PDA

View Full Version : Traveling Thru UK - Have gone out of airport without transit visa

coopheal
05-22-2014, 11:23 PM
Has anyone recently gone thru UK and have gone out of airport without transit visa.

I looking to book a flight which has 12 hours of transit time at LHR. Would i would be allowed to got out of the airport?

saketkapur
05-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Has anyone recently gone thru UK and have gone out of airport without transit visa.

I looking to book a flight which has 12 hours of transit time at LHR. Would i would be allowed to got out of the airport?

If you are traveling on AP then you need it. As long as you have a GC or a valid visa stamped in your passport you are good. Otherwise they won't even let you board your flight in the US.
If its too much hassle then just cancel this one and fly emirates or Cathay. At the end of the day the difference between getting the transit visa and just cancelation feesvwill probably land up being maybe 50 bucks.

krishmunn
05-27-2014, 09:14 PM
If you are traveling on AP then you need it. As long as you have a GC or a valid visa stamped in your passport you are good. Otherwise they won't even let you board your flight in the US.
If its too much hassle then just cancel this one and fly emirates or Cathay. At the end of the day the difference between getting the transit visa and just cancelation feesvwill probably land up being maybe 50 bucks.

Even with GC or valid US Visa, one cannot go out of the airport (that's what OP wants to do). OP, if you are a citizen of India, you need a visa to step out of airport. If you have a valid US Visa OR GC, you can transit through Heathrow but cannot step out of the airport.