PDA

View Full Version : Very Complicated Situation

ClaraDiscua
04-30-2015, 06:40 PM
:confused: Hopefully someone can help me. My case is complicated and I am not sure where to go from here. My husband and I have been legally married since Feb 14, 2014. He was illegally in the US and was previously removed in 2009 after being in the country for only a few days. In October 2014 his brother was murdered in Honduras and he left the US, because the rest of the family faced danger from the MS 13 that had murdered his brother. He removed them from Honduras walking them through Guatemala to Mexico and asking for refugee status once they got to Mexico. I asked for them to be transferred to Matamoros, which was granted, because he and I are married and I was living in Matamoros. Of course, they are not allowed to leave Matamoros while their case is being processed in Mexico and have to report to INM every Monday to sign in during their case processing. If I were to send his I 130 and the waiver the case would be sent to Honduras I assume and he cannot go to Honduras due to the danger he would face and he cannot travel to Juarez if they send the case there due to the fact that the Mexican government has forbidden him from traveling outside of the state of Tamaulipas. I am not sure what we can do? I don't know if he can ask for asylum in the US, because everyone I have asked about this said that he doesn't qualify for asylum, because he is 1 married to a US citizen and 2 because it is a situation based on gang/cartel violence even though the police turned a blind eye. I am so frustrated. I have 10 of his family members living with me in Matamoros, including 3 children ages 15 years, 1 year old and 8 years old. His mother who is 61 and no longer mentally competent and all of them are driving me bananas.