PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Email blast to your friends

GC2022
01-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Here is an easy way to help raise funds for the cause.

Here is an email i drafted that you can use as well.

"Dear xxxxx,
As you know for the last couple of months there have been discussions around immigration reform and there has been a lot of talk about getting portable work authorization for people stuck in long backlogs. Well, guess what ? the regulation has come out and it is not going to change anything for us. It appears the regulation was written by the employer community so that people on an H1b visa will remain on it forever.

Here is some background to the regulation and the issues with this particular proposed rule. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wko640hmdcmiabg/CommentsForRegulationUSCIS20150008.pdf?dl=0

How can you help ?

Immigration voice is an advocacy group which is run by the high skilled immigrant community, and have been doing so for 10 years now. See the following for the work they have done so far.
ImmigrationVoice.org - Immigration Voice Time Line (http://timeline.immigrationvoice.org/)

It is time for us to act and put an end to this nonsense. otherwise we will all be stuck in this situation for another decade. If you have kids you are in deeper trouble. With Kids aging out it is close to impossible to live in this country as a family. So is the case with people who want to start companies or want to change jobs.

For IV to effectively help advocate for our rights, we all need to pitch in money so we can hire lobbyists and get rules passed which will help us out of this situation.

Please consider contributing $20 a month so we can live our lives freely. donations.ImmigrationVoice.org - also, please let your friends know about this, If we donot act now, we will be having a very similar conversation again in 10 years.

S

Full disclosure - I am not an core member of IV and have never worked with any of them, i have recently found out about IV , I did try to contact ****** about his weak ass fund raising picthes on twitter but thats about it in regards to my involvement with IV.

GC2022
01-12-2016, 11:14 AM
You can Blast the above email to all of your friends in one shot with personalized names. It takes a minute to setup - see below

See here for mail merge

(https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mail-merge-with-attachmen/nifmcbjailaccmombpjjpijjbfoicppp)

GC2022
01-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Its about time. IV should send out an email to all its members soliciting donations.

6k ? this month ? is this a joke.

I demand that i get an email asking for donations today. i also want to see a post on facebook and twitter. I also want the video where aman talks in the USCIS ombudsman to be included in the email and the post.

puneet2k5
01-12-2016, 02:37 PM
I pitched in my share of 100$ a month for 12 months. I am very disappointed that so little contributions to the cause which has significant emotional and financial impact on us.

RandomizedPrecision
01-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Its about time. IV should send out an email to all its members soliciting donations.

I demand that i get an email asking for donations today. i also want to see a post on facebook and twitter. I also want the video where aman talks in the USCIS ombudsman to be included in the email and the post.
Yeah! Disappointing indeed!

I'm not on Facebook but if anyone is, I think the Facebook page sees more traffic than this Website and the Forums. So if might be worthwhile to post the fundraising goal there as well.

nvedia
01-16-2016, 08:34 PM

facebook page is there now -

https://www.facebook.com/notes/immigration-voice/time-to-put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is/1066265000106390