PDA

View Full Version : H1 extension filed.. no receipt yet..because of H4-EAD applications

pari1234
06-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Hi...

I am in confusion right now. :mad:

My H1B/I-94 is expiring on June 20 2015. My employer applied for H1-B extension on May 22 2015 in Premium process. Today is June 10, 2015. I am supposed to get approval by now. But, did not received even receipt so far. As per rule, if I don't receive at least receipt for H-1B extension filed... I will be out of status. Now, we did whatever we could do (file H-1B extension in timely manner).

What should I do now if I don't receive even receipt by June 20th? Do I need to stop working?

My employer says... He has other employees too whose H-1B is expiring in June and applied for extension in May 2nd-3rd week and did not received even receipt yet and it is probably due H-4 EAD applications....

What should I do? Please let me know...

Bhishma
06-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Pari,

The check you wrote to USCIS, if cashed usually has a receipt number on the back. Ask your employer to see if the check was cashed. And as always check with your attorney what should be your next course of action

Thanks
Bhishma

kingvijay
06-10-2015, 05:14 PM
You premium process won't work now since they put a hold on premium processing for H1 extensions.
My receipt took more than three weeks recently, my guess is you will get the receipt before Jun 20.

DMX17
06-10-2015, 05:50 PM
As long as you have sent the extension to USCIS and proof of delivery, you should be fine.

8 C.F.R. 274a.12(b)(20)

(20) A nonimmigrant alien within the class of aliens described in paragraphs (b)(2), (b)(5), (b)(8), (b)(9), (b)(10), (b)(11), (b)(12), (b)(13), (b)(14), (b)(16), and (b)(19) of this section whose status has expired but who has filed a timely application for an extension of such stay pursuant to 214.2 or 214.6 of this chapter.

testman
06-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Hi...

I am in confusion right now. :mad:

My H1B/I-94 is expiring on June 20 2015. My employer applied for H1-B extension on May 22 2015 in Premium process. Today is June 10, 2015. I am supposed to get approval by now. But, did not received even receipt so far. As per rule, if I don't receive at least receipt for H-1B extension filed... I will be out of status. Now, we did whatever we could do (file H-1B extension in timely manner).

What should I do now if I don't receive even receipt by June 20th? Do I need to stop working?

My employer says... He has other employees too whose H-1B is expiring in June and applied for extension in May 2nd-3rd week and did not received even receipt yet and it is probably due H-4 EAD applications....

What should I do? Please let me know...

Don't worry. It doesn't matter as long as your employer filed and extension. You may have other issues such as driving license expiration, etc. But you are not out of status at all.

pari1234
06-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Thanks so much ALL for your reply and guidance... I just recently started following this forum and this is the first forum where I got reply for guidance I needed..

Loved Immigration Voice and you effort...

Yeah...my second problem is driving licence...I will start try to go and request to extend my driving licence on receipt... I know, my DMV is not going to do so.. (already tried this last year when my extension was filed and approved before it expired, but got physical approved I-797 on hand after a week... and they did not renewed my driving licence on scanned copy of approved I-797:confused:)

IV members... there should be solution to this driving licence issue too... they should renew driving licence based on receipt..

pari1234
08-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Please help me folks.... came with such situation very first time

I am working at client location at company XYZ (one of Fortune 500 company :cool:). And company XYZ's policy is "they cannot provide any kind of letter to contractors or consultants". (Wierd) So, I didn't get client letter. So, my employer filed H-1B extension without client letter and included other supporting documents like contracts and all. Now, I got RFE which means, they are looking for "Client Letter". Again, I requested my manager and again same reply that "it is against company policy". Now, attorney is going to submit the email that my manager sent that "to provide any letter to contractors is against company policy"

Is there anything else I can provide as proof of my working at company XYZ?

I feel like being sandwich between USCIS and company XYZ.

Weird....weird... weird company policy...

moon_walker333
08-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Please help me folks.... came with such situation very first time

I am working at client location at company XYZ (one of Fortune 500 company :cool:). And company XYZ's policy is "they cannot provide any kind of letter to contractors or consultants". (Wierd) So, I didn't get client letter. So, my employer filed H-1B extension without client letter and included other supporting documents like contracts and all. Now, I got RFE which means, they are looking for "Client Letter". Again, I requested my manager and again same reply that "it is against company policy". Now, attorney is going to submit the email that my manager sent that "to provide any letter to contractors is against company policy"

Is there anything else I can provide as proof of my working at company XYZ?

I feel like being sandwich between USCIS and company XYZ.

Weird....weird... weird company policy...

Not getting a Client Letter is pretty common these days, with most of the companies. You can submit screenshot of your Badge/ID if it has your Photo and/or Name; screenshot of Client's recent timesheets; screenshot of your Client Mailbox showing your email address.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

pari1234
08-12-2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks so much for your input. Just provided to attorney. I hope, he could use those.

Provided
- XYZ's my ID picture
- Organization Chart of my position (with my information)
- Screen shot of my mailbox

pari1234
09-24-2015, 12:42 PM
Provided all proofs to reply to RFE for client letter.
-Screen shots of work email
-Print-out of email from my manager stating that they cannot provide client letter as it is against company policy with her signature
- pic of my Batch ID
- Invoice
- Contract
- Middle Vendor letter
- timesheets

But, my H1B extension denied on same reason on 09/01/15

H1 and I-94 expiration date : 06/21/15
H1 extension Receipt date: 06/23/15 (filed on 05/22/15, but because of H4-EADs...)
H1 Extension denied date : 09/01/15
H4 receipt date : 09/16/15

Am I in legal status? This gap in I-94 dates is not letting me sleep. I-94 expired on 06/21/15. H1 extension denied on 09/01/15. I was working until 08/31/15. H4 receipt date 09/16/15. I don't have current I-94 in my hand yet.

Another thing...
my Husband's PD is current for Oct'15 VB. We are getting our documents ready to file I-485/EAD/AP in October. We will add my H4 receipt as part of documents (haven't received it yet, just got text from USCIS). I have few questions...

1) Do I need to add anything from following?
- H1 Extension Receipt
- RFE Letter
- H1 Extension Denial Letter

2) My I-94 is expired. But, actually, I was not out of status as my application was pending and even now my application for H4 is pending. There is a gap of 15 days between their decision date and H4 receipt date which includes...days getting to know H1 extension is denied, getting ready for H4 documents, mailed H4 application and they received it... So, Is this 15 days gap OK? I am really worried.

3) Is there a chance my I-485 can denied based on this I-94 gap? I don't think, this situation is unique as my application was pending.

Someone please reply.

Thanks.

hfourvisa
09-25-2015, 07:58 AM
Provided all proofs to reply to RFE for client letter.
-Screen shots of work email
-Print-out of email from my manager stating that they cannot provide client letter as it is against company policy with her signature
- pic of my Batch ID
- Invoice
- Contract
- Middle Vendor letter
- timesheets

But, my H1B extension denied on same reason on 09/01/15

H1 and I-94 expiration date : 06/21/15
H1 extension Receipt date: 06/23/15 (filed on 05/22/15, but because of H4-EADs...)
H1 Extension denied date : 09/01/15
H4 receipt date : 09/16/15

Am I in legal status? This gap in I-94 dates is not letting me sleep. I-94 expired on 06/21/15. H1 extension denied on 09/01/15. I was working until 08/31/15. H4 receipt date 09/16/15. I don't have current I-94 in my hand yet.

Another thing...
my Husband's PD is current for Oct'15 VB. We are getting our documents ready to file I-485/EAD/AP in October. We will add my H4 receipt as part of documents (haven't received it yet, just got text from USCIS). I have few questions...

1) Do I need to add anything from following?
- H1 Extension Receipt
- RFE Letter
- H1 Extension Denial Letter

2) My I-94 is expired. But, actually, I was not out of status as my application was pending and even now my application for H4 is pending. There is a gap of 15 days between their decision date and H4 receipt date which includes...days getting to know H1 extension is denied, getting ready for H4 documents, mailed H4 application and they received it... So, Is this 15 days gap OK? I am really worried.

3) Is there a chance my I-485 can denied based on this I-94 gap? I don't think, this situation is unique as my application was pending.

Someone please reply.

Thanks.

I am not an attorney and I cannot answer with certainty about your questions but one thing I would like to request you is not to worry and lose sleep over this issue. You did everything according to the law of this country and good thing is your Husband's PD is current. You will be fine. We got our Canadian PR's and did the landing and when we were coming back the US Immigration officer did not record my wife name correctly and as such we or my attorney could not find the I-94 details online( as we are current too to file our I-485):) and called the CBP and corrected it.

You are saying you have a gap of 15 days. If you received a denial, you cannot uproot yourself the next day like a bird or something. You got a H4 receipt notice. At the best they may ask you to come back with fresh visa from India or whatever country you come from. File the I-485, have peace of mind.

These Greencards are worth to it for the effort but not worth to lose sleep and health.

All the best:)