PDA

View Full Version : Will you be impacted by VB Reversal?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

pappu
09-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Oct 2015 Visa Bulletin Reversal: We were hoping this could have been avoided until yesterday. But it has happened. We are aware of the situation, how it will impact our members, our long term strategy with this fix.. Several action items to follow, so please watch this space.

One thing is for sure that we are NOT going to put up with this and ARE going to do what it takes. This is the time every one needs to come together. Request everyone to support us. For now please fill this form and lend your stories as we work towards organizing a response at several levels. Please feel free to share this with your friends and family that are impacted as well.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DrfDXbzVfnlnM_wjLib98UK8priQvY93UGW1livnsiU/viewform?fbzx=-2070869444749441608

bnaik
09-25-2015, 05:06 PM
Admin,

What was the reason this happened & how could it have been avoided? Can you share some insights?

relativity
09-25-2015, 05:11 PM
But I can see it as july 2011 still here. Am I looking at something wrong?

http://travel.state.gov/content/visa...ober-2015.html

hil3182
09-25-2015, 05:14 PM

Looks like they fixed that.

We are doing important meetings right now to roll this back and need your stories.

This is important, please fill out the form if you have been affected.

sengs
09-25-2015, 05:18 PM

This link is dead now.

sengs
09-25-2015, 05:20 PM
Please consider this as the most important action item of your life if you have been affected by this reversal.

If you have spent money on medicals and lawyers, please mention that too.

DMX17
09-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Guys - lets focus on the action item please. Send to friends. Let's unite against this inhumane treatement!!!

sengs
09-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Guys - lets focus on the action item please. Send to friends. Let's unite against this inhumane treatement!!!

Send the forms link to everyone you know who is affected.

sengs
09-25-2015, 05:31 PM
Here is revised VB link-
Visa Bulletin For October 2015 (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2016/visa-bulletin-for-october-2015.html)

vikidisi
09-25-2015, 05:32 PM
Link to the form again

https://goo.gl/d2gdTo

racoon786
09-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Admin,

What was the reason this happened & how could it have been avoided? Can you share some insights?

It appears to be some miscalculation of numbers between USCIS and DOS. I hope it is not some political reason influencing this decision.

sengs
09-25-2015, 05:40 PM
It appears to be some miscalculation of numbers between USCIS and DOS. I hope it is not some political reason influencing this decision.

We will let you know what boiled it down to this when we have enough information.

Right now we would like to get enough information as possible to move our actions forward. Please treat this as extremely important.

hs2501
09-25-2015, 05:57 PM
I have added my and my spouse information in the sheet with information on financial loss! I request others to do so as well, as at least someone (IV) is trying to help us here.

DMX17
09-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Done my part. What else can I do to help Sengs/Admin? Please let me know when you guys get a chance. I know you guys are busy and working hard for the legal community.

deepimpact
09-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Done my part. What else can I do to help Sengs/Admin? Please let me know when you guys get a chance. I know you guys are busy and working hard for the legal community.

This does not impact me personally as we already have our GC, but what else can I do to help?

DMX17
09-25-2015, 06:01 PM
This does not impact me personally as we already have our GC, but what else can I do to help?

Contact you friends and their friends to work on this action item. Thank you for offering the help.

essell
09-25-2015, 06:34 PM

Please share the link FB https://www.facebook.com/shrinivasdes/posts/10153067838326787

testman
09-25-2015, 06:54 PM
I am very unhappy and deeply affected by this change. Please let us know what to do. I have already filled the form and sent it to all my friends and family members.

Deeply sad.

DMX17
09-25-2015, 07:23 PM
If you are forum members, please post everywhere to support this action item.

sk.work13
09-25-2015, 07:45 PM
So, here's my story from Sep 9th 2015 to Sep 26th 2015-
1-As soon as USCIS made the announcement, I had my parents send my birth certificate. They made it number 1 item and forgot their work to get one issued & send in a week
2- I spent 3 days looking at what documents are needed, forms etc and process to fill those while letting my office work suffer! harming my reputation at work and working 15 hrs to manage both. Fill and download forms which is not just 1 form of 2 pages.
3. Scheduled doctors appointment to get all important vaccines.
4. Go to safe box and collect all documents, search for & collect all in next 2-3 days
5 Got 5 Injections for all vaccinations because my mom had no record of it. Side effect? My arms, nexk and shoulder was in hige pain and immobile for 2 days followed by mild pain and immobility for another 2. And the money spent!
6. Got blood test done, paid money again
7. Got TB skin test done, had to see doctor tomorrow again. Paid money again
8. While I suffered financial, health and mental loss, I gained nothing! USCIS reverted back. My TB test is invalid in 30 days. My medical is invalid in 1 year and my money 500-700$ per person is down the drain.

Can USCIS return all of this to me? If yes, they can revert to anything they want. If not, they should stand by their announcement because this is really inhuman.

narsimhank
09-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Guys, new bulletin is posted, only the EB2 India date seems to be affected.

Visa Bulletin For October 2015 (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2016/visa-bulletin-for-october-2015.html)

shaimmi
09-25-2015, 07:52 PM
I am also impacted with this reversal. I filled the document with my details and my wife details. USCIS behavior is ridiculous and doesn't make any sense.

Thank you immigration voice for your efforts. Hope of Best.

sk.work13
09-25-2015, 08:01 PM
I also signed on the petition. Please sign and share. I don't know what works but I am doing whatever I can :-(

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/uscis-and-dos-changed-priority-dates-categories-all-sudden-and-causing-financial-and-mental-loss

hs2501
09-25-2015, 08:34 PM
Very well written my friend, we all wasted lot of time collecting document, doing translation, medical, get vaccinations, etc. Let's hope we would be current again soon, and this time for good.

DMX17
09-25-2015, 08:53 PM
I am starting this on my own on whatsapp. Feel free to use and send message in your U.S. whatsapp groups.

Dear Group,

I know that this issue may not affect you directly, but please read and forward this message to the Indian community leaving in the U.S.

You may know at least one family in your community who are working in the United States on H-1B visa because they are stuck in the green card backlogs. On Sept 7th 2015, the US Department of State issued a visa bulletin that allowed many people to file for green cards and live their life with security. Today, they have retracted this visa bulletin and superseded with old dates of eligibility. I and my wife spent a significant amount of time and money in attorney fees and medical tests in making our green card applications ready for delivery to the USCIS on October 1st, 2015. To find that USCIS will not accept our application by changing the previously issued visa bulletin has caused significant emotional and financial trauma to my family. We are humbly requesting the government that thousands of legal immigrant families be allowed to file their applications as was promised by the previously issued October visa bulletin.

Please pass this message to your friends and family who maybe affected and support Immigration Voice on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ImmigrationVoice) or their website (ImmigrationVoice.org - Home (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php))

Please stay tuned to ImmigrationVoice website to immediate action items if you are affected. If you are not directly affected, we would also appreciate your liking our facebook page or support in whatever we you can.

Regards,
DMX17

DMX17
09-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Revised text:

Dear Group,

I know that this issue may not affect you directly, but please read and forward this message to the Indian community living in the U.S.

You may know at least one family in your community who are working in the United States on H-1B visa because they are stuck in the green card backlogs. On Sept 7th 2015, the US Department of State issued a visa bulletin that allowed many people to file for green cards and live their life with security. Today, they have retracted this visa bulletin and superseded with old dates of eligibility. I and my wife spent a significant amount of time and money in attorney fees and medical tests in making our green card applications ready for delivery to the USCIS on October 1st, 2015. To find that USCIS will not accept our application by changing the previously issued visa bulletin has caused significant emotional and financial trauma to my family. We are humbly requesting the government that thousands of legal immigrant families be allowed to file their applications as was promised by the previously issued October visa bulletin.

Please pass this message to your friends and family who maybe affected and support Immigration Voice on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ImmigrationVoice) or their website (ImmigrationVoice.org - Home)

Please stay tuned to ImmigrationVoice website to immediate action items if you are affected. If you are not directly affected, we would also appreciate your liking our facebook page or support in whatever we you can.

Regards,
DMX17

Green06
09-25-2015, 09:00 PM
So even after waiting of 15 years this was not the light at the end of the tunnel :(. What a waste of time, money and work loss. My whole family including my old parents and in-laws are stressed out. Shame on USCIS/DOS to do flip/flop like this. Living on H1b is like bonded labor and we were really hoping that we could filer AOS and get benefits of EAD. This is INHUMANE!!

hfourvisa
09-25-2015, 09:09 PM
So, here's my story from Sep 9th 2015 to Sep 26th 2015-
1-As soon as USCIS made the announcement, I had my parents send my birth certificate. They made it number 1 item and forgot their work to get one issued & send in a week
2- I spent 3 days looking at what documents are needed, forms etc and process to fill those while letting my office work suffer! harming my reputation at work and working 15 hrs to manage both. Fill and download forms which is not just 1 form of 2 pages.
3. Scheduled doctors appointment to get all important vaccines.
4. Go to safe box and collect all documents, search for & collect all in next 2-3 days
5 Got 5 Injections for all vaccinations because my mom had no record of it. Side effect? My arms, nexk and shoulder was in hige pain and immobile for 2 days followed by mild pain and immobility for another 2. And the money spent!
6. Got blood test done, paid money again
7. Got TB skin test done, had to see doctor tomorrow again. Paid money again
8. While I suffered financial, health and mental loss, I gained nothing! USCIS reverted back. My TB test is invalid in 30 days. My medical is invalid in 1 year and my money 500-700$ per person is down the drain.

Can USCIS return all of this to me? If yes, they can revert to anything they want. If not, they should stand by their announcement because this is really inhuman.

Very well said. USCIS can retrogress to the year 1776 and screw themselves up but it did cost me money which could have been used to spend something wisely. :mad:

missedthecut
09-25-2015, 09:21 PM
This is very painful. I had never expected that this could even happen.

I filled the forms for both me and my wife.

rbusgc
09-25-2015, 09:44 PM
It could be just like a repeat of 2007��
We will get this done again. Please fill out the form we. Posted. Please share that around everywhere

Hi Pappu,

Please let me know if IV is planning for a class action suit, I am willing to part of the suit as I am impacted financially and emotionally by the date reversal (just completed all required activities for filing the I485 as of yesterday). :mad:

Thanks,

RB

Green06
09-25-2015, 09:47 PM
Thanks Pappu. IV is the only hope. Me and my wife have already filled the form. We are also going to the event in Redmond WA hosted by WA Chapter.

palciparum
09-25-2015, 10:10 PM
what message can we send to our friends and family on whatsapp even if they are not affected by this fiasco? and how can they help?

Its time to bring the community together.

bnaik
09-25-2015, 10:12 PM
Zhang - U.S. Immigration & Counseling Home (http://www.hooyou.com/news/news091107change.html)

DMX17
09-25-2015, 10:32 PM
what message can we send to our friends and family on whatsapp even if they are not affected by this fiasco? and how can they help?

Its time to bring the community together.

I posted above.

Toadie
09-25-2015, 10:33 PM
I also signed on the petition. Please sign and share. I don't know what works but I am doing whatever I can :-(

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/uscis-and-dos-changed-priority-dates-categories-all-sudden-and-causing-financial-and-mental-loss

Wow ! An error occured and you can't sign the petition ! High Five with Freedom of Speech.

sengs
09-25-2015, 10:47 PM
Wow ! An error occured and you can't sign the petition ! High Five with Freedom of Speech.

IV is actually not promoting that petition, and neither are we responsible for any glitch.

If you are directly affected by the the visa bulletin fiasco, please submit your story at the link posted in the first entry or here- https://goo.gl/d2gdTo and help IV and yourself.

Toadie
09-25-2015, 10:49 PM
IV is actually not promoting that petition, and neither are we responsible for any glitch.

If you are directly affected by the the visa bulletin fiasco, please submit your story at the link posted in the first entry or here- https://goo.gl/d2gdTo and help IV and yourself.

I want to understand what will be done with all the data that is being collected with that google form? Are we going to show the numbers/people affected and their concerns to authorities?

sengs
09-25-2015, 10:50 PM
If you are not directly affected, please hold on because we will soon have more action items in which we need the entire community's participation.

In the meantime please spread this form to your friends and families, whatsapp group and ask them if anyone is affected by todays fiasco to submit their stories ASAP.

DMX17
09-25-2015, 10:52 PM
I want to understand what will be done with all the data that is being collected with that google form? Are we going to show the numbers/people affected and their concerns to authorities?

I would leave that to IV. This is no time to waste time!

If we can show that 50K people are directly affected, that would be really key info to have. Right?

sengs
09-25-2015, 10:53 PM
i would leave that to iv. This is no time to waste time!

If we can show that 50k people are directly affected, that would be really key info to have. Right?

+100

Toadie
09-25-2015, 11:09 PM
I would leave that to IV. This is no time to waste time!

If we can show that 50K people are directly affected, that would be really key info to have. Right?

Well. We're all IV. SO I do want to understand the reationale behind that google form. Everyone is concerned on what is going to happen and every bit of information is important here. Everyone who provides their name, email and phone number would want to know how is that information going to be useful in getting this non-sense resolved.
Now, asking for the reasoning doesn't mean that I doubt the IV goodwill here, but want to be aware.

sengs
09-25-2015, 11:12 PM
Well. We're all IV. SO I do want to understand the reationale behind that google form. Everyone is concerned on what is going to happen and every bit of information is important here. Everyone who provides their name, email and phone number would want to know how is that information going to be useful in getting this non-sense resolved.
Now, asking for the reasoning doesn't mean that I doubt the IV goodwill here, but want to be aware.

Calm down dude. We need stories to present to the Administration to show how the community has been affected. More stories will be more convincing.

DMX17
09-25-2015, 11:14 PM

I understand. I did not think you did not trust IV. I mean their time is better spent doing more important things in the background then answering and providing rationale of every step.

Toadie
09-25-2015, 11:18 PM
Calm down dude. We need stories to present to the Administration to show how the community has been affected. More stories will be more convincing.

I think it's you who has to calm down. I didn't even show any aggression. What you said about more stories is what I wanted to know in the first place. Get to the point faster going forward, if you are someone in IV who is going to use that data. we're all pissed here on what USCIS did.

Toadie
09-25-2015, 11:22 PM
I understand. I did not think you did not trust IV. I mean their time is better spent doing more important things in the background then answering and providing rationale of every step.

I agree, but we have right to know what will be done with very personal information in the time where every step needs to be taken cautiously. I do think that we wouldn't even be here had the visa bulletin not included the Application Date in the first place. No thank can thank enough for what IV has done to bunch of unknown folks.

IMNotACommonMan
09-25-2015, 11:39 PM
I agree, but we have right to know what will be done with very personal information in the time where every step needs to be taken cautiously. I do think that we wouldn't even be here had the visa bulletin not included the Application Date in the first place. No thank can thank enough for what IV has done to bunch of unknown folks.

Brother, this is not the time to waste. IV will bring out an Action item soon. Please wait and hang on. Let's pray that this get done soon.

hil3182
09-25-2015, 11:44 PM

Some compelling (or maybe all) stories submitted will be presented to decision makers while making the case for them to roll back this ridiculous decision.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing your story, or don't like it, don't submit your story.

If you choose not to believe us or think we are bunch of hoaxers and hucksters, don't waste your time following this organization.

We are in an all hands on deck mode trying to deal with this ridiculous crisis here and you aren't helping.

testman
09-25-2015, 11:52 PM

If you have so much issues, what are you even doing here and bugging the IV team. You are being an unnecessary rabble rouser. Toad, go back and hide in your small pond. STOP your nonsense here.

Toadie
09-26-2015, 12:01 AM
Some compelling (or maybe all) stories submitted will be presented to decision makers while making the case for them to roll back this ridiculous decision.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing your story, or don't like it, don't submit your story.

If you choose not to believe us or think we are bunch of hoaxers and hucksters, don't waste your time following this organization.

We are in an all hands on deck mode trying to deal with this ridiculous crisis here and you aren't helping.
No body said, I don't believe in what IV says. But replies like yours aren't helping either. so neither are you helping.

If you have so much issues, what are you even doing here and bugging the IV team. You are being an unnecessary rabble rouser. Toad, go back and hide in your small pond. STOP your nonsense here.
For you my friend, I'll just leave you alone. You just deserve to hold my finger where I can lead you to road of intelligence. But I doubt that is going to do you any justice as your words show your upbringing very well. I have every right to be here as any one else to know what will indeed be done soon. SO there..

IMNotACommonMan
09-26-2015, 12:05 AM
Folks, please share with everyone around you, everyone you know who is impacted or otherwise and request them to join in this time of need. People future, careers, life is getting impacted by this, not just the current lot but people who will follow. If we give up this time then this unjust will keep happening.

testman
09-26-2015, 12:06 AM
No body said, I don't believe in what IV says. But replies like yours aren't helping either. so neither are you helping.

For you my friend, I'll just leave you alone. You just deserve to hold my finger where I can lead you to road of intelligence. But I doubt that is going to do you any justice as your words show your upbringing very well. I have every right to be here as any one else to know what will indeed be done soon. SO there..

The person whose finger you are trying to hold is an MBA candidate from TOP 5 college in the world. Nothing more to add for you. You are beyond repair, my friend.

Admin, can you please remove the replies of this member as he is hampering our efforts and energies.

sengs
09-26-2015, 12:08 AM
Lots of stories have poured in last few hours. Lets get in more stories before the weekend is over. Spread the word everyone. Here is the link - https://goo.gl/d2gdTo

testman
09-26-2015, 12:09 AM
Lots of stories have poured in last few hours. Lets get in more stories before the weekend is over. Spread the word everyone. Here is the link - https://goo.gl/d2gdTo

Have spread to all my friends and family members. Should we ask spouse to also submit their details? It will increase the impact. Please let us know.

sengs
09-26-2015, 12:10 AM
Have spread to all my friends and family members. Should we ask spouse to also submit their details? It will increase the impact. Please let us know.

Why not? Sure. They were also supped to submit their AOS.

Toadie
09-26-2015, 12:12 AM
The person whose finger you are trying to hold is an MBA candidate from TOP 5 college in the world. Nothing more to add for you. You are beyond repair, my friend.

Admin, can you please remove the replies of this member as he is hampering our efforts and energies.

Well, your reading and writing skills surely back your claims. So pipe down and may be I will hire you someday when I need a janitorial manager.

Anyone is welcome to remove my original queries if they were out of context or cause.
I am here to fight any nonsense(USCIS generated or otherwise) and support a common cause.

penguin80
09-26-2015, 12:14 AM
“I began feeling the way I imagine an actor or athlete must feel when, after years of commitment to a particular dream...he realizes that he's gone just about as far as talent or fortune will take him. The dream will not happen, and he now faces the choice of accepting this fact like a grownup and moving on to more sensible pursuits, or refusing the truth and ending up bitter, quarrelsome, and slightly pathetic. ”
― Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream

sengs
09-26-2015, 12:16 AM
Excellent quote, but can we please keep this thread focussed on the action item.

DMX17
09-26-2015, 12:19 AM
Well, your reading and writing skills surely back your claims. So pipe down and may be I will hire you someday when I need a janitorial manager.

Anyone is welcome to remove my original queries if they were out of context or cause.
I am here to fight any nonsense(USCIS generated or otherwise) and support a common cause.

Utilize your written communications skills and write an essay on how the current cruelty is a repeat of July 2007. If you are a research minded individual, highlight IV’s role in the events that unfolded in July 2007. Post here.

This will help attract more people and will inspire people to write good essays in response to the current action item.

sengs
09-26-2015, 12:21 AM
Request- please stay focussed

Every time I see an out-of-context post I will be posting this message.

Toadie
09-26-2015, 12:21 AM
Some of my friends who have long received their GCs have also filled in. Some who were not current for app date have done the same.

Toadie
09-26-2015, 12:26 AM
Utilize your written communications skills and write an essay on how the current cruelty is a repeat of July 2007. If you are a research minded individual, highlight IV’s role in the events that unfolded in July 2007. Post here.

This will help attract more people and will inspire people to write good essays in response to the current action item.
DMX, your kind of rationale talk is what we need here. And I have done exactly what you suggested. I have emailed my congressman about the situation, quoting 2007, flower campaign, news coverage, silent protest and results therof; justifying why what happened today is disheartening and financially burdening.

max4438
09-26-2015, 12:29 AM
<rant>
When will this descrimination based on national origin change? I have no control over where I was born. I cannot change jobs, accept promotion, I live a second class life. Am I expected to live like this for 15 to 20 years whereas others get their GC in 2 to 3 years and move on with their life?

If my employment situation changes I become out of status overnight and have to pack my bags and leave everything behind. At least the laborers and construction workers in Dubai get their passports taken and have the certainty that there is no chance of PR. Here there is no certainty. Just take my passport away and tell me I am a bonded laborer and at least there will be some certainty.

When I tell others my situation the comments I get are "why did you come here then?" "You can always go back?" But I want to stay and build a normal career. I went to a top 5 college, got one of the best jobs. And now I have to suffer the consequences of where I was born. I live for the day when people will be judged based on merit and not national origin.
<end rant>

P.S. things will never change, businesses are addicted to cheap/disposable workers that cannot change jobs for one to two decades. They are never going to let this sweet deal go away.

sengs
09-26-2015, 12:31 AM
<rant>
When will this descrimination based on national origin change? I have no control over where I was born. I cannot change jobs, accept promotion, I live a second class life. Am I expected to live like this for 15 to 20 years whereas others get their GC in 2 to 3 years and move on with their life?

If my employment situation changes I become out of status overnight and have to pack my bags and leave everything behind. At least the laborers and construction workers in Dubai get their passports taken and have the certainty that there is no chance of PR. Here there is no certainty. Just take my passport away and tell me I am a bonded laborer and at least there will be some certainty.

When I tell others my situation the comments I get are "why did you come here then?" "You can always go back?" But I want to stay and build a normal career. I went to a top 5 college, got one of the best jobs. And now I have to suffer the consequences of where I was born. I live for the day when people will be judged based on merit and not national origin.
<end rant>

P.S. things will never change, businesses are addicted to cheap/disposable workers that cannot change jobs for one to two decades. They are never going to let this sweet deal go away.

Please join our efforts, and help yourself gain your freedom and identity.

karothu
09-26-2015, 12:34 AM
Ruined the Happy Days!
USCIS Bulletin released on September 9th 2015 with GOOD UNEXPECTED NEWS about Priority Dates moved to July 1st 2011. Like me thousands of fellow Indians enjoyed their happiness that day with their families and peers.
My cycle from September 9th 2015 to September 25th 2015 03:45PM…
September 9th – Contacted My employer and Lawyer to confirm NEWS
Received Congrats Notes from my lawyer – “I'm pleased inform you of the CIS approval of the I-140 for Suresh Karothu. Please see the email approval below.”
Too many wishes from Friends / Family Members and Peers…
Long waiting day – DREAMS COME TRUE – Feelings
September 10th – Fill up the I-485 Client Information form.
September 11th – Back and forth emails exchanged between Lawyers / Employers about questions and clarifications.
September 12th – Received Case Questioner from the Lawyers Office.
September 13th – Received list of documents required to file
For H1B :
1. A copy of your passport, please make sure to send us all of the pages including those blank ones
2. The most recent I-94 document. To retrieve your I-94 you may go to https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov website
5. Copy of all of your H-1B/L-1 approval notices
6. Copy of your I-140 receipt or approval notice
7. Current Offer of Permanent employment letter. We will request this letter from your employer
8. Copy of your birth certificate, if the birth certificate is not in English, please provide certified English
Translation together with the one in your native language. Make sure the birth certificate bears the names
of both of the parents.
9. Copy of any divorce decrees, if you were married to someone else prior to your current marriage. Make
sure to provide a Certified English translation together with the one in your native language.
10. Provide a total of six (6) passport style photographs for I-485, I-765 and I-131 (2 for each application)
11. A sealed Medical Examination Report. You can contact the following physicians if you are in the
You must have your medical done by a Civil Surgeon designated by USCIS)
Link to civil surgeon search: https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor

For your spouse/children:
1. Everything is the same except that we don’t need his/her Offer of Permanent employment letter.
2. Copy of your marriage certificate.
September 14th – Reviewing the documents – Biometric and other 3 applications.
September 15th – Started working on contacting doctors for medicals.
September 16th – Take an appointment with Doc 26 miles away from home. Take a special permission from office and took the children from school with special permission to Doctor.
Blood Test / Skin Test / Vaccination – Hell till today the skin test area bruised.
September 15th – Sacrificed my lunch and during that time went to Hospital to collect my Medicals.
September 16th – Started my labor work. Started scan all the passports after family went to sleep.
Every day from 10 PM to 2 PM, like that it took 4 days to complete my task.
September 21st – Started printing all the scanned work. My home printer ate 2 full cartridges.
September 22nd – Picture Day. Walgreens – per picture 11.99 for family of 4 costing $300….
Friends suggested Costco 8 copies $10 and end up with $40. But I wasted couple days.
September 23rd – Filled every document in organized way and submitted to the lawyer office during the lunch hour.
September 24th – Received a call from lawyer office that, come tomorrow for signing the paper work.
September 25th – DOOMS DAY TO MY DREAMS.
We have scheduled appointment at 3pm. Signed the original documents by 3:45pm. Lawyer assistant called the main lawyer for a quick moment out. We were so eager and waiting for her and finally she came up with a paper saying that – SORRY you are not eligible. We just blanked and no words.
MY DREAMS COLLASPED ….. MY PAIN WITH ME ….. THERE IS NO ONE IN THIS WORLD TAKE MY FATE BACK. THE ONLY GOD WHO BRINGS EVERYTHING TO ME IS USCIS.

DMX17
09-26-2015, 12:35 AM
Good then. Everybody is on the same page. I know it is very hard to be patient as we are all very anxious and sad. Hang tight and let's avoid unnecessary waste of energy in arguments.

Our energy will be needed when we follow the lead.

sengs
09-26-2015, 12:36 AM
Ruined the Happy Days!
USCIS Bulletin released on September 9th 2015 with GOOD UNEXPECTED NEWS about Priority Dates moved to July 1st 2011. Like me thousands of fellow Indians enjoyed their happiness that day with their families and peers.

Have you submitted your story? If not please do it ASAP. Every story helps.

max4438
09-26-2015, 12:47 AM
Painful to read. The sad pet is all this for not even a proper GC but EAD. Not to diminish the benefits of EAD but just wanted to remind everyone that "all this drama is not even for the GC step yet."

When will the GC step come? In 2030? Just because we were born in the wrong country? Did we get an option for our country of birth? When will descrimination based on national origin stop?

sengs
09-26-2015, 12:49 AM
Painful to read. The sad pet is all this for not even a proper GC but EAD. Not to diminish the benefits of EAD but just wanted to remind everyone that "all this drama is not even for the GC step yet."

When will the GC step come? In 2030? Just because we were born in the wrong country? Did we get an option for our country of birth? When will descrimination based on national origin stop?

Only if you come and join us in getting HR213 passed, you can get your GC delivered to your address before the end of this year, otherwise 2030 is a fair guess.

Srikrishna78
09-26-2015, 01:13 AM
We need to make them hear our pain and suffering, why don't we follow our leader Gandhi's footsteps and do a collective hunger strike or organized a walk to get some attention of this kind of treatment to families who are paying taxes from day one and still live peacefully.

Politicians interested in getting votes but they are not interested to hear our pain becoz we can't vote.

A right politician should address any ones injustice, not just those people who has right to vote. We need to make them answer this treatment like slaves.

I feel like if we all can pull up a organized non violent hunger strike for couple of days with families , we will get some attention.

testman
09-26-2015, 01:16 AM

Even before conversing with you, I was sure of your profession. Good that you brought it up.

:)

markved
09-26-2015, 06:20 AM
I have already filled out the form. Also, folks please sign this white house petition https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/uscis-and-dos-changed-priority-dates-categories-all-sudden-and-causing-financial-and-mental-loss

tracka
09-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Is there any action item yet?. Waiting for something before Oct 1st

sengs
09-26-2015, 08:48 AM
Is there any action item yet?. Waiting for something before Oct 1st

Please hang on. We will be announcing bigger action items soon where we will need the entire Indian EB community's participation.

karthik_kh
09-26-2015, 08:48 AM
people, if not already realized ( some after 10 - 15 yrs like me included) , here is news flash "THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THIS. PERIOD." if you dont like it well , collective every desi in the backlog should stop working and go back home. at least we wont be finger printed and asked ridiculous questions about mother's maiden name or maother-in-law's maiden name to establish one's identity and freedom. Even if I am handed a US citizenship card today, I will rub it into the ground with my boot heel and going back home.

abhayjo
09-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Very sad with the VB reversal. The form on very first post of this thread ;is it only for folks who are directly impacted i mean between 1st July 09 to 1st July 11?

What about folks who were hoping to see their priority date becoming current soon as per the "Dates for Filing Applications" goes ? My priority date is Oct'11 and heartbroken as the VB reversal indicates that i won't get to file anytime in near future.

rohan_vus123
09-26-2015, 09:13 AM
Very sad with the VB reversal. The form on very first post of this thread ;is it only for folks who are directly impacted i mean between 1st July 09 to 1st July 11?

What about folks who were hoping to see their priority date becoming current soon as per the "Dates for Filing Applications" goes ? My priority date is Oct'11 and heartbroken as the VB reversal indicates that i won't get to file anytime in near future.
Guess it will hard fought effort to get back VB to what they were - Even if thats done , it would may mean no further movements for years to come .

Looking at bigger picture , we all should rally behind IV to get other fixes including HR213 and action items as they provide .

hil3182
09-26-2015, 09:27 AM
I have already filled out the form. Also, folks please sign this white house petition https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/uscis-and-dos-changed-priority-dates-categories-all-sudden-and-causing-financial-and-mental-loss

Well, our positions on petitions are well known for reasons we have shared many many times. In short, that petition is going to go in a black hole somewhere.

Apparently Immigration Attorney Greg Siskind (whom some of us like) has apparently been getting 5 emails/minute (https://twitter.com/gsiskind/status/647577237735149568) for a lawsuit, if you want to participate, the information required is here (http://blog.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2015/09/25/visagate-2015-edition/)

However, lawsuits are expensive and some of us think this is posturing. Ordinarily Suing is an expensive affair and suing the Government, even more so. It wouldn't surprise some of us if this is just a nice way for him to get his name out there and build up a database of potential clients.

I would be love to be proven wrong, at the rate of 5 emails/minute, Greg should have enough potential clients for a lawsuit. I guess we will see for ourselves when he gets around to suing them and how he reacts if DHS comes out swinging. I honestly wish him all the best and hope to see a lawsuit soon. Relief from this ridiculous situation will be welcomed by all, regardless of the avenue.

rankitt
09-26-2015, 09:28 AM
Any idea why this thing happened ?

rohan_vus123
09-26-2015, 09:37 AM
Well, our positions on petitions are well known for reasons we have shared many many times. In short, that petition is going to go in a black hole somewhere.

Apparently Immigration Attorney Greg Siskind (whom some of us like) has apparently been getting 5 emails/minute (https://twitter.com/gsiskind/status/647577237735149568) for a lawsuit, if you want to participate, the information required is here (http://blog.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2015/09/25/visagate-2015-edition/)

However, lawsuits are expensive and some of us think this is posturing. Ordinarily Suing is an expensive affair and suing the Government, even more so. It wouldn't surprise some of us if this is just a nice way for him to get his name out there and build up a database of potential clients.

I would be love to be proven wrong, at the rate of 5 emails/minute, Greg should have enough potential clients for a lawsuit. I guess we will see for ourselves when he gets around to suing them and how he reacts if DHS comes out swinging. I honestly wish him all the best and hope to see a lawsuit soon. Relief from this ridiculous situation will be welcomed by all, regardless of the avenue.

Hil ,

Just a thought /question - This fiasco seems to reflect some infighting within USCIS . Does this bode ill for any future fixes that were hoping ?
USCIS seems to have no respect for EO and may not implement any further fixes ( i140 EAD , etc. ) or delay things as they like , knowing very well they cant be challenged .

Administrator2
09-26-2015, 10:05 AM
We are about to announce a detailed plan in our response to the incompetency of DHS. Please standby by for more details. As difficult as this awful event might be for us, our families and friends, please DO NOT waste energy on petitions or become instruments in the hands of immigration lawyers. We need all hands on the deck, and there is no room for wasting energies on frivolous and unless petitions on ANY websites. If you look around, you will see that NO policy change or law change was EVER be brought by online petition. And that is a fact.

We think some lawyers are using this awful event to market themselves. They are engaged in self-promotion. We don't think they will do anything meaningful even though they might be posturing to make tall claims. We ask that you not fall for these shenanigans. Please DO NOT expect others to do anything for you, least of all Immigration lawyers. If you want justice, you have to stand up for yourself and ask your friends to stand up with you. It will be unwise to expect immigration lawyers to do anything worthwhile to resolve this awful mess with the visa bulletin.

We need everyone to step up and do their share. Later today we will be announcing immediate response plan. This will evolve as things progress in coming days, but we cannot relent and give in to what DHS has done with the Visa Bulletin. This is where we need the positive energies and good intentions of everyone to come together to ask for justice and fairness.

sengs
09-26-2015, 10:15 AM
just received an email from my employer's attorney (saturday morning :) ) that AILA is instructing members to ignore the new VB and file the AOS petitions based on the original VB.

vicky23
09-26-2015, 10:31 AM
just received an email from my employer's attorney (saturday morning :) ) that AILA is instructing members to ignore the new VB and file the AOS petitions based on the original VB.
What that mean? is that a good news?

sengs
09-26-2015, 10:34 AM
What that mean? is that a good news?

don't know ….. doesn't look like one to me. USCIS is going to return those applications. I believe this is AILA's way of justifying the fees lawyers collected from clients. :)

AceMan
09-26-2015, 10:34 AM
We are about to announce a detailed plan in our response to the incompetency of DHS. Please standby by for more details. As difficult as this awful event might be for us, our families and friends, please DO NOT waste energy on petitions or become instruments in the hands of immigration lawyers. We need all hands on the deck, and there is no room for wasting energies on frivolous and unless petitions on ANY websites. If you look around, you will see that NO policy change or law change was EVER be brought by online petition. And that is a fact.

We think some lawyers are using this awful event to market themselves. They are engaged in self-promotion. We don't think they will do anything meaningful even though they might be posturing to make tall claims. We ask that you not fall for these shenanigans. Please DO NOT expect others to do anything for you, least of all Immigration lawyers. If you want justice, you have to stand up for yourself and ask your friends to stand up with you. It will be unwise to expect immigration lawyers to do anything worthwhile to resolve this awful mess with the visa bulletin.

We need everyone to step up and do their share. Later today we will be announcing immediate response plan. This will evolve as things progress in coming days, but we cannot relent and give in to what DHS has done with the Visa Bulletin. This is where we need the positive energies and good intentions of everyone to come together to ask for justice and fairness.

I have a different opinion on this. The date changes appears to be a minor correction in the figures between DHS and USCIS. Is this kind of drastic action necessary to burn the bridges of goodwill IV has already generated ? Few thousands of people including me are affected. Tough luck, but get over it. It was anyways only a minor prize in our quest for GC.

Administrator2
09-26-2015, 10:42 AM
I have a different opinion on this. The date changes appears to be a minor correction in the figures between DHS and USCIS. Is this kind of drastic action necessary to burn the bridges of goodwill IV has already generated ? Few thousands of people including me are affected. Tough luck, but get over it. It was anyways only a minor prize in our quest for GC.

You seem to argue as if there is a deal to be made, and by not speaking about this injustice or giving-in we are getting something else in return. That is not true. If anything, we need to push for better fixes, and this is our push-back on the incompetency of DHS. It doesn't matter if you or some one else disagree. No matter what we do, there will always be people who will disagree. To us, all that matters is if we know in our heart that this is the right thing to do, and we know that it is.

sengs
09-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Please favorite and RT the following on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/immivoice/status/647781826455470080

palciparum
09-26-2015, 10:56 AM

What do you suggest? The way dates are, they may not move for a long time. Green card will take decade to come by.

No EO fixes announced yet. How does one know if USCIS is on board, especially after this.

Why have 2 dates, especially when dates have been up to 2010 and now pushed back to July, 2009. That doesn't help anyone.

sengs
09-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Guys stay focussed on the action items. No time to waste on arguments. Please move on, and help us and yourself by participating in the action items.

pd052011
09-26-2015, 11:07 AM
You seem to argue as if there is a deal to be made, and by not speaking about this injustice or giving-in we are getting something else in return. That is not true. If anything, we need to push for better fixes, and this is our push-back on the incompetency of DHS. It doesn't matter if you or some one else disagree. No matter what we do, there will always be people who will disagree. To us, all that matters is if we know in our heart that this is the right thing to do, and we know that it is.

Are there any action items for folks who are not on Twitter?

sengs
09-26-2015, 11:08 AM

Detailed action items are coming within few hours.

rohan_vus123
09-26-2015, 11:17 AM

Admin2 ,

No doubt this is sheer incompetence /unwillingness to work whatever we may call and this needs to called out - we should not accept this in any way and they have to be held accountable .
But does this also mean any further fixes ( such as job portability after 1 yr of 140 ,etc . ) are in jeopardy now ,considering USCIS is either incompetent / unwilling to work or does not respect President's EO or for any similar reason as this fiasco and would simply refuse to implement or delay things as much as they can ?

Administrator2
09-26-2015, 11:34 AM
Admin2 ,

No doubt this is sheer incompetence /unwillingness to work whatever we may call and this needs to called out - we should not accept this in any way and they have to be held accountable .
But does this also mean any further fixes ( such as job portability after 1 yr of 140 ,etc . ) are in jeopardy now ,considering USCIS is either incompetent / unwilling to work or does not respect President's EO or for any similar reason as this fiasco and would simply refuse to implement or delay things as much as they can ?

Nothing is ever handed to anyone as a matter of policy change without asking and without fighting for it. The fixes you listed have been advocated by us for years. Is it possible that other fixes could be at risk, it is possible. Do you need to speak up against injustice to protect our fixes, absolutely. If you don't raise your voice against injustice of Visa Bulletin, the risk is that they could then do it again to other fixes. This Visa Bulletin reversal is broken promise. It is not small or something that can be overlooked. If you don't speak up now, you run the risk of lawyers attacking our other fixes and they will try to water down job mobility fixes.

We are against any wait time for EAD+AP after I140. If there is any wait time, which immigration lawyers are advocating for, then that means our folks have not done their share to speak up as much for their rights, and that is the only way there will be any wait time after I140. STOP online petitions and STOP pandering to immigration lawyers, we don't believe they are well meaning.

Administrator2
09-26-2015, 11:36 AM

Please standby for the newsletter that will list of other action items

AceMan
09-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Nothing is ever handed to anyone as a matter of policy change without asking and without fighting for it. The fixes you listed have been advocated by us for years. Is it possible that other fixes could be at risk, it is possible. Do you need to speak up against injustice to protect our fixes, absolutely. If you don't raise your voice against injustice of Visa Bulletin, the risk is that they could then do it again to other fixes. This Visa Bulletin reversal is broken promise. It is not small or something that can be overlooked. If you don't speak up now, you run the risk of lawyers attacking our other fixes and they will try to water down job mobility fixes.

I stand corrected. Thanks for explaining it to me.

rohan_vus123
09-26-2015, 11:44 AM

We are against any wait time for EAD+AP after I140. If there is any wait time, which immigration lawyers are advocating for, then that means our folks have not done their share to speak up as much for their rights, and that is the only way there will be any wait time after I140. STOP online petitions and STOP pandering to immigration lawyers, we don't believe they are well meaning.

Absolutely! We should not let this go down the drain - not this time nor anytime .
Waiting for the action items

max4438
09-26-2015, 12:02 PM
STOP DISCRIMINATION BASED ON NATIONAL ORIGIN NOW

DO ANY HUMAN BEING GET TO DECIDE WHERE THEY ARE BORN?

Wake up people and look through this scam. Outdated immigration laws are being used cleverly to ensure that there is a steady supply of cheap and disposable labor from developing countries.

This artificially decreases wages for american workers by making sure that the legal foreign worker cannot practice basic rights that makes a market based economy work - "changing a job."

The businesses are never going to let go of this sweet opportunity.

The legal foreign workers live as second class citizens who have to pack their bags the moment employment situation changes. No where else does an employer has so much influence over a persons life. Ok maybe in Dubai over the construction workers.

This is "bonded labor" - just take our passports away and tell us we are second class citizens like they do in Dubai for construction workers. At least they have the certainty that there no chance of residency.

Stop this EAD/AP - Retrogression nonsense. All this drama is not even for a GC. Treat all human beings by merit not on the place of their birth. Same rules for a GC for everyone.

If not then just take away our passports and refer to us as bonded labors kept to keep american wages low, while ensuring that foreign workers have no rights and keep struggling day to day for rest of their lives.

DMX17
09-26-2015, 01:00 PM
I see that there are a lot of guests watching this thread. I personally urge you to show your support with action items as they come out. Do it for yourself or do it for your families/friends that are affected now. I bet next time you are in some trouble, they will lend a helping hand.

No one is looking out for us and yet again we feel agitated and helpless with this heartless blow on the –once-happy bellies. As it was said, this crisis has major repercussion on the expected other fixes.

Sleepless and tired,
D

Srikrishna78
09-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Could we do anything that will helpbthe old dates backed before Oct 1?. Not even a line about this in any main news sites. Are we fighting alone with out our opponents in the ring ?

smartguru
09-26-2015, 04:41 PM

Hello Administrator2,

Thanks to all the selfless IV volunteers for working for the EB community. EB community would not even have been here without your tireless efforts since many years.

To brothers and sisters. Please do not sit on the sidelines. Please do not be afraid. Even God does not give if you do not ask. Here we are asking for our own rights. Indian EB community contributes so immensely to US economy that we do not deserve this injustice. What we do lack is unity and courage. Lets get together and show our strength. Lets stop bickering. Lets get together , once and for all, let our voice be heard in unison. Let us not listen to lawyer trolls lurking on this forum who are trying to take away our energy and divert attention. If you want GC once and for all, it is very simple, LETS UNITE. UNITED WE STAND-DIVIDED WE FALL. We are still divided and therefore fallen. IV is our only platform for redemption. I do not have words to express the anger and frustration because of not having GC since so many years. Lets channel this in right direction where there is a possibility of making some change. That direction is IV.

sengs
09-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Please favorite and RT the following on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/immivoice/status/647781826455470080

We need more RTs, please. Anyone and Everyone in twitter can RT. This is free lunch. Open to all.

pulpfiction
09-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Hello Administrator2,

Thanks to all the selfless IV volunteers for working for the EB community. EB community would not even have been here without your tireless efforts since many years.

To brothers and sisters. Please do not sit on the sidelines. Please do not be afraid. Even God does not give if you do not ask. Here we are asking for our own rights. Indian EB community contributes so immensely to US economy that we do not deserve this injustice. What we do lack is unity and courage. Lets get together and show our strength. Lets stop bickering. Lets get together , once and for all, let our voice be heard in unison. Let us not listen to lawyer trolls lurking on this forum who are trying to take away our energy and divert attention. If you want GC once and for all, it is very simple, LETS UNITE. UNITED WE STAND-DIVIDED WE FALL. We are still divided and therefore fallen. IV is our only platform for redemption. I do not have words to express the anger and frustration because of not having GC since so many years. Lets channel this in right direction where there is a possibility of making some change. That direction is IV.

I am part of almost all forums (lawyers or otherwise) which support legal immigration. I am sure every forum has people with common sense who can think for themselves and can see through self promotion. Let us either appreciate or ignore based on our own assessment. Getting into mud slinging is the biggest detriment to our progress. Our problems are very tiny in the large scheme of things for the WH. Anything divisive within ourselves is akin to shooting holes into the bottom of a tiny little lifeboat stranded in the middle of a rough sea. You get the point. It would be better if all the relevant groups/attorneys can work together on this if possible. Most of us would like to support any and all leadership in their endeavors without bias - just my 2 cents.

greyhair
09-26-2015, 06:57 PM
I am part of almost all forums (lawyers or otherwise) which support legal immigration. I am sure every forum has people with common sense who can think for themselves and can see through self promotion. Let us either appreciate or ignore based on our own assessment. Getting into mud slinging is the biggest detriment to our progress. Our problems are very tiny in the large scheme of things for the WH. Anything divisive within ourselves is akin to shooting holes into the bottom of a tiny little lifeboat stranded in the middle of a rough sea. You get the point. It would be better if all the relevant groups/attorneys can work together on this if possible. Most of us would like to support any and all leadership in their endeavors without bias - just my 2 cents.

You seem to suggest as if "registering in online forums" is an achievement. Just because a lawyer says he is "pro legal immigration" doesn't mean that lawyer is "pro legal immigrants". There is a huge difference. Lawyers just want to bring in new immigrants on H1/L1 and then they want immigrants to be stuck in green card backlogs.

The fact that you don't understand this distinction just shows that you did not learn much even after registering in ALL immigration forums.

And what "divisive" are you talking about. One has to be with you before any division. Immigration Lawyers NEVER WERE AND NEVER WILL BE with you. Just because one fine day your dates retrogressed, you seem to want to see that immigration lawyers are all good and nice. Don't just see what you want to see. Open your eyes, and things will become clear to you.

Greg and Cyrus are now back paddling. After collecting information of people, with no attorney-client privilege, these lawyers collected information online of hundreds of innocent immigrants pretending to file lawsuit on USCIS. Now, as the day is coming to an end, so is their drama. Now they are back-paddling, pretending to talk to each other on twitter as if they are having important conversation. The truth is, all immigration lawyers are intellectually dishonest. And your 2 second epiphany to "work with everyone" doesn't mean anything if you refuse to understand the slimy nature of immigration lawyers who have an agenda different from ours.

pulpfiction
09-26-2015, 07:37 PM
You seem to suggest as if "registering in online forums" is an achievement. Just because a lawyer says he is "pro legal immigration" doesn't mean that lawyer is "pro legal immigrants". There is a huge difference. Lawyers just want to bring in new immigrants on H1/L1 and then they want immigrants to be stuck in green card backlogs.

The fact that you don't understand this distinction just shows that you did not learn much even after registering in ALL immigration forums.

And what "divisive" are you talking about. One has to be with you before any division. Immigration Lawyers NEVER WERE AND NEVER WILL BE with you. Just because one fine day your dates retrogressed, you seem to want to see that immigration lawyers are all good and nice. Don't just see what you want to see. Open your eyes, and things will become clear to you.

Greg and Cyrus are now back paddling. After collecting information of people, with no attorney-client privilege, these lawyers collected information online of hundreds of innocent immigrants pretending to file lawsuit on USCIS. Now, as the day is coming to an end, so is their drama. Now they are back-paddling, pretending to talk to each other on twitter as if they are having important conversation. The truth is, all immigration lawyers are intellectually dishonest. And your 2 second epiphany to "work with everyone" doesn't mean anything if you refuse to understand the slimy nature of immigration lawyers who have an agenda different from ours.

You are entitled to your opinion. Lets not make things personal ("because your dates retrogressed" and you don't even know me or my problems). I like to respect people and be respected. 'One has to be with you before division' - My point is I am with everyone regardless of who is with me. If I am ignorant and am supporting someone additionally that I should not, so be it, it is a matter of my personal time, and based on experiences that I continue to gather however limited they maybe. If there is an IV action item that I can participate in, I would. Understand that everyone has a reason to get involved and has to start somewhere. It could be epiphanic or based on years of research, its a moot point. Again, you could be frustrated based on information that i am NOT privy to, I respect that. All I am saying is I would be happy to help without taking sides or undermining anyones efforts.

sengs
09-26-2015, 08:44 PM

I didn't want to participate in this discussion and rather focus on the action item, but since you raised the topic ….. :) :)

HA HA thats so true. After playing with emotions of legal immigrants in this hard time, and collecting their information on the promise of filing lawsuits to be their messiah, Greg has now backtracked and wants to play the advocacy game. He now wants people to talk to his buddy from Cato so that they can play new games with our emotions. I am excited to know what is coming tomorrow,

greyhair
09-26-2015, 08:44 PM
You are entitled to your opinion. Lets not make things personal ("because your dates retrogressed" and you don't even know me or my problems). I like to respect people and be respected. 'One has to be with you before division' - My point is I am with everyone regardless of who is with me. If I am ignorant and am supporting someone additionally that I should not, so be it, it is a matter of my personal time, and based on experiences that I continue to gather however limited they maybe. If there is an IV action item that I can participate in, I would. Understand that everyone has a reason to get involved and has to start somewhere. It could be epiphanic or based on years of research, its a moot point. Again, you could be frustrated based on information that i am NOT privy to, I respect that. All I am saying is I would be happy to help without taking sides or undermining anyones efforts.

You seem to sound like a hack for some immigration liar (aka lawyer) or maybe you are an immigration liar yourself. What do you want? How is your lawsuit coming along, yes that lawsuit the one that you never wanted to file on DHS, but wanted to pretended all long that you are filing suit on DHS on Monday.

And if you are not a liar (read that as immigration lawyer) then you no longer have to be ignorant, unless you want to ignorant about the liars.

But you are right about 1 thing. Everyone have a reason to get involved. Liars want to get involved to bring in fresh meat i.e. new immigrants to propel their business. Immigrants want to break free from the grip of immigration lawyers. Clearly there is a reason to get involved, but the reason and desired outcome is totally opposite.

If you are immigration lawyer then all that you will do is undermine IV's efforts.

hil3182
09-26-2015, 08:46 PM
Newsletter is out: #BrokenPromises (http://newsletters.getresponse.com/archive/ivnewsletter/226036205.html)

Toadie
09-26-2015, 09:03 PM
Newsletter is out: #BrokenPromises (http://newsletters.getresponse.com/archive/ivnewsletter/226036205.html)

Thank you. I have been waiting for some action. Have not yet gone through the newsletter but wanted to thank all of you who probably worked your Saturday kut for people you dont even know. Regardless of what comes out in the end, efforts like these will not be forgotten.

pulpfiction
09-26-2015, 09:39 PM
You seem to sound like a hack for some immigration liar (aka lawyer) or maybe you are an immigration liar yourself. What do you want? How is your lawsuit coming along, yes that lawsuit the one that you never wanted to file on DHS, but wanted to pretended all long that you are filing suit on DHS on Monday.

And if you are not a liar (read that as immigration lawyer) then you no longer have to be ignorant, unless you want to ignorant about the liars.

But you are right about 1 thing. Everyone have a reason to get involved. Liars want to get involved to bring in fresh meat i.e. new immigrants to propel their business. Immigrants want to break free from the grip of immigration lawyers. Clearly there is a reason to get involved, but the reason and desired outcome is totally opposite.

If you are immigration lawyer then all that you will do is undermine IV's efforts.

Dude, just chill will you? I don't think I said anything that warrants such prejudice. Like I mentioned, you may have information that I don't at the moment. So I am not in a position to make sweeping determinations on people motives yet. Just saw Aman's newsletter that clearly warned about opportunists and reinforced the need to use our own judgements when dealing with this. I am sure there are 1000's in the same position as I am in.. looking for direction if not just camaraderie in a common cause and trying to just network. I don't even know if you are an IV representative or if you are just another guy posting. But, please tone down on the repulsiveness. We are in this together. You might have contributed/sacrificed a whole lot more than I ever will. But, let me quietly do my part however small for anyone who I deem has the right intentions. On a lighter vein, I can tell you i am not an immigration lawyer (I wish I were ..wld have saved me a lotta dough and spared me the helpless days over the years ;). But I do detest your using 'liar' in place of 'lawyer' just coz my parents are lawyers in India, and practice law with the spirit it deserves. Peace :)

hil3182
09-26-2015, 10:13 PM
Thank you. I have been waiting for some action. Have not yet gone through the newsletter but wanted to thank all of you who probably worked your Saturday kut for people you dont even know. Regardless of what comes out in the end, efforts like these will not be forgotten.

You have no f*@king idea how much time and energy we spend trying to help ingrates who get their jollies off by kicking and spitting on us on our own forums and others.

abcdgc
09-26-2015, 10:24 PM
You have no f*@king idea how much time and energy we spend trying to help ingrates who get their jollies off by kicking and spitting on us on our own forums and others.

Thanks Hil. I want you guys to know that you are my hero for working on my issues and issues affecting my family. Please do not worry about the naysayers or those who nitpick. They are cowards who have nothing better to do.

You have no idea how proud I feel to walk the halls of Congress shoulder to shoulder with you during IV Advocacy event in June. Those days of my life I felt having a higher purpose to being part of something bigger than me. And I will never forget you helping me during the meetings with Congressmen. THANK YOU <<RESPECT>>

IMNotACommonMan
09-26-2015, 10:33 PM
Dude, just chill will you? I don't think I said anything that warrants such prejudice. Like I mentioned, you may have information that I don't at the moment. So I am not in a position to make sweeping determinations on people motives yet. Just saw Aman's newsletter that clearly warned about opportunists and reinforced the need to use our own judgements when dealing with this. I am sure there are 1000's in the same position as I am in.. looking for direction if not just camaraderie in a common cause and trying to just network. I don't even know if you are an IV representative or if you are just another guy posting. But, please tone down on the repulsiveness. We are in this together. You might have contributed/sacrificed a whole lot more than I ever will. But, let me quietly do my part however small for anyone who I deem has the right intentions. On a lighter vein, I can tell you i am not an immigration lawyer (I wish I were ..wld have saved me a lotta dough and spared me the helpless days over the years ;). But I do detest your using 'liar' in place of 'lawyer' just coz my parents are lawyers in India, and practice law with the spirit it deserves. Peace :)

Brother, passions are very high right now and unlike the other forum where we all chat in the presence of the legal advisor, we do not have any lawyers here. We all in this together and IV working day and night to get us justice. I would request you to bring more of our peeps from the other legal forum and participate with IV action.

Kartik1378
09-26-2015, 11:06 PM
The people are running around and trusting other sources also because the news first leaked out from them not IV .. i am really not sure why IV could have given update at initial but strongly believe some reason should be there at back door.

racoon786
09-26-2015, 11:06 PM
Folks, please do not second guess IV efforts here. They have worked tirelessly for our cause for a long time and will continue to do so. They have had a lot of practice is dealing with issues such as this and have lot more expertise and experience in these matters than any of us. If you have any concerns, be polite and address them privately rather than sparring here on the threads. This unprecedented B.S. action by DOS/DHS have angered and frustrated thousands of legal law abiding immigrants and we should focus on the action items and help IV help us.

Green06
09-26-2015, 11:24 PM
Was thinking that after 15 years of wait this was the light at the end of the tunnel but they wont let us go that easily. We need to fight back but do it collectively through IV, Have faith in IV. They worked hard and reverted the July 2007 fiasco so they are our only hope. If anybody is feeling disappointed look at my case.

Went through multiple H1b, PERMS, I140s, BALCA appeals, I-140 AAO appeals, Attended 2007 IV Rally in DC, completed US Masters Degree. Eb3 to Eb2 upgrade, Moved 8 times from places to places, 15 years have passed in this struggle. Was very happy on 9th Sep 2015 and sad on 24th but still determined to fight back till we get the GC.

pulpfiction
09-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Was thinking that after 15 years of wait this was the light at the end of the tunnel but they wont let us go that easily. We need to fight back but do it collectively through IV, Have faith in IV. They worked hard and reverted the July 2007 fiasco so they are our only hope. If anybody is feeling disappointed look at my case.

Went through multiple H1b, PERMS, I140s, BALCA appeals, I-140 AAO appeals, Attended 2007 IV Rally in DC, completed US Masters Degree. Eb3 to Eb2 upgrade, Moved 8 times from places to places, 15 years have passed in this struggle. Was very happy on 9th Sep 2015 and sad on 24th but still determined to fight back till we get the GC.

Feel truly sorry for you man. Honestly, I don't think I would have had the resolve to go through this shit for 15 years, and still have some fight left in me. Hang in there bud !

Administrator2
09-26-2015, 11:46 PM
The people are running around and trusting other sources also because the news first leaked out from them not IV .. i am really not sure why IV could have given update at initial but strongly believe some reason should be there at back door.

You misunderstand our effort. We are not here to "leak" information or rush to put everything we know into public domain. That is not our purpose. We are not your CNN or Reuters. Unlike lawyers, we don't screw people behind their back when they are not watching. But you won't get it. With your superficial world view you should go with immigration lawyers and see where it will lead you.

Good Bye

Green06
09-26-2015, 11:47 PM
Dont be sorry!!. Lets keep the fight on. Help IV and help yourself and the community, do the action items. Above all have faith in GOD and good karma.
On the lighter note think how many stories you will have to tell your kids and grand kids. Without struggle life is not life. Be positive!!

sengs
09-27-2015, 12:02 AM
https://twitter.com/immivoice/status/647939918275215360

pulpfiction
09-27-2015, 12:05 AM
Dont be sorry!!. Lets keep the fight on. Help IV and help yourself and the community, do the action items. Above all have faith in GOD and good karma.
On the lighter note think how many stories you will have to tell your kids and grand kids. Without struggle life is not life. Be positive!!

Couldn't agree more! And great words to call it a night here in the East coast! Ironical as it may sound considering the situation, next order of business is buy flowers for DHS! (The wife is already jealous) Hopefully they 'accept' filing flowers on Oct 1 :rolleyes:

sengs
09-27-2015, 12:12 AM
And we 800 RTs at the end of the day on East Coast. Great job guys. Thank you, and keep RTs pouring in. :)

IMNotACommonMan
09-27-2015, 08:45 AM
And we 800 RTs at the end of the day on East Coast. Great job guys. Thank you, and keep RTs pouring in. :)

Folks, can we keep the pressure by getting the retweet going. I do believe that people genuinely concerned and need help. Furthermore everyone want to help, but we need to step up, only praying and hoping for the best or just doing your share won't do, you have to become the torch bearer, the leaders in your own right and lead your friends and family in this time of distress. Many people around you may be affected by this reversal but they may not know what to do, it is the duty and responsibility of each one of us who knows the IV agenda or any other action to inform them and inspire them to join.

Again 850 RT is an impressive count but is it enough for the Admins to sit up and take a look? Need to show the power of numbers brothers and sisters. Let's keep going.

rankitt
09-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Hi

Where do we need to send flowers and whats the address ?

gopal008
09-28-2015, 09:23 AM
Considering vb dates reversal. I don't see dates moving beyond July 2011 atleast for next two years. The only hope is hr213 which has its own hurdles. The only hope is EAd + ap for i140 which is also unknown. Basically people whose priority dates beyond July 2011 are screwed. Correct me if I am wrong here.

rohan_vus123
09-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Considering vb dates reversal. I don't see dates moving beyond July 2011 atleast for next two years. The only hope is hr213 which has its own hurdles. The only hope is EAd + ap for i140 which is also unknown. Basically people whose priority dates beyond July 2011 are screwed. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Likely that things may get watered down , as Admin2 mentioned if you stand up for injustice and we fight for ourselves nothing good is gonna happen

gchungry
09-28-2015, 11:02 AM
Likely that things may get watered down , as Admin2 mentioned if you stand up for injustice and we fight for ourselves nothing good is gonna happen

I am not seeing any media coverage for this issue. Can we run an article or something on any national news paper/web site explaining what happened? like WSJ or NYTimes, etc?

phota
09-28-2015, 12:11 PM
I have been following these 3 places who do investigative journalism( unlike Fox and CNN ). Could we reach out to them to create a piece on Legal Immigration and the issues faced by legal immigrants and their families:

- RT - https://www.rt.com/
- VICE news - https://news.vice.com/about
- last-week-tonight-john-oliver - Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - HBO Talk (http://talk.hbo.com/t5/Last-Week-Tonight-with-John/bd-p/last-week-tonight-john-oliver)

I am exploring ways as to how to reach out to them and suggest a topic.

Admin,
Shall we start a new thread and create an "action item" for media coverage.

amit.vasp
09-28-2015, 12:50 PM
That is a good idea, I have been following John Oliver. And his show on Net neutrality got huge number of views and the ideas put forth in the show were considered by the authorities.

sm_dev
09-28-2015, 01:43 PM
I noticed that folks are sending emails to Senator / congressman explaining the situation. Instead of sending mails/emails, can we talk to Senator / congressman's office ?

Should I wait for Admin's to give a go ahead?

bnaik
09-28-2015, 01:59 PM
During the 2007 visa bulletin fiasco, the story was run by major media all over the country. New York Times even released some inside information in an Editorial titled “Immigration Malpractice.” (see article here: Zhang - U.S. Immigration & Counseling Home (http://www.hooyou.com/news/news091107change.html))

Having media run the story will be major pressure point. Admin, is IV planning to get media coverage? How do we get media involved?

sengs
09-28-2015, 02:04 PM
I noticed that folks are sending emails to Senator / congressman explaining the situation. Instead of sending mails/emails, can we talk to Senator / congressman's office ?

Should I wait for Admin's to give a go ahead?

I just had a talk with Admin. Wants to hold back on that. Strategy will be announced based on the ongoing meetings at DC.

sm_dev
09-28-2015, 02:14 PM
Thanks Sengs. will wait for the directions from you / Admin.

testman
09-28-2015, 02:20 PM
Sent the flowers with the delivery date of 1st Oct.

Oct_31
09-28-2015, 02:45 PM
sent flowers.....

maga
09-28-2015, 08:06 PM
I didn't want to participate in this discussion and rather focus on the action item, but since you raised the topic ….. :) :)

HA HA thats so true. After playing with emotions of legal immigrants in this hard time, and collecting their information on the promise of filing lawsuits to be their messiah, Greg has now backtracked and wants to play the advocacy game. He now wants people to talk to his buddy from Cato so that they can play new games with our emotions. I am excited to know what is coming tomorrow,
Greg Siskind is filing the suit!

john_jony
09-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Good posts to stay on topic so far! Like many others, this vb reversal news was a big bummer for me too. I have been in US for more than 10 years but filed GC only 5 years ago seeing all the depressing long lines which Indians are subjected to. I filled up the doc with my story , retweeted and will join IV and support the good people here who stand up for a just cause and fairness. Stay positive brothers. It will all work out in the end. My message just wants to touch on the positivity and hopefully others feel the hope too. Hang in there and everything would turn out fine. Let us join all our energies together and get the right thing going for us legal immigrants.

tracka
09-28-2015, 10:06 PM
Greg Filed Class Action Lawsuit
Copy of Lawsuit
http://static1.space.com/static/52334c36e4b0dc010cb9d0e4/t/5609eff0e4b057531716783f/1443491824937/Mehta+lawsuit.pdf

Kudos to Greg Siskind

Kartik1378
09-28-2015, 11:14 PM
Great.. Some pressure can build on them..

tracka
09-28-2015, 11:16 PM
Great.. Some pressure can build on them..

Greg is expecting a resolution and a temporary stay order on the Latest bulletin in next 36 hours. Probably before even our flowers reach the destination we will have some good news because USCIS has to answer within 36 hours.

Bhishma
09-29-2015, 12:22 AM
Here are my 2cents. Greg Siskind is trying to help the EB2 by filing this lawsuit, but I want all of the EB2 folks (as a matter of fact, the entire legal immigrant community) is not to get carried away and keep their calm.
Please do not post on this forum, what other folks are doing to address the situation and ask for a response from the admin. I honestly think that IV is into it for a greater cause and after evaluating many approaches they have arrived at the Flower Campaign. If possible, please participate in their campaign and help IV help you. Lawsuit may (or may not) address this problem but it is IV who will continue to think, fight and represent you in your every step ahead.
Thank you IV and its volunteers.

Kartik1378
09-29-2015, 12:39 AM
They already found the way to redirect the flowers.. now they need to find other the way to tackle the lawsuit. one after other :):) if the bulletin latest get stay order whether the old one will get active? hope something like should happen :)

Toadie
09-29-2015, 03:01 AM
They already found the way to redirect the flowers.. now they need to find other the way to tackle the lawsuit. one after other :):) if the bulletin latest get stay order whether the old one will get active? hope something like should happen :)

How do you know? are they redirecting already? I am not surprised, but even if they are, and this is in media, that is a good thing. We need media by our side. So far it has been pitch black.

missedthecut
09-29-2015, 04:56 AM
Scheduled delivery of flowers for me and my wife for October 1st delivery.

Thank you very much IV for all your efforts.

racoon786
09-29-2015, 08:01 AM

Speculation or do you have any facts backing your claim of DOS redirecting their deliveries?

Flyingcrow
09-29-2015, 08:12 AM
Speculation or do you have any facts backing your claim of DOS redirecting their deliveries?

A story built with the zip issue. Nice work fellas.

hil3182
09-29-2015, 08:52 AM
Here are my 2cents. Greg Siskind is trying to help the EB2 by filing this lawsuit, but I want all of the EB2 folks (as a matter of fact, the entire legal immigrant community) is not to get carried away and keep their calm.
Please do not post on this forum, what other folks are doing to address the situation and ask for a response from the admin. I honestly think that IV is into it for a greater cause and after evaluating many approaches they have arrived at the Flower Campaign. If possible, please participate in their campaign and help IV help you. Lawsuit may (or may not) address this problem but it is IV who will continue to think, fight and represent you in your every step ahead.
Thank you IV and its volunteers.

We are happy with Greg filing suit and wish him well. We didn't think he had the stomach to actually do it, but are happy that he went through with it.

rbusgc
09-29-2015, 10:01 AM
We are happy with Greg filing suit and wish him well. We didn't think he had the stomach to actually do it, but are happy that he went through with it.

Hope IV core is ready to take this issue up with White House... I am a volunteer (IV) here in Charlotte and we are expecting the IV core to take this up with White House as early as possible.

Did my part for the flower campaign as given below... also had signed up for Greg's lawsuit too... (among the 140+ who didn't get mentioned in the class action).

tracka
09-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Hope IV core is ready to take this issue up with White House... I am a volunteer (IV) here in Charlotte and we are expecting the IV core to take this up with White House as early as possible.

Did my part for the flower campaign as given below... also had signed up for Greg's lawsuit too... (among the 140+ who didn't get mentioned in the class action).

I am also waiting for the next action item from IV. USCIS caused us financial loss and mental agony and was a perfect reason for a lawsuit and I am glad Greg did exactly what was needed at the moment. Other than GandhiGiri what are we doing?. any action items to get this issue raised to WH or Lawmakers?. We need IV to take lead at this time and do little bit more than the mere gandhigiri

BABUG
09-29-2015, 10:46 AM
Hi,
Can any one help me in understanding the difference between the proposed rule

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201504&RIN=1615-AC05

And
the current issue.

hil3182
09-29-2015, 11:30 AM

Administrator2 has been asking the White House to do something since Thursday morning when this first came up.

We did meetings on the Hill yesterday and we made every single Democrat we spoke to aware of this and asked THEM to call the WH through their channels.

Even though my Rep wasn't a targeted office, I had a good enough relationship with them that I managed to setup a meeting at short notice and talked to them about this. I brought along a couple of volunteers from different states to tell their stories and got the staffer all riled up and outraged. I guarantee you, his office called the WH with some strong opinions.

We keep telling people to call your rep, visit the office, maintain a relationship - it isn't just for HR.213, but for times like these too. When you already have an existing relationship with an office, it gives you a say in the process. You can also ask them to intervene with your H1-B stamping doesn't go well.

Regarding, what people are derisively calling Gandhigiri - it has worked in the past. Apparently in 2007, we tried many things including protests and flowers are ultimately what worked. I am not taking options off the table, just saying.

If you are an IV volunteer, and have actually "volunteered" for something (instead of being a spectator on the FB group), you probably have a relationship with your local office. You should call them and explain the situation - or even better visit the office with printouts of the two Visa Bulletins. Tell them how upset you are and how you need them to intervene with the White House.

In our experience people are lazy. Getting people to send flowers is the easiest thing to do, it worked last time and if we can mobilize the media to be there the morning of Oct 1st (which we are trying to do) - it might work again. If that doesn't work, we will evaluate other options.

Meanwhile, if you are itching for something to do, talk to your congressman's office, and ask them to intervene with the WH. Even though they are not a part of the executive branch, they are a part of Govenrment and will add to the pressure.

rbusgc
09-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Administrator2 has been asking the White House to do something since Thursday morning when this first came up.

We did meetings on the Hill yesterday and we made every single Democrat we spoke to aware of this and asked THEM to call the WH through their channels.

Even though my Rep wasn't a targeted office, I had a good enough relationship with them that I managed to setup a meeting at short notice and talked to them about this. I brought along a couple of volunteers from different states to tell their stories and got the staffer all riled up and outraged. I guarantee you, his office called the WH with some strong opinions.

We keep telling people to call your rep, visit the office, maintain a relationship - it isn't just for HR.213, but for times like these too. When you already have an existing relationship with an office, it gives you a say in the process. You can also ask them to intervene with your H1-B stamping doesn't go well.

Regarding, what people are derisively calling Gandhigiri - it has worked in the past. Apparently in 2007, we tried many things including protests and flowers are ultimately what worked. I am not taking options off the table, just saying.

If you are an IV volunteer, and have actually "volunteered" for something (instead of being a spectator on the FB group), you probably have a relationship with your local office. You should call them and explain the situation - or even better visit the office with printouts of the two Visa Bulletins. Tell them how upset you are and how you need them to intervene with the White House.

In our experience people are lazy. Getting people to send flowers is the easiest thing to do, it worked last time and if we can mobilize the media to be there the morning of Oct 1st (which we are trying to do) - it might work again. If that doesn't work, we will evaluate other options.

Meanwhile, if you are itching for something to do, talk to your congressman's office, and ask them to intervene with the WH. Even though they are not a part of the executive branch, they are a part of Govenrment and will add to the pressure.

Before I start let me clarify that I am a 'real' volunteer and was one of the team members who met with the congressman in-person here at his office during the recess and has made tons of calls to local/DC office during the last 5-6 years.. back to current issue.

What we (myself and other local volunteers/supporters) are expecting from IV Core is the direction/action item we need to take up in such scenarios.. There may not be much impact in an individual like me calling congressman's office.. it will have real impact when its a group effort with focused message and when it done at by all IV local groups across the country...
General feeling is that the flower campaign is not good enough to get a reversal (as pointed out by Pappu) .. it could be followed up by a call campaign to all Senators/Congressmen's office (or at least a focused call campaign to certain congressmen/senators who can influence the DHS/USCIS like Zoe Lofgren ..who helped us during the last #visagate 2007).

Hope IV Core will come up with such an action item.. mean time I will do my part by reaching out to the immigration contact in my local congressman's office. We are expecting leadership from IV Core at this time of Need!

hil3182
09-29-2015, 11:55 AM
Before I start let me clarify that I am a 'real' volunteer and was one of the team members who met with the congressman in-person here at his office during the recess and has made tons of calls to local/DC office during the last 5-6 years.. back to current issue.

What we (myself and other local volunteers/supporters) are expecting from IV Core is the direction/action item we need to take up in such scenarios.. There may not be much impact in an individual like me calling congressman's office.. it will have real impact when its a group effort with focused message and when it done at by all IV local groups across the country...
General feeling is that the flower campaign is not good enough to get a reversal (as pointed out by Pappu) .. it could be followed up by a call campaign to all Senators/Congressmen's office (or at least a focused call campaign to certain congressmen/senators who can influence the DHS/USCIS like Zoe Lofgren ..who helped us during the last #visagate 2007).

Hope IV Core will come up with such an action item.. mean time I will do my part by reaching out to the immigration contact in my local congressman's office. We are expecting leadership from IV Core at this time of Need!

Absolutely, if the flower thing doesn't work, we will escalate. We spoke to Lofgren about this on Thursday - not her office but Lofgren herself.

We aren't dicking around here, we are doing the best we can. Blindly lashing out and doing things that we know don't work in an emotional state will just drain energy from things we think could work.

Kartik1378
09-29-2015, 12:01 PM

saw this message through internet and other forums not sure they are playing around :confused:.. :mad:

The USCIS has said that they have asked the flower delivery services to re-route the flowers to Walter Reed Army Hospital.

IMNotACommonMan
09-29-2015, 12:24 PM
Absolutely, if the flower thing doesn't work, we will escalate. We spoke to Lofgren about this on Thursday - not her office but Lofgren herself.

We aren't dicking around here, we are doing the best we can. Blindly lashing out and doing things that we know don't work in an emotional state will just drain energy from things we think could work.

I second that, brothers IV members are doing whatever it takes to get this reversal, how about a leak here that IV members are also one of hardest hit with this revesal and some of them may not be around for next advocacy event and I apologize to my fellow IV brothers for disclosing this. But folks please understand they also have families and work and everything else like you do, they do not charge like lawyers do (and I support every good lawyer like Greg and Cyrus here) , everything is volunteered but in the end they are subjected to nasty comments, not that it matters but is it fair? Yes IV is doing Gandhigiri but they are doing other action items as well, but you have to choose the right channel to convince people. If IV talk straight on FB don't people gets offended? And we are talking about administration here, such a thin line to walk on.

I know many folk who haven't slept for more than 3-4 hrs since Friday, myself included, but please have faith and keep working with IV as IV is not just some random volunteer its us, folks like you and I that makes IV.

I am gonna call my representative and tell him our story would you?

amulchandra
09-29-2015, 12:37 PM
And we are talking about administration here, such a thin line to walk on.

I totally understand IV's stance on this and urge the members to do the same. They worked with DHS,USCIS and WH for a long time. Preserving the relationship is more important than short term gains. IV core is really walking on a tight rope here. They have to protest and persuade at the same time maintain the good relationship they built with all these departments . The communication channel they have with these depts is the result of 10 years worth of hard work. Kudos to IV for maintaining their calm state of mind and trying to look at a bigger picture in these hard times.

prirajesh
09-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Sent 2 dozen roses as 2 orders to be delivered on Oct 1. Thanks IV and other forum members. Lets hope for the best. Keep you head up :)

hil3182
09-29-2015, 01:06 PM
I totally understand IV's stance on this and urge the members to do the same. They worked with DHS,USCIS and WH for a long time. Preserving the relationship is more important than short term gains. IV core is really walking on a tight rope here. They have to protest and persuade at the same time maintain the good relationship they built with all these departments . The communication channel they have with these depts is the result of 10 years worth of hard work. Kudos to IV for maintaining their calm state of mind and trying to look at a bigger picture in these hard times.

We have no problem playing hardball to get what was promised to us. People don't talk to us because we play happy family and get along or write big checks. They talk to us because we can cause serious problems with their agenda (what ever it might be) when we go on the Hill and speak the truth about the high-skills racket. Offices have come to trust us for input on high-skilled issues. The WH doesn't want to be seen as doing EO for undocumented only, so they talk to us.

Now we are telling everyone we know that this completely unacceptable. If you call your local office, tell them you are calling from Immigration Voice, tell them your story and tell them that this is completely unacceptable. The last thing the WH wants is to loose their allies on documented side of the EO (don't EVER bash undocumented - EVER, just complain about how legal immigrants are mistreated).

Visa Bulletin modernization was clearly mentioned to in the EO, the Sept 9th VB move was clearly within the law - and now they do this - its bullshit - we are being cheated.

People who are clamoring for more action items need to know that we are trying to do what is effective, we could spend a lot of energy acting unreasonable and achieving nothing. We have doing this for 9 years, we know all the key players, we have been through this before and we know what won't work. Do the flowers, call your congressman's office in DC - let them know how you feel.

john_jony
09-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Hopefully the efforts bear fruit and the original vb is taken as the active one.

Meanwhile, as suggested by others , I have also written to local congressman in CA and the two senators:

Hello - This mail is regarding the concerns related to Legal Immigration. While the media focuses on illegal immigration, the legal immigrants have no voice, no champion in the society, no political traction and no interests from media whenever an injustice is meted out to them. Earlier this month, the USCIS announced a decision to grant EAD cards and Green cards for people filing till July 2011. I am an immigrant from India who studied in US, bought a single family home here and contribute to society by helping out veterans, charities and community activities. We strictly abide by all rules and have continued to do so since 10+ years. We were naturally elated to some extent on hearing the news and as per rules, went to the medicals and got our documents in order to submit them on October 1. We heard yesterday that the dates have been again retrogressed to 2009. This has caused us a lot of emotional and mental anguish, not to mention physical pain on account of taking 5 vaccine shots on a single day. Please help us and many future immigrant Americans who continue to rely on the core American tradition of immigration to help us build a better life. It puts people like in a deep state of anguish when laws are created so that only extremely limited amount of legal immigrants are allowed to become citizens on account of employment and education from countries such as India where as the same immigrants from Ukraine, Syria, Germany and so on are able to move up the process faster. No one talked about this issue in main media. Only sensational issues like illegal immigration are covered. Who is going to speak for the silent, studying and hard working people like us?
Hope you understand our situation and take this up with Department of Homeland Security, President and USCIS as this is a matter of change in policy.

hil3182
09-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Hopefully the efforts bear fruit and the original vb is taken as the active one.

Meanwhile, as suggested by others , I have also written to local congressman in CA and the two senators:

Hello - This mail is regarding the concerns related to Legal Immigration. While the media focuses on illegal immigration, the legal immigrants have no voice, no champion in the society, no political traction and no interests from media whenever an injustice is meted out to them. Earlier this month, the USCIS announced a decision to grant EAD cards and Green cards for people filing till July 2011. I am an immigrant from India who studied in US, bought a single family home here and contribute to society by helping out veterans, charities and community activities. We strictly abide by all rules and have continued to do so since 10+ years. We were naturally elated to some extent on hearing the news and as per rules, went to the medicals and got our documents in order to submit them on October 1. We heard yesterday that the dates have been again retrogressed to 2009. This has caused us a lot of emotional and mental anguish, not to mention physical pain on account of taking 5 vaccine shots on a single day. Please help us and many future immigrant Americans who continue to rely on the core American tradition of immigration to help us build a better life. It puts people like in a deep state of anguish when laws are created so that only extremely limited amount of legal immigrants are allowed to become citizens on account of employment and education from countries such as India where as the same immigrants from Ukraine, Syria, Germany and so on are able to move up the process faster. No one talked about this issue in main media. Only sensational issues like illegal immigration are covered. Who is going to speak for the silent, studying and hard working people like us?
Hope you understand our situation and take this up with Department of Homeland Security, President and USCIS as this is a matter of change in policy.

Emails are nice, but if you are serious about this, print out the two VB's and spend an hour with a staffer in the local office - if you are looking for an action item with maximum impact, this is it.

They will call the WH for you and tell them this is ridiculous. The email might/might not get the attention of the same staffer - an hour spent with you understanding the finer points of the Visa Bulletin will definitely get their attention. While you are at it, take a print out of HR.213 and ask them to sponsor - it can't hurt. You should also feel free to throw our name around.

When word gets back to the WH that IV volunteers are starting to revolt, they might become more reasonable.

Not to denigrate your efforts, but there is no shortage of people who can write emails and petitions using excellent English while at work -- and this variety of activist does add some value, but the people who will have maximum impact are those who will get off their butts and go to their local office or even better - Washington D.C. - where I was yesterday.

The Administration thought they could do a Friday news dump (http://politicaldictionary.com/words/friday-news-dump/) to minimize this -- little did they know that a bunch of seasoned IV volunteers were co-incidentally converging in D.C. to make a ruckus about this ridiculous treatment in Congress.

john_jony
09-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Thanks.

I will visit the local staffer of the congressman / senator and spend some time with the print outs of the two VBs.

Kudos to all the work that you guys are doing. I think you guys need more awareness in Facebook, Twitter, maybe whatspp since that is used by a lot of Indians. Reddit is also good and many people frequent it. Not to scatter the energy across the internet and to focus mainly on the in person meeting, if there is any team / group meeting with local representatives then I would be glad to attend those.

dvsj
09-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Hi hil3182,

I called my representative's office in Bay Area and spoke to her immigration team. We could not finish the conversation as the person had to jump on another call but promised to call me back soon. During the 5-10 minutes conversation I had, she kept explaining the reason for moving the dates back, i.e. lack of visa availability. Can you please give me some pointers for my follow-up conversation (when she calls back)? I want to make sure she understands the situation and helps in an effective way.

Thanks!

john_jony
09-29-2015, 02:29 PM
So to meet the local officials with the two VB printouts

I am planning to go to local federal senators:
U.S. Senate: Senators of the 114th Congress (http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/)

Since the state senators might not be of help in this case.

Similarly US congressman from your local distrcit:
Find Your Representative · House.gov (http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/)

Please correct me if am wrong.

The flowers + talking with them + any other things might help I think. Meanwhile, any other help while the core IV team does it job, please let me know. There is a lot of positive energy here from committed individuals who have been waiting for a very long time for GC and EAD. Next up would be a cut off date for 140 and labor too.

I know Modi is PM of India and need not look into this but we are still Indians and our sufferings count and maybe , just maybe the govt there can also POTUS and DHS to at the very least ensure that man made laws are not enforced unjustly on its citizens. The Irish and Jews from Russia under Kissinger had a mass movement into the US. Where was the quota then ? Where was it before 1947 when Indians were banned or before 1975 act ? I am sorry about the rant but this is a nation of immigrants and UK/Germany etc everyone comes here and become citizens when we are still waiting for EAD or 140 or what not.

Anyhow, I am going to meet the local rep and help them see that this is what is happening in the legal immigrant arena while everyone is sensationalizing the illegal one.

Also, I am volunteering with local CA chapters. At some point, apart from NY times, Washington Post etc, we must also look into running profiles and stories for NPR and maybe PBS apart from mainstreamers such as Fox and CNN.

hil3182
09-29-2015, 02:35 PM
Hi hil3182,

I called my representative's office in Bay Area and spoke to her immigration team. We could not finish the conversation as the person had to jump on another call but promised to call me back soon. During the 5-10 minutes conversation I had, she kept explaining the reason for moving the dates back, i.e. lack of visa availability. Can you please give me some pointers for my follow-up conversation (when she calls back)? I want to make sure she understands the situation and helps in an effective way.

Thanks!

Here are talking points:

Tell her the DHS and DoS had 10 months to get this right
It is not your fault that they were this incompetent.
You and your employer are in the hole 5K-10K per family in lawyers fees and medical tests
This happened before in 2007, so there is precedent for the DHS to revert to an earlier bulletin when they make a mistake
Tell them to not waste time calling the NVC/DHS - they will always have a good excuse to coverup their screwup, but to escalate to the WH. Tell them that you are an Immigration Voice volunteer and this is the best information you are getting from IV leadership.

Don't forget to send the damn flowers.

rbusgc
09-29-2015, 02:48 PM
Called local congressman's DC office... Immigration staffer was NOT aware of the scenario.. explained him the issue and he requested me to send all the details in an email and agreed to follow up later today.. just emailed the details.. will ask him to reach out to WH once I reach out to him later today.

racoon786
09-29-2015, 02:48 PM
Called congresswoman Tamie Duckworth's office and talked to her senior staffer for about 20 minutes, explaining what the monthly visa bulletin is and how un-just DHS decision is to reverse it and how it impacted myself and thousands of legal skilled immigrants from India and China. My next call is for senator Durbin's office.

hil3182
09-29-2015, 02:57 PM
During these calls, please mention that you are an IV volunteer.

We had a good relationship with the WH based on a joint interest towards creating a fair, modern an efficient immigration system - not because we like their hospitality.

They aren't keeping their end of the bargain - we need to hold them accountable. Using our name will get their attention more then not using it -- everyone who deals with immigration in DC knows our agenda - and they need to know we are upset.

Please note that this is not an official action item, just something for people who want to go beyond the flower campaign. As we escalate, phone calls with a specific message will be probably part of the escalation and you might have to call again with everyone else to keep things coordinated. That said, there is zero downside to you calling your Reps now and later.

dvsj
09-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the pointers, hil3182

The person called back and I explained the situation (using your pointers). She said she will talk to the congresswomen and go from there.

essell
09-29-2015, 03:23 PM
Very happy that just now one of my co worker called our NC 4 Rep Price DC office with regards to the Visa Bulletin. Today the office has already said they are co sponsoring HR 213. They have promised to take the Visa Bulletin issue with WH Legislative POCs today. The more calls they are getting and hearing the impact stories higher chances are we get the Bulletin Reversed.

hil3182
09-29-2015, 04:20 PM
Just wanted to update you guys, I just got word some volunteers on the hill stopped by Lofgren's office again to express their outrage - she is the Ranking Member on Immigration in the House and can (and is) putting pressure on the WH.

Also some volunteers are done with their scheduled meetings and are in "free agency" mode, they are making ad-hoc appointments with Democratic offices and spreading the outrage, asking them to call the WH.

The least you "spectators" can do is send flowers.

sac-r-ten
09-29-2015, 04:24 PM
Just wanted to update you guys, I just got word some volunteers on the hill stopped by Lofgren's office again to express their outrage - she is the Ranking Member on Immigration in the House and can (and is) putting pressure on the WH.

Also some volunteers are done with their scheduled meetings and are in "free agency" mode, they are making ad-hoc appointments with Democratic offices and spreading the outrage, asking them to call the WH.

The least you "spectators" can do is send flowers.

More power and patience to our brothers and sisters in DC. thank you guys / gals.

cheers

dvsj
09-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Flowers sent...

hil3182
09-29-2015, 04:42 PM
We are starting to get confirmation from large mainstream media outlets that they will cover the VB fiasco.

THE MOST IMPORTANT ACTION ITEM RIGHT NOW ARE THE FLOWERS. PLEASE GET THEM OUT!

AViciousCircle
09-29-2015, 05:48 PM
Sent flowers for Oct-1 delivery! Way to go IV...

bhargavsrinadh
09-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Just sent this to Ms. NancyPelopsi, will call her soon

Dear Ms. Pelosi,

I'm writing this letter to you as my only hope to help solve the grave injustice inflicted upon us(legal immigrants) with the last minute October 2015 Visa Bulletin(VB) reversal.

To throw a little background on the issue as part of President Obama's EO on visa modernization, DOS has modified the VB to include two dates one for "Filing of Adjustment of status" which allows us to receive an Employment Authorization Card and a final approval date to receive the Green-card. As part of the new measures, VB was released on Sept 9th and like me thousands of applicants have welcomed the new move and invested a lot of money and emotions in order to file the application on October 1st.

However, as of Sept 25th, 5 days before we can file our applications DHS has reversed the VB pushing the EAD date by more than 2 years without any valid reason. As one of the many SF District #12 immigrants who truly believe in the American dream we are requesting your help to have the VB reverted back to the old dates as initially promised. This has happened in 2007 and DHS has honored the dates first published.

Hoping you could help us and be our champion.

Thanks,
Bhargav.

john_jony
09-29-2015, 07:59 PM
I contacted NPR via facebook and they asked to send a story. I think if there is any media rep. here then they should be the one to contact them and write them a story that could be published in their site which gets lots of readership.
I am also meeting the staffer of local congresswoman tomorrow. Talked with her today and she said we can talk face to face tomorrow morning in SoCal.

MollyBloom
09-29-2015, 09:23 PM
If you have been affected by the rollback of October's visa bulletin and would like to help in the lawsuit and get redress you can not just register as a named plaintiff but also make a declaration as to your damages. Instructions from Greg Siskind (gsiskind@visalaw.com):

Link to Template:
http://www.visalaw.com/wp-content/uploads/DECLARATION.docx),

"As you may have heard, we filed our complaint yesterday asking DOS and USCIS to revert back to the original Visa Bulletin. We are preparing to file an amended complaint tomorrow and also request a Temporary Restraining Order. We intend to include with our documents declarations from individuals harmed by the government's actions. If you are interested in helping with this effort, please download and complete the form that we have created (available here: http://www.visalaw.com/wp-content/uploads/DECLARATION.docx), sign it and email it back to me at gsiskind@visalaw.com. Please put "Declaration" in the subject line. Also, remember that your declaration will be part of a public record and if that is a problem, you should not participate. Thanks."

tracka
09-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Greg Siskind is preparing to get a TRO in court tomorrow and he is asking all affected parties to participate in his Class Action Lawsuit. I am sharing his request. I know some of you are going to jump in and say that 'this is not the venue to post action item of other people'. Remember IV's newsletter, 'Relief from any venue is Welcome'. I am just sharing the news and I am doing all action items from IV as well as all other venues as well.

If anyone interested, Please print, sign and send to Greg with Subject 'Declaration'
-----------------------------------------

As you may have heard, we filed our complaint yesterday asking DOS and USCIS to revert back to the original Visa Bulletin. We are preparing to file an amended complaint tomorrow and also request a Temporary Restraining Order. We intend to include with our documents declarations from individuals harmed by the government's actions. If you are interested in helping with this effort, please download and complete the form that we have created (available here: http://www.visalaw.com/wp-content/uploads/DECLARATION.docx), sign it and email it back to me at gsiskind@visalaw.com. Please put "Declaration" in the subject line. Also, remember that your declaration will be part of a public record and if that is a problem, you should not participate. Thanks.
Sincerely,
greg siskind signature
Greg Siskind
Siskind Susser - Immigration Lawyers
901-682-6455 (O)
901-339-9604 (F)
Email: gsiskind@visalaw.com
Web: Guide To U.S. Immigration Law | Law Firm Assisting With Visas, Green Cards, Naturalization | Siskind Susser PC (http://www.visalaw.com)

Phoenix2010
09-29-2015, 11:55 PM
I called both the senators in Arizona and spoke to their immigration concerns in charge. They were very empathetic of our situation and told that they are aware of the situation and will do what ever is there in their power.

I request everyone to call Senators in their state to voice their opinion.

carlsbad2005
09-30-2015, 01:10 AM
I contacted NPR via facebook and they asked to send a story. I think if there is any media rep. here then they should be the one to contact them and write them a story that could be published in their site which gets lots of readership.
I am also meeting the staffer of local congresswoman tomorrow. Talked with her today and she said we can talk face to face tomorrow morning in SoCal.

Hi

Are you planning to meet in San Diego? If yes, I can try to join you..

Thanks

rbusgc
09-30-2015, 11:03 AM
After a long conversation to explain them what happened congressman's office agreed to check with State/DOS why they changed the visa bulletin... hope these inquiries mount pressure on DHS... something better than nothing. :mad:

Bigapple11
09-30-2015, 11:33 AM
I hope the VB dates are reversed and I'm encouraged by the recent developments - law suit, flower campaign and calls to senators etc.

Can we push in a similar manner for HR213 and/or some relief for EB3 folks - who in my opinion have not benefited at all. It's all been one way traffic for EB2 folks, when will EB3 folks get some relief. Sorry for sounding selfish but I'm not seeing any traction that will help all the EB category collectively.

Best of luck and I hope the Oct VB gets reversed.

Thank you.

monto1
09-30-2015, 11:38 AM
emailed NJ senators about our current issue and will call the office now.

hil3182
09-30-2015, 11:39 AM
I hope the VB dates are reversed and I'm encouraged by the recent developments - law suit, flower campaign and calls to senators etc.

Can we push in a similar manner for HR213 and/or some relief for EB3 folks - who in my opinion have not benefited at all. It's all been one way traffic for EB2 folks, when will EB3 folks get some relief. Sorry for sounding selfish but I'm not seeing any traction that will help all the EB category collectively.

Best of luck and I hope the Oct VB gets reversed.

Thank you.

I am EB3, and I hear ya. Don't worry, we haven't lost sight of the big picture.

Would be nice to see this type of participation for 213 though, we would be looking at north of a 100 sponsors or it would have been through the house by now.

When you call, always mention you are an Immigration Voice Volunteer, it serves several purposes - word will percolate to the WH that we are very upset and there might be some rub-off effect on HR.213 - most staffers associate us with the per-country cap and if IV members call from the district/state -- they will know that constituents support per-country.

If you have the time and inclination, when calling/visiting - start off by saying you want to talk about two things, the VB bulletin and ask for 213 sponsorship.

rbusgc
09-30-2015, 11:55 AM
After a long conversation to explain them what happened congressman's office agreed to check with State/DOS why they changed the visa bulletin... hope these inquiries mount pressure on DHS... something better than nothing. :mad:

Congressman's office emailed me the attached response from DOS/DHS.. not sure if this makes any sense... under the highlighted section.

rbusgc
09-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Congressman's office emailed me the attached response from DOS/DHS.. not sure if this makes any sense... under the highlighted section.

What should I respond to congressman's office regarding any additional questions?... Any creative ways to put more pressure on DHS/DOS?

hil3182
09-30-2015, 12:06 PM

this is Baloney, we are looking at it.

your_kanth
09-30-2015, 12:08 PM
Hello
I was asked to submit below document by my Alabama congress man. Can someone please share a template to do a write-up?

https://byrne.house.gov/sites/byrne.house.gov/files/wysiwyg_uploaded/Privacy%20Act%20Form_0.pdf

DMX17
09-30-2015, 12:20 PM
That explanation is so wrong that it's not even wrong!

rahdirs
09-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Ahh so we finally see whats happening. Quite appalling that both dates will retrogress going forward. I guess we might as well use the current momentum to push the HR213 forward since that is the solution that will benefit all.

Kartik1378
09-30-2015, 12:23 PM
What should I respond to congressman's office regarding any additional questions?... Any creative ways to put more pressure on DHS/DOS?

who will compensate our financial losses? they should answer that. its a broken promise,

hil3182
09-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Hello
I was asked to submit below document by my Alabama congress man. Can someone please share a template to do a write-up?

https://byrne.house.gov/sites/byrne.house.gov/files/wysiwyg_uploaded/Privacy%20Act%20Form_0.pdf

I am sorry, but no one has bandwidth to write letters right now - especially those where no new information is needed.

I suggest you take the time and trouble to write one of one of your own, a suggested outline is below:

Explain the Visa Bulletin
Explain the Retrogressoin
Tell them that this is DHS and DoS fault since they had since November 2014 to do get this right - 9 months
Tell them how much money you spent
Tell them to not contact DHS or DoS for an explanation since they will always find a way to explain the egregious behavior
This is not your fault.
The only remedy is to ask the WH to force the DHS to honor the original VB because of which you and your company spend all this money, so please contact their liaison in the WH on your behalf and communicate this message.
This happened before in 2007, so there is precedent for this remedy.

you might have to add an attachment since that page doesn't look big enough.

hil3182
09-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Also, buy flowers please.

DMX17
09-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Just a sample letter that I made yesterday and sent to my rep. Maybe you can use the general context and fill your personal story.

racoon786
09-30-2015, 12:35 PM
this is Baloney, we are looking at it.

Their response shows that can change cut offs whenever they want, so not sure why they ever wanted two dates and why they even act like they are modernizing anything per Obama's EO.

swapna8015
09-30-2015, 12:54 PM
Admin - please suggest. I am very new here

Would you recommend to post to "Congressman FB page" or "tag". Also heard from someone that "Greg is asking call Reporter who is interested to talk to people who are affected".

Went to meet congressman immigration secretary yesterday and followed up today if she did pass our concerns but as per her, she will do today evening. Would you suggest to write to his FB wall page?

hil3182
09-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Admin - please suggest. I am very new here

Would you recommend to post to "Congressman FB page" or "tag". Also heard from someone that "Greg is asking call Reporter who is interested to talk to people who are affected".

Went to meet congressman immigration secretary yesterday and followed up today if she did pass our concerns but as per her, she will do today evening. Would you suggest to write to his FB wall page?

No downside to anything you propose - except what Pappu says :D.

Bigapple11
09-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Thanks - once we resolve the Oct VB issue, let's push for HR213 in a similar manner.

rbusgc
09-30-2015, 01:09 PM
this is Baloney, we are looking at it. Responded back with the points discussed earlier.. My financial loss, time spent, emotional loss and how DOS/DHS/USCIS will compensate for all of those ... and mentioned that there is a precedence set when this happened last/only time in 2007.. 'revert back'. Will keep you posted if I hear anything back from her.. also emailed the response to Greg.. if that could help the case in any manner. :mad:

swapna8015
09-30-2015, 01:10 PM
Thanks much! Could you please list some bulletin points to write to FB wall page to pass the message. want to make sure Congressman understands and it makes sense to him.

hil3182
09-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Please Re-tweet this. Yesterday, we had another meeting with Congresswoman Lofgren - Ranking Member on Immigration in the House. She is outraged and will escalate to the WH.

Please RT: https://twitter.com/RepZoeLofgren/status/649244738495905792

swapna8015
09-30-2015, 01:18 PM
sure thing. I did let Greg know. here's the reporter twitter page https://twitter.com/GeneAPseattle

tracka
09-30-2015, 01:19 PM
Greg Siskind �@gsiskind 2m2 minutes ago
Thank you Congresswoman Lofgren and Congressman Honda -

https://lofgren.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=397996

swapna8015
09-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Awesome. Thank you!

pman123
09-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Could you contact Greg Siskind at gsiskind@visalaw.com or afree@barrettjohnston.com regarding which congressman you got the response from ? Had forwarded your attachment to him and below is the response I got from him

VERY helpful. Can we get this attributed if we present it to the judge today?

Greg

rbusgc
09-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Could you contact Greg Siskind at gsiskind@visalaw.com or afree@barrettjohnston.com regarding which congressman you got the response from ? Had forwarded your attachment to him and below is the response I got from him

VERY helpful. Can we get this attributed if we present it to the judge today?

Greg

I have forwarded my entire communication (including the attachement) to Greg's and Barret's email ids. I got the response from Congressman Pittenger's Office here in Charlotte, NC.

Please let me know if there is any other email id I need to forward the communications to?

pman123
09-30-2015, 01:56 PM
I have forwarded my entire communication (including the attachement) to Greg's and Barret's email ids. I got the response from Congressman Pittenger's Office here in Charlotte, NC.

Please let me know if there is any other email id I need to forward the communications to?
Thank you, those were the only 2 he included in the request

john_jony
09-30-2015, 01:58 PM
And explained her the situation. She also voiced support and asked to send her email.
In email, I have explained the situation, the solution - which is tto revert back to old bulletin as well as support for hr 213. Asked her to use her influence with WH as well as other agencies like state dep or uscis or dhs .. you know a word with their secretary when they run in congress halls would not be bad to know the legit sufferings of all of us affected by this sudden vb change.

I would implore all my berthen to contact them online (social media and their email forms ) as well offline. The congresswoman mentioned the same thing. I told her I am a member of IV and there are thousands of us. They like the high numbers and suggested to go in a group to local congress and senators and highlight the issue. Folks, create awareness and get high numbers. This impacts lot of Indians as well as chinese mexicans etc. So get the number high always.

Media: I wont talk to them directly but will redirect them to admins here - have already contacted the CA chapter admin and I have an in on NPR who are pretty good and well read in DC. NPR also suggested San Francisco's KQED, If anyone from there willing to take up this lead and talk to tthem - call them, tweet them, fb them , email them whatever works ..then it would be great!

This would all hopefully compelement the main work that IV folks are doing. We also need to meet up physically at some place and then go to meet local senator or congressman.

I also contacted Times of india or indian express but no use. Can anyone else try ? There is no point in this indian media covering a doctor or engineer who has made it when they cant highlight our sufferings. More fdi , more media coverage and good will here is nothing if this is how uscis is going to treat indians. Every little help that anyone from india - media or govt gives also helps. Dont we after all return the favor by remitting world record amount of money ? It would be nice if other us citizens and gc holders also pitch in and rake this up with local lawmakers.

Let us not let this thread die and keep posting any small updates and positive news.

pman123
09-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Immigrants say about-face on visas costs them millions (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/2278e294d9aa498ea8a5b74ba28a727c/immigrants-say-about-face-visas-costs-them-millions)

tracka
09-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Immigrants say about-face on visas costs them millions (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/2278e294d9aa498ea8a5b74ba28a727c/immigrants-say-about-face-visas-costs-them-millions)

Please post positive comments below the article.

phota
09-30-2015, 03:52 PM
Now that we have got some media attention in AP article ( more to come), lets all keep it cool and only post positive comments and logical explainations. lets avoid picking up a fight in the discussion section.

tracka
09-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Now ABCNEWS is covering news as well
Finally Media Woke up on #visagate2015

Immigrants Say About-Face on Visas Costs Them Millions - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/immigrants-face-visas-costs-millions-34155859)

pman123
09-30-2015, 04:10 PM
StarTribune in Minnesota ... Immigrants say about-face on visas costs them millions - StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/immigrants-say-about-face-on-visas-costs-them-millions/330132341/)

pandhi
09-30-2015, 04:20 PM
CNN reporter is looking forward to talk to affected people for visagate2015607

hil3182
09-30-2015, 04:22 PM

Thank you we are on it.

racoon786
09-30-2015, 04:51 PM
Please post positive comments below the article.

Tried to post a link to the twintower florist but looks like they did not approve it

swapna8015
09-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Congresswoman Katherine Clark FB wall allows visitors to post https://www.facebook.com/CongresswomanClark

can we post here? I did below

Mam Katherine Clark, I want to bring your attention to ‪#‎VisaGate2015‬ Could you please escalate to White House and help us. You can read more here at
Immigrants Say About-Face on Visas Costs Them Millions - ABC News

moon_walker333
09-30-2015, 05:09 PM
DO NOT DO THAT.
Ask Greg or anyone to forward to IV instead.

For all reporters ask them to contact Immigrationvoice directly. We will put the reporters in touch with the right people with most compelling story and talking points on visa bulletin. Additionally this is not about putting a sob story out there. It has to go far beyond that in media coverage. let IV leadership handle it delicately.

pappu/hil, CNN's Moni Basu is looking to get in touch with immigrants affected by this Visagate. Here is her tweet --> https://twitter.com/MbasuCNN/status/649312822346784768

hil3182
09-30-2015, 05:18 PM
pappu/hil, CNN's Moni Basu is looking to get in touch with immigrants affected by this Visagate. Here is her tweet --> https://twitter.com/MbasuCNN/status/649312822346784768

Thank you. We are in touch with her.

tracka
09-30-2015, 05:23 PM
Now Washington Times

Immigrants say about-face on visas costs them millions - Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/30/immigrants-say-about-face-on-visas-costs-them-mill/)

testman
09-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Don't we think that we need to thank Greg Siskind for all the attention to our problems. He is the one who took the lead on filing the lawsuit.

Go, Greg! We are all rooting for you!

hil3182
09-30-2015, 05:57 PM

We had a good conversation with her, so good she has tweeted about the flower campaign. Please favorite and retweet the following:

https://twitter.com/MbasuCNN/status/649332480596668416
https://twitter.com/immivoice/status/649340118055022592

I am sure a story will follow.

hil3182
09-30-2015, 06:09 PM
Don't we think that we need to thank Greg Siskind for all the attention to our problems. He is the one who took the lead on filing the lawsuit.

Go, Greg! We are all rooting for you!

No we don't. We owe him for the lawsuit, which we are very grateful for. We have a team furiously reaching out to media for the last few days, the results of which you are seeing now.

Frankly, I would rather he focus on the quality of his brief and leave the advocacy to the people who do it day in and day out. If his lawsuit doesn't survive preliminary motions and gets summarily dismissed it weakens us.

testman
09-30-2015, 06:51 PM
I didn't word my response correctly. I meant we owe him for contributing to our struggle - not for all the coverage. Point noted.

I understand your stance. Thank you for responding.

maga
09-30-2015, 08:06 PM
Go Greg! Greg's lawsuit also drew attention to the issue. Most of the articles refer to the lawsuit.

shyamps
09-30-2015, 10:08 PM
Go Greg! Greg's lawsuit also drew attention to the issue. Most of the articles refer to the lawsuit.

U seem to be new to IV. Let me fill u in. Flower campaigns, tend to attract more attention, especially because it is being targeted to the DHS office & will be covered by the media when it happens. Im hoping they blow it out in front on TV during prime time showing how many flowers are being delivered to lodge protest against this corrupt government.
Thatll have a better impact when it comes on TV. On the other hand Lawsuits don't tend to gather so much attention these days unless they involve murder, sex scandal, embezzlement or some other dishonest practice. If there is a Committee hearing in Congress about this, that might also move the wheels a little bit. Otherwise there really is nothing else that is exciting enough to cause the sensation that is needed. But this fiasco needs to be called out on several fronts. Filing a lawsuit is obviously one of the pressure points & Greg himself acknowledges and encourages other forms of agitation.

greyhair
09-30-2015, 10:24 PM

How many times have Greg written about exploitation of employees on H1B and L1 visa? Can you please point me 1 out of hundreds of blogs on his website, just 1? Is there rampant exploitation on H1B and L1? Absolutely. Does Greg not know there is exploitation? Not possible. And you think Greg is God? That is why all business of all gods in all religions is a scam, because people who are the culprits are declared Gods by illiterate and ignorant people.

Let me ask you this - why do people want to file Adjustment of Status or get green card - because we will be able to get EAD and we will be free. So Greg in this show he is filign this lawsuit but he has not done anything, not ever spoken up against exploitation. Rather he has extensively asked to increase H1B and L1 visas, meaning more exploitation. But according to you, Greg is GOD?

Visa Bulletin reversal is no small thing. This attention is given, it was there in July 2007 as well and Greg Lawsuit did not exist back then. You misunderstand Greg's lawsuit. His lawsuit is not drawing attention to the issue. His lawsuit is drawing attention to Greg, instead of focusing on visa bulletin and exploitation. Look at this discussion, we are talking about Greg not about Visa Bulletin.

The fact is Greg is the Donald Trump of Visa bulletin.

d.kiran
09-30-2015, 11:08 PM
I don't understand why all this vitriol about lawyers. I understand they might not be necessarily on our side. But if we don't have anything nice to say about them, then we need not say anything.

I believe everyone maximizes their self-interest. In Greg's case, he is personally not affected by this. He would not have filed the lawsuit if he did not stand to gain. Everyone knows this and doesn't mind as long as the result helps us.

IV on the other hand, has members who are actually going through this process and are negatively affected like all of us. I genuinely belief in their mission and the ways in which their boots on the ground advocacy works.

However, I think the better strategy is to work with as many people as possible to get what we want. Occasionally, that might mean working with people, we might disagree with on certain issues but we need to reach out and work with people who are willing to work with us and not alienate us. I don't mean Greg, but there are thousands of people who believe in him. Why alienate them when we can reach out to them and include them in our efforts ?

hil3182
09-30-2015, 11:28 PM
I don't understand why all this vitriol about lawyers. I understand they might not be necessarily on our side. But if we don't have anything nice to say about them, then we need not say anything.

I believe everyone maximizes their self-interest. In Greg's case, he is personally not affected by this. He would not have filed the lawsuit if he did not stand to gain. Everyone knows this and doesn't mind as long as the result helps us.

IV on the other hand, has members who are actually going through this process and are negatively affected like all of us. I genuinely belief in their mission and the ways in which their boots on the ground advocacy works.

However, I think the better strategy is to work with as many people as possible to get what we want. Occasionally, that might mean working with people, we might disagree with on certain issues but we need to reach out and work with people who are willing to work with us and not alienate us. I don't mean Greg, but there are thousands of people who believe in him. Why alienate them when we can reach out to them and include them in our efforts ?

This vitriol about lawyers is because their lobbying organizations and interest groups are totally aligned against your (and my) best interests. We are reminded of this every time we go down to DC and have to spend FaceTime clarifying lies and Mis-conceptions they are spreading.

As you correctly pointed out, Greg has self-interest here. We have shared in our newsletter, we wish him well in this lawsuit and hope it succeeds so we can move on to further battles like the rest of the EO and HR.213.

We have to deal with the lies and misconceptions they have deliberately spread in DC about us and it is very very nauseating to see this ridiculous hero worship.

In this one instance, for very different reasons Greg and us have overlapping interests, and we wish him all the best.

But when it's all said and done, we still have to push the EO, still have to push 213 and at every step we have to fight against the mis-conceptions that these people have spread.

Now, please re-read grayhairs comment, I hope you understand why now.

One last thing, the Sept 9th VB move happened because of our work. People made all kinds of sacrifices to do WH meetings with fancy handouts and presentations at arbitrary times they wanted to meet with us. No one feels more outraged and cheated than we do.

max4438
10-01-2015, 12:16 AM
While we are debating this topic may I ask admin and other senior members a simple question - "how is it legal to discriminate based on national origin?"

Everytime I ask this question I get referred to HR213 and asked to support it. Which is fine, I whole heartedly support it and also understand that congress is the one which has set numerical visa limits and it alone has the authority to change it.

Now that we have this out of the way - I ask again - why do we have a rule in the books that promotes lawful discrimination based on national origin? Isn't this a legal basis of a lawsuit itself?

My train ticket says on its back "no discrimination based on race, religion, age, sexual orientation and national origin." Why does then during GC there is discrimination based on national origin? If the rule was created at a time when law makers didn't realize it may inadvertently lead to discrimination then can't we bring to light the descrimination aspect of this.

Keep in mind that there is a long history of disecriminating against immigrants based on unlawful reasons - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asiatic_Barred_Zone_Act (including no immigrants from British India).

But in today's time surely this should not be allowed. Note that I understand none of us are lawyers but I still wanted to bring to light the discrimination aspect of the country based numerical limits.

d.kiran
10-01-2015, 12:23 AM
I had the same question. While we may feel that it is discrimination against national origin, it really is not.

Congress did not specify a national origin. They wrote the law that said that no country can get more than 7% of the available visas. Therefore, by law, they are not discriminating against anyone, they are, in fact, treating everyone equally. The problem is that simply statistically, you will have more people coming from the only two countries more populous than USA and this is what is causing the lengthy delays.

This could have been challenged if it was unconstitutional or if it conflicted with any law already in the books. However, that is not the case.

The only alternative now is the pass another law that overrides it.

max4438
10-01-2015, 12:39 AM
I understand but couldn't it be argued that although the intention on paper is to treat every country equally, however the laws upon implementation puts immigrants from populous countries at a disadvantage. This disadvantage is a result of being born in a populous country, which the immigrant has no control over.

This can be compared to laws which appear to be have noble intentions but exploit "circumstances" that impacted parties have no control over. For example, disenfranchising poor or elderly voters by asking for a drivers license. Poor or elderly voters may not have the money or the need to get a drivers license.

Hence, the law may perhaps is exploiting circumstances (birth) to keep immigrants from certain unwanted countries out. Again, I am no lawyer, just trying to decode the law and underlying intention.

d.kiran
10-01-2015, 12:45 AM
I am not a lawyer as well. But the letter and spirit of the law are two different things.

The only recourse to getting a law nullified is to have a lawsuit. However, the chances of success of a lawsuit based on the intent/spirit is so low that most lawyers will not take it.

This question has been asked many times in this form as far back as 2008/2009 . All I can say is that, if this was an option that could be pursued legally, it would have been.

For the legal answer, I defer to an actual lawyer rather than some random dude on the internet

max4438
10-01-2015, 01:14 AM
I understand that it is difficult to argue based on letter and spirit. Thank you for engaging with me on this topic. You're right, if it was worth pursuing, it may have already been explored earlier.

Going back to HR213, a request to the admin and other senior members. There is a lot we can learn from how things have unfolded today. Suddenly there are stories in the media and a lot of attention.

You may not agree with the lawyers but we can learn and apply some of the same methods to get attention and news stories out. I was particularly impressed with how quickly journalists came out of the woodwork and suddenly AP and few other local news papers were covering it. I am sure IV is already well versed with how to highlight HR213 in the media but there are always opportunities to learn new methods especially from those we don't agree with. We should look into how to create, maintain and leverage media contacts from top news outlets.

I hope my message doesn't come off as a smug remark.

d.kiran
10-01-2015, 01:19 AM
Ouch :-) . IV did most of the background work for the media coverage.

max4438
10-01-2015, 01:24 AM
Lol, I knew I may be suggesting something the you guys are already doing regularly. I've seen the stories being collected and journalists being contacted, so yes you're right IV is already doing the ground work.

nvs123
10-01-2015, 08:26 AM
Time and again I am seeing negative comments on IV and it is very unfortunate for the Admins to respond on those comments and say what they are doing behind the scene. Last time when IV released information on the bill that will be passed on October, everyone was praising IV that they did everything. And now, when you don't see some "Tweets" as Greg, you are thinking that IV is not doing anything. Guess what, these people are Actually working without publicity. If you believe it or not, its upto you. But please don't say any negative things about them. Would it not hurt you if you are doing something and someone says bad about you? Just think before posting anything.

monto1
10-01-2015, 08:37 AM
i totally agree with nvs123 ,lets keep fighting and focus on current issue.

We are thankful to everyone who are fighting for us.

missedthecut
10-01-2015, 08:37 AM
How many times have Greg written about exploitation of employees on H1B and L1 visa? Can you please point me 1 out of hundreds of blogs on his website, just 1? Is there rampant exploitation on H1B and L1? Absolutely. Does Greg not know there is exploitation? Not possible. And you think Greg is God? That is why all business of all gods in all religions is a scam, because people who are the culprits are declared Gods by illiterate and ignorant people.

Let me ask you this - why do people want to file Adjustment of Status or get green card - because we will be able to get EAD and we will be free. So Greg in this show he is filign this lawsuit but he has not done anything, not ever spoken up against exploitation. Rather he has extensively asked to increase H1B and L1 visas, meaning more exploitation. But according to you, Greg is GOD?

Visa Bulletin reversal is no small thing. This attention is given, it was there in July 2007 as well and Greg Lawsuit did not exist back then. You misunderstand Greg's lawsuit. His lawsuit is not drawing attention to the issue. His lawsuit is drawing attention to Greg, instead of focusing on visa bulletin and exploitation. Look at this discussion, we are talking about Greg not about Visa Bulletin.

Very well said.

suri321
10-01-2015, 09:14 AM
I had the same question. While we may feel that it is discrimination against national origin, it really is not.

Congress did not specify a national origin. They wrote the law that said that no country can get more than 7% of the available visas. Therefore, by law, they are not discriminating against anyone, they are, in fact, treating everyone equally. The problem is that simply statistically, you will have more people coming from the only two countries more populous than USA and this is what is causing the lengthy delays.

This could have been challenged if it was unconstitutional or if it conflicted with any law already in the books. However, that is not the case.

The only alternative now is the pass another law that overrides it.

I have seen this argument about national origin in immigration voice Facebook page too. While applying for Green card we have country limits based on National origin. Then why not use the same system while applying for H1B Cap? Lawyers are well aware of our problems, but they won't fight on these issues.

hil3182
10-01-2015, 09:25 AM
I have seen this argument about national origin in immigration voice Facebook page too. While applying for Green card we have country limits based on National origin. Then why not use the same system while applying for H1B Cap? Lawyers are well aware of our problems, but they won't fight on these issues.

Ya. You think when lawyers and companies go on the Hill and cry about H1's being used up in one day -- that they EVEN MENTION the backlog?

Do you think they even mention that increasing H1-B w/o increasing Green Cards will make the backlog worse? Do you think anyone asking for more H1's is even going to go there? Seriously?

Having spoken to immigration staffers who deal with companies and lawyers - for years now, I can assure you that our problems are not on the agenda. Where it counts, where they can make a difference - they don't give a flying fuck about us. However, they are very good at making noises in public, using their Twitter account and social media to gin up goodwill and business. But where it counts, every single thing they ask for directly or indirectly hurts us.

maga
10-01-2015, 09:41 AM

Exactly ! Greg is the Trump of Visa Bulletin! Just like Trump , he has drawn a lot of attention without trying to be a "Washington Insider" . He has taken action when it was needed and has communicated to his target audience appropriately without being condescending.

Well I am an atheist and I do not believe in any gods - Greg or IV or any other religious gods.

I am not sure why you refer to exploitation of H1/L1 etc. Obviously the exploitation that undocumented workers face is way more than any of us would ever face. I respect Obama and his administration's decision to not let Legal Immigration take precedence over the issue of Undocumented workers. Having said that I cannot expect Greg to be an anti-exploitation crusader.

All of us have shared interest - You, I, Greg and IV. For you and I- it is the freedom that we want, For IV - It may be a mix of Altruism and the need to serve the legal immigrant community and find their spot under the American sun - and for Greg it may be the eventual expansion of his business- All these are good and Noble intentions. We all have found "commonality of interest" and come together and I think we all complement each other. This is a great thing.

And in this discussion - We are talking about Greg because he is leading an important component of the fight against VB reversal - a class action lawsuit that has a potential to give us relief and also draw attention to the issue - And this is complementing everything IV is doing in terms of advocacy.

maga
10-01-2015, 09:53 AM
I agree with you. I am not in any way suggesting that Greg's lawsuit is drawing more attention than flower campaign or any other advocacy that IV is doing. All I am saying is that Greg is also drawing attention! It is not a zero-sum sum game! - Greg and IV complement each other and together we are getting more attention.

DMX17
10-01-2015, 10:09 AM
I agree with you. I am not in any way suggesting that Greg's lawsuit is drawing more attention than flower campaign or any other advocacy that IV is doing. All I am saying is that Greg is also drawing attention! It is not a zero-sum sum game! - Greg and IV complement each other and together we are getting more attention.

You have made your point. Hil also has said they are grateful for Greg's actions.

This is not the time for IV volunteers to be thinking and wasting time making arguments on why in general 99% of lawyers are silently watching the show and "we are just not filing the AOS until further developments unfold". Again, Greg's acitons are commendable.

Just my two lines to discourage people who love to ignite this fire when the time is just not right.

hil3182
10-01-2015, 11:02 AM
You have made your point. Hil also has said they are grateful for Greg's actions.

This is not the time for IV volunteers to be thinking and wasting time making arguments on why in general 99% of lawyers are silently watching the show and "we are just not filing the AOS until further developments unfold". Again, Greg's acitons are commendable.

Just my two lines to discourage people who love to ignite this fire when the time is just not right.

I disagree. I think this is a great argument to have.

People need understand what is going on behind the scenes, how Immigration lawyers and companies have been screwing with us ever since the inception of the H1 program.

We have a long history with Siskind. During HR.3012, Grassley was (quite justifiably) worried about H1-B fraud and lifted his hold after attaching anti-fraud provisions to HR.3012 - which we were ok with (and companies were ok with too BTW). The only opposition was AILA and Siskind - because so much of their business came from shady consulting companies. They have a demonstrable track record of fighting to protect the status-quo of shady employers exploiting their employees. You can read more about it here (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3041365-update-action-item-hr3012-ask-your-employer-to-sign-this-petition-supporting-hr3012-16.html#post3507979). Look for post #234 by user "gsiskind" on that thread (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3041365-update-action-item-hr3012-ask-your-employer-to-sign-this-petition-supporting-hr3012-16.html#post3507979). I wasn't involved with 3012, but it wouldn't surprise me if AILA's opposition slowed things down in the Senate.

As we have shared earlier, we are grateful that Siskind has filed suit. We hope his suit is good enough not to get thrown out of court for the next few days while we squeeze the WH. If he can get a restraining order, that would be an unexpected bonus.

hil3182
10-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Siskind, Gotcher et al might be nice people and even be half-decent lawyers - but their core interests diverge from your interests.

Never forget that. When you hero worship these guys, you strengthen people whose interests are against your interests.

Always remember, your relationship with them is transactional - in this case one lawsuit - we hope he doesn't fuck up.

If you you talk to Congressional staffers and see the damage they are doing to our cause (per-country and Green Cards), you too will be nauseated by this Siskind hero worship.

rupen
10-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Flowersonfourteenth.com have said they can deliver at 2:30. Don't have special url like twinflowers. But if someone wants to order from there, they can

rankitt
10-01-2015, 12:20 PM
How will we come to know that our flowers have reached and someone has actually taken a look in to it and they know that affected people has sent the flowers.

stuckinline
10-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Siskind, Gotcher et al might be nice people and even be half-decent lawyers - but their core interests diverge from your interests.

Never forget that. When you hero worship these guys, you strengthen people whose interests are against your interests.

Always remember, your relationship with them is transactional - in this case one lawsuit - we hope he doesn't fuck up.

If you you talk to Congressional staffers and see the damage they are doing to our cause (per-country and Green Cards), you too will be nauseated by this Siskind hero worship.

Been following you for a long time.

Thank you so much for taking the time to educate us on the lawyers and companies have been screwing us over the years.

I will be a beneficiary if the Lawsuit and Flower campaign works - but I understand what you are saying about the relationship being "transactional".

And no, you are not "whining", you are putting things in context. There is a lot of history newcomers are not aware off. At a time like this, it is very easy to think of lawyers as our friends and saviors when they have hurt us before.

Everyone should read Siskinds post (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3041365-update-action-item-hr3012-ask-your-employer-to-sign-this-petition-supporting-hr3012-16.html#post3507979) and neelu8's response (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3041365-update-action-item-hr3012-ask-your-employer-to-sign-this-petition-supporting-hr3012-16.html#post3508063).

After following different forums for so long - IV's infamous anti-lawyer position is starting to finally make sense to me and I agree with your position wholeheartedly.

Padala
10-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Do we their reaction, or any coverage?

eastindia
10-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Sorry Admin, moderators or whoever are founding users on here. I am seeing a lot of whining since last Friday on this. No one is discounting the efforts that IV has put in all these years, but please don't go overboard with your negative feedback on lawyers/siskind, it's only showing your insecurity that a lawyer is taking the limelight.

This is the time to get together and try and achieve success not only in something short term as oct visa bulletin but I140 EAD, per country limits etc that you have been advocating for for years.

No one is worshipping a lawyer, like no one is worshipping IV. We are supporting you both since you guys are helping us get what we deserve legally.

Lawsuit is just one drop of honey in the cess pool of poison. This poison is because of H1B lobby asking for more H1B and opposition to our EAD and country limit fixes.

You are too naive.

This drop of honey is a good strategy to win business. Did you even read lawsuit? Money will be recovered for fees if it is won. Both ways its win win.

But you know what reversal will happen by flowers and not by suit. In 2007 it was flowers and not lawsuit,

eastindia
10-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Do we their reaction, or any coverage?

I sent an additional to Marliana Trump, our beautiful future first lady. I am really hoping for coverage and if she can take up our cause. It will be a big boost to our morale.