PDA

View Full Version : More Co-Sponsors for HR213 Is Good But Will Not Move It Forward!

sfben
01-07-2016, 01:05 AM
I have run some statistics on a lot of H.R. XXX Rules. Guess what I found.

There are plenty of bills with 100s of co-sponsors and they still die and never move forward to become law.

Just having more co-sponsors IS NOT ENOUGH for this bill to move forward! Politics does not work like that in DC.

IV, please do not stop at gathering more co-sponsors. Please pressure these congressmen to move this bill as soon as possible for a vote. Ask them what they can do to help bring this to a vote and why there was absolutely no progress in the entire year of 2015 on this bill. Talk about the urgency of this bill now that I-140 EAD is DEAD.

Please inform them about the failed I-140 EAD reform. Ask them if there is anything they can do to bring investigation to DHS. Ask them if they can push White House to demand an explanation from DHS.

Thank you, IV.

RandomizedPrecision
01-07-2016, 10:07 AM
I have run some statistics on a lot of H.R. XXX Rules. Guess what I found.

There are plenty of bills with 100s of co-sponsors and they still die and never move forward to become law.

Just having more co-sponsors IS NOT ENOUGH for this bill to move forward! Politics does not work like that in DC.

IV, please do not stop at gathering more co-sponsors. Please pressure these congressmen to move this bill as soon as possible for a vote. Ask them what they can do to help bring this to a vote and why there was absolutely no progress in the entire year of 2015 on this bill. Talk about the urgency of this bill now that I-140 EAD is DEAD.

Please inform them about the failed I-140 EAD reform. Ask them if there is anything they can do to bring investigation to DHS. Ask them if they can push White House to demand an explanation from DHS.

Thank you, IV.
And your enlightening post is supposed to do what? I don't speak for IV but whatever you're asking IV to do with your brilliant ideas, you can do yourself too. So please act on it and show us all the way.

If Aman knew about the watering down of the rule months before anyone did, you have to trust that they're doing stuff behind the scenes that doesn't need to be publicised.

Please donate, comment your disapproval of the rule, reach out to media channels and your congressmen and anything let us know what worked best. We all are IV collectively.

sfben
01-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Remember the photos IV took with the congressmen on Facebook? I think those people who have met the congressmen in person will have much better shot in pressuring those congressmen to push this bill forward.

I was not suggesting anything. I just want to raise the awareness that number of co-sponsors is not the be all and end all of this campaign. If anyone think we just need to get 50 more co-sponsors then we will win, that will not be enough.

Proof:
HR208 has 5 co-sponsors and became law in a year
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/208

HR24 has 185 co-sponsors and has only 2 actions and stalled.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/24

HR213 has 3 actions and 65 co-sponsors right now and stalled.

The only people who can move this bill forward are on the subcommittee on immigration policy:
Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security - Judiciary Committee (http://judiciary.house.gov/index.cfm/subcommittee-on-immigration-and-border-security)

Rep. Trey Gowdy, Chairman
Rep. Raul Labrador, Vice-Chairman
Rep. Smith
Rep. Lofgren
Rep. King
Rep. Guiterrez
Rep. Buck
Rep. Jackson Lee
Rep. Ratcliffe
Rep. Pierluisi
Rep. Trott

I just tweeted towards the top people

@TGowdySC Please bring HR213 to a vote! Why stall this bill that removes discrimination against Indian and Chinese tech workers?

@Raul_Labrador Please bring HR213 to a vote! You co-sponsored it and it stalled since Feb 2015.

@Raul_Labrador HR213 Removes discrimination against Indian and Chinese tech workers. Stop mass exploitation. Bring HR213 to a vote!!