PDA

View Full Version : Looming Iraq war and Immigration reform

greyhair
06-14-2014, 12:16 AM
So, due to war in Iraq and too fresh from 911, the bill could not be passed in 2005/6/7

2008/9 economy was bad.

2009/10 healthcare took all the time.

2011/12 was pre 2nd term election preparation.

2013 House won't pass the bill

And in 2014 Republicans again want to go to war in Iraq.

This time, as every other Middle East crisis, Saudi Arabia wants to eliminate another threat to its empire. Syria is a majority Shia. Saudi Arabia (which is major Sunni) wants to take out Syria/Assad. So Saudi Arabia started funding Sunni insurgents. Saudi Arabia funded and staged Syria unrest expecting that US will intervene to take out Assad/Syria. Money pumped in to Republicans who asked for attack on Syria. Obama refused to attack Syria. Saudi Arabia got upset. It provided more funding to insurgents so Sunni insurgents can attack Iraq, because Saudi Arabia knows US cannot sit out if there is a danger of Al Maliki/Baghdad falling. So now Sunni insurgents are attacking Baghdad. Obama is again refusing to intervene because he wants Iran (another Shia majority) to put boots on the ground to fight Sunni insurgents (that are funded by Saudi Arabia). But it seems US will be slowly drawn into this war, starting with air strikes.

And long story short, just as in 2005/6/7, passing immigration reform will be even more difficult if there is another Iraq war.

greyhair
06-14-2014, 01:29 PM
US press/media is so full of it. You can not read/listen to the news about Iraq without having someone say that ISIS is so extreme that event Al Qaeda have abandon them :rolleyes:

Al Qaeda abandoned ISIS because there was infighting for leadership and direction of war with US. But US media/press is saying outrageous phrases and beating the drum of public opinion so US can enter into another war in Iraq, starting with air strikes. And to make it happen, US media (paid for by Saudi Arabian sheikhs) are saying outrageous things so public opinion can side with the war.

This congress cannot chew gum and walk at the same time. Another US war in Iraq could further delay immigration reform by another 2 years or more (Cantor's defeat had nothing to do with immigration reform).

greyhair
06-15-2014, 11:24 PM
US is all set to make another run at Iraq. This is going to be Iraq version 3. What a waste.

A lot of oil money seem to flow into republicans from Saudi to make a fresh pitch to attack Iraq and then follow ISIS into Syria. Hopeless

greyhair
06-17-2014, 07:11 AM
There are both classic must watch Jon Stewart segments

Excellent reporting on Republicans again wanting to go to war in Iraq
The Daily Show 19119 Highlights - Video Clips - The Daily Show | Comedy Central (http://thedailyshow.cc.com/video-playlists/b8so6q/the-daily-show-19119-highlights/a6yqrp)

Iran and Saudi competition and obsession with oil
The Daily Show 19119 Highlights - Video Clips - The Daily Show | Comedy Central (http://thedailyshow.cc.com/video-playlists/b8so6q/the-daily-show-19119-highlights/7v01wm)

It is settled, US is entering another Iraq war - version III

greyhair
06-18-2014, 02:56 PM
President Obama is holding his ground to not intervene despite the pressure from republicans and Saudis.

The power to go to war is with the Congress (not the President). If republicans feel so strongly about the need for another war in Iraq then they can bring up a bill in Congress. But the kabuki theater of Senator McCain and Lindsey Graham will continue without introducing any meaningful bill.

The worst part is that beating down war drums in media (paid for by Saudis) is working the public opinion. 57% Americans believe that Obama is wrong on foreign policy. Does it mean most Americans agree with McCain to go to Iraq war version III? Given the past history, that seems to be the case.

greyhair
06-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Other than the handful of vocal chest thumping war mongers on the right, almost everyone is behind the President opposed to any airstrikes and direct involvement in Iraq, including General Petraeus, who many on the right asked to be brought back to again attack Iraq

David Petraeus: U.S. must not be Iraq ‘air force for Shiite militias’ (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/19/david-petraeus-u-s-must-not-be-iraq-air-force-for-shiite-militias/)

Congress needs to abandon another war theory and invest time to pass immigration reform for benefit of America.

open.247
06-19-2014, 09:53 PM
So, due to war in Iraq and too fresh from 911, the bill could not be passed in 2005/6/7

2008/9 economy was bad.

2009/10 healthcare took all the time.

2011/12 was pre 2nd term election preparation.

2013 House won't pass the bill

And in 2014 Republicans again want to go to war in Iraq.

This time, as every other Middle East crisis, Saudi Arabia wants to eliminate another threat to its empire. Syria is a majority Shia. Saudi Arabia (which is major Sunni) wants to take out Syria/Assad. So Saudi Arabia started funding Sunni insurgents. Saudi Arabia funded and staged Syria unrest expecting that US will intervene to take out Assad/Syria. Money pumped in to Republicans who asked for attack on Syria. Obama refused to attack Syria. Saudi Arabia got upset. It provided more funding to insurgents so Sunni insurgents can attack Iraq, because Saudi Arabia knows US cannot sit out if there is a danger of Al Maliki/Baghdad falling. So now Sunni insurgents are attacking Baghdad. Obama is again refusing to intervene because he wants Iran (another Shia majority) to put boots on the ground to fight Sunni insurgents (that are funded by Saudi Arabia). But it seems US will be slowly drawn into this war, starting with air strikes.

And long story short, just as in 2005/6/7, passing immigration reform will be even more difficult if there is another Iraq war.

I hear you . You have deep knowledge of the whats going on with uscis attention and importance of immigration reform given by politician.
They don't care how much hardship we legal EB category people going through .
All they care bring up issue in lime light for the sake of their political gain.

Above all Why the heck they don't pay attention to EB3 I ,all other categories and countries are still not that bad as much as EB3 I.

Its really so shameful. they way USCIS is handling this issue.

Thanks

waitingnwaiting
06-19-2014, 10:18 PM
I hear you . You have deep knowledge of the whats going on with uscis attention and importance of immigration reform given by politician.
All they care bring up issue in lime light for the sake of their political gain.

Above all Why the heck they don't pay attention to EB3 I ,all other categories and countries are still not that bad as much as EB3 I.

Thanks

You are factually correct that EB3 is backlogged, but your statement is the reason why it is backlogged. Each one of us thinks of our category and PD in line and so we are not united. Actually EB3 Other workers and some Family Based categories are more more backlogged than EB3 India. So the question is who is more important? EB1 that is the cream of the crop or treating everyone with the same brush : skilled, unskilled, family, close relative, far relatives, asylum seekers, investors..?
If you are the President what would you do? Would you allow everyone to come in within 1 year whoever applies in any category? Would you just get rid of every category and put a first in first our system for everyone? Would you not give preference to certain people over others so that USA gets cream of the crop and closest relatives first? Would you not ration immigration so that every third person in the world and everyone from developing nations does not enter the country it cannot sustain? What would you do? I would love to engage in an intelligent conversation with people here and see what their thoughts are on policymaking.

As a policy maker national issues come first and economy, war, global terrorism, etc are more important than overhauling immigration in my opinion.

greyhair
06-19-2014, 11:38 PM
As a policy maker national issues come first and economy, war, global terrorism, etc are more important than overhauling immigration in my opinion.

WHAT? You can pick a fight with any guy walking on the street who is not even bothering you. Then call that person your mortal enemy and call it your holy war. All wars are holy wars. There is no unholy war.

This President promised that he will only to go to war if there is a legitimate achievable well defined goal. What is the goal of Ira War - III? Here are the options:

a.) Become airforce of Shia
b.) Protect the oppressive government of Iraq
c.) Do dirty work for Iran
d.) Become puppet of Saudi and Israel

Which one is it going to be?

This is a national issue of Iraq, not US. When did Iraq become 51st State of US? There is no way a reasonable person can look at this and come to a conclusion to go to war or call this as national issue of US. Just as Iraq war - II this is another distraction from issues important to this country, including immigration reform.

greyhair
06-19-2014, 11:52 PM

Thanks

I don't like to play victim on anonymous forums. Anyone wanting to change anything has to stand up and speak about the solution to lawmakers. If you want to see anything change, go meet with your member of congress, go to washington dc meet with lawmakers there, call them, write to them and explain them what is happening. No matter how much all of us want, no Members of Congress is reading forums to know the problems people like us are facing.

The shame is not on USCIS, the shame is on us to take this and not do anything about it, other than playing victim on web forums. There are 10,000 things that each of us can do, but we don't. So shame on us and shame of the culture we were brought up in, which make good slaves who just like living in chains. So lets not blame ROW, EB1 or USCIS. The only person we should and must blame is the person we see in the mirror because we are the once who haven't done anything real to solve EB3I backlog.

waitingnwaiting
06-20-2014, 08:50 AM
WHAT? You can pick a fight with any guy walking on the street who is not even bothering you. Then call that person your mortal enemy and call it your holy war. All wars are holy wars. There is no unholy war.

This President promised that he will only to go to war if there is a legitimate achievable well defined goal. What is the goal of Ira War - III? Here are the options:

a.) Become airforce of Shia
b.) Protect the oppressive government of Iraq
c.) Do dirty work for Iran
d.) Become puppet of Saudi and Israel

Which one is it going to be?

This is a national issue of Iraq, not US. When did Iraq become 51st State of US? There is no way a reasonable person can look at this and come to a conclusion to go to war or call this as national issue of US. Just as Iraq war - II this is another distraction from issues important to this country, including immigration reform.

Iraq war will matter most immigrants in EB2 and EB3 only if we have any interests in that country like relatives working or if Rupee vs Dollar rate change for worse for us. Only then we will wonder about analyzing what you rightly said. Our primary focus right now is knowing if my priority date will advance and by how much next month? Anyone disagree with that? lets not play holier than thou. I am just stating what I see around with other Indian, Chinese and ROW friends I meet.

rbusgc
06-20-2014, 09:48 AM
:)I don't like to play victim on anonymous forums. Anyone wanting to change anything has to stand up and speak about the solution to lawmakers. If you want to see anything change, go meet with your member of congress, go to washington dc meet with lawmakers there, call them, write to them and explain them what is happening. No matter how much all of us want, no Members of Congress is reading forums to know the problems people like us are facing.

The shame is not on USCIS, the shame is on us to take this and not do anything about it, other than playing victim on web forums. There are 10,000 things that each of us can do, but we don't. So shame on us and shame of the culture we were brought up in, which make good slaves who just like living in chains. So lets not blame ROW, EB1 or USCIS. The only person we should and must blame is the person we see in the mirror because we are the once who haven't done anything real to solve EB3I backlog.

You were the one who started talking about the importance of immigration reform in this thread.. and now blaming others for 'playing' victim :confused:... BTW I don't think this war is going to have any major direct impact on immigration reform as such... immigration reform by itself is a tough policy decision in the current political climate... and on the other hand I don't think there is anything wrong in US helping the Iraqi goverment to fight ISIS.

open.247
06-20-2014, 08:34 PM
I don't like to play victim on anonymous forums. Anyone wanting to change anything has to stand up and speak about the solution to lawmakers. If you want to see anything change, go meet with your member of congress, go to washington dc meet with lawmakers there, call them, write to them and explain them what is happening. No matter how much all of us want, no Members of Congress is reading forums to know the problems people like us are facing.

I don't agree with you as if Being president of the country ,One will go for Cream of the crop and give them preference to all others categories.
That is capitalism , I know USA is free economy and its promote business. But the Cream of the crop is private capitalist thinking. State has separate role to promote equality, Liberty ,Protect minority and week section. The way you are saying its good for USA economy to prefer EB1 over EB3 --- far relatives . Then it will make State as private profit oriented sector , State /Govt of USA is one of the worlds largest democratic country should not reflect that in their public policies.
Also State should not be influenced by what its private sector need to do for making more profits. Govt duties is to control profit greed and make policies in public welfare.
That's why First come first served justifies Humane and public welfare.
And Also immigration is required for the growth of the country. after all social security system is based on it young work to pay the social security of older generation .
We are feeding their older people and then eventually we will be fed . Cycles goes on.

But discrimination on education and carries is not fair.
Thanks