PDA

View Full Version : F1 Approved in India (Will it affect her Travelling Date before 30 days)

jsnaranha
06-22-2015, 08:51 PM
My wife got approved for F1 visa in India & it is stamped now , she has plan to come here in USA by July first week (i.e. 4th of July) however based on F1 rule she cannot enter the Country 30 day in advance of the starting of college i.e.. College start on August 20 so she can enter only after 21 July or else the approved F1 is not considered at Port of Entry . and she would to do an fresh COS once she arrive in US before 30 days , Can anyone guide me (Note : She has H4 visa Stamped from my employer) I need to know if approval Stamped for f1 visa will be Nullified after she enter USA before 30 days.

Does she have to file and Fresh COS or will going to Mexico and returning the same day help here with COS as she already approved Stamped F1 visa.

haranrk
06-23-2015, 01:23 AM
I don't have an answer. But I would like to know how was the experience of getting F1 visa stamped while on H4. Did she do a COS in the US before going to India for stamping? Any suggestions/advices on how to do the conversion from H4 to F1? Especially when the partner is on H1B with I140 approved stage.

DMX17
06-23-2015, 09:57 AM
Personally I would avoid this travel on H4 due to the possibility of getting questioned on the "non-immigrant intent" that is the basis for enteing on F1 status. The port of entry officer may question why your wife want to enter on H4. But again this is just my opinion.

If she did enter on H4, she can travel outside and enter on F1 after July 20th. Mexico should work.