PDA

View Full Version : Campaign against EB1-C abuse.

pkreddy345
10-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Are we for more number of immigration visas or are we for fair immigration system.

As it stands, there are very few avenues that are currently open for us to pursue the immigration case. But we need identify most probable success paths and pursue them. Here are my analysis.
1) 140 for EAD : This may seem helpful for all and has a good chance of seeing the light by the end of Obama’s presidency, but it is going to be a temporary staging place for all and not going serve us any better in getting the Green Cards.
2) Visa Bulletin: The goal of this change is to make USCIS correctly estimate their future inventory and it is never mentioned that they are going to help us through this change.
3) H.R 213 : This is the pill that is going to solve the issue, But I doubt it will ever get passed in next few years with the current political situation and no amount of shouting you do will not going to affect the bill. If by stroke of luck Chaffetz becomes the next house speaker then it has better chance of coming into light but the chances of that happening is slim.
With above things stalled or moving at snail pace, I am urging people to take up an essential cause that will stop the abuse that brought EB-2 movement (I am pro Eb3 to Eb2 Conversion) to grounding halt.
According the Oh law – the number of visa issues to EB2 are: Y-2013: Approximately 17,200, FY-2014: Approximately 23,000, FY-2015: Approximately 7,500. At this rate the Eb1-C is used, we are not going to move further any more. Imagine what would have happened if we get those 25,000 visa’s every year we would have been in 2010 at least.

wetfeet80
10-20-2015, 10:10 AM
We all are aware of these points. What are you trying to convey?

Are we for more number of immigration visas or are we for fair immigration system.

As it stands, there are very few avenues that are currently open for us to pursue the immigration case. But we need identify most probable success paths and pursue them. Here are my analysis.
1) 140 for EAD : This may seem helpful for all and has a good chance of seeing the light by the end of Obama’s presidency, but it is going to be a temporary staging place for all and not going serve us any better in getting the Green Cards.
2) Visa Bulletin: The goal of this change is to make USCIS correctly estimate their future inventory and it is never mentioned that they are going to help us through this change.
3) H.R 213 : This is the pill that is going to solve the issue, But I doubt it will ever get passed in next few years with the current political situation and no amount of shouting you do will not going to affect the bill. If by stroke of luck Chaffetz becomes the next house speaker then it has better chance of coming into light but the chances of that happening is slim.
With above things stalled or moving at snail pace, I am urging people to take up an essential cause that will stop the abuse that brought EB-2 movement (I am pro Eb3 to Eb2 Conversion) to grounding halt.
According the Oh law – the number of visa issues to EB2 are: Y-2013: Approximately 17,200, FY-2014: Approximately 23,000, FY-2015: Approximately 7,500. At this rate the Eb1-C is used, we are not going to move further any more. Imagine what would have happened if we get those 25,000 visa’s every year we would have been in 2010 at least.

pkreddy345
10-20-2015, 10:23 AM
we are asking people to recognize that EB1C is essentially eating up whatever spillover that is happening. With all insights and connections that IV has they never tackle this problem as it does not matter, but this is flaw in the system and outsourcing companies are taking full advantage of. We should work on filling the loop holes first.
We sent out following letters to immigration committee members in both house and senate. We would like people to participate in it if interested.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
REMOVED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hil3182
10-20-2015, 10:40 AM
we are asking people to recognize that EB1C is essentially eating up whatever spillover that is happening. With all insights and connections that IV has they never tackle this problem as it does not matter, but this is flaw in the system and outsourcing companies are taking full advantage of. We should work on filling the loop holes first.
We sent out following letters to immigration committee members in both house and senate. We would like people to participate in it if interested.
REMOVED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have looked at the EB-1C issue before. The issue is:

It is legal
Bringing it up - especially to people like Sessions will just give them ammunition to bash the rest of us -- please think before you send letters like that.

wetfeet80
10-20-2015, 10:41 AM
Thanks for clarifying.

REMOVED

pkreddy345
10-20-2015, 10:59 AM
I am not experienced in political situation as many of you, but
It is legal - It is legal does not mean it can not be fixed. Can you please tell me what was the explanation given by USCIS when you guys mentioned about the EB1C.

Bringing it up -
- Yes, I thought long and hard about it. Some one need to impose some fear into the outsourcing companies before they abuse it. well they get ammunition to bash outsourcing, but i saw more good than bad at this point.

pkreddy345
10-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Where is the evidence for this abuse? Submit it to IV and we can look at it. It needs to be documented evidence and not hearsay.

That is the problem, If thinking it as hearsay and leaving it as it is not hte solution. Urging people to actively pursue the proofs is what we want to convey. Yes we are working on collecting the proofs and at the same time asking others to report if you find any fraud.

The goal here is not to report the abuse itself, but rather request law makers to change the EB1C to adhere to same standards of scrutiny as other categories(make Labor filing required) , so that we can limit the fraudulent filing.

AceMan
10-20-2015, 11:49 AM
That is the problem, If thinking it as hearsay and leaving it as it is not hte solution. Urging people to actively pursue the proofs is what we want to convey. Yes we are working on collecting the proofs and at the same time asking others to report if you find any fraud.

The goal here is not to report the abuse itself, but rather request law makers to change the EB1C to adhere to same standards of scrutiny as other categories(make Labor filing required) , so that we can limit the fraudulent filing.

A person who is in a Managerial role is eligible for EB1. So if a company files for their employee on L1 A visa in EB1 category following the rules of land, I am not sure you have any case here. USCIS is not gonna make any steps for your perceived jealousy in action. You can still go forward with your grievance and make it a more tougher process which already it is.

Flyingcrow
10-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Yes what is the perceived fraud in EB1C?

Are you going to cry how can a guy in apm, pm role get GC in less than 1 yr, while you toil for decades? Though I understand it hurts your sentiments, which part of the law are they in violation of?

And how can you instigate fear into companies? Blackmailing, gundagiri?

What are you planning to prove? That they are not really managers? Why would those companies sponsor someone GC if they would fly off in no time? What is the benefit for those companies, so how will you exactly cry foul?

Kindly elaborate.

abcdgc
10-20-2015, 12:09 PM
REMOVED

You are a typical desi. So your moto in life is - if you are not getting something and someone else is getting it, then he must be committing a fraud.

I am not EB1C but that doesn't mean that I act like a child to attack everyone above me in food chain. Grow up please

pkreddy345
10-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Yes what is the perceived fraud in EB1C?

Are you going to cry how can a guy in apm, pm role get GC in less than 1 yr, while you toil for decades? Though I understand it hurts your sentiments, which part of the law are they in violation of?

And how can you instigate fear into companies? Blackmailing, gundagiri?

What are you planning to prove? That they are not really managers? Why would those companies sponsor someone GC if they would fly off in no time? What is the benefit for those companies, so how will you exactly cry foul?

Kindly elaborate.

Well let the statics for the 2015 come and we will see how this is effecting EB2. Looks like lot of people are thinking that the only solution for this problem is more and more number of visa numbers, No it should be fair and working system.

You guys are just deaf i guess, I am talking about working towards changing the law to include labor certification and you are talking about what law they broke, no they did not break the law per say.

Yes i am a Desi who is pro EB3 to Eb2 switch , For that matter i am against removing total cap on the country quota because it creates community clusters rather than integrate people into culture.

In any case i am out of this bull shit place, Quick to drum up nothing victories, bullying people in discussions, This place is worst than Chinese governments media control. Achieved shit. Good luck.

stuckinline
10-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Well let the statics for the 2015 come and we will see how this is effecting EB2. Looks like lot of people are thinking that the only solution for this problem is more and more number of visa numbers, No it should be fair and working system.

You guys are just deaf i guess, I am talking about working towards changing the law to include labor certification and you are talking about what law they broke, no they did not break the law per say.

Yes i am a Desi who is pro EB3 to Eb2 switch , For that matter i am against removing total cap on the country quota because it creates community clusters rather than integrate people into culture.

In any case i am out of this bull shit place, Quick to drum up nothing victories, bullying people in discussions, This place is worst than Chinese governments media control. Achieved shit. Good luck.

Seriously? Against per-country cap removal for EB Green Cards? I think we are better off without you.

With friends like you, who needs enemies...

Flyingcrow
10-20-2015, 12:41 PM

All I requested you is to elaborate your claims of fraud, and you are already jittery and calling names. How exactly are you planning to address a hearing, when you are called upon? No point, in getting emotional just because others don't have that view. You are free to roam forums, another one where you can beat your chest to glory and practically screw up whatever you want.

DMX17
10-20-2015, 01:03 PM
OP - Allow me to open up a blind spot in your side mirror. You are thinking from the same point of view as the EB-1 folks who you are blaming to be abusing the system i.e. get me the green card faster.

These EB-1 folks most likely came from the same country you and I are from. I know a couple of guys who are doing the same job as me but the only difference is they qualify on paper and I don’t. The same way you and I qualify for EB2 job. You may be “pro-porting” but there are others out there who hate porters. When EB2 dates open on VB, EB3 get upset because theirs did not. For argument sakes, can I argue that most jobs advertised as requiring a “master’s degree” does not require a master degree?

Point is, be careful as this can come back to other people behind you.

So, you want to address one of the symptoms and not the illness that has many symptoms. HR213 is the most reasonable pill in the current scheme of things.

Clearly to me, more H1's without addressing backlogs is definitely not.

gopal008
10-20-2015, 01:09 PM
Hello Reddy unless their is no evidence it is hard to prove EB1C abuse. We all are high skilled immigrants let's not use bad words. We are here to help each other. This like saying all consultancy firms established by immigrants from AP do fraud. There might be abuse but not every one might be a fraud. As someone already pointed out why would an Indian outsourcing company invest in a person if he is going to leave them in 1 year.

AceMan
10-20-2015, 02:23 PM
These are the kind of idiots for which censoring is required. Pouring in some junk and following up with absolute filth.