PDA

View Full Version : RIN: 1615-AC05 AKA I-140 EAD/Portability Proposed Rule

LogicalImmigrant
12-23-2015, 11:18 AM
OMB Approved RIN: 1615-AC05 AKA I-140 EAD/Portability Proposed Rule. The proposed rule will soon be published in the Federal Register for comments.

Sources:

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/Forward?SearchTarget=RegReview&textfield=+1615-AC05

The Oh Law Firm (http://www.immigration-law.com/)

DMX17
12-23-2015, 12:01 PM
So on there is some link to a document with scary references to "compelling circumstances" and that would be totally fucked up. Consistent with earlier fears we have about watering down that were discussed on IV. Can Admin2 or someone please comment on this crap?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjMrNajtPLJAhUCTCYKHVm8AbMQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reginfo.gov%2Fpublic%2Fdo%2FD ownloadDocument%3FobjectID%3D60384600&usg=AFQjCNF0j8-PNEVvP4l5uEauvwXMF_rROg

Eadfor I140
12-23-2015, 12:08 PM
http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAViewDocument?ref_nbr=201511-1615-011

2008candid
12-23-2015, 12:08 PM
Admin,

Could you please comment on below to get some clarification on this rule. I believe that only few people will get benefit from this rule, if the document is true. And also there is no reason to jubilate with this rule.
My other thought is, if I am right, USCIS is a self funded organization, why would they suicide with by giving EAD to all I140 candidates? They are getting benefited from H1B/L1 candidates along with Desi consulting and immigration lawyers. DAPA/DACA means more income for both the parties.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&...

thankstooptx
12-23-2015, 12:10 PM
So on there is some link to a document with scary references to "compelling circumstances" and that would be totally fucked up. Consistent with earlier fears we have about watering down that were discussed on IV. Can Admin2 or someone please comment on this crap?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjMrNajtPLJAhUCTCYKHVm8AbMQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reginfo.gov%2Fpublic%2Fdo%2FD ownloadDocument%3FobjectID%3D60384600&usg=AFQjCNF0j8-PNEVvP4l5uEauvwXMF_rROg

WTF!!

". The rule proposes to allow such beneficiaries, and their spouses and children, to apply for employment authorization for a limited period if there are compelling circumstances that, in the discretionary determination of DHS, justify the consideration of such employment authorization. "

This is absolute BS.

2008candid
12-23-2015, 12:10 PM

thankstooptx
12-23-2015, 12:15 PM
Here is the source of the document.

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAViewDocument?ref_nbr=201511-1615-011

thankstooptx
12-23-2015, 12:23 PM
H. Beneficiary of an approved employment-based immigrant petition facing compelling circumstances--(c)(35). File Form I-765 along with documentation that you are in the United States in E-3, H-1B, H-1B1, O-1, or L-1 nonimmigrant status, that an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140) was approved on your behalf, and you face compelling circumstances while you wait for your immigrant visa to become available. Please see the USCIS Web site at Application for Employment Authorization | USCIS (http://www.uscis.gov/I-765) for the most current information on where to file this benefit request. If you are requesting renewal of employment authorization under (c)(35), to qualify, the difference between your priority date and the date upon which immigrant visas are authorized for issuance for the principal alien’s preference category and country of chargeability is 1 year or less according to the current Department of State Visa Bulletin.

rohan_vus123
12-23-2015, 01:51 PM

Wow ... lawyers and *** won it seems ...damned ...

Not having to restart GC upon office closure or employer change - not sure if even this is watered down now :(

bob4gc
12-23-2015, 02:29 PM
Also ... "In order to qualify for a renewal of employment authorization, the difference between such beneficiaries’ priority date and the date upon which the immigrant visas are authorized for issuance for the principal alien’s preference category and country of chargeability is 1 year or less according to the current Department of State Visa Bulletin."

This is like yet another visa bulletin modernization ... totally USELESS ...

Admin, can you please give some insights?

gccommando
12-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Admin,

Could you please comment on below to get some clarification on this rule. I believe that only few people will get benefit from this rule, if the document is true. And also there is no reason to jubilate with this rule.
My other thought is, if I am right, USCIS is a self funded organization, why would they suicide with by giving EAD to all I140 candidates? They are getting benefited from H1B/L1 candidates along with Desi consulting and immigration lawyers. DAPA/DACA means more income for both the parties.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&...

the link must be from federal register not from reg info. this cant be trusted as a final rule

gccommando
12-23-2015, 02:40 PM
WTF!!

". The rule proposes to allow such beneficiaries, and their spouses and children, to apply for employment authorization for a limited period if there are compelling circumstances that, in the discretionary determination of DHS, justify the consideration of such employment authorization. "

This is absolute BS.

this cant be considered as the rule in works...get it from federal register when they publish it.

LogicalImmigrant
12-23-2015, 02:40 PM
As devndev mentioned in the USCIS Internal Memo thread, below might be the case.

"All the "Date uploaded" points to 11/25 - so this might be the version that IV was already aware of and Aman questioned the administration about. I don't think there is a way to know for sure until it gets published for comments. "

DMX17
12-23-2015, 02:51 PM
I think this link can be trusted.

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAViewICR?ref_nbr=201511-1615-011

Check the checkbox that says "All" and you will see below that it is related to AC05 rule (which we all have been waiting for).

Hope I am wrong but looks like we are fucked assuming "compelling circumstances" will not be liberally defined. I cannot find much on what will constitute "compelling circumstances".

:mad:

gccommando
12-23-2015, 03:03 PM
I think this link can be trusted.

Check the checkbox that says "All" and you will see below that it is related to AC05 rule (which we all have been waiting for).

Hope I am wrong but looks like we are fucked assuming "compelling circumstances" will not be liberally defined. I cannot find much on what will constitute "compelling circumstances".

:mad:

Your link doesnt work

Eadfor I140
12-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Lets wait for the fact before commenting. Their are signs that WIP for I 140 EAD; but we dont know what it will be. Lets put all our energy when the comments will be requested.
I belive it shold be soon. Lets send our commenst which talk about IV agenda.

DMX17
12-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Your link doesnt work

works on my google chrome.

Copy/paste this:http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAViewICR?ref_nbr=201511-1615-011

VinayJ
12-23-2015, 03:19 PM
IV team,
Comments and suggestions is highly needed from you on this to provide more clarity on what's happening with 1615 AC05. The instructions form mentioned in reginfo.gov says compelling circumstance extraordinary clause and limited period of ead and renewals only when pd is within 1 year of visa bulletin date. Please throw some lights.

gccommando
12-23-2015, 03:20 PM
Your link doesnt work

This rule is a JOKE...unless there is I-140 portability allowed atleast..

rohan_vus123
12-23-2015, 03:24 PM
This rule is a JOKE...unless there is I-140 portability allowed atleast..

not having to restart GC allover again can be the only consolation -
However I am not too optimistic even for this :mad:

HumHongeKaamyaab
12-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Why look at this document when it was posted last month? The EAD-140 rule is not formalized yet and so obviously the form does not reflect any changes. The new form AFTER the rule is approved is going to take a while. So this need not be anything to be scared of right now. If the issue is about the words 'compelling reason' for , then we need to wait and watch till the rule is out.

gccommando
12-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Why look at this document when it was posted last month? The EAD-140 rule is not formalized yet and so obviously the form does not reflect any changes. The new form AFTER the rule is approved is going to take a while. So this need not be anything to be scared of right now. If the issue is about the words 'compelling reason' for , then we need to wait and watch till the rule is out.

I hope you are right..but most likely we will end up with a half deal,.if you are right the OMB should redirect the DHS to change its proposed rule..that's unusual

DMX17
12-23-2015, 03:32 PM

The form was dated 11-25-15 which is after they sent AC05 rule to OMB and after Aman's speech at the conference. IV had told us way before how employers and lawyers (buddies in the trade) were trying to water down by inserting extraordinary circumstances so that only a handful of people will benefit (which that word document say about 155,000 people). All this is adding up and looking like we got screwed.

You are right, people should wait and see from official rule when published. I am losing it though.

nrmarrivada9
12-23-2015, 03:36 PM
This rule is absolutely useless and reading the document is fucking waste of time. I am dismayed at the audacity of the System for soliciting comments for such a stupid rule. I wonder if it serves anyone at all.

HumHongeKaamyaab
12-23-2015, 03:40 PM
The form was dated 11-25-15 which is after they sent AC05 rule to OMB and after Aman's speech at the conference. IV had told us way before how employers and lawyers (buddies in the trade) were trying to water down by inserting extraordinary circumstances so that only a handful of people will benefit (which that word document say about 155,000 people). All this is adding up and looking like we got screwed.

You are right, people should wait and see from official rule when published. I am losing it though.

I get it man. I am worried too but trying to be as rational as I can be right now. Also, I think about the MANY opportunities that have come my way that I had to lose out on due to my immigration status that having an EAD would have helped me with. If the United States of America has the balls to ask me to prove to them that I have a compelling reason to request an EAD...I will give them a thousand! Think about your compelling reasons...this is easily a humanitarian CRISIS and it is upon us to sock one to USCIS/DHS/WHOEVER when and if they put this assanine clause in. As you can clearly tell, I am less Gandhian and more SC Bose about this...let them bring it on. Remember we all passed our Viva in Engineering...time to bring those skills back! :)

gccommando
12-23-2015, 03:43 PM
This rule is absolutely useless and reading the document is fucking waste of time. I am dismayed at the audacity of the System for soliciting comments for such a stupid rule. I wonder if it serves anyone at all.

RIP I-140 rule...once again blood sucking consultancies and lawyer community won.we the employees are the sheep

eastindia
12-23-2015, 03:53 PM
RIP I-140 rule...once again blood sucking consultancies and lawyer community won.we the employees are the sheep

So why do people flock to lawyer websites and worship them?
They even formed a group on a forum with a lawyer at helm?
why?

This kind of bad regulations are because of these immigrants who treat lawyers and consulting employers as Gods

HumHongeKaamyaab
12-23-2015, 03:54 PM

WHAT are you guys basing this on? The rule isnt even published yet? Either you are being too negative or I am being too cautious..lets wait till the rule is out please! OR someone kindly explain to me LOGICALLY what basis they have based on CURRENT documents that have been issued that we can say "RIP I-140 EAD"

LogicalImmigrant
12-23-2015, 03:58 PM
Looks like this rule is inclined towards I-140 portability rather than providing EADs for approved I-140 holders.

Courtesy: The Oh Law Firm (http://www.immigration-law.com/)

"USCIS is in the process of revising I-765 form just as they did when H-4 EAD rule was enacted and implemented. They are adding two additional categories: (1) C-35 for I-140 approved foreign workers who have yet to file I-485 and in certain employment-based nonimmigrant status; and (2) C-36 for such foreign workers' family members. Their justification statement includes: "During this renewal cycle, USCIS is submitting a revision request through a proposed rule entitled, Retention of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting High-Skilled Nonimmigrant Workers,), published in the Federal Register on [insert date]. This rule proposes to provide additional stability and flexibility to certain high-skilled nonimmigrant workers in the United States who are the beneficiaries of approved employment-based immigrant visa petitions but who cannot obtain an immigrant visa number due to current backlogs and are experiencing compelling circumstances. Specifically, the rule proposes to allow such beneficiaries in the United States on E-3, H-1B, H-1B1, L-1, or O-1 nonimmigrant status to apply for employment authorization for a limited period if there are compelling circumstances that, in the discretionary determination of DHS, justify the consideration of such employment authorization. In order to qualify for a renewal of employment authorization, the difference between such beneficiaries' priority date and the date upon which the immigrant visas are authorized for issuance for the principal alien's preference category and country of chargeability is 1 year or less according to the current Department of State Visa Bulletin."
It appears that there are two troublesome conditions for EAD: (1) Requirement of proof of "compelling reasons" and (2) Priority date is within one-year of the Visa Bulletin cut-off date. It thus appears that the proposed rule which was just approved for I-140 portability/EAD reform indirectly demands the I-140 approved foreign workers to maintain nonimmigrant status rather than EAD when they change employment based on the new 140 portability under the forthcoming reform rule. The reform thus appears to give opportunity to change employment in a same or similar occupations before they file I-485 without losing the approved I-140 but will require that the foreign worker maintain the nonimmigrant status when they port to another employer. It appears this restrinction may be intended to accomodate the pressures from the employers that oppose this reform.
Here is the draft new EAD form with all other information that gives the background of so-called modernization of employment-based immgration reform of the Obama Administration."

anoosomu
12-23-2015, 04:00 PM
What other compelling reason would all of us have than to get EADs than being frustrated terribly? We need EAD for several reasons- to feel secure, to have choices with employment, to help kids ageing out, to buy a house... the list could go on and on. Are these people going to issue a "master list" of compelling circumstance?

rbusgc
12-23-2015, 04:09 PM
What other compelling reason would all of us have than to get EADs than being frustrated terribly? We need EAD for several reasons- to feel secure, to have choices with employment, to help kids ageing out, to buy a house... the list could go on and on. Are these people going to issue a "master list" of compelling circumstance?

AND your priority date should be within 1 year of cutoff... sucks! :mad:

tapanhp
12-23-2015, 04:13 PM
'compelling circumstances'='same or similar' all over. Phew:(

Shourie
12-23-2015, 04:24 PM

I feel exactly the same. I mean if we are offered such a rude joke in the name of a reformation, this is an insult to the intelligence of the people who are looking forward to getting an EAD after I-140. If the prevarication rings true, then I guess we are so royally fucked that we don't even know what has hit us.

HumHongeKaamyaab
12-23-2015, 04:41 PM
Again, the fact that Oh Law Firm published this changes nothing..its what we already know..this form is from last month and was known at that time too...still waiting to read the actual damn rule..why cant they publish it already!

DMX17
12-23-2015, 04:47 PM
not having to restart GC allover again can be the only consolation -
However I am not too optimistic even for this :mad:

You are right we do not know about the regulation part about I-140 still remaining valid even after employers revoke or go out of business. This would mean you can use that I-140 to file I-485 for another employer. Wait for rule to see whether this is included.

Since getting EAD for all of us (without the damn compelling reasons) looks very iffy, I would say realistically we are looking at I-140 remaining valid. This way no need to re-start GC but always have to maintain the H-1/H-4.

As Kevin Cummings told Aman "wait and provide comments once the rule is out", here we are. I would say Deloitte and the like won.

buffbloke
12-23-2015, 04:53 PM
As Kevin Cummings told Aman "wait and provide comments once the rule is out", here we are. I would say Deloitte and the like won.

Yup, welcome to the future.....it looks exactly like today. we will be in the same job for the same employer and still renewing H1b at the same salary.

HumHongeKaamyaab
12-23-2015, 04:59 PM
Yup, welcome to the future.....it looks exactly like today. we will be in the same job for the same employer and still renewing H1b at the same salary.

I'm sad. I thought USA championed Freedom. Our situations are anything but free. I am seriously pissed off enough to consider changing countries..been working for the same employer for over 8 years now waiting and waiting while my friends in Canada and Australia laugh at my face. :(

HumHongeKaamyaab
12-23-2015, 05:54 PM
I guess all we can do is comment the crap out of this rule when it is finally published and available for public comment. We need to tell them that this is not correct.

Toadie
12-23-2015, 06:24 PM
I guess all we can do is comment the crap out of this rule when it is finally published and available for public comment. We need to tell them that this is not correct.

OR..send them flowers again. We're being told that "THIS IS HOW IT IS, BITCHES. TAKE IT OR TAKE IT."

Let's GIVE IT !!

HumHongeKaamyaab
12-23-2015, 06:31 PM
OR..send them flowers again. We're being told that "THIS IS HOW IT IS, BITCHES. TAKE IT OR TAKE IT."

Let's GIVE IT !!

Yeah, enough GANDHIGIRI...time for that has passed...this is a slap across our faces and insults us. Time for gundagardi is upon us now. This is NOT the american dream because it has NOTHING to do with hard work. Have we all been working hard for this crap?!

aadohio
12-23-2015, 07:00 PM
This document also states at the top of page 3: "This rule also proposes to remove the requirement for USCIS to issue an interim employment authorization document to applicants whose Form I-765 has been pending at least 90 days since USCIS’ receipt of such form."

Interestingly there was a lawsuit this year about this issue specifically. http://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/sites/default/files/docs/lac/1-Complaint.pdf

Page 3, #6 says "By regulation, USCIS’s failure to timely adjudicate EAD applications “will result in the grant of an employment authorization document for a period not to exceed 240 days.” 8 C.F.R. § 274a.13(d) (entitled “Interim Employment Authorization”) (emphasis added). Yet, USCIS regularly fails to timely adjudicate EAD applications, and never issues interim employment authorization."

The rule mentioned here is (d) here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/8/274a.13
"Interim employment authorization. USCIS will adjudicate the application within 90 days from the date of receipt of the application, except in the case of an initial application for employment authorization under 8 CFR 274a.12(c)(8), which is governed by paragraph (a)(2) of this section, and 8 CFR 274a.12(c)(9) in so far as it is governed by 8 CFR 245.13(j) and 245.15(n). Failure to complete the adjudication within 90 days will result in the grant of an employment authorization document for a period not to exceed 240 days. Such authorization will be subject to any conditions noted on the employment authorization document. However, if USCIS adjudicates the application prior to the expiration date of the interim employment authorization and denies the individual's employment authorization application, the interim employment authorization granted under this section will automatically terminate as of the date of the adjudication and denial."

If I read this correctly -- in this document they are proposing to remove this requirement for USCIS that is written in the law. Is this even possible?

Ramalingam
12-23-2015, 07:28 PM
This document also states at the top of page 3: "This rule also proposes to remove the requirement for USCIS to issue an interim employment authorization document to applicants whose Form I-765 has been pending at least 90 days since USCIS’ receipt of such form."

Interestingly there was a lawsuit this year about this issue specifically. http://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/sites/default/files/docs/lac/1-Complaint.pdf

Page 3, #6 says "By regulation, USCIS’s failure to timely adjudicate EAD applications “will result in the grant of an employment authorization document for a period not to exceed 240 days.” 8 C.F.R. § 274a.13(d) (entitled “Interim Employment Authorization”) (emphasis added). Yet, USCIS regularly fails to timely adjudicate EAD applications, and never issues interim employment authorization."

The rule mentioned here is (d) here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/8/274a.13
"Interim employment authorization. USCIS will adjudicate the application within 90 days from the date of receipt of the application, except in the case of an initial application for employment authorization under 8 CFR 274a.12(c)(8), which is governed by paragraph (a)(2) of this section, and 8 CFR 274a.12(c)(9) in so far as it is governed by 8 CFR 245.13(j) and 245.15(n). Failure to complete the adjudication within 90 days will result in the grant of an employment authorization document for a period not to exceed 240 days. Such authorization will be subject to any conditions noted on the employment authorization document. However, if USCIS adjudicates the application prior to the expiration date of the interim employment authorization and denies the individual's employment authorization application, the interim employment authorization granted under this section will automatically terminate as of the date of the adjudication and denial."

If I read this correctly -- in this document they are proposing to remove this requirement for USCIS that is written in the law. Is this even possible?

Clearly the impact of lawsuit. Some one brought lawsuit to give interim EAD. Now they will remove that possibility. If some thing comes against USCIS in Visa Gate then they could address next rule making. It is not easy to fight government

Eadfor I140
12-23-2015, 07:34 PM
This is time for posting comments for I 140 EAD. Lets make good case for I 140 EAD on permanent basis. The comments for I 140 EAD are posted in IV forum.

Lets not loose this opportunity for EAD.

uhsarp
12-25-2015, 12:26 AM
Wish there's one celebrity in this country who can go around the talk show circuit, appear on all major news channels and can lay bare the horrible discrimination legal immigrants face in this country.
Most Americans who listen to my story feel disgusted and cannot believe they didn't know this before. I only wish that most citizen knew about this. Americans I've come across are mostly kind and generous.
Why do our own brethren (Desi consultancies), Employers and their lawyers hate us so much? :confused::(

uhsarp
12-25-2015, 12:28 AM
I feel like every Indian should leave US at once (Just a thought experiment) for US to see how ingrained and critical we are for her sustenance.

HumHongeKaamyaab
12-25-2015, 12:59 AM
Freedom my a**...this is the most restrictive country for immigrants who do the right thing!! So frustrated...and the silly rule also isnt getting published. I wish I knew all this crap before ever leaving India...

I hope IV's silence means they are working on this possible issue as we all look towards them as the only beacon of hope we have against the establishment...please let us know what to do and how to direct our anger at the comments when the rule is finally published.

Eadfor I140
12-25-2015, 02:47 AM
We have to be smarter when it comes to American way of life. What is good for American worker will float. So my American worker be American .

We need our case presented ! Need media attention ! We need social networking with friends who know media. We need EAD & we will get it their :)

moon_walker333
12-25-2015, 12:41 PM
There is no denying that it is a f***ed up watered down I140 EAD rule.

I read that there was a rally of skilled immigrants in front of White House in Nov 2015: DC Rally On Nov 16 2015 In Front Of White House - Local Meetups - Immigrationloop - A modern forum for U.S. Immigrants (http://www.immigrationloop.com/t/dc-rally-on-nov-16-2015-in-front-of-white-house/276)
I think this is the only way to get enough media attention on this.

Also, we have to go ALL IN when this pathetic rule is published for public commenting. We all must gather as many as possible to go and comment our concerns and send a slap to this rule which does no good to legal immigrants.

I am really sad to see that there is not even a single comment from IV admins at least saying that "we are working on a response/action item".

Let's not lose hope yet. This is just start of the real battle.

Eadfor I140
12-25-2015, 02:59 PM
You did hit on the dot . We need to voice our concern in a political way.

Our voice will get heard if we show that life of America worker , family & their children are getting affected.

IV we need you guys to come front & give direction !! We are in EAD fight for long & now it is time to shows that what white collar American workers can do !

JustADesi
12-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Aman you spoke during USCIS call that do we have representation of American Workers.

Dude , it is time for you to prove that you represent the American workers not an alien worker . Show us your leadership. We will support you .

You can become voice of silent alien workers . Go Go Go Man ..

What a mess ! que desastre .

relativity
12-26-2015, 04:18 PM
I don't know what "Admin" is doing, but I know one thing they are not our servants...like anyone of us...they like vacation time :) ...they have a family. and if you guys are so much irritated, be a leader :) Nobody is opposing. Show your nuts

What ever changes happening right now, I strongly believe is because of IV.

I have heard this - "Thanks IV for everything you guys are doing" - For me it is a FAKE sentence.

I really HATE those people sitting in their couch and asking others to do a something which benefits all of us. Really man, I JUST HATE IT.

JustADesi
12-26-2015, 04:50 PM
Couch potatoes like relativity just enjoy their holidays when their friend will be suffering .

What a bad attitude.

We all on this forum need someone who can lead us to EAD not seating at home enjoying holiday !!!

GC2022
12-26-2015, 11:58 PM
wait till the actual text comes out ?

Considering Kevin said it loud and clear that wait for the text to come out and then comment on it, instead of speculating.

Also, there are two angles to this, maybe USCIS is trying to cover their ass from litigation hence took a conservative view of the subject.

it could very well be the mischief by our friends from the legal community/big money corporates.

moon_walker333
12-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Couch potatoes like relativity just enjoy their holidays when their friend will be suffering .

What a bad attitude.

We all on this forum need someone who can lead us to EAD not seating at home enjoying holiday !!!

Dude, just look at your post again. Don't you think you sound very immature, selfish and narrow minded?

IV owes us nothing. Appreciate the help and leadership we are getting from IV.

JustADesi
12-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Dude, just look at your post again. Don't you think you sound very immature, selfish and narrow minded?

IV owes us nothing. Appreciate the help and leadership we are getting from IV.

Dude Sound like you had just spiritual enlightenment. Belive in yourself before talk like crap.

Because of members like you mindset, we are always at negative side of immigration. When you fight for cause, be responsible. When you grew up, come onboard.

We need responsibe action IV .

eastindia
12-28-2015, 08:26 PM
We have to be smarter when it comes to American way of life. What is good for American worker will float. So my American worker be American .

We need our case presented ! Need media attention ! We need social networking with friends who know media. We need EAD & we will get it their :)

EAD is not a solution. It does not do anything. It is a pseudo freedom.

Its like a student waiting for F1 visa in India thinks F1 is a lottery.

Then they think getting H1B sponsored is a lottery.

Then they think getting GC sponsored is a lottery.

Then they think EAD is a lottery

and this goes on and on. It is for this reason there were so many H4 spouses who wasted their time trying to get H4EAD.

They should have instead tried for greencard. Things would have been different today,

eastindia
12-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Dude Sound like you had just spiritual enlightenment. Belive in yourself before talk like crap.

Because of members like you mindset, we are always at negative side of immigration. When you fight for cause, be responsible. When you grew up, come onboard.

We need responsibe action IV .

If you join as volunteer you will know what IV is doing. Nothing really gets posted on forum.
People are calling each other and working even during holidays. You need to contact IV and join their volunteer team if you are really motivated.

DMX17
12-28-2015, 08:53 PM
Just some dark humor about the word "Retention" in the title "Retention of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting High-Skilled Nonimmigrant Workers"

Seems to me they (EO team/USCIS/whoever I don't know any more) have used the PR argument that "these best and the brightest immigrants are leaving the U.S. and we have to retain them" to make this rule as a starting point.

Then, they asked "why are they leaving?" and someone probably told them the answer "green backlogs" (and of course other people said "H-1B cap"). H-1B cap was out as it comes from congress! Then they said, "Backlog alone cannot be the only reason as there must be another circumstance for their leaving the country e.g. losing a job maybe or economic hardship of paying high tuitions for their kids?" And we come to "compelling circumstances" and the word "retention".

Perhaps they just want proof that you are leaving before they can “retain” you here! In other words, this rule will probably ask us to prove that without that EAD we will have to leave this country if not given EAD. Sounds similar to you going to your boss and threaten to quit unless given a pay raise.

Who is leaving?

JustADesi
12-28-2015, 11:23 PM
In my humble opinion, we should congratulate USCIS for the word "Retention" .

The question is for all audience , is USCIS looking for "Talent or Slave in modern time "

The way I look at it , everyone need H1 because they are cheap , can be exploit & trash at any time. I may be wrong because I did read articles where it is demonstrated that H1 was the heart of the silicon valley.

But a ordinary worker like me always look for Hopes. EAD is a short term hope that can keep wokers like me alive.

A way to say thanks to USCIS , we can fund charity. All money from charity will go 100% to USCIS. The funding for charity will come from .................... .
Begging help to fill in the gaps.