PDA

View Full Version : Action Item: Monthly goal for Jan 2016

Pages : [1] 2

pappu
01-12-2016, 08:15 AM
Dear Members,

As we discussed in our public conference call last week, we need funds to hire lobbyist carry out more aggressive lobbying along with our grassroots efforts.

We need your help in reaching our goals. Please sign up for monthly contributions if you have not done it already and encourage others do the same.

We now have a graph showing our monthly goal and current status via donations.ImmigrationVoice.org (http://donations.ImmigrationVoice.org) or by clicking here (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/community_donations.php).

pappu
01-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Dear Friends,

You may already be aware that DHS has released the much awaited “EAD for I140 regulation”. On November 20, 2014, President Obama’s Executive Action on Immigration announced this fix as “Portable Work Authorization”. But the name of this proposed regulation is now “Retention of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting Highly-Skilled Nonimmigrant Workers”. This just sums up that the focus and purpose of this fix has shifted from “Portable Work Authorization” to “Retention of EB immigrants”.

We believe that immigration status is not an “employee retention tool”. It’s an outrage for anyone to suggest that immigration status be allowed as “employee retention tool”.

There is a special interest (of immigration lawyers and companies) that lobby to keep the status quo to make sure that immigrant employees cannot change jobs, so companies can control & exploit immigrant workers, and, discriminate against Americans. This is the dirty truth about skilled immigration that we know all too well living in the trenches.

Although fix for Employment Based backlogs has to come from Congress, Obama Administration recognized the severity of the issue in 2014 and agreed to do Administrative fixes to grant “Portable Work Authorization” and “Temporary status permission to travel abroad with advance permission (parole)”. However, this proposed regulation has not lived up to its promise. If this proposed regulation is not fixed before the final rule comes out, the system will choke our future and the future of our families.

This proposed regulation formalizes some existing procedures like keeping your priority date when changing employers - while watering down the primary “I-140 EAD” provision to the point where only handful of people with “compelling circumstances” can avail of it. With our recent discussions with the Administration, we think that there might be a way to fix this god damn awful proposed regulation.

But we need your help to fix this proposed regulation. We need you to please step up to do your share so we all would be deserving of a change we aspire for. Going forward Immigration Voice is planning on actively engaging a lobbyist to help us create awareness.

We need your help with:

Be ready to speak up against this proposed regulation to demand certain fair changes so the final regulation reflects “Portable Work Authorization” and “temporary status permission to travel abroad with advance permission (parole)”. In coming days we will provide suggestions for comments to the proposed regulation.
Contribute to the community effort so we can hire a professional lobbyist. For this, we estimate a budget of twenty-one thousand dollars a month ($21,000/month). Our live donations tracker (http://ImmigrationVoice.org/forum/community_donations.php) now reflects how close we are to our monthly goal. We ask you to start a recurring monthly donation (http://ImmigrationVoice.org/forum/community_donations.php) to help us in this fight.

There is only one way to fix this issue, by actively engaging to create awareness for the fix. Rest assured, no system can fix by itself unless people undergoing certain unfair treatment decide to speak up and do their fair share. Also, rest assured that special interest (of immigration lawyers and companies) will do everything to deny you the right to live free. And it is upon us to join hands and speak up in one voice to create awareness against this injustice to demand fairness.

Thank You!
Immigration Voice

bracelet80
01-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Thanks.

So what is outcome of the meeting with WhiteHouse ? Can we expect any change in current text of the rule ?

d.kiran
01-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Would it be possible to change the landing page to be friendly to a newbie?

I am trying to print flyers and put it in different places and want to direct them to the website.

But for someone who lands on the website, it doesn't explain anything much and we all know how much handholding most folks need.

vat69
01-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Enrolled in recurring payments for 1 year. Transaction ID : 1B121403XD2361833.

ragunath
01-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Enrolled in recurring payments for 1 year.

Subscription Number: S-9RA39912BF991164S

palciparum
01-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Immigration Voice is a national non-profit organization (501 (c) (4)) working to alleviate the problems faced by legal high-skilled future Americans in the United States. We petition the legislative and executive branches of the US Federal government to find solutions to high-skilled green card backlogs..

Forward it your friends and family and encourage them to donate to help backlogged Indians get Green Card

Action Item: Monthly goal for Jan 2016 - Immigration Voice (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096661-action-item-monthly-goal-for-jan-2016-a.html)

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/community_donations.php

One can text/tweet/email.

GC2022
01-12-2016, 10:24 AM
I have setup a recurring payment of 100 bucks a month via paypal but i dont think i recieved any number? How so ?

sengs
01-12-2016, 10:27 AM
I have setup a recurring payment of 100 bucks a month via paypal but i dont think i recieved any number? How so ?

Check your receipt email from PayPal. If your transaction has gone through there will be a receipt number.

prasadjoglekar
01-12-2016, 10:32 AM
$25/Month: S-0W717500HN7026725
$60/Month: S-5GA78210TC130203W

DMX17
01-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Thanks IV for being open in asking for contributions for the purpose of renewing lobbyist’s engagement. And thanks to those who are contributing and those we are considering.

I must say the contributions so far look pathetic given the number of people who attend IV calls! If all or most of the 1000+ people from the call would do their share and contribute whatever little they can, we would be in good shape.

Here is an old post which inspired me in early 2015 to start my recurring contribution:

Thank you for your appreciation and understanding my points.

Taking the post further I feel most of us do not really know whom we should blame for the long wait time of greencard. Some of us blame government, some blame lawyers, some companies , some people blame laws, some people other ethinic group for coming in huge number and some narrow minded even talk about blaming visa carryover rule change, some blame some organization etc. While I agree there are big sharks out there like companies that take advantage, lawyers that file slow for employers so that employee stays longer, websites that see a threat if their traffic gets greencard and thus will not be able to make money from advertising when people track cases, businesses that own such websites to sell their products that are fishy and so on.

People fail to understand the real reason for their sorrow and how they can overcome it. IN a capitalist economy where everything is driven by business interest, and democracy allows legal ways of lobbying, lobbying is the only way for us. We do not own multi million industries. But we can certainly have an organization , pool lot of money and spend on lobbying. This is one and only one option left for us. For that we will need constant flow of money because lobbying takes time to show results. Fortunately there is immigrationvoice.org to do that but legal immigrants are not woken up yet to this side of American democracy.

spicy_guy
01-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Thanks IV for being open in asking for contributions for the purpose of renewing lobbyist’s engagement. And thanks to those who are contributing and those we are considering.

I must say the contributions so far look pathetic given the number of people who attend IV calls! If all or most of the 1000+ people from the call would do their share and contribute whatever little they can, we would be in good shape.

Here is an old post which inspired me in early 2015 to start my recurring contribution:

My guess is, the word is not reaching many people. IV forum has become less active/interactive, while is gaining the weight.

We need a other channels to get the word out. Just IV forum is not enough.

GC2022
01-12-2016, 10:58 AM
I do find it. Paypal sends me many emails. hence moved it to spam.

But i got it here.

S-16V87397S8385831M

hil3182
01-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Just signed up for another $30/month [S-1MF23188CA311660J] in addition to my ongoing $100/month [S-39R79170DJ726690J] subscription.

I noticed the donation graphic was pretty cool - it does update in realtime - it picked up my $30 as soon as I refreshed the page after the confirmation was complete.

I view my donation as an oppressive "tax" on me that I have to pay in order to live with myself - because if I don't do everything I can to fight back against this shitty system - I might as well just go home.

Ever since I became active with IV, around 2 years ago, it was clear to me that the companies and lawyers want to keep us as indentured servants for most of what remains of our natural lives. What has changed is it has become obvious to me that if we don't start spending money proactively and intelligently, we are just inviting companies to fuck our initiatives again and again regardless of how hard we work.

During the last call, we spoke about the transportation bill. To recap the conversation, we proposed raising the Employment Based Green Card fee by $1000 and add HR.213 to the transportation bill. This would have raised 1.4 billion in 10 years to pay for the roads and also get HR.213 done. To me and many of the staffers we spoke to about this - it was a no-brainer. The bill is enormously popular - it passed 389-15 in the 112th Congress and it would have raised desperately needed money to pay for transportation - money that the Republican's were desperate for because they don't want to raise taxes. But ultimately, it didn't get done. I am convinced, if we had hired the right lobbying firm with the right relationship at a strategic time, this would have been a done deal.

We are doing all the important ground work at the grass-roots, we are doing our part in raising awareness - everyone knows about us and our issues - but something very specific and obvious is holding us back - we are not spending money.

amit.vasp
01-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Initiated 30$ for 12 month contribution.
Will forward it to my friends as well.

ampz
01-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Dear IV - I would like to do a one time contribution at this time (I will start with a Monthly subscription later on) but the only options that seem to be available at this time via the Contribute link are $600 and $1200. Is there a way you can guide me on how to do a one time contribution via Paypal for any other 3-digit amounts other than $600 or $1200? Thanks.

Total contributions till date - $300

bennyd20
01-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Just initiated my contribution - $30 for 12 months.

S-50896447PW400410U

Thank you for all your efforts.

jaggu bhai
01-12-2016, 12:35 PM
@$30 X 12 months

Transaction ID
6UP492455U996540T

Work together on all fronts :)

javelin768
01-12-2016, 12:50 PM
Done. Signed up for Monthly payments! GO IV!

Funds should be the least of things IV should be worried about and we the community of H1B waiting for GC should make sure of that!

RandomizedPrecision
01-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Thanks.

So what is outcome of the meeting with WhiteHouse ? Can we expect any change in current text of the rule ?
Please keep in mind that IV is made of people just like you and me - so please do your part alongside, get informed and in the process you will get all the answers you seek.

I don't speak for IV but I was on the sidelines for a while expecting others to pick up the slack for me. The events of last year (Visa Bulletin Fiasco and this I-140 EAD rule derailment) shook me out of my slumber.

Shame on us if IV has to work on shoe-string budgets while the same legal immigrant community funds lawyers with thousands of dollars to pursue ridiculous lawsuits against the same agency that we expect to relieve us from this misery of backlogs.

Please DO NOT hold back - I am quite sure that no one reading this forum is poor enough to not be able to part with some recurring donation per month. We've gotta hit the target and the time is now!

Regards,

reeachout
01-12-2016, 01:11 PM
IV, keep marshaling, we back you!

My first post and contribution for you,

Date of sign up: Jan 12, 2016
Subscription Name: Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: reeachout)
Subscription Number: S-9EJ29406T63318108
Item Number: 2016_140
Subscription Terms: $30.00 USD for each month, for 12 installments

BABUG
01-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Here is what you can do

mail your check payable to 'Immigration Voice' to:

Immigration Voice
1177 Branham Lane #321
San Jose, CA 95118
Please do write your Immigration Voice member ID (username) on the check.

Showri
01-12-2016, 03:40 PM
IV Admin,

Thanks for the initiative. I have added another $30 12 monthly payments to the initial $25 payments. I have quick question if you can answer. Is this the action plan that you announced in your facebook post 'as an outcome of this meeting, we are working on detailed plan' or is it different? Why don't you give little more details about the meeting?

d.kiran
01-12-2016, 03:43 PM
No it doesn't. Do you know how much money has been thrown by the companies and traditional lobbyists for more H1-B?

They can't even get a bill introduced in this session of Congress. We have a bill and 53 sponsors.

Advocacy is a nice word for (unpaid) lobbying - and more.

Like lobbyists, we stalk the "lobby's" of Congress and do meetings (I was doing this on Monday) -- but we are more powerful than lobbyists because we can do district meetings, which lobbyists traditionally don't do. As constituent's we have more influence (and respect) than lobbyists. Everyone knows lobbyists have sold their souls to sell something they don't necessarily believe in - but when we go to DC, people realize that we have taken time off work, paid our own way to come down to DC, they respect that and want to hear what we want to say. If someone from (say) Alaska, Montana, the Dakota's flies down to a lobby day - I guarantee you we will get a meeting with all Congressmen and Senators in the state (not just their offices).

We can't donate money though, since it is illegal - everything else is fair game (and we do it).

I am curious, you have mentioned before how lobbyists do not produce results and how you have better contacts.

Now you mention that removal of per-country could have passed with the right lobbying firm.

am convinced, if we had hired the right lobbying firm with the right relationship at a strategic time, this would have been a done deal.

What has changed? I am genuinely curious.

SSBoYXZlIGRvbmF0ZWQgYXMgSSBzdXBwb3J0IElWLCBidXQgan VzdCBjaGVja2luZyB0byBzZWUgaWYgSVYgd2lsbCByZXNvcnQg dG8gQWQgSG9taW5lbSBhcmd1bWVudA

Administrator2
01-12-2016, 04:14 PM
I am curious, you have mentioned before how lobbyists do not produce results and how you have better contacts.

Now you mention that removal of per-country could have passed with the right lobbying firm.

Hiring a lobbyist alone will not fix the problem. in any political debate, the person who tells the best story wins. Lobbyist can help craft the story and open doors for access. But we have to be the once willing to tell our stories and provide human face to the problem.

Just lobbying alone won't work. And the proof is, large companies together would have probably spent over a billion dollars to increase H1 visa numbers, but they have not been able to increase H1B visa.

When Hil said that "lobbyist do not produce result" it was in the context of effectiveness of lobbyist by companies. And it is also true that we have learned a lot in last 10 years and we are pretty effective in terms of getting things moving. Many people don't know this but we talk to the same folks that company lobbyist do. But then of'course, there is more to the process than just making your case. As the process demands, you need to go through the right people too. We did not create this process, that is the way the process is.

In politics, there is no prefect or single right answer to this puzzle. But it is also true that nothing happens by itself (Newton's 1st law of motion). To get things done, we need to try everything. We have hired top lobbying firms, smaller firms, individual lobbyist and we have worked by ourselves and achieved some success to get traction for our fixes. We think that if enough people will work long enough to solve a problem, then ultimately they will find a solution. So timeline in a political process is critical too. It's not that we hire a lobbyist this month and next month there will be a bill passing into law. These things take months, sometimes years. For example, Agriculture lobby is very strong, Agriculture is such an important component in every State. But they have not been able to get Agjobs bill passed for 20 years now. They have made progress in advocating for their issues, but they are far from getting done. All we are saying is, if you don't start to work on your problem today, it will not fix itself. Its your problem, and you have to step up to fix it. You have a choice, you can you can nitpick us to run after greedy immigration lawyers who profit from backlogs. Or, you can stand up to fix the issue that affects you and your family. Because this issue will not get solved by itself (Newton's law of inertia).

vikidisi
01-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Hiring a lobbyist alone will not fix the problem. in any political debate, the person who tells the best story wins. Lobbyist can help craft the story and open doors for access. But we have to be the once willing to tell our stories and provide human face to the problem.

Just lobbying alone won't work. And the proof is, large companies together would have probably spent over a billion dollars to increase H1 visa numbers, but they have not been able to increase H1B visa.

When Hil said that "lobbyist do not produce result" it was in the context of effectiveness of lobbyist by companies. And it is also true that we have learned a lot in last 10 years and we are pretty effective in terms of getting things moving. Many people don't know this but we talk to the same folks that company lobbyist do. But then of'course, there is more to the process than just making your case. As the process demands, you need to go through the right people too. We did not create this process, that is the way the process is.

In politics, there is no prefect or single right answer to this puzzle. But it is also true that nothing happens by itself (Newton's 1st law of motion). To get things done, we need to try everything. We have hired top lobbying firms, smaller firms, individual lobbyist and we have worked by ourselves and achieved some success to get traction for our fixes. We think that if enough people will work long enough to solve a problem, then ultimately they will find a solution. So timeline in a political process is critical too. It's not that we hire a lobbyist this month and next month there will be a bill passing into law. These things take months, sometimes years. For example, Agriculture lobby is very strong, Agriculture is such an important component in every State. But they have not been able to get Agjobs bill passed for 20 years now. They have made progress in advocating for their issues, but they are far from getting done. All we are saying is, if you don't start to work on your problem today, it will not fix itself. Its your problem, and you have to step up to fix it. You have a choice, you can you can nitpick us to run after greedy immigration lawyers who profit from backlogs. Or, you can stand up to fix the issue that affects you and your family. Because this issue will not get solved by itself (Newton's law of inertia).

Wonderfully said Admin.

Now watch the "Keyboard Warriors" slice and dice this and harp on the term " 20 years". We will put them up for display in our newly formed "Hall of Fame" (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096659-the-keyboard-warriors-hall-of-fame-2.html#post3594927)

hil3182
01-12-2016, 04:43 PM

This is the full context of my first quote, I was replying to gccommando:

these advocacy groups and the blah blah which goes with it...doesnt work at washington. The old style paid lobbying campaign works, thats how corporations and interest groups get thier work done..If IV goes down that route.. it will have any success..

No it doesn't. Do you know how much money has been thrown by the companies and traditional lobbyists for more H1-B?

They can't even get a bill introduced in this session of Congress. We have a bill and 53 sponsors.

and I replied again:

Advocacy is a nice word for (unpaid) lobbying - and more.

Like lobbyists, we stalk the "lobby's" of Congress and do meetings (I was doing this on Monday) -- but we are more powerful than lobbyists because we can do district meetings, which lobbyists traditionally don't do. As constituent's we have more influence (and respect) than lobbyists. Everyone knows lobbyists have sold their souls to sell something they don't necessarily believe in - but when we go to DC, people realize that we have taken time off work, paid our own way to come down to DC, they respect that and want to hear what we want to say. If someone from (say) Alaska, Montana, the Dakota's flies down to a lobby day - I guarantee you we will get a meeting with all Congressmen and Senators in the state (not just their offices).

We can't donate money though, since it is illegal - everything else is fair game (and we do it).

I was trying to make two points:

Without a grassroots campaign - raising awareness (if nothing else), an "old style paid lobbying campaign" will not go anywhere - just look at how far the companies have gotten with raising the H1-B cap.
Lobbying and advocacy are essentially the same thing. When you go to your Congressman and ask for something in the district - you tend to be viewed more as an Advocacy group while when you are in DC and you do the same thing, you get viewed more like a lobbyist. The only distinction is money - as advocates (who aren't citizens), there are restrictions on spending money.

I said, it would have been done already. I am not saying that it is impossible without lobbyists, it would just be a lot easier if we spent money.

To me there were three events - in quick succession, that made it obvious we need a lobbyist - the transportation bill, EB-5 and the I-140 EAD regulation.

We pushed very hard to include HR.213 in the transportation bill and EB-5 but it didn't happen. If we had hired lobbyists with the right access, getting per-country into any one of these was eminently doable. Also, if we had a lobbyist on retainer starting early/mid 2014 to shepherd the I-140 EAD regulation through, we could have preempted the watering down of the regulation.

On average, I spend 20 hours a week on IV stuff (lot more in the recent past) - it has consumed my life at home, my hobbies and time spent with friends. Why would I (or any other volunteer), dedicate this time, effort and sacrifice on what has become a ferocious battle - if we aren't going to fix a critical weakness - namely we are not spending money.

The last point I would like to make is, key volunteers in DC are spending 2-3 days a week (yes working days) doing meetings, pushing the EO, HR.213 and following up on other upcoming bills. This is not sustainable, these people are not rich, not getting paid for their time and have family commitments to keep. We need a professional lobbyist to take over some of that load.

We were hoping to get the EO and HR.213 done without going through the "pain in the ass" of an aggressive fundraising campaign - but it has become obvious to us that there is no other way.

PS: The biggest pain in the ass - to me is people questioning my or my friends honesty. We would rather not be raising money and dealing with the toxic environment the money brings, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

RandomizedPrecision
01-12-2016, 05:07 PM
This is the full context of my first quote, I was replying to gccommando:

and I replied again:

I was trying to make two points:

Without a grassroots campaign - raising awareness (if nothing else), an "old style paid lobbying campaign" will not go anywhere - just look at how far the companies have gotten with raising the H1-B cap.
Lobbying and advocacy are essentially the same thing. When you go to your Congressman and ask for something in the district - you tend to be viewed more as an Advocacy group while when you are in DC and you do the same thing, you get viewed more like a lobbyist. The only distinction is money - as advocates (who aren't citizens), there are restrictions on spending money.

I said, it would have been done already. I am not saying that it is impossible without lobbyists, it would just be a lot easier if we spent money.

To me there were three events - in quick succession, that made it obvious we need a lobbyist - the transportation bill, EB-5 and the I-140 EAD regulation.

We pushed very hard to include HR.213 in the transportation bill and EB-5 but it didn't happen. If we had hired lobbyists with the right access, getting per-country into any one of these was eminently doable. Also, if we had a lobbyist on retainer starting early/mid 2014 to shepherd the I-140 EAD regulation through, we could have preempted the watering down of the regulation.

On average, I spend 20 hours a week on IV stuff (lot more in the recent past) - it has consumed my life at home, my hobbies and time spent with friends. Why would I (or any other volunteer), dedicate this time, effort and sacrifice on what has become a ferocious battle - if we aren't going to fix a critical weakness - namely we are not spending money.

The last point I would like to make is, key volunteers in DC are spending 2-3 days a week (yes working days) doing meetings, pushing the EO, HR.213 and following up on other upcoming bills. This is not sustainable, these people are not rich, not getting paid for their time and have family commitments to keep. We need a professional lobbyist to take over some of that load.

We were hoping to get the EO and HR.213 done without going through the "pain in the ass" of an aggressive fundraising campaign - but it has become obvious to us that there is no other way.

PS: The biggest pain in the ass - to me is people questioning my or my friends honesty. We would rather not be raising money and dealing with the toxic environment the money brings, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I don't think there is anything wrong in a volunteer driven organization asking for funds to sustain itself and further its causes. Heck even presidential candidates and congressmen keep asking for funds so that they get elected to higher offices.

What is disappointing is folks following these lilly livered immigration lawyers like Siskind and their ilk blindly. Most legal immigrants are quite good at weighing the pros and cons and figuring out where their interests should align but, for some reason, they let their guard down and trust these morons blindly.

I have been reading their "expert" analysis - every lawyer seems to criticize the I-140 EAD rule. They have to - else they will be lynched by the same people who follow them. So, they definitely CANNOT come out in public supporting it. What they resort instead is to start blunting the message by saying bullshit like..

"The rule is good but could be better"
"We support it but it could be improved"
"It has improved some things, kept some things the same, regressed some other things"

I think all these characterizations are utter rubbish. It is like saying "USCIS you made us bend over and fucked us up but atleast you didn't chop our balls off - so we thank you for that"

I mean, if we don't stand and push for what we REALLY want then we will have generation after generation of unwitting Indians and Chinese stuck in backlogs hemorrhaging their careers and lives perennially.

About time we did everything we could to stop this madness - at the very least let's make our voices heard and it all starts by taking a small step by donating to IV and participating in the process.

vv1979
01-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Subscription Number: S-3LT46350HS609574Y

essell
01-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Dear IV - I would like to do a one time contribution at this time (I will start with a Monthly subscription later on) but the only options that seem to be available at this time via the Contribute link are $600 and $1200. Is there a way you can guide me on how to do a one time contribution via Paypal for any other 3-digit amounts other than $600 or $1200? Thanks.

Total contributions till date - $300
There is a 300 onetime I see ....scroll down/up

jreddy
01-12-2016, 07:11 PM
I did make the donation $30 recurring.
Pls provide the one time donation options for $100 and $200 also. When we ask some of the friends, they can donate easily with the amount they like..
Thanks IV for all your efforts to help all the immigration community!!!

chhablsa
01-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Started $30/month for 12 months

Trx ID for first Installment: 53K94457HA055112E

d.kiran
01-12-2016, 07:57 PM
Thanks Hil and Admin2 for the detailed explanation. That was helpful.

I think everyone here understands that we need to spend money to fight this. I understand that the fundraising part takes some time away from the actual work you're doing and I am certain most people would like to pitch in.

I don't think money should be a problem in the EB community. I believe it is mostly apathy and the feeling that it doesn't affect a lot of people.

I'll continue to work on getting people to donate.

To be honest, $25K per month should be peanuts. That's just 2500 people paying $10/month. Out of a million backlogged people, we can't find 2500 people to pay $10 every month?

Can you add $9/month option? Let us try to address this with volumes. I would have the following options

$9/month,
$19.99/month,
$49.99/month,
$99.99/month and
a free form text box with a minimum of $30 (pre-filled) and no maximum for a one-time donation.

(I sell Cloud subscriptions for a living, there is a reason every single service out there ends with 9 or .99)

Meanwhile, I will see how we can spread the word.

d.kiran
01-12-2016, 08:12 PM
I meant $9.99/month, in case it wasn't obvious.

Administrator2
01-12-2016, 10:04 PM
Thanks Hil and Admin2 for the detailed explanation. That was helpful.

I think everyone here understands that we need to spend money to fight this. I understand that the fundraising part takes some time away from the actual work you're doing and I am certain most people would like to pitch in.

I don't think money should be a problem in the EB community. I believe it is mostly apathy and the feeling that it doesn't affect a lot of people.

I'll continue to work on getting people to donate.

To be honest, $25K per month should be peanuts. That's just 2500 people paying $10/month. Out of a million backlogged people, we can't find 2500 people to pay $10 every month?

Can you add $9/month option? Let us try to address this with volumes. I would have the following options

$9/month,
$19.99/month,
$49.99/month,
$99.99/month and
a free form text box with a minimum of $30 (pre-filled) and no maximum for a one-time donation.

(I sell Cloud subscriptions for a living, there is a reason every single service out there ends with 9 or .99)

Meanwhile, I will see how we can spread the word.

Sorry that you misunderstand. We don't sell any service. And please come back when you get 2500 people willing to give $10/month coz that is not how the real world works. That is just too much theory and very less practical application.

Or how about this, $10 is not much. How about you make a list of all friend who will give you $10/month. Then go back to them the 2nd month to collect that $10. You will know the strength of your friendship. And these will be the people whom you know.

We are sure you are a fine professional of your field. But you are not the first to wave your credentials and experience to advocate this. Sometime back, someone just kept on hammering us for reducing contribution to $5 and then get 100,000 people to contribute $5. Arithmetically may seem right. But as we said before, that is too much non sense theory and too little application of the practical experience.

We value all suggestions. But you got to know that in last 10 years, we have tried a lot of things when you were not here. And our experience tells us that 9 or 0.99 concepts seem right for Cloud market, but they don't seem to apply to this space. We too speak with experience.

BABUG
01-12-2016, 10:13 PM
I meant $9.99/month, in case it wasn't obvious.

You can send 9.99 * 12 around 120 dollars check to
You can mail your check payable to 'Immigration Voice' to:

Immigration Voice
1177 Branham Lane #321
San Jose, CA 95118

Admin/Hil, Correct me if i am wrong.

RandomizedPrecision
01-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Please continue doing whatever you can to get folks to pitch in. I am not an "IV insider" but one clear indicator that I am getting is that we need fewer brainstormed ideas and more action. Let the pros (who have been longer at it than most of us here) do the ideation while we focus on the groundwork of getting the job done.

Comment...Donate...Comment some more and somewhere along the way shame all the slackers into doing their part too!

It is embarrassing that we didn't hit the goal on Day 1 - we're at just 35%.. WTF!!

d.kiran
01-12-2016, 11:06 PM
You can send 9.99 * 12 around 120 dollars check to
You can mail your check payable to 'Immigration Voice' to:

Immigration Voice
1177 Branham Lane #321
San Jose, CA 95118

Admin/Hil, Correct me if i am wrong.
I think looking at my profile the Admin knows that I have contributed more than that in the past and have added even more today. Not sure what your problem is.

It's obvious that IV and I disagree on methods of fund rising, so we'll leave it at that. That does not preclude me from helping out in any other way I can

BABUG
01-12-2016, 11:12 PM
I think looking at my profile the Admin knows that I have contributed more than that in the past and have added even more today. Not sure what your problem is.

It's obvious that IV and I disagree on methods of fund rising, so we'll leave it at that. That does not preclude me from helping out in any other way I can

Dude, I don't have any problem, I passed on the same info earlier to some one else who want to contribute differently than the options provided. Don't get too personal by saying 'YOU'.

RmvGC
01-12-2016, 11:15 PM
Made donation today
Subscription Number: S-93137638F6509813E

Thanks for all you help

Administrator2
01-12-2016, 11:15 PM

You are absolutely right. Just coz we disagree with 1 aspect does not mean we cannot work together. You bring voice of maturity.

Often we see two folks fight with each other on the forum and one of them leave saying bad things about IV even when no one from IV participated in that exchange.

We can disagree on minor things but can still work together for bigger goal in front of us.

BABUG
01-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Dude, I don't have any problem, I passed on the same info earlier to some one else who want to contribute differently than the options provided. Don't get too personal by saying 'YOU'.

You are absolutely right. Just coz we disagree with 1 aspect does not mean we cannot work together. You bring voice of maturity.

Often we see two folks fight with each other on the forum and one of them leave saying bad things about IV even when no one from IV participated in that exchange.

We can disagree on minor things but can still work together for bigger goal in front of us.

Guys, My only point is i don't want any one to say that "I want to contribute 100 $ and i don't have an option", so i posted that option to tell every one that you can contribute to a good cause .

singham
01-12-2016, 11:35 PM
Started $60/month for 12 months

Administrator2
01-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Guys, My only point is i don't want any one to say that "I want to contribute 100 $ and i don't have an option", so i posted that option to tell every one that you can contribute to a good cause .

And you are right too and we agree with you. We need your help to spread that message.

Just coz we agree with someone you were debating does not imply that we don't agree with you. Or as if we are siding with the opponent.

The key to the final solution is maturity of each and every one of us. Only then we will deserving of the change we seek. But the good news is that with your help we are on the right track.

racoon786
01-13-2016, 12:00 AM
Sorry that you misunderstand. We don't sell any service. And please come back when you get 2500 people willing to give $10/month coz that is not how the real world works. That is just too much theory and very less practical application.

Or how about this, $10 is not much. How about you make a list of all friend who will give you $10/month. Then go back to them the 2nd month to collect that $10. You will know the strength of your friendship. And these will be the people whom you know.

We are sure you are a fine professional of your field. But you are not the first to wave your credentials and experience to advocate this. Sometime back, someone just kept on hammering us for reducing contribution to $5 and then get 100,000 people to contribute $5. Arithmetically may seem right. But as we said before, that is too much non sense theory and too little application of the practical experience.

We value all suggestions. But you got to know that in last 10 years, we have tried a lot of things when you were not here. And our experience tells us that 9 or 0.99 concepts seem right for Cloud market, but they don't seem to apply to this space. We too speak with experience.

I was watching the last presidential debate and seen a commercial from NUmbers and these people know how to spread the word and bring in new members at primetime. IV should look into the power of desi channels like Sony, Zee, regional channels etc to reach a wider audience and bring awareness to the entire community of people affected by the green card backlogs. Since we are a non profit organization, maybe the people running those channels can advertise us for free or at some steep discount. Certainly a quick way to increase members and funding for our cause if this can be worked out.

Kups
01-13-2016, 02:51 AM
Here is Paypal payment ID just subscribed for 30$ * 12 months

S-08606445CD843352Y

skrovvidi
01-13-2016, 08:14 AM
Subscription Number: S-1RP536554P695930M
Subscription Terms: $100.00 USD for each month, for 12 installments

ANDANK
01-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Subscription started today!

abhi_2753
01-13-2016, 12:45 PM
Subscription Number: 0BX241766D045242L
Subscription Terms: $60.00 USD for each month, for 12 installments

Showri
01-13-2016, 01:02 PM
Admin,

When can we expect some details about the white house meeting from you? You know a lot of people are waiting to hear something from you about that and I feel revealing some possible details can encourage more people to come forward to fundraising.

messengerofgod
01-13-2016, 01:30 PM
Admin,

When can we expect some details about the white house meeting from you? You know a lot of people are waiting to hear something from you about that and I feel revealing some possible details can encourage more people to come forward to fundraising.

I don't think they can at this time. If you read between the lines of this (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096659-the-keyboard-warriors-hall-of-fame-2.html#post3594884) post:
After seeing the I-140 EAD rule get hijacked by the largest and best funded lobbying group on Capitol Hill - we hope you understand why we cannot communicate what we know and what we are thinking as often and openly as we would like. Please sit tight, don't get distracted by bogus campaigns on twitter, any kind of spamming and please refrain from submitting un-reviewed substantive comments from people you don't know or trust - this is particularly dangerous.

My view is, if IV thinks they have a way to save the rule, the less they talk about it in public the better - or the lobbyists will go and start throwing money there too.

desisteeler
01-13-2016, 03:12 PM
Subscription ID: S-93383706S4003260M
Subscription Term: $100.00 USD for each month, for 12 installments

RandomizedPrecision
01-13-2016, 04:14 PM
Subscription ID: S-93383706S4003260M
Subscription Term: $100.00 USD for each month, for 12 installments
Thank you and everyone else who decided to jump in - I see a lot of new folks create new accounts and voice their support with their contributions. Time for the rest to the do the same too - please pitch in the best you can.

Let's empower Aman & the rest of the team and hopefully we will see some positive results this year. It is anyone's guess what next year will bring with new Presidency and new Congress. The time is NOW!

vicky23
01-13-2016, 04:20 PM
6EH016944M221374F - $30 for 12 months

Xhris
01-13-2016, 05:08 PM
So, will there be a post about the details from the WH discussion ? I guess too many people have already asked about it all the admins seem to ignore it. I guess they at least deserve some kind of response irrespective of whether they donate to IV or not.

eastindia
01-13-2016, 05:21 PM
So, will there be a post about the details from the WH discussion ? I guess too many people have already asked about it all the admins seem to ignore it. I guess they at least deserve some kind of response irrespective of whether they donate to IV or not.

This was your first post---
Questions Clarification and Answers about President's Executive Action on Immigration - Page 13 - Immigration Voice (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096068-questions-clarification-and-answers-about-presidents-executive-action-on-immigration-13.html#post3584953)
You wouldn't get any answer from the IV core team...

You wouldn't get any answer from the IV core team unless you donate $100 :rolleyes:

Xhris
01-13-2016, 05:22 PM
This was your first post---
Questions Clarification and Answers about President's Executive Action on Immigration - Page 13 - Immigration Voice (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3096068-questions-clarification-and-answers-about-presidents-executive-action-on-immigration-13.html#post3584953)
You wouldn't get any answer from the IV core team...

You wouldn't get any answer from the IV core team unless you donate $100 :rolleyes:
So?

RandomizedPrecision
01-13-2016, 06:10 PM
So?
So - Wake up and smell the roses! You can trust that things are happening behind the scenes and keep doing your part or you can stay back as a grumpy impatient scrooge and keep pounding your fists every-time something tends to irk you.

If you really care to get out of the mess then your alternatives are to either listen to those asshat lawyers who will tell you one thing in public but do another behind the scenes or to back an organization that clearly and boldly wants to fight for the same fucking causes that you care for.

Do you have any other options?

ImmigrationDestiny
01-13-2016, 09:04 PM
S-8220617479963482U - $30 for 12 months

smartguy80
01-13-2016, 09:30 PM
Enrolled in recurring payments for 12 months.

ccsreddy
01-14-2016, 08:51 AM
S-4NB19757LJ041104W - $30 for 12 months

racoon786
01-14-2016, 10:49 AM
looks like the bootlickers and immigrant basher spies are in full swing trying to find out what is going on....nothing to report yet to your masters

gcbikari
01-14-2016, 12:02 PM
I know that you would prefer recurring, but I pooled $100 from my friends, is this still the emailid 'donations@immigrationvoice.org' to paypal the monies...

Dear Members,

As we discussed in our public conference call last week, we need funds to hire lobbyist carry out more aggressive lobbying along with our grassroots efforts.

We need your help in reaching our goals. Please sign up for monthly contributions if you have not done it already and encourage others do the same.

We now have a graph showing our monthly goal and current status via donations.ImmigrationVoice.org (http://donations.ImmigrationVoice.org) or by clicking here (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/community_donations.php).

essell
01-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Just a friend of mine pinged me after he started $60/month for 12 months.
Txn Id - 9BR820626D708020V

legalimmi11
01-14-2016, 04:12 PM
Thanks for your efforts. Added subscription for $60 per month. Everybody should come forward and contribute to secure our own future. We all spent money on doctor's fee, Attorney's fee and USICS fee, people should not shy away to contribute to fix the system. Despite being a rich community, there is no reason not to achieve the contribution goals to support IV !!

Subscription ID : S-0J380751U9438053C

makeit
01-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Subscribed 30$ for 12 months
S-9CE9912137273760M

aroranuj
01-14-2016, 06:43 PM
To all those that are reading this thread and still on the fence about donating. This is a critical moment in time to really make an impact. This is the closest we have ever come to getting something substantial from either congress or the administration. We need to make sure that the IV leadership team has all the resources needed to ensure that we get the biggest relief in decades! I know if we get the administrative fixes that were originally shared in June/July, it would change my and my family's life for better, if that stands true for you as well please contribute what you can to help further our cause. No one else is going to stand up for us....

Just subscribed for 12 months! Subscription # S-4EJ889233B1398125

Odyssey_2001
01-15-2016, 12:51 PM
Enrolled into subscription for 12 months.

Subscription number - S-6MF7491498383300T

achyan
01-15-2016, 01:28 PM
Just to add to aroranuj's comment

If it doesn't happen this year don't expect anything for next 8 years until the 2nd term of next president .I am doing this for the very first time .I know if i don't try at least now there is no point

moon_walker333
01-15-2016, 01:54 PM
Signed up for 12 months recurring $60 donation.

People, it is NOW or NEVER.

GCSeeker_1
01-15-2016, 02:20 PM
Did my small part, signed up for 12 months recurring $60 donation. Thanks IV for giving voice to 1.5 folks stuck in the backlog.

shyamps
01-15-2016, 02:26 PM
Just Subscribed for 12 months Txn ID: 21982902UR990700K. Please keep up the hard work and make it happen!!!

longwait4gc
01-15-2016, 04:00 PM
Already contributing for last few months.

Subscribed for another contribution: TXN ID:86670709AR222923E

Go IV.

The Alchemist
01-16-2016, 08:40 PM
Forward/Like/Share/Favorite/Retweet

1) http://newsletters.getresponse.com/archive/ivnewsletter/263718005.html

2) https://www.facebook.com/notes/1066265000106390

3) https://twitter.com/immivoice/status/688529063435091968

sachuin23
01-16-2016, 09:19 PM
Subscription Number: S-63V29478J3166361N

Suresunny
01-17-2016, 11:31 AM
1st time subscription: 60 for 12 months

hil3182
01-17-2016, 12:57 PM
After the lawyers & companies screw us over again and again, some people just never learn: https://twitter.com/sun_nyp/status/688773531908321281

@immivoice I'll donate only if we get any positive outcome on #visagate2015 or #i140eadap through IV advocacy.

Ramalingam
01-17-2016, 01:25 PM
After the lawyers & companies screw us over again and again, some people just never learn: https://twitter.com/sun_nyp/status/688773531908321281

Chance of success is less in Visagate. Even if there is some success by the time judgment comes already filing date could be 2011. Time can tell because of Visa gate lawsuit benefit or damage.Not sure about direction of I140 EAD

Bhishma
01-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Chance of success is less in Visagate. Even if there is some success by the time judgment comes already filing date could be 2011. Time can tell because of Visa gate lawsuit benefit or damage.Not sure about direction of I140 EAD

Thank you for the insight. What is your opinion on global gas prices, global warming and global immigration issues?

amerineni
01-17-2016, 03:12 PM
Hello Guys, I am following your organization from the last teleconference about the I-140 EAD rule. I listened through the entire call and i would appreciate the information you guys are providing and your best intentions to help the legal immigrants. I am thinking on donating money, but I have couple of questions that i could not find answers. So i am posting here to see what you guys have to say...

1) Why are you guys trying to go towards lobbyists approach when we know that we cant spend as much corporate companies can do? Obviously I think they can spend more and beat us.
2) Since I-140 EAD portability is something that White House promised, is there some effort going on to reach out to them and tell them that DHS failed to deliver their promises?
I heard today that white house considers petition if it is signed by more than 100000. If so, can we use that one to reach out to White House about the I-140 EAD rule outcome..

Plz educate me on both of my questions..

Thanks

hil3182
01-17-2016, 03:47 PM
Hello Guys, I am following your organization from the last teleconference about the I-140 EAD rule. I listened through the entire call and i would appreciate the information you guys are providing and your best intentions to help the legal immigrants. I am thinking on donating money, but I have couple of questions that i could not find answers. So i am posting here to see what you guys have to say...

1) Why are you guys trying to go towards lobbyists approach when we know that we cant spend as much corporate companies can do? Obviously I think they can spend more and beat us.
Several reasons, the main one being we are a single issue lobbying group while the other people have larger more complicated agendas.

2) Since I-140 EAD portability is something that White House promised, is there some effort going on to reach out to them and tell them that DHS failed to deliver their promises?

Yep.

I heard today that white house considers petition if it is signed by more than 100000. If so, can we use that one to reach out to White House about the I-140 EAD rule outcome..

Plz educate me on both of my questions..
If a petition can hit 100K signatures in 30 days - and that is a big if, then it will be looked at by a staffer far more junior than the people that we talk to - who will spend an afternoon writing you a polite and useless "fuck off" response. If you don't hit the 100K response - it makes us look weak. Looking at how hard it is to get people to donate $30/month i.e. $1/day to the only organization fighting for them - in my view it is unlikely we will get 100K signatures in 30 days - and even if we do, it will be pointless - a lot of effort for nothing.

I hope your questions are answered and you are educated.

palciparum
01-17-2016, 05:49 PM
Can we ask DHS to raise minimum wage for H1B in this FIX as people are finding it difficult to pay $30 per month!

Showri
01-17-2016, 06:50 PM
Admin,

Thanks for the initiative and I have already enrolled for $55 monthly donations. I have a few questions if you can answer.

Is this the action plan which you announced 'as an outcome of white house meeting' or is there separate action plan as a result of white house meeting?

I assume the white house immigration team that IV met few days ago are the people who have the power to make or change the rules. If IV has already explained the hardship of legal immigrants and how the rule has been watered down to be useless and what is a lobbyist going to do if he can reach only the very same immigration team at white house that IV has met?

Thanks

balukaliannan5
01-17-2016, 08:40 PM
My small contribution to IV .Subscribed for 12 months with $ 30 per month

amerineni
01-17-2016, 10:40 PM
Several reasons, the main one being we are a single issue lobbying group while the other people have larger more complicated agendas.

Yep.

If a petition can hit 100K signatures in 30 days - and that is a big if, then it will be looked at by a staffer far more junior than the people that we talk to - who will spend an afternoon writing you a polite and useless "fuck off" response. If you don't hit the 100K response - it makes us look weak. Looking at how hard it is to get people to donate $30/month i.e. $1/day to the only organization fighting for them - in my view it is unlikely we will get 100K signatures in 30 days - and even if we do, it will be pointless - a lot of effort for nothing.

I have donated 600$ one time donation. Will do more in future as needed. Also i will ask my friends to donate this week. Hoping whatever you guys doing will work out and benefit all of us.

Conf # 7LK00914S4295041U

sandan
01-18-2016, 11:36 AM
Thank you IV for all the efforts, Let's make this happen. All the best every one.

Subscribed for 12 months , Subscription Number: S-2RH42112YS1371240

Green06
01-18-2016, 11:43 AM
Signed up for Monthly donations of $100 for next 12 months though PayPal.

bcherala
01-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Subscripbed for 12 Months with $ 100 donation.

Subscription Number: S-2CR28386GL840993P

Thanks,
Bala

Bhanu Gonaboyina
01-18-2016, 02:17 PM
Subscripbed for 12 Months with $ 30 donation.

Subscription Number: S-7G0502461Y965161D

Thanks,
Bhanu

longwait4gc
01-18-2016, 02:53 PM
Subscripbed for 12 Months with $ 30 donation.

Subscription Number: S-7G0502461Y965161D

Thanks,
Bhanu

Awesome. We are 80% of the goal. Lets take it to the finish line.

ravic1900
01-18-2016, 05:51 PM
Date of sign up:
Jan 18, 2016

Subscription Name:
Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: ravic1900)

Subscription Number:
S-4VA10092H45453534

Item Number:
2016_140

Subscription Terms:
$30.00 USD for each month, for 12 installments

ravic1900
01-18-2016, 05:57 PM
S-03798910TJ0260620 (12 x $30)
S-4VA10092H45453534 (12 x $30)

:)

triton
01-18-2016, 06:55 PM
$30/month for 12 months

Kups
01-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Common guys few more contributions from us will make us to close to IV Jan goal.....
People who haven't contributed please skip you Starbucks Coffee or Dunkin Donuts.....that's more than enough to all you to contribute for this.....:)

sk369
01-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Subscribed for recurring monthly donation of 30$ for 12 months...

namesri
01-19-2016, 10:08 AM
$300 Contribution, Confirmation number: 2H3013936V574041S.

Thanks IV for all your efforts.

tspiv
01-19-2016, 10:55 AM
Made $30 x 12 months contribution.

Date of sign up: Jan 17, 2016
Subscription Name: Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: Unregistered)
Subscription Number: S-96658032B7416932L

bims_patel
01-19-2016, 11:27 AM
Date of sign up: Jan 19, 2016
Subscription Name: Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: Unregistered)
Subscription Number: S-1490126797036014X

amerineni
01-19-2016, 11:56 AM

Yep.

Hello hil3182, I have donated 600$ one time and i am trying to convince my friends to
donate as well. It will be helpful if you can provide some references where IV got succeeded or tried in the past with any specific bills or lobby efforts.

Thanks
vinodh a

ampz
01-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: ampz)
$30.00 USD for each month, for 12 installments
Effective Date: Jan 19, 2016

RandomizedPrecision
01-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Hello hil3182, I have donated 600$ one time and i am trying to convince my friends to
donate as well. It will be helpful if you can provide some references where IV got succeeded or tried in the past with any specific bills or lobby efforts.

Thanks
vinodh a
Have them listen to the Youtube Video of the Ombudsman Conference a few months ago and Aman's questioning of the panel.

Have them spend some time reading through this forum and the IV facebook posts and pages educating themselves of the gravity of the problem and the mess they are really in.

Keep in mind that IV is whatever you make it out to be - IV isn't about selling you (or your friends) some stuff. People like you, me (and your friends) make up IV - so if they care to solve their own problems, then their choice is clear and they should need no convincing.

amerineni
01-19-2016, 12:47 PM
Have them listen to the Youtube Video of the Ombudsman Conference a few months ago and Aman's questioning of the panel.

Have them spend some time reading through this forum and the IV facebook posts and pages educating themselves of the gravity of the problem and the mess they are really in.

Keep in mind that IV is whatever you make it out to be - IV isn't about selling you (or your friends) some stuff. People like you, me (and your friends) make up IV - so if they care to solve their own problems, then their choice is clear and they should need no convincing.

Hey... I agree with you that the current system is a mess and everybody is suffering from it one way or the other and everyone know it. But since IV is leading the efforts to fix these issues and since IV asking for money from others its their responsibility educate them by telling what IV accomplished before and their future plans.

I am not saying everyone should focus on educating the people, but at least one or two guys who knows IV for a long time to provide a summary of IV's accomplishments and their plan of action so that people like me will be confident in asking friends to donate. money. Since IV is believing that that the problem is because of lack of money, they have to focus getting more donations. Plz think about it

Thanks
vinodh a

pappu
01-19-2016, 12:54 PM
Hey... I agree with you that the current system is a mess and everybody is suffering from it one way or the other and everyone know it. But since IV is leading the efforts to fix these issues and since IV asking for money from others its their responsibility educate them by telling what IV accomplished before and their future plans.

I am not saying everyone should focus on educating the people, but at least one or two guys who knows IV for a long time to provide a summary of IV's accomplishments and their plan of action so that people like me will be confident in asking friends to donate. money. Since IV is believing that that the problem is because of lack of money, they have to focus getting more donations. Plz think about it

Thanks
vinodh aImmigrationVoice.org - Immigration Voice Time Line (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=78&Itemid=54)

tspiv
01-19-2016, 12:56 PM
Dear Vinodh,

I'm also new to IV forums. Joined couple of days back and made my first contribution.

To me, it is about putting up a fight and try get our voice heard. I'm pretty sure no one knows the extend of the problem Legal Immigrants are facing. If our voice is picked up by the media, then almost all the politicians will be ashamed of them self that they are letting this happen to the legal immigrants, while there are laws to help Illegal Immigrants in such situations.

However, there is no guarantee that we will succeed in near term. But at-least we can try.

vipsJune2008
01-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Just now contributed:
Date of sign up: Jan 19, 2016
Subscription Name: Donation to Support Immigration Voice (User: vipsJune2008)
Subscription Number: S-5K461783FM274584A

need_EAD
01-19-2016, 03:32 PM
9VD07861KP947310R

Subscribed for 12 Months

jaggu bhai
01-19-2016, 04:11 PM
Great work folks. looks like January target reached. Keep it going.
Consistency matters.

BlmGC
01-19-2016, 04:37 PM
Happy to be part of this community. I started my contribution and then registered my self to this forum.

Subscription Number: S-8J761654Y0016031M

nvedia
01-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Dear Vinodh,

I'm also new to IV forums. Joined couple of days back and made my first contribution.

To me, it is about putting up a fight and try get our voice heard. I'm pretty sure no one knows the extend of the problem Legal Immigrants are facing. If our voice is picked up by the media, then almost all the politicians will be ashamed of them self that they are letting this happen to the legal immigrants, while there are laws to help Illegal Immigrants in such situations.

However, there is no guarantee that we will succeed in near term. But at-least we can try.

Thats a very nice thought but how do we make sure American media would pick this up ?

probeer.das
01-19-2016, 04:45 PM
Transaction ID: 8HF96119ED882042E

I am new to this site, however I shouldn't doubt that the money would be used for the goal of this community, but because money is involved here, I hope proper authorized auditing would be done of the collected amount.

Thanks.

eastindia
01-19-2016, 05:00 PM
Transaction ID: 8HF96119ED882042E

I am new to this site, however I shouldn't doubt that the money would be used for the goal of this community, but because money is involved here, I hope proper authorized auditing would be done of the collected amount.

Thanks.

All past income tax filings with audit report from CPA are available online for public. If they mess up even a small amount, it will be a huge risk to their immigration status and jail. So nobody will risk that for a non profit. Money spent on lobbying is also easily viewable on opensecrets.org site for IV. So you can see how it is used. You can also attend any IV advocacy days in DC around the year and they will show you all paperwork if you ask. I see no reason why anyone should have any fear. It is not that they are dealing with millions. Plus all of IV people work for free as volunteers.

probeer.das
01-19-2016, 05:32 PM
All past income tax filings with audit report from CPA are available online for public. If they mess up even a small amount, it will be a huge risk to their immigration status and jail. So nobody will risk that for a non profit. Money spent on lobbying is also easily viewable on opensecrets.org site for IV. So you can see how it is used. You can also attend any IV advocacy days in DC around the year and they will show you all paperwork if you ask. I see no reason why anyone should have any fear. It is not that they are dealing with millions. Plus all of IV people work for free as volunteers.

Fair enough... I started my contribution first, before I raised my doubt. Money should not be the blockage here. Thanks for IV and team for all volunteer efforts they are doing for this cause. Let me know if I can contribute in any other way.

anup143
01-19-2016, 11:27 PM
Started my monthly contribution for 12 months today...go IV

sgoyal
01-20-2016, 03:27 PM
enrolled in monthly contribution for 30 USD for 12 months

gcbikari
01-20-2016, 03:38 PM
$75 one time contribution on 1/20/2016

Paypal Transaction ID
3440351328726003W

sbindval
01-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Transaction ID
8U741963N17469818

subscribed for 12 months $30

pappu
02-01-2016, 11:31 AM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/community_donations.php

Bumping this thread to urge everyone not yet subscribed to monthly contributions to do so now. We want to be able to meet our monthly goals for advocacy purposes. All work done by IV members and leaders is voluntary. Expenses are needed for lobbying and organizing advocacy days etc.

Dileep
02-01-2016, 01:50 PM
Contributed on Jan 21 with recurring deposit for I140 EAD, request all the friends to do so.

little contribution from each one of us matters for the end cause.

Subscription number S-4TD187250D572435B

thanks,

RandomizedPrecision
02-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Contributed on Jan 21 with recurring deposit for I140 EAD, request all the friends to do so.

little contribution from each one of us matters for the end cause.

Subscription number S-4TD187250D572435B

thanks,
Thank you!

Anyone who has also donated, please consider if you can "upgrade" your donation to a higher amount. If we do not get something concrete done this year, I'm afraid we'd stuck in this mess for many more years.

nvedia
02-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Why Live Status is not showing monthly subscription in the total?

messengerofgod
02-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Why Live Status is not showing monthly subscription in the total?

Not a "core" IV member, and I am not speaking for IV, but my understanding is it resets every month and keeps track on donations as they come in.

So if you signed of the monthly contribution on the 10th of January, you will be billed for your contribution on the 10th of every month (including February), and the status of the donation jar will be updated.

As the month progresses, you should see it fill up - or fall short (if a lot of last month's donation was one time donations).

Hope this makes sense.

skrovvidi
02-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Subscription # S-5RB88062SA207091K

moon_walker333
02-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Subscribed! Time to go in and get it done.

Subscription # S-3HV50308YD7068922

vikidisi
02-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Not a "core" IV member, and I am not speaking for IV, but my understanding is it resets every month and keeps track on donations as they come in.

So if you signed of the monthly contribution on the 10th of January, you will be billed for your contribution on the 10th of every month (including February), and the status of the donation jar will be updated.

As the month progresses, you should see it fill up - or fall short (if a lot of last month's donation was one time donations).

Hope this makes sense.

Yup. That's exactly how it works.

pappu
02-03-2016, 05:42 PM
Bumping this thread again. We have only $300 contributions this month so far. We are way off our target.

RandomizedPrecision
02-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Bumping this thread again. We have only $300 contributions this month so far. We are way off our target.
I noted that last month got a significant bump after the call to action on fundraising was posted on Facebook. Can you please post a note again for February on the facebook page? That should get people going - I hope.

abget59
02-07-2016, 10:50 PM
Does the tracker for the donations for Feb 2016 (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/community_donations.php) count the recurring donations from Jan or not? Since there were several recurring donations from Jan, shouldn't they show up on this tracker for Feb?

abget59
02-07-2016, 10:58 PM
I am sorry for my reply... i just realized that the Jar (bucket) of contribution for Feb 2016 will be updated as and when the date of recurring payment arrives. So, let's just continue our monthly contribution of $100 every month as soon as possible.

Therefore, bumping this thread :)

abget59
02-09-2016, 11:12 PM
Bumping this thread to the top since we have only received about 20% of the donations to hire a lobbyist to help immigrants.

subbuss
02-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Started my subscription for a modest amount. S-60T81580PM541445B.

what_if
02-15-2016, 06:52 PM
In my opinion, the most effective way to get more people to subscribe is to have monthly calls and talk to them about what is going on. I do understand that it may not be possible but it would certainly help in carrying on the momentum.
It is very interesting to me that so many people still don't see this as an investment in their future.

nvedia
02-16-2016, 09:31 AM
In my opinion, the most effective way to get more people to subscribe is to have monthly calls and talk to them about what is going on. I do understand that it may not be possible but it would certainly help in carrying on the momentum.
It is very interesting to me that so many people still don't see this as an investment in their future.

Its because of the very fact that there are no calls/updates on whats going on or happening in IV world
People want to be aware about the updates even if it means "wait and watch" or "something is being done". It doesn't necessarily always have to be a success story or something concrete

kichoudh
02-16-2016, 01:38 PM
I have added a recurring contribution last week.

devndev
03-04-2016, 11:32 AM
since we fell short last month :(

vikidisi
03-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Its because of the very fact that there are no calls/updates on whats going on or happening in IV world
People want to be aware about the updates even if it means "wait and watch" or "something is being done". It doesn't necessarily always have to be a success story or something concrete

We have talked about this before. There is so much that goes on on a daily basis that sure, we would love to even provide daily updates. But we have learnt it first hand (EAD -I-140 is a great example), that its dangerous. Anything shared by IV, then becomes a topic of discussion for the keyboard warriors all over the internet.

We are not kidding when we say that we are working against and fighting some of the biggest special interest groups of employers and immigration lawyers. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, and I don't expect you to believe me. (Hopefully after reading some of the comment submissions, it is more clear now) But I have seen this happen first hand.

Every time we have something public to share it is shared on our forums and our Facebook page. People signing up for contributions feel like they should know everything about our internal workings and analysis. That is first, not possible and second, dangerous to our own cause.

It is unfair to hold IV to a different standard than any other group that claims to represent you.

rajarak
03-04-2016, 03:45 PM
subscription # : S-14R71580234883456

thanks for all the hardwork

abcdgc
03-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Renewed my $60 per month for next 12 months.

Thank you IV

NishanthReddy
03-06-2016, 10:42 PM
I was trying to take 12 month subscription from last 2 months but couldn't because of my personal limitations. I just enrolled into 12 month subscription with 100 per month. Confirmation noS-6UX40382LL5491744

GCBuyer
03-08-2016, 12:49 AM
TRN# 9797507146757551A

I will up the amount after my financial situation improves.

Thanks IV for your effort and Service to the community!

satya.atx
03-08-2016, 01:04 AM
Or to Press including Julia Preston from NYT?

sreedhar_s
03-08-2016, 01:11 AM
I believe in IV's cause and have started a donation myself.

S-40A28069XS017615K

I am hoping we have some positive changes in I-140 EAD rule, without which we are all doomed. Please keep the donations going and also post your subscription ID, which helps build trust among newer members.

javelin768
03-08-2016, 02:39 AM
I had a monthly subscription of $60 I just added one for 100$.

S-86K63924GG858735S

It's now or never Guys! Lets do it! If 100$ is much, just eat out for a couple of times less in a month...thats as much as it takes!

Tigers7
03-08-2016, 08:18 PM
trn# S-96S32964AG533831M

sandeepk20
03-09-2016, 02:44 PM
I had a initial recurring payment of 30 bucks month recurring for 12 months.... I have started a 60 dollars a month recurring for 12 months... I encourage everyone to contribute for your future... 100 dollars is nothing compared to the benefit you could achieve if any of the legislation can pass... IV needs the money so can hire a lobbyist and be more effective.... They need to know the funds they can expect to receive in the next 12 months so they can hire an effective lobbyist... That's the key..

Thanks for all your work IV.. I listened to the call on Sunday and I am convinced more than ever that you are the best to get the job done !

nvik16
03-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Started a 60$/pm to IV. If we can't help our self, none one will.

amerineni
03-13-2016, 04:25 PM
Dear Members,

Its been few months. I don't see any updates on this.
Did IV hired the lobbyists? Which direction are we going? Please share any details you guys have.

eastindia
03-13-2016, 10:26 PM
Did IV hired the lobbyists? Which direction are we going? Please share any details you guys have.

Iv had a call for everyone last weekend where they gave updates and answered questions on lobbying. You might want to attend the next call and speak to them. I have not see then posting details on updates on website . Website is for action Items. Like their Facebook page to know the next call.

amerineni
03-13-2016, 11:31 PM
Iv had a call for everyone last weekend where they gave updates and answered questions on lobbying. You might want to attend the next call and speak to them. I have not see then posting details on updates on website . Website is for action Items. Like their Facebook page to know the next call.

Where can i find the call information? Please provide those details so i can join.

eastindia
03-14-2016, 02:38 AM
Where can i find the call information? Please provide those details so i can join.

https://www.facebook.com/ImmigrationVoice

stuckinline
03-14-2016, 03:03 PM

They want to sign a one year contract for the lobbyist. With the lobbyists you only get what you pay for... they also mentioned that they want to make sure that they have a cushion... I think it is because they want to feel comfortable making that one year commitment.

My guess is if the donations don't come in as projected, the core people will be on the hook to pay for the lobbyist out of pocket for the rest of the one year contract - so they are being careful.

messengerofgod
03-15-2016, 08:30 PM
They want to sign a one year contract for the lobbyist. With the lobbyists you only get what you pay for... they also mentioned that they want to make sure that they have a cushion... I think it is because they want to feel comfortable making that one year commitment.

My guess is if the donations don't come in as projected, the core people will be on the hook to pay for the lobbyist out of pocket for the rest of the one year contract - so they are being careful.

Looks like IV will miss the target amount this month also.

If you are right (and I think you are), the big question is, will the core team risk signing up a lobbyist for a 1 year contract when Donations are so weak?

They put up a target amount they need to function and people aren't stepping up. I think our people are happy being stuck in backlog and playing on forums/Facebook groups :cool:

Flyingcrow
03-15-2016, 08:45 PM
How about giving special status (tags) beneath the id on this forum to people for people who are making donations.

As well a special group only for people making donations, more like a membership, with access to more information, may be some form of updates.

Make it more tangible to people who are signing up, may be a badge that they can wear on!! (kidding)

-> But since I know the agenda and how IV operates, all my above suggestions are silly. But that is what the many attorneys reap on, by providing twitter updates and what not.

bob4gc
03-31-2016, 12:00 AM
It is so disappointing to see fund raising goal is missed again this month. There were 3000+ people in last IV call, $10 each would have easily met the target. I thought donating is the most easiest thing for the purpose we are working for.

I guess it is not hard to imagine that without contributing or active participation, result don't come by itself.

sundarpn
03-31-2016, 09:28 AM
It is so disappointing to see fund raising goal is missed again this month. There were 3000+ people in last IV call, $10 each would have easily met the target...

I think I can get many of my friends to contribute 10, 15, 20 bucks. But the donations page isn't allowing such small amounts. Is there an alternate way or not put any minimums? That might get more volume and easier to ask people. (Just my humble opinion)

I just checked the donations page http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/community_donations.php
Minimum is $30 and subscribe for 12 months.

Flyingcrow
03-31-2016, 10:20 AM
I think I can get many of my friends to contribute 10, 15, 20 bucks. But the donations page isn't allowing such small amounts. Is there an alternate way or not put any minimums? That might get more volume and easier to ask people. (Just my humble opinion)

I just checked the donations page http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/community_donations.php
Minimum is $30 and subscribe for 12 months.

The issue I had with asking people to donate money or infact even make comment on the regulation site was they feel its a waste of their money and time better spent elsewhere. Tangible benefits can drive people to donate their money.

Of the 20 people I asked to write a comment on the REG site, i learnt none did, none so far have contributed a penny. I stopped pushing people, since they started treating me like an Amway seller with a agenda to extract their money and agonize them with a conspiracy theory of the cartel of attorney and corporates. They look at me like a mad man who is way too bothered about a piece of plastic card. I gave up, even if they ask me anything I just reply that I have no frigging clue about what is happening (infact I have no clue, see my other forum thread, to which nobody has cared to respond.)

So if you have donate, else forward mails to your circle and ask them to join the fb page, and twitter to get updates, after that stop doing to avoid being treated like a crazy cuckoo.
My two cents.

Flyingcrow
03-31-2016, 10:25 AM
Pardon me for the typos and missing words..

The issue I had with asking people to donate money or infact even make a comment on the regulation site was, they feel its a waste of their money and time that is better spent elsewhere. Tangible benefits can drive people to donate their money.

Of the 20 people I asked to write a comment on the REG site, i learnt none did, none so far have contributed a penny. I stopped pushing people a long time back, since they started treating me like an Amway seller with an agenda to extract their money and agonize them with conspiracy theories of the cartel of attorney and corporates. They look at me like a mad man who is way too bothered about a piece of plastic card.

I finally gave up, if they ask me for updates nowadays I just reply that I have no frigging clue about what is happening (infact I have no clue, see my other forum thread, to which nobody has cared to respond.)

So if you have the money and convinced to donate, do it, as well forward mails to your circle and ask them to join the fb page, and twitter to get updates. After that stop doing it again to the same person to avoid being treated like a crazy cuckoo.
That was my two cents...

Flyingcrow
03-31-2016, 10:34 AM
Pardon me for the typos and missing words..

The issue I had with asking people to donate money or infact even make a comment on the regulation site was, they feel its a waste of their money and time that is better spent elsewhere. Tangible benefits can drive people to donate their money.

Of the 20 people I asked to write a comment on the REG site, i learnt none did, none so far have contributed a penny. I stopped pushing people a long time back, since they started treating me like an Amway seller with an agenda to extract their money and agonize them with conspiracy theories of the cartel of attorney and corporates. They look at me like a mad man who is way too bothered about a piece of plastic card.

I finally gave up, if they ask me for updates nowadays I just reply that I have no frigging clue about what is happening (infact I have no clue, see my other forum thread, to which nobody has cared to respond.)

So if you have the money and convinced to donate, do it, as well forward mails to your circle and ask them to join the fb page, and twitter to get updates. After that stop doing it again to the same person to avoid being treated like a crazy cuckoo.
That was my two cents...

longwait4gc
03-31-2016, 02:49 PM

You nailed it my friend. I did the same thing and asked my friends to donate. When they ask me for update or whats going on, I have no clue. Good thing is they understand that it is not in my hands.

My 2 Cents to IV core. Please revisit the way you work. Some times revealing some details will get more people interested and involved. We definitely understand that there are other groups trying to undermine us. But keeping everything secret we are driving legal immigrants to the groups who give frequent updates and tells them why unlimited H1's are good for us or removing country caps is bad for us.

Remember they just gave 25K to a lawyer who wants unlimited H1s and make them wait several decades longer. We can call these skilled immigrants who trust in these groups with several "names" and leave them alone. We can try to fix it. Educate people, engage them and earn their trust.

Phone calls are doing this some of this already. May be more frequent phone calls or twitter campaigns will help.

My last cent. Why not open up 10$ or 20$ contribution per month?

sundarpn
03-31-2016, 03:41 PM

+1. Admins any comment opening that up?

Hanzra
03-31-2016, 07:18 PM
+1 I have same experience. We need certain kind of campaign to educate more people around us. They are willing to help, what they need is just a little push. Not everyone is same, some have self motivation and others don't.

We can create a social campaign team, I am ready to volunteer.

RandomizedPrecision
03-31-2016, 11:14 PM
You nailed it my friend. I did the same thing and asked my friends to donate. When they ask me for update or whats going on, I have no clue. Good thing is they understand that it is not in my hands.

My 2 Cents to IV core. Please revisit the way you work. Some times revealing some details will get more people interested and involved. We definitely understand that there are other groups trying to undermine us. But keeping everything secret we are driving legal immigrants to the groups who give frequent updates and tells them why unlimited H1's are good for us or removing country caps is bad for us.

Remember they just gave 25K to a lawyer who wants unlimited H1s and make them wait several decades longer. We can call these skilled immigrants who trust in these groups with several "names" and leave them alone. We can try to fix it. Educate people, engage them and earn their trust.

Phone calls are doing this some of this already. May be more frequent phone calls or twitter campaigns will help.

"IV Core" isn't some secret cult that has taken a blood oath or a group of hippies that have a secret handhake that no-one can understand. They are just a group of dedicated and persistent folks with dogged-determination who have, over the years, taken the initiative to solve the problem in their own capacity.

Here is a list of things you can do right now with our without any responses from the "IV Core":

1. Like it was mentioned on the last call, you can use social media (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs etc.) to blast USCIS, DHS, USChamber, Lawyers, AILA, FWD.us etc. and call their bulff. Keep humiliating them in public, talk about the mess with RIN:1615-AC05 and urge them to fix it while continuing to shine a light on the plight of legal immigrants stuck in backlogs. Aman mentioned that although you can pass regulation using social media and make policy that way - it is a good medium to highlight our issues. Shame all the companies that are part of USChamber (Google, MS, HP etc.) - they clearly care about their public image - so make sure you make a loud noise on social media until they fix the regulation.

2. Talk to your local congressman about HR3012, about the mess with RIN:1615-AC05 and highlight your issue. Keep doing this as often as you can until your congressman gives you his\her commitment to take concrete action and not just lip-serve

3. Reach out to media, influential bloggers etc. and get them to talk about these issues. It doesn't always need to be these big names like Fox, MSNBC and network channels - it could be folks who have popular You-Tube channels or freelance bloggers with big followings too.

4. Attend any and all USCIS and DHS public calls on any topic and ask them about the mess with the regulation

5. Keep talking to your friends about this - if you have already given up on convincing your own acquaintances (who are themselves stuck in this mess) then how the heck do you expect "IV Core" to convince these congressmen, politicians, administrators (some of who probably have zero awareness of the issue). Repeating it and making a stronger case with facts is what is going to take - be persistent and DO NOT give up until they donate. Convince them that you're NOT an Amway salesman - if you can't do that then how do you expect folks to convince politicians who have entrenched interests to fix the problem for you?

PS: I have been trying to do many of theses things myself to some level of success. At the very least I get get to vent on Twitter everyday and shame @USCIS, @USChamber and all other companies that they are robbing us of our future.

Good luck to us all!

nvik16
04-01-2016, 08:20 AM
I tried getting people to donate for some time now. Most people just don't care. If you are not willing to fight for injustice happening to you. I am not sure what will you stand up and fight for. I mean you are willing to spend 500$ on a bar tab but will not pay 60$ / pm for your freedom, where is the logic in that ?

Hanzra
04-01-2016, 10:30 AM
I agree with everything what RandomizedPrecision mentioned, there are so many things that we can do from our side.

in addition to that we need to bring more people in, more people = more impact.

We need to motivate them to get their participation in Action Items and in donations.

longwait4gc
04-01-2016, 10:57 AM
"IV Core" isn't some secret cult that has taken a blood oath or a group of hippies that have a secret handhake that no-one can understand. They are just a group of dedicated and persistent folks with dogged-determination who have, over the years, taken the initiative to solve the problem in their own capacity.

Here is a list of things you can do right now with our without any responses from the "IV Core":

1. Like it was mentioned on the last call, you can use social media (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs etc.) to blast USCIS, DHS, USChamber, Lawyers, AILA, FWD.us etc. and call their bulff. Keep humiliating them in public, talk about the mess with RIN:1615-AC05 and urge them to fix it while continuing to shine a light on the plight of legal immigrants stuck in backlogs. Aman mentioned that although you can pass regulation using social media and make policy that way - it is a good medium to highlight our issues. Shame all the companies that are part of USChamber (Google, MS, HP etc.) - they clearly care about their public image - so make sure you make a loud noise on social media until they fix the regulation.

2. Talk to your local congressman about HR3012, about the mess with RIN:1615-AC05 and highlight your issue. Keep doing this as often as you can until your congressman gives you his\her commitment to take concrete action and not just lip-serve

3. Reach out to media, influential bloggers etc. and get them to talk about these issues. It doesn't always need to be these big names like Fox, MSNBC and network channels - it could be folks who have popular You-Tube channels or freelance bloggers with big followings too.

4. Attend any and all USCIS and DHS public calls on any topic and ask them about the mess with the regulation

5. Keep talking to your friends about this - if you have already given up on convincing your own acquaintances (who are themselves stuck in this mess) then how the heck do you expect "IV Core" to convince these congressmen, politicians, administrators (some of who probably have zero awareness of the issue). Repeating it and making a stronger case with facts is what is going to take - be persistent and DO NOT give up until they donate. Convince them that you're NOT an Amway salesman - if you can't do that then how do you expect folks to convince politicians who have entrenched interests to fix the problem for you?

PS: I have been trying to do many of theses things myself to some level of success. At the very least I get get to vent on Twitter everyday and shame @USCIS, @USChamber and all other companies that they are robbing us of our future.

Good luck to us all!

No need to rile up my friend. I appreciate what IV is doing already. I am doing first few points already.
You can take my suggestion or leave it. The moment you ask for money, they will ask questions, I cannot tell them "I cannot share answers with you because we dont want to leak the information to social media". I convinced some of them to contribute once, but I cannot keep going back to them.

It has clear asks:
1. reduce the contribution amount to 10 or 20 per month.
2. Share some updates, may be get people involved. Ask them to come for a state level meeting. Involve them in a Twitter campaign.

iamdeb
04-01-2016, 11:04 AM
No need to rile up my friend. I appreciate what IV is doing already. I am doing first few points already.
You can take my suggestion or leave it. The moment you ask for money, they will ask questions, I cannot tell them "I cannot share answers with you because we dont want to leak the information to social media". I convinced some of them to contribute once, but I cannot keep going back to them.

It has clear asks:
1. reduce the contribution amount to 10 or 20 per month.
2. Share some updates, may be get people involved. Ask them to come for a state level meeting. Involve them in a Twitter campaign.

yes the moment i tell my friends about money/donation they start asking about what IV is working on presently and what's the near term goal? it would be good if someone from leadership provide weekly update.

RandomizedPrecision
04-01-2016, 11:24 AM
yes the moment i tell my friends about money/donation they start asking about what IV is working on presently and what's the near term goal? it would be good if someone from leadership provide weekly update.
Keep in mind that nothing is changing on a weekly basis - this is a long road and a grueling fight. Anybody that follows politics or administrative rule-making knows that there just aren't going to be that many updates to share this frequently. Heck if they can't move faster on a Supreme Court justice nomination then how do you expect smaller issues to move faster?

We all have to exhibit some patience and faith with IV. It must be clear that they are the ONLY folks fighting for our cause and they need our support - not just in money but with steadfast support as well as belief that if they can't make it happen NO ONE else will.

Here is what (I think) IV is doing right now:

1. Working on figuring out a lobbying strategy - keep in mind that lobbying works for Bills and not necessarily for administrative fixes. So the lobbying efforts are going towards getting bills passed for the long run.

2. Media and Though-leader outreach - if you are following twitter closely you will have seen that Aman met with Vivek Wadhwa and got him aware of the situation that we face. Vivek (@Wadhwa) tweeted about that and it got a lot of attention. I am sure there are other such things in the making.

3. Participation in #ASKUSCIS and other listening calls. You can search twitter for the questions that IV asked DHS And USCIS everytime they opened up on twitter for questions

4. Active Twitter activity shaming FWD_US, AILA, USCHAMber USCIS etc. and getting them to fix the mess. There are almost a dozen USCIS regional media handles that tweet everyday - you should be able to tweet them back about the mess with the RIN:1615-AC05 issue.

5. Behind the scenes meetings or calls with administration about comment reviews and changes that might happen to the regulation

6. Continuous outreach to get more support for HR3012 and to get other bills that have a similar scope that have a higher likelihood of passing. Figuring out a strategy to align these with must-pass bills so that they clear in this congress

I see that there are two distinct strategies: One towards the administrative fixes and another towards legislation. Legislation is brass-tax shit requiring lobbying, meeting with congressmen,staffers etc. while getting the administrative fixes is much of a waiting game but we can still do the social media \ traditional media outreach and continue to shine a light on the collusion and corruption at USCIS so that the final rule is closer to what we'd like.

Again, I am not an "insider" or "IV Core" - just an observer who has been following all the action closely and trying to read between the lines on what is being said on calls and forums by long-time IV members. It isn't wise to share the strategy to members as it can easily end up in the hands of folks that can use it against us. After all that is why IV submitted comments to the regulation at the very last minute - so that no one can sabotage them.

So, have some faith and realize that questioning endlessly (especially when you have no alternatives) isn't necessarily a wise decision.

javelin768
04-07-2016, 11:03 PM
I would really love to hear some updates from Immivoice on where the I140 regulation is and if anything is being done in the background with the lobbyist. I know I have donated monthly and I got a couple of friends to donate.....and they have asked if I know anything, i pointed them to the forums.

Again please no need to take this any other way....I am NOT...repeat NOT trying to demand an answer....I will keep donating nevertheless....but any word would really encourage people more to donate.

Flyingcrow
04-08-2016, 07:08 PM
i would really love to hear some updates from immivoice on where the i140 regulation is and if anything is being done in the background with the lobbyist. I know i have donated monthly and i got a couple of friends to donate.....and they have asked if i know anything, i pointed them to the forums.

Again please no need to take this any other way....i am not...repeat not trying to demand an answer....i will keep donating nevertheless....but any word would really encourage people more to donate.

+1

moon_walker333
04-11-2016, 11:15 AM
I would really love to hear some updates from Immivoice on where the I140 regulation is and if anything is being done in the background with the lobbyist. I know I have donated monthly and I got a couple of friends to donate.....and they have asked if I know anything, i pointed them to the forums.

Again please no need to take this any other way....I am NOT...repeat NOT trying to demand an answer....I will keep donating nevertheless....but any word would really encourage people more to donate.

+ 1

IV Leads, at least a weekly update will definitely go a long way in keeping people believing in IV.

greenappletx
04-11-2016, 11:08 PM
+1

IV Leads, I know you don't want to share some confidential/strategic information else employers/advocates team build their strategy based on the updates but do u think are we on right path for the final rule? Thanks for all the things u do for the community.

Flyingcrow
04-13-2016, 10:40 AM
+1

IV Leads, I know you don't want to share some confidential/strategic information else employers/advocates team build their strategy based on the updates but do u think are we on right path for the final rule? Thanks for all the things u do for the community.

Read through RandomPrecision's response. There is actually really no progress/tidbit/update to share. Immigration reform has taken a back stage being election year.

The only thing we can wait for with some hope is the rule making, but I fear after reading through many of the comments, they might simply choose to kill the rule not wanting to make any changes and for the opposition of various forms. I am just waiting for the outcome, based on how it goes I will finally decide whether to pack my bags or not.

Filing dates are not advancing and will not any further given their demonstrated intention. Even if it does, USCIS is not going to honour it.

Happy Tamil New Year and Vishu.

dipdowndust
04-13-2016, 01:39 PM
Read through RandomPrecision's response. There is actually really no progress/tidbit/update to share. Immigration reform has taken a back stage being election year.

The only thing we can wait for with some hope is the rule making, but I fear after reading through many of the comments, they might simply choose to kill the rule not wanting to make any changes and for the opposition of various forms. I am just waiting for the outcome, based on how it goes I will finally decide whether to pack my bags or not.

Filing dates are not advancing and will not any further given their demonstrated intention. Even if it does, USCIS is not going to honour it.

Happy Tamil New Year and Vishu.

If you are following primaries, all republican candidates have denounced H1b program. Even though Rubio is immigrant, he wants to stay away from immigration. H1b was discussed in one of the debates and all of them were absolutely not in favor of it. Trump even said that he uses H1b but doesnt support program !!! Nobody is talking about GC backlog as mostly high skilled legal immigration is equal to H1b for all of these candidates.

For democrats, they both want comprehensive immigration bill and include undocumented workers which is a very very tough sell and legal immigration will suffer from it.

I recently received RFE and they want practically everything I provided them 9 years ago in 2007 as all of my previous docs have expired. They even want employment proof for a specific time period, even though my 485 was filed during that time period with all necessary documents. As per RFE, there was a change in policy in Jun 2014 where medical record expires after one year. I specifically remember that all my friends who received GC in 2011-2013 never really got RFE, once their date was current, they got GC, thats it. Now you have to provide practically everything again. Now, I have to go thru zillions of documents of H1b filing and all to spot specific time period of my employment with a specific company.

So, policies which are illogical, and makes your life harder will be included quickly to make your life harder and feel you more and more insecure. But, policies to make your immigration journey little easy will take LONG LONG time drama efforts by dedicated folks and still may not get it implemented. Thats the truth for now and got to deal with it !

I dont see why they would require Medical exam again. I am already in USA for last 9 years since 485 was filed. And, what about people who got GC before this policy was implemented i.e. Jun 2014. Their records dont expire but mine does !

Flyingcrow
04-13-2016, 02:10 PM
If you are following primaries, all republican candidates have denounced H1b program. Even though Rubio is immigrant, he wants to stay away from immigration. H1b was discussed in one of the debates and all of them were absolutely not in favor of it. Trump even said that he uses H1b but doesnt support program !!! Nobody is talking about GC backlog as mostly high skilled legal immigration is equal to H1b for all of these candidates.

For democrats, they both want comprehensive immigration bill and include undocumented workers which is a very very tough sell and legal immigration will suffer from it.

I recently received RFE and they want practically everything I provided them 9 years ago in 2007 as all of my previous docs have expired. They even want employment proof for a specific time period, even though my 485 was filed during that time period with all necessary documents. As per RFE, there was a change in policy in Jun 2014 where medical record expires after one year. I specifically remember that all my friends who received GC in 2011-2013 never really got RFE, once their date was current, they got GC, thats it. Now you have to provide practically everything again. Now, I have to go thru zillions of documents of H1b filing and all to spot specific time period of my employment with a specific company.

So, policies which are illogical, and makes your life harder will be included quickly to make your life harder and feel you more and more insecure. But, policies to make your immigration journey little easy will take LONG LONG time drama efforts by dedicated folks and still may not get it implemented. Thats the truth for now and got to deal with it !

I dont see why they would require Medical exam again. I am already in USA for last 9 years since 485 was filed. And, what about people who got GC before this policy was implemented i.e. Jun 2014. Their records dont expire but mine does !

While I understand your strain points, be happy you got something. I am here for more than a decade with no EAD. Sending documents is least of my worries.

About Medical, TB test makes sense for anybody who has lived in the country for more than 10 years, leave alone 6 months. TB is a contagious disease that even any tourist can bring in. It makes no sense to test someone of TB just before providing them a plastic card. It is all BS.

Just do the paperwork, and breath out.

Flyingcrow
04-13-2016, 03:41 PM
Typo : About Medical, TB test makes no sense for anybody who has lived in the country for more a month, leave alone 10 years.

javelin768
04-20-2016, 08:21 PM

Really ? Crickets ??? I expected someone to say something .....ignoring does not help. Anyways....

Flyingcrow
04-21-2016, 11:55 AM
Really ? Crickets ??? I expected someone to say something .....ignoring does not help. Anyways....

Even when nothing really happened, when there were updates from IV, there was hope in the air. But when IV goes silent, the silence is deadening, its almost like 'The winter is coming...'.

hate_me
04-21-2016, 07:17 PM

It's IV style they want your money but will not tell you how they spend it, all they tell you about money spending is how core team spends their own money LOL, just shut up and feed the beast...that's IV Iiisssstttyyyyle ;)

moon_walker333
04-22-2016, 11:27 AM
IV Leads,

We all know that you are volunteers, spending your own time & money for our cause and we all appreciate that and cannot thank you guys enough. But, you need to understand that when more than hundreds of thousands of us decided to follow you and support you in this then you have some responsibility. Now when you have motivated and gathered highest number of supporters ever you need to manage to keep them motivated and active. A small message from you guys once in a while goes a long way in doing that whether you agree or not. Every person's patience level is different. At this time, we cannot afford to lose any of the members/supporters. Give it a thought.

Thanks for reading what I feel.

Showri
04-22-2016, 02:22 PM
What I observed is IV never replies to a polite question. Somehow they only reply to rants.

RandomizedPrecision
04-22-2016, 06:41 PM
IV Leads,

We all know that you are volunteers, spending your own time & money for our cause and we all appreciate that and cannot thank you guys enough. But, you need to understand that when more than hundreds of thousands of us decided to follow you and support you in this then you have some responsibility. Now when you have motivated and gathered highest number of supporters ever you need to manage to keep them motivated and active. A small message from you guys once in a while goes a long way in doing that whether you agree or not. Every person's patience level is different. At this time, we cannot afford to lose any of the members/supporters. Give it a thought.

Thanks for reading what I feel.
Where are the "hundreds and thousands" when IV can't even make its monthly fund-raising goal? Let's be honest about this - most of them are passive and expecting others to do the heavy lifting for them. I see just a few people even tweeting and bugging USCIS on their conferences and #ASKUSCIS events.

This doesn't mean that I couldn't use an update but if "hundreds and thousands" were truly mobilized this problem would have been solved long long ago.

triton
04-22-2016, 07:30 PM
Even when nothing really happened, when there were updates from IV, there was hope in the air. But when IV goes silent, the silence is deadening, its almost like 'The winter is coming...'.

Agree with you here. I have monthly recurring contributions setup to IV and whenever I see the charge in my bank statement I come to IV to see whats going on. I admit I am not super active on the GC advocacy. I guess I am like the majority, however I will continute contributing funds.

I am afraid if the radio silence continues the contributions each month will keep declining exponentially. I do not expect a news letter or any detailed status. A simple update every 3 weeks saying hi and keeping peoples expectations realistic would help and keep the funds flowing.

My opinion.

amerineni
04-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Agree with you here. I have monthly recurring contributions setup to IV and whenever I see the charge in my bank statement I come to IV to see whats going on. I admit I am not super active on the GC advocacy. I guess I am like the majority, however I will contrinute contributing funds.

I am afraid if the radio silence continues the contributions each month will keep declining exponentially. I do not expect a news letter or any detailed status. A simple update every 3 weeks saying hi and keeping peoples expectations realistic would help and keep the funds flowing.

My opinion.

I am also on the same boat. I made onetime contribution of 600 dollars in JAN. After that i am trying to know whats happening. Earlier when i asked for updates, i was asked to check on FB page and all i see there is a meeting happened on Mar 13. I don't know what is the other way to find whats going on if we can't attend those meeting. I am loosing confidence day by day on this process.

I strongly believe that they should always keep the people who made contributions in loop and with the latest updates. Not sure what they are thinking.

triton
04-23-2016, 01:47 PM
I am also on the same boat. I made onetime contribution of 600 dollars in JAN. After that i am trying to know whats happening. Earlier when i asked for updates, i was asked to check on FB page and all i see there is a meeting happened on Mar 13. I don't know what is the other way to find whats going on if we can't attend those meeting. I am loosing confidence day by day on this process.

I strongly believe that they should always keep the people who made contributions in loop and with the latest updates. Not sure what they are thinking.

I encourage you to have monthly contributions to IV. I am sure they have a lot on their plates and a steady supply of funds would definitely help. Don't lose confidence, instead be happy at least there is a group like IV trying to do something. Also when contributing think of it as a donation where you do not expect anything in return. We are not paying IV for a service, we are donating funds to help them.
Regarding updates I think a small 3 sentence hello to the members is not asking for much. It will keep the interest going within the group. I hope IV considers this.

Flyingcrow
04-28-2016, 06:14 PM
How do public comments affect the final rule?

If 
the 
rulemaking 
record 
contains persuasive
 new 
data
 or 
policy
 arguments,
 or 
poses
 difficult

questions
 or 
criticisms, 
the 
agency
 may
 decide 
to 
terminate 
the 
rule making.

I guess with all our comments, is this what is going to happen? USCIS closing out on this rule-making. End result we get nothing. Is IV silent because this is what is going to happen?

All doors are closing down. Being an ardent supporter of IV for the last 3.5 yrs, I am really at cross roads today. :(

Flyingcrow
04-28-2016, 06:15 PM
https://www.federalregister.gov/uploads/2011/01/the_rulemaking_process.pdf

abcdgc
04-28-2016, 11:03 PM

If 
the 
rulemaking 
record 
contains persuasive
 new 
data
 or 
policy
 arguments,
 or 
poses
 difficult

questions
 or 
criticisms, 
the 
agency
 may
 decide 
to 
terminate 
the 
rule making.

I guess with all our comments, is this what is going to happen? USCIS closing out on this rule-making. End result we get nothing. Is IV silent because this is what is going to happen?

All doors are closing down. Being an ardent supporter of IV for the last 3.5 yrs, I am really at cross roads today. :(

I am supporter of IV for many years. First few years I was silent and did not participate. I thought it will all fix by itself. Now I am mad as hell.

IV fought on my behalf. I will not be mad at IV if nothing happens. I will be mad at companies, White House, Obama, Democrats and immigration lawyers.

RandomizedPrecision
04-29-2016, 12:33 AM

If 
the 
rulemaking 
record 
contains persuasive
 new 
data
 or 
policy
 arguments,
 or 
poses
 difficult

questions
 or 
criticisms, 
the 
agency
 may
 decide 
to 
terminate 
the 
rule making.

Have some faith - we've all waited for years and now seem to be getting antsy within a few months. Keep in mind there are a few things that should work in our favor.

First, There should be a resolution on the rule (one way or the other) before this administration ends. That's a pretty big burden to bear for the Obama administration - one that is especially concerned about their "legacy"

Second, USCIS really has no choice but to grant us EAD and AP (unconditional) because they're defending that they have the rights to grant the same to illegals in the supreme court. So, even if the rule gets watered down - we'd be right to sue and the facts would be on our side to win. So even if the administrative path fails - the legal path should help us win. Granted it will be slower but it will definitely be more certain. We should be able to use the same arguments the government is using to implement DACA/DAPA to make our case.

Finally, it isn't abnormal for the agency to take a few months especially when there are so many comments and if changes have to be made to the rule. They will also have to be answerable before the Oct-Nov Ombudsman conference. So this has to get resolved one way or the other over the next 5 months. A new administrative year will also roll over and it should become much more cleared what USCIS plans to do with their acceptance date - application date nonsense.

Again, I have zero inside info. I'm just trying to piece stuff together here. Keep donating, keep ranting on Twitter,FB etc. against these assholes like (Aila, USChamber and even USCIS\DHS\POTUS etc.) It is important they know we're not happy with what they released. I'm sure IV is having discussions with the administration around this - I'm pretty sure we'll get something better than what they released initially. The only question is how much will they give in vs. what we're willing to accept.

moon_walker333
05-01-2016, 06:43 AM
Yesterday the Contributions/Donations meter was showing an amount around ~ $12000. Today it is showing ~ $3500. Is there a bug in the meter program?

Flyingcrow
05-04-2016, 10:36 AM
I share your feeling buddy. Unfortunately the unexplained long silence from IV Leads is already showing its consequences. Looks like some have pulled out of their recurring donations. It is 9th of May and I see only $1213 of contributions.

I am gonna keep my recurring donations intact. But, I strongly encourage IV Leads to keep the dialogue going for everyone's sake.

Finally the case is behind us, even without a hearing, rofl :( .

"Regret to inform folks that the judge granted the government's motion to dismiss and closed the Visagate case. P.1"

Flyingcrow
05-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Have some faith - we've all waited for years and now seem to be getting antsy within a few months. Keep in mind there are a few things that should work in our favor.

First, There should be a resolution on the rule (one way or the other) before this administration ends. That's a pretty big burden to bear for the Obama administration - one that is especially concerned about their "legacy"

Second, USCIS really has no choice but to grant us EAD and AP (unconditional) because they're defending that they have the rights to grant the same to illegals in the supreme court. So, even if the rule gets watered down - we'd be right to sue and the facts would be on our side to win. So even if the administrative path fails - the legal path should help us win. Granted it will be slower but it will definitely be more certain. We should be able to use the same arguments the government is using to implement DACA/DAPA to make our case.

Finally, it isn't abnormal for the agency to take a few months especially when there are so many comments and if changes have to be made to the rule. They will also have to be answerable before the Oct-Nov Ombudsman conference. So this has to get resolved one way or the other over the next 5 months. A new administrative year will also roll over and it should become much more cleared what USCIS plans to do with their acceptance date - application date nonsense.

Again, I have zero inside info. I'm just trying to piece stuff together here. Keep donating, keep ranting on Twitter,FB etc. against these assholes like (Aila, USChamber and even USCIS\DHS\POTUS etc.) It is important they know we're not happy with what they released. I'm sure IV is having discussions with the administration around this - I'm pretty sure we'll get something better than what they released initially. The only question is how much will they give in vs. what we're willing to accept.

I don't have hope nor faith. I just don't see a logical path this year, maybe next year.
i140 EAD, I am now fine with what they originally gave, just non-revocable (with conditions) i140 - that is all. If i get that atleast i will be good, i have no clue when my company will go out of business. That is the only thing that can save me for now, i am not interested in seeing the bigger picture.

Kups
05-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Silence is Confidence
Confidence is Silent

I assume IV is following this Mantra :)

student79
05-06-2016, 04:37 PM
India-

EB-2 : 01OCT04
EB-3 : 22SEP04

Have a good weekend guys :D:):p

Flyingcrow
05-06-2016, 05:36 PM
India-

EB-2 : 01OCT04
EB-3 : 22SEP04

Have a good weekend guys :D:):p

If anybody in this forum talks about hope and crap, they should have been smoking weed.
But now it looks lovely, EB2 and EB1 separated by barely two weeks.

ng2013
05-06-2016, 07:45 PM
If anybody in this forum talks about hope and crap, they should have been smoking weed.

Though I was way down the EB2 queue this new bulletin release has made me lose hope. I don't know if I can wait for 8 years without settling down by not buying house, not deciding where I want to live, not finding a better opportunity for career growth. This is utterly ridiculous .

dipdowndust
05-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Though I was way down the EB2 queue this new bulletin release has made me lose hope. I don't know if I can wait for 8 years without settling down by not buying house, not deciding where I want to live, not finding a better opportunity for career growth. This is utterly ridiculous .

You can always buy house. Lot of people on h1 buy houses. Career growth could be tough due to job mobility and new employer has to agree to keep filing H1b and GC.

This new bulletin shows that EB2 is now EB3. Sudden surge in demand of EB2 is probably due to porting which is unknown data. EB3 folks have to do porting if they want GC in this lifetime. There is no end in sight unless there is major reform and that is not going to happen soon.

vikastaneja
05-06-2016, 08:36 PM
You can always buy house. Lot of people on h1 buy houses. Career growth could be tough due to job mobility and new employer has to agree to keep filing H1b and GC.

This new bulletin shows that EB2 is now EB3. Sudden surge in demand of EB2 is probably due to porting which is unknown data. EB3 folks have to do porting if they want GC in this lifetime. There is no end in sight unless there is major reform and that is not going to happen soon.

I have lost hope in the immigration system here. Even I140EAD is not going to help as my daughter will be aging out for sure.

I will have to find out alternatives like immigrating out from this country to a country where there are fair immigration system... :mad: :mad: :mad:

ng2013
05-06-2016, 09:34 PM

Well my situation is not ideal. Not enough time on H1(living beyond 6 years) , Not living in a city where I would put my roots down. 140-EAD was a ray of hope but that's gone I guess. Retrogressing the EB2 is another major set back. This has been some year for legal immigration ! Looking at the candidates from both parties I must say its not looking good for us.

subbuss
05-07-2016, 10:51 AM
i am one of those who had set up recurring payments, and had just stopped it. anyways, good luck to all.

RandomizedPrecision
05-07-2016, 11:27 AM
It makes no difference to USCIS/DHS and certainly not to AILA/USChamber when u recite ur sob story. These fucks are ruthless assholes that will do everything possible to protect the status quo. So u either stay positive and continue to fight (in whatever way u can) or just get out of this country and control ur future. Staying on the sidelines either ignorant or silently moping doesn't help anyone (including you)

Flyingcrow
05-07-2016, 03:13 PM
It makes no difference to USCIS/DHS and certainly not to AILA/USChamber when u recite ur sob story. These fucks are ruthless assholes that will do everything possible to protect the status quo. So u either stay positive and continue to fight (in whatever way u can) or just get out of this country and control ur future. Staying on the sidelines either ignorant or silently moping doesn't help anyone (including you)

Friend, the false hope of something will happen has ruined my career. everytime I think of moving, I had stayed back that in the next 6 months I will somehow get ead, this is from year 2013. The CIR, HR.213, Executive order - visa modernization, visa gate, and finally screwed up rule making - have spent a lot of money and time in all these, maybe not as much as the IV Core..

Now you want me to hope for the next round of fight and spend time/money for something that might or might not happen, and again stay waiting indefinitely with the false hope?

The bare reality is, no immigration reform is going to happen in the short or long term for the legals. The reason is the only frigging nationals that have a severely backlogged queue is India, and nobody gives a damn about us.

So since this false hope is completely gone now, I will do what I need to get hold of my future. But simply calling for faith and hope is royal BS, and that when IV core has not asked anyone to, if they had something they would have given some update.

And the reason I expressed my views here is to share with fellow forum members and especially IV core, not that USCIS/DOS will hear me. Not sure what made you think otherway.

Anyway goodbye my friend, I am not coming back to this forum anymore to express my views. All the best to you and others on this forum. Signing off.

palciparum
05-07-2016, 08:21 PM
More than 3000 attended conference call but only few donate. Everyone excepts results for FREE. We need lobbyist to help cause. Our community is not united and doesn't wanna spend a dime. How can we except things to happen then?

kichoudh
05-08-2016, 01:24 AM
I personally did feel frustated after seeing the June 16 Bulletin but now I am not frustated any more as I feel that we just have to keep fighting for our rights.

We have to align our mouth, our needs and our purses. We do not have any influence on the democratic election process but we could donate to IV monthly whatever we can.

I do feel continuously frustated that the community does not want to spare a dime on fighting for the Immigration Legislation. Green Card Holders, US Citizens and Legislators of Indian Origin should help their country men too. Look at the Hispanic Origin folks how they all come together.

These are my thoughts tonight. Again I am still a novice trying to understand the whole dynamics and may be misinformed.

greenvisa
05-08-2016, 03:23 AM
Whatever the people can pitch their hopes on, I strongly think there won't be any good news for legal immigrants this year.
The hard reality one should accept is Legislative bills before summer 2017 is a dream or miracle. Even if paul Ryan brings in a bill it can't pass senate due to numerous reasons.
The 140-EAD also seems like it is watered down completely as somebody earlier mentioned that the IV can file CASE based on the arguments of the ongoing DACA, DAPA case. The outcome of I140-EAD rule is also largely dependent on that case and any news before the verdict of DACA or DAPA case is highly unlikely for legal immigrants.
The 1140-EAD rule loses either way as Positive judgement on DACA,DAPA will overload USCIS so I140-EAD rule will not see the light. If negative then Obama doesn't have right to provide EAD so DHS will step back with I140-EAD. So logically this year looks discouraging.

This is just my opinion coming out of frustration. Also, I am just trying to derive the outcome based on the circumstances in the political arena and preying to be wrong on this. :mad::mad::mad:

moon_walker333
05-09-2016, 11:09 AM
I personally did feel frustated after seeing the June 16 Bulletin but now I am not frustated any more as I feel that we just have to keep fighting for our rights.

We have to align our mouth, our needs and our purses. We do not have any influence on the democratic election process but we could donate to IV monthly whatever we can.

I do feel continuously frustated that the community does not want to spare a dime on fighting for the Immigration Legislation. Green Card Holders, US Citizens and Legislators of Indian Origin should help their country men too. Look at the Hispanic Origin folks how they all come together.

These are my thoughts tonight. Again I am still a novice trying to understand the whole dynamics and may be misinformed.

I share your feeling buddy. Unfortunately the unexplained long silence from IV Leads is already showing its consequences. Looks like some have pulled out of their recurring donations. It is 9th of May and I see only $1213 of contributions.

I am gonna keep my recurring donations intact. But, I strongly encourage IV Leads to keep the dialogue going for everyone's sake.

kichoudh
05-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Just came across this. Not sure if IV is involved.

House lawmakers work to replace the hated H-1B lottery | Computerworld (http://www.computerworld.com/article/3071016/h1b/lawmakers-work-to-replace-the-hated-h-1b-lottery.html)

kichoudh
06-04-2016, 06:14 PM
I think a lot of IV Members or folks in anonymous reading this post are looking for updates and are thinking of contributing or not to IV.

I would like to share with you a few things I have noticed in the US. If some Action Line Item is to be considered important then it is something that is always discussed in the context or subject area. If an action Line Item is not discussed then it is not considered important.

If Legislative changes for action items like Per Country Quota removal for Green Cards, EB2-EB3 Backlogs are to be important in the radar of the legislative leaders then there has to be some organization who has to constantly advocate or lobby for it. To advocate or lobby for the above IV is doing a marvelous job. It is one of the few organizations which has never lost sight of its goal to take the sides of 1 Million People who are Backlogged, In Despair and many in frustation at their plight. From what I see they are in every discussion on immigration and they raise Per Country Quota Removal , EB2 Backlogs and HENCE THESE are ALWAYS CONSIDERED Important.

I have increased my contribution to IV and my commitment is that I will provide that funding to IV till we fix this Unfair Immigration Rules even if I get my GC through the hopeless Visa Bulletins.

If you are a backlogged Immigrant like me I earnestly request to do so too - Lets get the Best of the Breed Thought Leaders, Lobbyists on this to help us through our contributions.

If you are a GC Holder or Citizen please help your Friends and Country Men in this time of Need.

nvedia
06-05-2016, 11:38 AM
I think a lot of IV Members or folks in anonymous reading this post are looking for updates and are thinking of contributing or not to IV.

I would like to share with you a few things I have noticed in the US. If some Action Line Item is to be considered important then it is something that is always discussed in the context or subject area. If an action Line Item is not discussed then it is not considered important.

If Legislative changes for action items like Per Country Quota removal for Green Cards, EB2-EB3 Backlogs are to be important in the radar of the legislative leaders then there has to be some organization who has to constantly advocate or lobby for it. To advocate or lobby for the above IV is doing a marvelous job. It is one of the few organizations which has never lost sight of its goal to take the sides of 1 Million People who are Backlogged, In Despair and many in frustation at their plight. From what I see they are in every discussion on immigration and they raise Per Country Quota Removal , EB2 Backlogs and HENCE THESE are ALWAYS CONSIDERED Important.

I have increased my contribution to IV and my commitment is that I will provide that funding to IV till we fix this Unfair Immigration Rules even if I get my GC through the hopeless Visa Bulletins.

If you are a backlogged Immigrant like me I earnestly request to do so too - Lets get the Best of the Breed Thought Leaders, Lobbyists on this to help us through our contributions.

If you are a GC Holder or Citizen please help your Friends and Country Men in this time of Need.

All what you say is fine but the question still remains
Why there are no updates or any news from IV?
Do you think updates once a month is a big deal?
Updates like "no updates from us, but we are working on different things, or its not right time for action or secretly we are doing something etc" is also fine
But no response at all from IV makes everyone insecure on whats going on
Blindly support IV without any communication (I am not saying outcome) for long time is really hard

bims_patel
06-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Agree, there has to be some kind of communication from IV about what is going on. I read a post on FB today from a group fighting for the same cause(I believe) that I-140 EAD is dead as it doesn't benefit almost everyone and that happened due to mostly negative public comments. Does that sound true? I think they should change the rule and come back with a stronger version which would atleast help 50% of the population, if not all.

Removing per country quota for GC, no updates on that as well. I was the only one hopeful among most of my friends lost hope very early. But I am now tired of waiting and waiting for any update on that front, thinking that it will never come to floor for votes.

IV, please share or at least give us a hint if something positive is going to happen in next few months.

Ramalingam
06-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Agree, there has to be some kind of communication from IV about what is going on. I read a post on FB today from a group fighting for the same cause(I believe) that I-140 EAD is dead as it doesn't benefit almost everyone and that happened due to mostly negative public comments. Does that sound true? I think they should change the rule and come back with a stronger version which would atleast help 50% of the population, if not all.

Removing per country quota for GC, no updates on that as well. I was the only one hopeful among most of my friends lost hope very early. But I am now tired of waiting and waiting for any update on that front, thinking that it will never come to floor for votes.

IV, please share or at least give us a hint if something positive is going to happen in next few months.

What if IV does not have any update? It is possible that no one knew what is happening in the rule making. After comment period they have to consider each and every comment either by accepting or rejecting those comments. How can anyone expect IV will know what will happen in rule making. Anything can happen in rule making .They can predict or guess. Removal of country quota is by passing bill and even that is not predictable

Administrator2
06-07-2016, 01:18 AM

Thanks Kichoudh, for keeping the faith. We appreciate it much.

Your already seem to understand well, which is why we need your help to explain it to a few others that there are not always things that we can share in the open even though we would want too. If it was for IV, this issue would have been fix 10 years back. But things move slower in the political realm, especially when there are party primaries, elections, presidential politics and other forces that are acting at the same time.

Kichoudh, we need your help to tell this to a few others that we do read some of the absolutely useless speculations that some people post online. Freedom of speech is a good thing. But BS’ing online is not helping anyone. Please tell a few others that we think it is unwise to respond to everything that anyone says online. We have limited time and energy, and we would rather spend that time and energy wisely to push for solution to our issues.

Kichoudh, could you please help tell a few others that they have probably come to the wrong place if they expect us to provide a running commentary of what is going on behind the scene. Giving running commentary on open web will make less people want to talk to us, and such updates will limit our ability to work on our issues effectively. Therefore, for those out there who think that IV is a radio channel that will broadcast non-sense updates, well, you are thinking of lawyer website, not IV. What is the point of BS updates on lawyer’s websites? Have those “updates” done anything for anyone? Or perhaps some people want us to give BS updates every few days, just like lawyer websites do. Sorry that we can’t do that. But those folks wanting BS updates, they are free to visit lawyer websites for all the juicy gossip.

Kichoudh, we also need your help to tell others that real fixes will take some time, longer than a few weeks. And when there will be updates to share, rest assured we will surely share those updates. But then are periods of times when there are a lot of backroom discussions and not as many updates to share. That is how the politics works. That is how things operate in the real world. You already understand this Kichoudh, but could you please ask others to display as much maturity as you do.

Not sure if you have noticed Kichoudh, but some people seem to think and propagate this non-sense that IV is not giving updates so IV is the reason why people are stuck in backlog. It is upon the people stuck in the backlog to use their own mind to see right from wrong. We have no desire to prove that we are sincerely working even when there are no specific updates to share, that is the nature of politics and our issues.

Kichoudh, we need your help to tell others that useless facebooking, tweeting, lawyer worshiping and bs date tracking will not get anyone anything sooner. For real action, get outside of the websites and get into the real world to advocate for real fixes. Here is the link to the guide to utilizing your time wisely to make a difference for yourself -
H.R.213 District Advocacy Guide (http://bit.ly/iv-advocacy-guide)

Kichoudh, Thanks again for your maturity. I am sure others can get a lot out it too, but of’course, only if they wanted

Eadfor I140
06-07-2016, 02:28 AM
Hello,

Do all here believe on their will be justice for Alien Worker? When the word "Alien" itself says the workers are not Welcome.

HR 213 might fix ; but to fix will required motive. Is their Motive to fix Broken Immigration System? Undocumented are on road & has number on their side.
They might get EAD this month. But what about us who just here stuck in white collar slavery .

We don't listen to child unless child cry. A child can understand that. We are grown up & know better.
Modernization of Slavery ( I-140 EAD ) still stuck in a no man land.

After writing to Governor and Senator , their is no progress. Now we are in a situation where we will not able to drive due to H1B delays for months.

What will be the way out of this Deadlock?

messengerofgod
06-07-2016, 07:20 AM
Hello,

Do all here believe on their will be justice for Alien Worker? When the word "Alien" itself says the workers are not Welcome.

HR 213 might fix ; but to fix will required motive. Is their Motive to fix Broken Immigration System? Undocumented are on road & has number on their side.
They might get EAD this month. But what about us who just here stuck in white collar slavery .

We don't listen to child unless child cry. A child can understand that. We are grown up & know better.
Modernization of Slavery ( I-140 EAD ) still stuck in a no man land.

After writing to Governor and Senator , their is no progress. Now we are in a situation where we will not able to drive due to H1B delays for months.

What will be the way out of this Deadlock?

I agree with you that there will be no justice unless we speak up. As you said, no one listens to a child unless the child cries.

In my view, If nothing is happening, then it simply means that too many of us are complaining to each other on blogs, forums and social media while not enough of us are complaining to the people that really matter - lawmakers.

I also agree with Administrator2, that the only way out of this deadlock is when enough people get frustrated enough to get off the internet and start taking action in the real world. Even though HR.213 seems like it is stuck, it is a great vehicle for us to use to talk about our problems.

If we go and talk about our problems without offering a solution, then lawmakers will just say "tough luck". But IV has worked very hard on a solition that we should use as a vehicle to raise awareness of our problem. If enough of us complain to the people that really matter, and if we show them there is a bipartisan fix that can pass in HR.213, something might actually get done.

Obert
06-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Administrator2,

Very timely clarification and one that would set the expectations of folks right too.

People need to show maturity while dealing with a sensitive topic of "legal immigration" during these times when a lot is going on no only on this country but globally. Immigration has become a complex issues for all major economies of the world, more so in the US when the environment is politically charged.

We need to be cognizant of these issues and respect the sensibilities of others, if we want to continue discuss it online. Else, we'd be doing more harm than good to our cause.

While the expectation of getting the updates from IV is understood, the way some of the folks express themselves and even blame IV for current situation is totally unacceptable and uncalled for.

The sensitivity and complexity of the issues involved, demand a mature handling of the subject and patience to wait for things to shape up and not the unnecessary criticism of a group of friends that have been working for the cause, without much of support from the very same folks that will finally get the benefit. IV should at least be morally supported by us. Better, if we can support financially too and best, if we could actively support it by working with them.

Otherwise, it'd serve the interest of such impatient and selfish persons to simply quit here and go visit other sites that they find beneficial to them. It's time these guys stopped BSing the cause that IV has been fighting for.

KEEP THE FAITH!! STAND UNITED!!
WE SHALL OVERCOME!!

Thanks
Obert

RandomizedPrecision
06-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Administrator2,

Very timely clarification and one that would set the expectations of folks right too.

People need to show maturity while dealing with a sensitive topic of "legal immigration" during these times when a lot is going on no only on this country but globally. Immigration has become a complex issues for all major economies of the world, more so in the US when the environment is politically charged.

We need to be cognizant of these issues and respect the sensibilities of others, if we want to continue discuss it online. Else, we'd be doing more harm than good to our cause.

While the expectation of getting the updates from IV is understood, the way some of the folks express themselves and even blame IV for current situation is totally unacceptable and uncalled for.

The sensitivity and complexity of the issues involved, demand a mature handling of the subject and patience to wait for things to shape up and not the unnecessary criticism of a group of friends that have been working for the cause, without much of support from the very same folks that will finally get the benefit. IV should at least be morally supported by us. Better, if we can support financially too and best, if we could actively support it by working with them.

Otherwise, it'd serve the interest of such impatient and selfish persons to simply quit here and go visit other sites that they find beneficial to them. It's time these guys stopped BSing the cause that IV has been fighting for.

KEEP THE FAITH!! STAND UNITED!!
WE SHALL OVERCOME!!

Thanks
Obert

Good that you decided to jump in rather than just staying on the sidelines.

racoon786
06-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Rule making process is slow and lengthy if you hadn't noticed the H4-EAD process. Stop questioning motives of IV and let them continue their mission to help us. There are somethings that can be said in the the open and some behind closed doors since we all know douche anti immigrant groups are watching these forums to find ways to screw us. Keep your cards close to your chest I say.

imslavehere
06-08-2016, 02:31 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2016-12906.pdf

Page 4
Sequence no 152

Eadfor I140
06-09-2016, 07:38 PM
This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.

There was an important job needed to be done and Eeverybody was asked to do it.

Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but nobody did it.

Somebody get angry because it was Everybody’s job.

Everybody thought Anybody would realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.

IT ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody, when Nobody did it what Anybody could have done. !!!!!!!!!!

stuckinline
06-09-2016, 08:27 PM
This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.

IT ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody, when Nobody did it what Anybody could have done. !!!!!!!!!!

How many Advocacy days have you attended? How many times have you called your Congressman?

abcdgc
06-09-2016, 08:30 PM

Seriously? If anybody could have done immigration bill, then why did you not say so? And you kept this secret all this time?????

If anybody could have done immigration bill, then why did you not do it already????

Eadfor I140
06-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Hello All,

We all the time take about High Skill immigration!. We are serious about it; but undocumented are on road for taking State on ride.

Is their other country in world that America which keep Legal Workers at Bay and pamper undocumented? Lets look are Pro Immigrant state like California. CA DMV does not issue temporary driver license if you are waiting in queue for USCIS bureaucracy.
But they welcome Undocumented. Give them driver license without question. I called up DMV policy guys when I had problem. They said that is their policy.

The fact when analysis is done about the actions tell the truth. We need to analysis what we are doing wrong instead of just that we are taking appropriate actions. The evidence tells the truth.
Hope will keep you alive; but hope is finally hopes. They are not the material truth.

I have no intention of offending anyone; but we are all techie. We are good at keyboard. Why not use it as a way to express our voice? Don't be shame as Key Board Warrior.
This is age of Internet of Things. Lets use Facebook , twitter and other possible social media to voice our concern. We don't have big number like Undocumented on the road; but we do have vision & thought goes along with it.
Lets use social media for our rights !!!!!!!!!!!

messengerofgod
06-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Hello All,

We all the time take about High Skill immigration!. We are serious about it; but undocumented are on road for taking State on ride.

Is their other country in world that America which keep Legal Workers at Bay and pamper undocumented? Lets look are Pro Immigrant state like California. CA DMV does not issue temporary driver license if you are waiting in queue for USCIS bureaucracy.
But they welcome Undocumented. Give them driver license without question. I called up DMV policy guys when I had problem. They said that is their policy.

The fact when analysis is done about the actions tell the truth. We need to analysis what we are doing wrong instead of just that we are taking appropriate actions. The evidence tells the truth.
Hope will keep you alive; but hope is finally hopes. They are not the material truth.

I have no intention of offending anyone; but we are all techie. We are good at keyboard. Why not use it as a way to express our voice? Don't be shame as Key Board Warrior.
This is age of Internet of Things. Lets use Facebook , twitter and other possible social media to voice our concern. We don't have big number like Undocumented on the road; but we do have vision & thought goes along with it.
Lets use social media for our rights !!!!!!!!!!!

That absolutely right Eadfor I140. We must stand upstairs for our rights.

We not visit Lawmakers - who not make laws. We keep hope alive by tweeting at one-another and express our voice. We can also post on one-another walls.

But we must never go to lawmakers office to talk about problem - because lawmaker Rakshasa. Rakshasa Lawmakers rape you in the asshole if you dare go to office. So don't take risk of getting raped. Stay home, protect asshole and tweet and facebook.

No shame being keyboard warrior. Myself proud of being keyboard warrior - like you! Keyboard warrior asshole safe from Rakshasa lawmakers. My asshole - virgin asshole - like yours.

We tweet, Facebook and sign petition here :cool:

Eadfor I140
06-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Remember that this is a public forum. By adding any data, comment or information, you are assuming that this may be visible to other users of this social network and the Bank.

2.We request that you speak in the first person and that you add value to your comments by providing information and contrasting perspectives. Remember that you are responsible for your contributions and for any possible consequences to your image and reputation. If you have any doubts, it is better to refrain from making a contribution.

3.This space provides a forum for an exchange of views or constructive debate; however it is not the appropriate setting for creating disputes, to discredit other users or third parties, or to lodge complaints or grievances which should be made through the specific channels established by the Bank for that purpose.

4.Treat other users with respect; use appropriate and correct language and act as though you are in the presence of the other person.

messengerofgod
06-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Remember that this is a public forum. By adding any data, comment or information, you are assuming that this may be visible to other users of this social network and the Bank.

2.We request that you speak in the first person and that you add value to your comments by providing information and contrasting perspectives. Remember that you are responsible for your contributions and for any possible consequences to your image and reputation. If you have any doubts, it is better to refrain from making a contribution.

3.This space provides a forum for an exchange of views or constructive debate; however it is not the appropriate setting for creating disputes, to discredit other users or third parties, or to lodge complaints or grievances which should be made through the specific channels established by the Bank for that purpose.

4.Treat other users with respect; use appropriate and correct language and act as though you are in the presence of the other person.

Sorry If I hurt your feeling Ji. I thought I was being very polite Sir Ji.

Can you please tell me where IV Admins have said that tweetar and farcebook were useful?

Infact Administrator2 said that (s)he wants us to meet our Congressman: http://bit.ly/iv-advocacy-guide

If you take the trouble to look around, there are many posts here on how tweetar, social media and petitions distract from people doing meaningful work.

I bet your one of the "petition masters" - running around from site to site saying "please sign petition" :D - Am I wrong?

Eadfor I140
06-10-2016, 07:18 PM
“In the beginning, God created the earth, and he looked upon it in His cosmic loneliness.

And God said, "Let Us make living creatures out of mud, so the mud can see what We have done." And God created every living creature that now moveth, and one was man. Mud as man alone could speak. God leaned close to mud as man sat up, looked around, and spoke. Man blinked. "What is the purpose of all this?" he asked politely.

"Everything must have a purpose?" asked God.

"Certainly," said man.

"Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this," said God.

And He went away.”

Ramalingam
06-10-2016, 11:57 PM
“In the beginning, God created the earth, and he looked upon it in His cosmic loneliness.

And God said, "Let Us make living creatures out of mud, so the mud can see what We have done." And God created every living creature that now moveth, and one was man. Mud as man alone could speak. God leaned close to mud as man sat up, looked around, and spoke. Man blinked. "What is the purpose of all this?" he asked politely.

"Certainly," said man.

And He went away.”

The bill to be introduced by Lofgren has the removal of country quota. 6 months to go in the congress.

Draft bill would boost H-1B worker pay for big visa users | Computerworld (http://www.computerworld.com/article/3082668/it-careers/draft-bill-would-boost-h-1b-worker-pay-for-big-visa-users.html)

messengerofgod
06-10-2016, 11:59 PM

"Certainly," said man.

And He went away.”

Naughty boy. No EAD for you!!!

You do nothing but tweet, email and excuses.

Your purpose is to make your owner rich :D

DCToGC
06-11-2016, 12:19 AM
Just thought of sharing this, bill introduce to reduce FB visas and increase EB GCs by 80%

https://riponadvance.com/stories/rice-introduces-bill-to-revamp-immigration-system-to-promote-global-competitiveness

Eadfor I140
06-11-2016, 01:49 AM
H.R.5398 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)

50 % increase in Employment based Visa . Another Hope :)

SEC. 102. Increased limits for certain employment-based visas.

Section 203(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(b)) is amended—

(1) in paragraph (3)(B), by striking “10,000” and inserting “15,500”;

(2) in paragraph (4), by striking “5,000” and inserting “7,750”; and

(3) in paragraph (5)(B)(i), by striking “3,000” and inserting “4,650”.

Flyingcrow
06-15-2016, 05:09 PM
Where did immivoice go? Been more than 3 months since the last call.
Did 140 ead rule making get screwed up with our flood of negative comments.
Come on Immivoice, being low and silent makes no sense.

- 3rd year anniversary of CIR passing in senate soon.
Nothing is going to happen with that atleast for another year or two may be, even for HR213.

- The litigation wound up as expected.

- Flower campaigns just costed us more greenbills.

- All the negative comments on 140 rule, might jeopardize even the basic shit they had in the rule.
This is the last hope now, I am fine with irrevocable 140 enabling h1 extensions without new PERM/140, better than nothing.

ImmiVoice, what are you upto? Admins, does not matter if you have lost, come out and tell its all fucked up. Hiding in the drain is not helping the cause.

tspiv
06-15-2016, 05:57 PM
I'm not related to IV. But, isn't it obvious there is nothing much to do at this point (govt. change) other than getting our basics right. Which in my opinion is to visit our local Congressman, and try to gain support for legal immigration.

RandomizedPrecision
06-15-2016, 06:29 PM

Nothing is going to happen with that atleast for another year or two may be, even for HR213.

- All the negative comments on 140 rule, might jeopardize even the basic shit they had in the rule.
This is the last hope now, I am fine with irrevocable 140 enabling h1 extensions without new PERM/140, better than nothing.

ImmiVoice, what are you upto? Admins, does not matter if you have lost, come out and tell its all fucked up. Hiding in the drain is not helping the cause.
Pipe down - we're all in the same boat. U can always choose to act and talk to your congressman independent of what is going on with IV.

They have published their rule making agenda for the Summer and this rule is in it. So rest assured it is going to come out and get finalized and not likely to be canned.

I attended the call with the USCIS director a few weeks ago and he said that the rule is imminent but would come out sometime after this week. He could not comment on the rule because it is being finalized and I believe IV is not commenting about it for the same reason. Eitherway, even if IV knew something I would not want them to comment on an open forum because we know the fucking vultures are always swarming and can try to sabotage whatever we might get.

foia
06-16-2016, 09:07 AM

No offense but what difference will it make to tell you that nothing is gonna happen? You came back just to seek a negative news?

stuckinline
06-16-2016, 09:44 AM

I used to think like you - just take what they throw at you and be happy. But that is the wrong attitude.

How can you ask for anything from anyone - if you yourself don't feel like you deserve it?

This negative defeatist attitude is the reason people like Amy Nice time-and-time again think they can hijack legislation and regulation to keep us in indentured servitude - WITH NO CONSEQUNCES.

I think they expected us to be happy with what they threw us and for us to salute them and thank them for their hard work on producing 180 pages of bullshit.

But, this time with IV's leadership, we threw it back in their faces and showed some backbone. We atleast have a fighting chance to get something reasonable out of the regulation.

I guarantee you if this regulation gets thrown out (which I hope it does) or they have to do another regulation for a different reason, they won't try to screw us again like that.

I am very proud of our communities response to that fucking regulation.

Flyingcrow
06-16-2016, 10:07 AM
No offense but what difference will it make to tell you that nothing is gonna happen? You came back just to seek a negative news?

Dear Foia,

Couple of things,

a) My post was not to seek negative message, but the 3 months of Immi Voice silence sends me the message the organization has been dissolved, that by itself is negative message from Immivoice. (I had been active here one way or the other from 2012, so i am not a newbie.)

b) Yes even the information "nothing is going to happen" - in specific with i140 rule here is important to many like me here, who are on the edge fearing a layoff still sticking with the company believing the 140 rule will come, so that their i140 will be forged in Titanium and then they can jump. (This is not a story I am spinning of my head, I have two friends who are in this scenario.) For having trusted in immivoice for so long, they atleast deserve an update.

c) As your name suggest, foia is freedom of information act. People need information, whether it is positive or negative. And before you jump on me, I am not here seeking confidential information. All I am seeking is some kind of an update, that will just this message that, Immivoice is still alive. Immivoice is indeed our beacon of hope.

Btw, are you IV core, or were you ever a volunteer or just a free wheel defender of the free world? I don't recognize you.

Though my previous post mind sound harsh, (it became harsher due to the dead silence), indeed I was 1000% more gentle back in 2012 when I first joined.

Flyingcrow
06-16-2016, 10:15 AM
I used to think like you - just take what they throw at you and be happy. But that is the wrong attitude.

How can you ask for anything from anyone - if you yourself don't feel like you deserve it?

This negative defeatist attitude is the reason people like Amy Nice time-and-time again think they can hijack legislation and regulation to keep us in indentured servitude - WITH NO CONSEQUNCES.

I think they expected us to be happy with what they threw us and for us to salute them and thank them for their hard work on producing 180 pages of bullshit.

But, this time with IV's leadership, we threw it back in their faces and showed some backbone. We atleast have a fighting chance to get something reasonable out of the regulation.

I guarantee you if this regulation gets thrown out (which I hope it does) or they have to do another regulation for a different reason, they won't try to screw us again like that.

I am very proud of our communities response to that fucking regulation.

Do you know what, you can bark all you want. But when you know you can get it the way you want, you can negotiate and then try to arrive at a compromise. But if the negotiation goes up, and if all is lost, people who had been waiting for long cannot dream about the bigger picture and be happy. If IV was able to negotiate behind the scene for something great or atleast leave it where it was, many people hanging on thin ropes will appreciate that. But if nothing gets done, and everything goes to back status quo for another 2-3 yrs, if you see it for practical reasons, people hanging on ropes are not going to be there when the next set of rule making happens. There is a big picture and then there is this immediate relief. Just like DACA/DAPA which are not permanent solutions, but just temporary relief.

Flyingcrow
06-16-2016, 10:18 AM
Dear Foia,

Couple of things,

a) My post was not to seek negative message, but the 3 months of Immi Voice silence sends me the message the organization has been dissolved, that by itself is negative message from Immivoice. (I had been active here one way or the other from 2012, so i am not a newbie.)

b) Yes even the information "nothing is going to happen" - in specific with i140 rule here is important to many like me here, who are on the edge fearing a layoff still sticking with the company believing the 140 rule will come, so that their i140 will be forged in Titanium and then they can jump. (This is not a story I am spinning of my head, I have two friends who are in this scenario.) For having trusted in immivoice for so long, they atleast deserve an update.

c) As your name suggest, foia is freedom of information act. People need information, whether it is positive or negative. And before you jump on me, I am not here seeking confidential information. All I am seeking is some kind of an update, that will just this message that, Immivoice is still alive. Immivoice is indeed our beacon of hope.

Btw, are you IV core, or were you ever a volunteer or just a free wheel defender of the free world? I don't recognize you.

Though my previous post mind sound harsh, (it became harsher due to the dead silence), indeed I was 1000% more gentle back in 2012 when I first joined.

Typo:
Though my previous post might sound harsh, (it became harsher due to the dead silence, I was 1000% more gentle back in 2012 when I first joined), I am an ardent supported of immivoice.

foia
06-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Dear Foia,

Couple of things,

Hey, my response wan't intended to offend you. I saw one of your post that you said you are leaving this forum and the next post is this asking for update. If you see last week or so, Admin2 made a very detailed post as a reply to @KiChoudh, so it is not like they are not responding, just that they might now have something to say as of now. Believe me whatever admin2 is doing is for good for you and me. And I know you are a very much contributing member here, and it doesn't matter who you are I are, we are all in this together.

Sorry if I offended you, but IV is just you and me together, none outsider.

Flyingcrow
06-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Hey, my response wan't intended to offend you. I saw one of your post that you said you are leaving this forum and the next post is this asking for update. If you see last week or so, Admin2 made a very detailed post as a reply to @KiChoudh, so it is not like they are not responding, just that they might now have something to say as of now. Believe me whatever admin2 is doing is for good for you and me. And I know you are a very much contributing member here, and it doesn't matter who you are I are, we are all in this together.

Sorry if I offended you, but IV is just you and me together, none outsider.

Thats okay no offense taken. I just explained my stand. Yes I came back after a long time, urged by a scenario, (my friend who had been in US for 10 yrs, will be laid off this month end or next, and he was eagerly waiting for this rule to come up to atleast get the 140 forged).

I missed the update by admin to KiChoudh, thanks for pointing to that, I will read it up.

stuckinline
06-16-2016, 10:49 AM
Do you know what, you can bark all you want. But when you know you can get it the way you want, you can negotiate and then try to arrive at a compromise. But if the negotiation goes up, and if all is lost, people who had been waiting for long cannot dream about the bigger picture and be happy. If IV was able to negotiate behind the scene for something great or atleast leave it where it was, many people hanging on thin ropes will appreciate that. But if nothing gets done, and everything goes to back status quo for another 2-3 yrs, if you see it for practical reasons, people hanging on ropes are not going to be there when the next set of rule making happens. There is a big picture and then there is this immediate relief. Just like DACA/DAPA which are not permanent solutions, but just temporary relief.

What the hell - "Barking"?

Firstly, as RandomizedPrecision said,

The rule is still on the rulemaking agenda.
USCIS director on a call confirmed that the rule was still happening.

I understand you must be under a lot of stress at this time, but IV has to make decisions based on our collective interests as a community.

We were promised EAD - we got table scraps. If those table scraps fix your current problems at this time - it doesn't mean that once your current problems are fixed you won't regret the instant gratification or the rest of us are happy with the peanuts they threw our way.

What we really need and what was promised is full blown EAD. If IV had not pushed back against the regulation we would have had zero chances of them fixing it - atleast now there is a chance that they will - atleast improve it.

There is no evidence IV's push-back caused any delay - but even if IV's push-back caused a delay, I think most of us would we willing to wait a few extra months for them to give us what they promised.

Lastly, maybe you missed Administrator2's post:
Thanks Kichoudh, for keeping the faith. We appreciate it much.

Your already seem to understand well, which is why we need your help to explain it to a few others that there are not always things that we can share in the open even though we would want too. If it was for IV, this issue would have been fix 10 years back. But things move slower in the political realm, especially when there are party primaries, elections, presidential politics and other forces that are acting at the same time.

Kichoudh, we need your help to tell this to a few others that we do read some of the absolutely useless speculations that some people post online. Freedom of speech is a good thing. But BS’ing online is not helping anyone. Please tell a few others that we think it is unwise to respond to everything that anyone says online. We have limited time and energy, and we would rather spend that time and energy wisely to push for solution to our issues.

Kichoudh, could you please help tell a few others that they have probably come to the wrong place if they expect us to provide a running commentary of what is going on behind the scene. Giving running commentary on open web will make less people want to talk to us, and such updates will limit our ability to work on our issues effectively. Therefore, for those out there who think that IV is a radio channel that will broadcast non-sense updates, well, you are thinking of lawyer website, not IV. What is the point of BS updates on lawyer’s websites? Have those “updates” done anything for anyone? Or perhaps some people want us to give BS updates every few days, just like lawyer websites do. Sorry that we can’t do that. But those folks wanting BS updates, they are free to visit lawyer websites for all the juicy gossip.

Kichoudh, we also need your help to tell others that real fixes will take some time, longer than a few weeks. And when there will be updates to share, rest assured we will surely share those updates. But then are periods of times when there are a lot of backroom discussions and not as many updates to share. That is how the politics works. That is how things operate in the real world. You already understand this Kichoudh, but could you please ask others to display as much maturity as you do.

Not sure if you have noticed Kichoudh, but some people seem to think and propagate this non-sense that IV is not giving updates so IV is the reason why people are stuck in backlog. It is upon the people stuck in the backlog to use their own mind to see right from wrong. We have no desire to prove that we are sincerely working even when there are no specific updates to share, that is the nature of politics and our issues.

Kichoudh, we need your help to tell others that useless facebooking, tweeting, lawyer worshiping and bs date tracking will not get anyone anything sooner. For real action, get outside of the websites and get into the real world to advocate for real fixes. Here is the link to the guide to utilizing your time wisely to make a difference for yourself -
H.R.213 District Advocacy Guide (http://bit.ly/iv-advocacy-guide)

Kichoudh, Thanks again for your maturity. I am sure others can get a lot out it too, but of’course, only if they wanted

Flyingcrow
06-16-2016, 10:57 AM
I read through, admin's update after foia pointed out. Thanks.

Its neither about gratification, nor about rejoice in freedom, its just about saving our back that is on fire and all the emotions that go along with it.

As I pointed out, I am not seeking updates on behind the door conversations, or running radio update or anything of that sort. All I was interested in was, if IV is active, and was trying to seek information if my two friends, should wait for this rule for a month more, they don't have several months to leisurely wait. They will be laid off after 10 yrs of working for a company in a couple of weeks.

stuckinline
06-16-2016, 11:08 AM

Its neither about gratification, nor about rejoice in freedom, its just about saving our back that is on fire and all the emotions that go along with it.

As I pointed out, I am not seeking updates on behind the door conversations, or running radio update or anything of that sort. All I was interested in was, if IV is active, and was trying to seek information if my two friends, should wait for this rule for a month more, they don't have several months to leisurely wait. They will be laid off after 10 yrs of working for a company in a couple of weeks.

I am not a lawyer, I am not IV or speaking on behalf of IV, but I would advice your friend to transfer to a new employer and get a 3 year H1-B as soon as possible. He should also negotiate with the future employer to start the process of getting a new I-140 ASAP.

History has shown us that the Administration has been very unreliable negotiating partners (May 4th Announcement, Making dates current/Get your papers ready and now I-140 EAD).

Even if IV did know something, I don't blame them for staying quiet - they are in a tough place. If they shared news, the Administration could backtrack at any time thus screwing IV and everybody that relies on IV.

Imagine if IV has good news which they shared and, your friend stayed at his job based on IV's advice - but in the end, Administration back-tracks -- then your friends future could get ruined.

IV is in a very tough position regarding this regulation. Given how every word that they say is analyzed and over analyzed for hidden meaning - I totally understand why they do not want to say anything.

stuckinline
06-16-2016, 11:28 AM
History has shown us that the Administration has been very unreliable negotiating partners (May 4th Announcement, Making dates current/Get your papers ready and now I-140 EAD).

Forgot the the Visa bulletin - which is total contrast to how the Bush Administration handled the same issue.

foia
06-16-2016, 12:55 PM

As @StuckInLine pointed out, expectations from this admin are remote. In any case, the rule is not gonna be available in a few weeks' time (for your friends' case), They would have to find H1B transfer options and even if rule comes, it would take time to be available for use. So, bext scenario for your friends is to quickly find new sponsor and negotiate with the current employer to at least keep the I-140 active until the H1B transfer is through. All the best to your friends !!!

kichoudh
06-16-2016, 11:47 PM
Friends - Please do not forget to put in the Monthly recurring contributions. Funds are very important for furthering the cause.

In every discussion on Immigration Reform or Rule Making be it R or D, we need call-outs on Green Card Backlogs and the plight of a Million People.

stuckinline
06-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Friends - Please do not forget to put in the Monthly recurring contributions. Funds are very important for furthering the cause.

In every discussion on Immigration Reform or Rule Making be it R or D, we need call-outs on Green Card Backlogs and the plight of a Million People.
No one gives a shit about doing anything meaningful.

They will join large, useless Facebook groups and lawyers forums to grumble about things that they can't control.

Ask them to visit their Congressman or donate $1/day ($30/month) and everyone will be quiet.

There is one large group of facebook idiots that wanted to start a Twitter campaign at Modi - at Modi!!! The one person whose political fortune depends on the outsourcers business model of keeping us as indentured servants - these brilliant people want him to help :confused:. If these idiots had gone visited their Congressman instead, it would have done more to raise awareness for this issue (with someone who can actually help) than all those wasted tweets. Not only that, once they were done visiting their Congressman, these idiots would have been able to pursue other life-goals instead of wasting time on in these Facebook groups.

tspiv
06-17-2016, 10:47 PM
No one gives a shit about doing anything meaningful.

They will join large, useless Facebook groups and lawyers forums to grumble about things that they can't control.

Ask them to visit their Congressman or donate $1/day ($30/month) and everyone will be quiet.

There is one large group of facebook idiots that wanted to start a Twitter campaign at Modi - at Modi!!! The one person whose political fortune depends on the outsourcers business model of keeping us as indentured servants - these brilliant people want him to help :confused:. If these idiots had gone visited their Congressman instead, it would have done more to raise awareness for this issue (with someone who can actually help) than all those wasted tweets. Not only that, once they were done visiting their Congressman, these idiots would have been able to pursue other life-goals instead of wasting time on in these Facebook groups.

I was part of one such FB group for few weeks. It was so depressing to see the level of ignorance running around. I'll not be surprised if few of those folks venture such a path. Like, dear Modi, please help us renounce Indian citizenship, and help us become a USA citizens.

kichoudh
06-24-2016, 04:06 PM
We knew in the current political atmosphere "Immigration Reform" will be a hot topic for November and next year. The importance of reform has increased by leaps and bounds by the deadlock ruling yesterday.

To make sure that Legal Immigration Reform and Green Cards Backlogs is discussed and added to future bills please continue monthly recurring contributions to Immigration Voice. To make sure Green Card Backlogs is in FOCUS in every discussion and HENCE considered IMPORTANT we need to fight...

Lets contribute and talk about contributions loud and clear in this Thread because this Thread is about "Action Item: Monthly Goal . ... etc"

When you contribute as a backlogged Immigrant please ask your friends and family, community members who are Green Card Holders, Citizens or backlogged Immigrants also to contribute.

We need to learn from the Latino community and how they all come together for their cause.

Please.. Please do contribute.. I have done my part already.

LAGUY
06-27-2016, 11:21 PM
Friends I agree that only IV forum is not enough.we need to post IV donation goals on the
FB page and also reach out our friends personally for contribution. I started reaching out to my colleagues and friends on this . I am Los Angeles and willing to work with others on this .

kichoudh
07-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Indian Community in US has highest Average Income of 100K +.

Please open up your purses for yourself and your community to fight the unfair Immigration Laws. This has to be done in the real world meeting real people more funds will help IV to fight.

An example of how this hurts us us One of my acquaintances had his fathers Demise in India. The daughter could not go to India for last rites because there is a 2 month wait for Visa Stamping right now along with uncertainty of visa rejection.
Who knows it could be you or me next time?

Please setup recurring contributions on IV and post in this Forum indicating that you did so. Please ask Community Members Citizens, GC Holders or backlogged Immigrants also to contribute.

100K + Club members can spend $100 Monthly for our cause either for own self/family or community.

If you look at Latino Community they are not in the 100K + Club but they look out for one another. We should salute them and take a cue.

Vagabond
07-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Check this video out.. especially last 5 minutes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFICHjX9HDg