PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Canada - Using Automatic Revalidation

bennyd20
02-18-2014, 10:41 PM
First of all I want to thank all who take time to answer questions. I have benefited a lot from this forum. So a big thank you.

I have a question regarding using Automatic Revalidation while traveling to Canada for vacation.
Those who have experience can you share? What are the do's and don'ts?

I have a unique situation where I came to US on L1B visa but later changed to H1B visa (new employer). I have L1B visa stamp but not H1B stamp. I have a valid I-94 till 2016.

In my case (where there is L1 to H1 change), can I still use ARV?

Following is the link from CBP for your reference.

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/travel/inspections_carriers_facilities/clp/bulletins/auto_reva.ctt/auto_reva.pdf

Thanks,
Benny

bennyd20
02-22-2014, 12:04 AM
Does anyone know or have experience?

please let me know.

ddayasag
02-24-2015, 10:08 PM
First of all I want to thank all who take time to answer questions. I have benefited a lot from this forum. So a big thank you.

I have a question regarding using Automatic Revalidation while traveling to Canada for vacation.
Those who have experience can you share? What are the do's and don'ts?

I have a unique situation where I came to US on L1B visa but later changed to H1B visa (new employer). I have L1B visa stamp but not H1B stamp. I have a valid I-94 till 2016.

In my case (where there is L1 to H1 change), can I still use ARV?

Following is the link from CBP for your reference.

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/travel/inspections_carriers_facilities/clp/bulletins/auto_reva.ctt/auto_reva.pdf

Thanks,
Benny

Currently I am in the same boat, can you please let me know what u have done

bennyd20
02-25-2015, 10:24 AM
Before I travel to Canada, I changed my job.

After that I had to travel to India and came back with H1B stamp.

So I could not use ARV. But it looks like you should be fine but better ask your attorney to be 100% sure.

Hope that helps.