PDA

View Full Version : Mother Expired with pending medical bills in USA.

panurag1
01-03-2016, 09:51 AM
In Dec 2015 my mother expired in India, She has gone back to india in August 2015 after getting treatment here in USA.

she was admitted around 11 day here in hospital for treatment, her insurance has not covered any payment. She signed all the document while visiting to hospitals.

Now we are getting the medical bills , some of them are at debt collection center , Since she expired in DEC 2015. I have her death Certificate issued from India.

Let me know, what should be my next step regarding her medical bills payments.

Thanks,

Anurag

shantak
01-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Anurag
Sorry for your loss. I have had similar experience in the past. As long as all of the bills are in your mothers name and no where you have signed the financial obligations, ignore the bills, nothing to worry. If you get phone calls from the debt collectors, tell them she is no longer with you.

puneet2k5
01-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Extremely sorry for your loss. Based on my personal experience, as long as you did not sign any of the hospital documents related to financial obligation, you can simply ignore the bills.

chakdepatte
01-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Sorry for your loss. Please ignore the phone calls and dont sign up for anything under emotional concience. U dont owe anything even though you are the son. I've been through this. It tok 3 years even after my mom passed away.

panurag1
01-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Thank you for the reply.

Should I send the copy of Death Certificate to all the providers on her behalf? I have not signed any documents on her behalf and all the bills are coming under her name.. Should I talk to any attorney??

I am taking this steps all this because I am on H1B visa and waiting for my priority date to file my 485. There is no harm to send her "Death Certificate" to the collection agency.

Please Guide me on this..

Thanks,

Anurag

laddu0
01-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your mother.

IV is not hte right group to ask this questions.

Please restrain from asking all these questions.