PDA

View Full Version : Cox and Kings

sanju_dba
06-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Any one had bitter experience with cox and kings? for your Indian passport/pio/visa/oci ?

They donot issue any tracking number to track to the application, search by passport , lastname ,firstme,dob cannot fetch the application. withdrawal form cannot be accepted
because i asked signature confirmation. Email reply is generic , each phone call is
30mnts waiting and you get to speak to folks in India call center, they have limited FAQ knowledge. the website is unstructured.
Its almost 3 weeks and no sign of our application status.
all 11years of wait for my GC seems to be mild pain when I compare this issue.
No walkins are allowed, so took a online appointment to collect my passport from local houston office ( well office of service center ), would drive from dfw.

sanju_dba
06-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Any one had bitter experience with cox and kings? for your Indian passport/pio/visa/oci ?

They donot issue any tracking number to track to the application, search by passport , lastname ,firstme,dob cannot fetch the application. withdrawal form cannot be accepted
because i asked signature confirmation. Email reply is generic , each phone call is
30mnts waiting and you get to speak to folks in India call center, they have limited FAQ knowledge. the website is unstructured.
Its almost 3 weeks and no sign of our application status.
all 11years of wait for my GC seems to be mild pain when I compare this issue.
No walkins are allowed, so took a online appointment to collect my passport from local houston office ( well office of service center ), would drive from dfw.

Forgot to mention, the funny part is , they take the application hand out to Indian embassy for processing.
When I search Indian embassy website it says "Visa processed" , that's good, but where is the passport right? According to the listed time frame is 3-5 days, now its 3 weeks with no sign of tracking, and India trip is less than 10days away..

vijay1974
06-12-2014, 08:00 PM
I am in the same boat buddy.
I applied to the BLS international on 18th May. Passport reached to them on 21st May.
BLS returned the whole application package.
I resend the application package to CKGS. They received on 30th May. For last 10 days there was no update to status. There call center wait time is 30 minute.
Finally I was able to get hold of them. Somehow they updated the status to processing and assured me that passport has been handed over to consulate for processing.
I contacted the consulate and they told me that they haven't received the passport. My travel is on next few days. I am planning to drive to drive down and take emergency appointment.

sanju_dba
06-13-2014, 01:01 PM
I am in the same boat buddy.
I applied to the BLS international on 18th May. Passport reached to them on 21st May.
BLS returned the whole application package.
I resend the application package to CKGS. They received on 30th May. For last 10 days there was no update to status. There call center wait time is 30 minute.
Finally I was able to get hold of them. Somehow they updated the status to processing and assured me that passport has been handed over to consulate for processing.
I contacted the consulate and they told me that they haven't received the passport. My travel is on next few days. I am planning to drive to drive down and take emergency appointment.

Sorry to hear your pain, just learned today that they were able to find the passport, it was processed and sitting for collection since 7th june, so its been 6days. Looks like they goofed up my return envelope, i did resend to withdraw 3days ago, if they can use that new envelope i will be greatful, otherwise an emergency drive to Houston.
BTW, I prepared a doc to fax the indian embassy , the fax is the only contact from ckgs website, and that is not in service.

waitingnwaiting
06-13-2014, 02:23 PM
We need an IV campaign to fix these issues with the Indian Government. We are all citizens, can vote and send lot of dollars remittance . So the government will listen. This experience will also put our complaints about USCIS in right perspective. We complain about USCIS all the time but if we compare with what our Indian system is serving, USCIS service is a lot better. As Indian citizens we should first try to change this Indian system. It affects everyone H1B, L1, EAD, Greencard holders, students ... everyone.

vijay1974
06-13-2014, 04:21 PM
You can send them email at visa@indiacgny.org for query to NY consulate.
For Houston you can contact at:
Mr. Rakesh Sharma Vice Consul (Visa)*:piocgihouston@swbell.net
I got this detail from
Contact Us : Consulate General of India Houston Texas, USA (Official website) (http://www.cgihouston.org/page/display/25).

I was curious to know why this sudden change of the outsourcing. So I googled cox and king India. And not so surprisingly, I found their head quarter in Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat.
So the first causality of govt change are we the poor NRI. Someone influential in the new govt went after low hanging fruit to earn some money. All they did was changed the outsourcing company without any prior notification clandestinely. There was no reason for change.