PDA

View Full Version : Passport expires in less than six months

shackled
11-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Hello,
I am an indian citizen residing in the US and I am travelling to India on friday for vacation. I also need to get the h1B stamp revalidation on my passport. I just realized my passport expires in six months, and I don't have time to renew it before I leave for India, and my visa appointment is as soon as I enter India. Although the embassy site says my passport needs to be valid within six months of when I apply for the visa, there is also a link that states that certain countries allow for passports to valid for six months after expiry, and that includes India.

I was wondering if I basically shouldn't be travelling until I get my passport renewed, or if there shouldn't be an issue here. Has anyone run into similar situations?

spicy_guy
11-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Hello,
I am an indian citizen residing in the US and I am travelling to India on friday for vacation. I also need to get the h1B stamp revalidation on my passport. I just realized my passport expires in six months, and I don't have time to renew it before I leave for India, and my visa appointment is as soon as I enter India. Although the embassy site says my passport needs to be valid within six months of when I apply for the visa, there is also a link that states that certain countries allow for passports to valid for six months after expiry, and that includes India.

I was wondering if I basically shouldn't be travelling until I get my passport renewed, or if there shouldn't be an issue here. Has anyone run into similar situations?

From what I know, you are all fine. No issues. You still have 6 months.