USCIS doesn't fix the rule, this is our legal standing to sue these ma'fuhkers

I don't see how they go about issuing a rule now without making the changes that we and this report are asking for. Gotta keep the pressure on them until this becomes a reality. Keep donating, advocating and whatever u can do.

Also, watch how many of these AILA assholes, FWD.is etc. talk about this part.... My guess is ZERO.

CIS Ombudsman report is out (https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISOMB%20Annual%20Report%202016.pdf) and they have made the exact same point you made in your "Technical comments" for I-140 EAD.

On Page 50 of CIS Ombudsman report, they cite the exact same case law that you mentioned in your comments - Patel v. USCIS, Kurapati v. USCIS and Mantena v. Johnson. They very well could have lifted this section of the report straight from your comments.

Not only that - but they make the exact same point that you made in your submission:

Of all the regulatory submissions (even those from Lawyers and Lawyers Groups) - you were the only ones who could actually articulate the legal framework for I-140 EAD.

It is encouraging to see CIS Ombudsman making the very similar legal arguments as you made in your comments. It gives me confidence your legal arguments aren't just convincing, but they are correct!

bpk
06-30-2016, 03:53 PM
Any idea on when the rule is supposed get published?

tspiv
06-30-2016, 08:26 PM
I read the OMB annual report. This should be such a proud moment for all the volunteers who worked behind the scene -- for drafting the IV's comment -- to the proposed rule. Your arguments were totally inline with the expectations of an independent US authority who understands the complexities of the immigration system. Though it does not mean USCIS will act accordingly, it definitely proves IV is in right direction.

I remember the days, when you guys were working on the technical comment, and many of us were impatient and complaining on why there is no updates from IV. :)