PDA

View Full Version : how long can i stay in india with AP?

gcwanter
04-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Hi,

we (spouse, myself and kid) are on AP for past 7 years. Spouse wants to pursue a business venture in india and this will require for him to be in India for 3 to 4 months to begin with.

After that he might be able to make it for 2 to 3 weeks and head back to India again?

is this ok to do on AP.? are there any restrictions - such as "cannot stay outside US for more than 6 months" etc?

goal is for all of us to return after 2 years and spouse wants to make this business venture work, before we return as a family

any guidance will help

asaxena
04-08-2015, 04:59 PM
you need to return ,before your AP Expires

spicy_guy
04-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Hi,

we (spouse, myself and kid) are on AP for past 7 years. Spouse wants to pursue a business venture in india and this will require for him to be in India for 3 to 4 months to begin with.

After that he might be able to make it for 2 to 3 weeks and head back to India again?

is this ok to do on AP.? are there any restrictions - such as "cannot stay outside US for more than 6 months" etc?

goal is for all of us to return after 2 years and spouse wants to make this business venture work, before we return as a family

any guidance will help

Your guess is right. One cannot stay more than 6 months outside of US to keep his 485 alive. Well, in fact one might be questioned by VO for outside stay longer than 2 months. You need to be prepared to answer.

If you want longer stay, you need to apply for Return Permit, which is given for 2 yrs.

gcwanter
04-09-2015, 02:07 PM
thank you for your reply

isnt reentry permit only for GC holders or LPR(legal perm residents)?

asaxena
04-09-2015, 08:30 PM
thank you for your reply

isnt reentry permit only for GC holders or LPR(legal perm residents)?

-----------------------------

Reentry permits is for GC Holders,who need stay away for more than 1 year out side usa

For AOS applicants

You have to return ,before your AP Expiry?