PDA

View Full Version : Any updates

looivy
01-17-2014, 08:37 PM
IV teams - Any updates on immigration? Thanks.

ikass
01-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Dear IV leaders,

As you may know this specific H4 rule has been published and delayed many times before. I believe this rule is currently published and is expected to be completed by end of JAN 2014. Is there anyway we can provide our feedback or push to get this rule active and completed in 2014? Many immigration lawyers indicate that if addressed properly, this rule can be completed by April or May of this year. So, I`m requesting IV leaders to provide any insights on this rule and if there is anything we can do to help to get more coverage on this rule and its completion?

Thank you.

cyrilg
01-18-2014, 07:56 PM
ikass,

Thanks for bringing this up. I'd been following it for a while now. Any insight or direction from the IV leadership will immensely help. The understanding is that USCIS will make a decision by end of Jan 2104. what are the thoughts of other IV members on this ?

bracelet80
01-18-2014, 09:53 PM
ikass,

Thanks for bringing this up. I'd been following it for a while now. Any insight or direction from the IV leadership will immensely help. The understanding is that USCIS will make a decision by end of Jan 2104. what are the thoughts of other IV members on this ?

House is going to release his immigration principles next week. It looks like they have already set High skill immigration principles.

I have got something from Oh Law firm.

Increase the employment-based green card quota beyond the current 140,000 a year limit, counting only principals toward the quota, eliminate the per country limit for employment-based immigrants and exempt from the annual limit foreign nationals with a master’s degree or higher from a U.S. university in a STEM field.

Increase the annual H-1B visa cap and expand current exemptions from the cap for highly skilled foreign nationals.

Establish a visa category for immigrant entrepreneurs.
Create a temporary visa category for agriculture that is far easier to use than the current H-2A category.

Establish a temporary work visa category that will allow full-year (as opposed to seasonal) work in the jobs typically held by unauthorized immigrants in fields like construction and hospitality.

imh1b
01-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Dear IV leaders,

As you may know this specific H4 rule has been published and delayed many times before. I believe this rule is currently published and is expected to be completed by end of JAN 2014. Is there anyway we can provide our feedback or push to get this rule active and completed in 2014? Many immigration lawyers indicate that if addressed properly, this rule can be completed by April or May of this year. So, I`m requesting IV leaders to provide any insights on this rule and if there is anything we can do to help to get more coverage on this rule and its completion?

Thank you.

Focus on getting greencard and not H4.
Only 1 or 2 is playing drums for it for like past few years and giving false hope. It only gets them followers and business. Its not going to pass.

You have a choice. Support IV and get a bill and get greencard or stay on H4 status forever with ability to work.

What will you choose?

longwait4gc
01-19-2014, 02:00 PM
ikass,

I keep writing to Kevin(kevin.j.cummings@uscis.dhs.gov) the person responsible for this rule.
There is a facebook group H4Visa which has close to 5k members. Join it.

IV must be doing something in the background. It would be great if we get any guidance from IV about this?

imh1b
01-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Sorry to bust your bubble….

Even if you send 5o emails a day you will NEVER get any reply. I do not know why people who come to this country from the boat for may years think that they will write email and government will listen and reply to them. If email is so good, why don’t you send it to your Manhoman singha and ask him to stop corruption and give you an update asap in an email reply. After all you are an NRI, send $$ to India and are best and the brightest of India. World will stop working if you do not write code for a day!

These 5K H4s you talk about are lazy, incompetent and whining dependents. All they do is whine and trouble their spouses for not being able to get a job. If they are bright, they should get an H1B job just like us. There is no ban on H4s to apply for H1. If they do not have qualifications, they should join a college and get a degree. Moreover when they applied for a H4 visa they knew they cannot work in USA. So why did they come? Or their spouse did not tell them?

There are hundreds of thousands of H1s in the country. Giving work permits to H4 dependent spouses and eligible children would flood the workforce by double or more. Imagine what it will do to the salaries, work culture and US citizens. As it is H4s have earned a bad name by faking resumes and getting tester or programmer jobs even through they are just B.A. English or B.Com. etc.

H4s are absent from any volunteering in Non profit. I am yet to see IV run by H4s. Even if these 5K H4 spend $10 each they will collect enough money to get help from IV lobbyists on the rule. But they will not do it and whine on Facebook and websites. It is their destiny.

longwait4gc
01-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Sorry to bust your bubble….

Even if you send 5o emails a day you will NEVER get any reply. I do not know why people who come to this country from the boat for may years think that they will write email and government will listen and reply to them. If email is so good, why don’t you send it to your Manhoman singha and ask him to stop corruption and give you an update asap in an email reply. After all you are an NRI, send $$ to India and are best and the brightest of India. World will stop working if you do not write code for a day!

These 5K H4s you talk about are lazy, incompetent and whining dependents. All they do is whine and trouble their spouses for not being able to get a job. If they are bright, they should get an H1B job just like us. There is no ban on H4s to apply for H1. If they do not have qualifications, they should join a college and get a degree. Moreover when they applied for a H4 visa they knew they cannot work in USA. So why did they come? Or their spouse did not tell them?

There are hundreds of thousands of H1s in the country. Giving work permits to H4 dependent spouses and eligible children would flood the workforce by double or more. Imagine what it will do to the salaries, work culture and US citizens. As it is H4s have earned a bad name by faking resumes and getting tester or programmer jobs even through they are just B.A. English or B.Com. etc.

H4s are absent from any volunteering in Non profit. I am yet to see IV run by H4s. Even if these 5K H4 spend $10 each they will collect enough money to get help from IV lobbyists on the rule. But they will not do it and whine on Facebook and websites. It is their destiny.
EAD for H4 is in IV's agenda. Thats why people come here with questions and contributions. Please dont publish your personal agenda here. There are better forums to bash H4s like try Numbers&&&.

imh1b
01-19-2014, 04:46 PM
EAD for H4 is in IV's agenda. Thats why people come here with questions and contributions. Please dont publish your personal agenda here. There are better forums to bash H4s like try Numbers&&&.

There are no free lunches in USA. One needs $$. So if you think by sending email, the law will be passed it is wrong.

Being on the agenda has no use if these H4s are not willing to come to IV, volunteer, contribute and actively participate in action items. If you look at the Facebook group, there is no mention of IV and posts motivating people to Join IV. Conversely I have seen some business taking advantage of these places by sympathizing with them and get more business through goodwill. Instead of sulking on Facebook they should be coming to IV first.

If they are not coming to IV it means they are lazy and whiners.

Getting greencard law passed is also on IV agenda for many years. Now tell me if it has passed? No. It is because people who want greencard did not come to rallies and lobby days. Only few people like to contribute. They would rather spend time debating on a tracking website and facebook group. If only one thousand people come for a rally it means only 1 thousand out of 1 million need greencard. If H4s are not participating in thousands on IV it means only handful H4s need work permit.

It is good you posted email address of the officer. You may now see many anti immigrants , greencard holders, EAD people and many H1B families opposing it by writing to the email ID.

longwait4gc
01-19-2014, 06:38 PM
There are no free lunches in USA. One needs $$. So if you think by sending email, the law will be passed it is wrong.

Being on the agenda has no use if these H4s are not willing to come to IV, volunteer, contribute and actively participate in action items. If you look at the Facebook group, there is no mention of IV and posts motivating people to Join IV. Conversely I have seen some business taking advantage of these places by sympathizing with them and get more business through goodwill. Instead of sulking on Facebook they should be coming to IV first.

If they are not coming to IV it means they are lazy and whiners.

Getting greencard law passed is also on IV agenda for many years. Now tell me if it has passed? No. It is because people who want greencard did not come to rallies and lobby days. Only few people like to contribute. They would rather spend time debating on a tracking website and facebook group. If only one thousand people come for a rally it means only 1 thousand out of 1 million need greencard. If H4s are not participating in thousands on IV it means only handful H4s need work permit.

It is good you posted email address of the officer. You may now see many anti immigrants , greencard holders, EAD people and many H1B families opposing it by writing to the email ID.

If you truly want them to join you then stop attacking them calling fake resumes,...
Any time any one says EAD for H4 in IV then that person is attacked. If you want their contributions then attacking is not the right motivation.
I haven't seen an action items from IV for a long time. I would love to contribute to this effort EAD for H4 or CIR. I see the first one being more feasible than the latter and needs less effort. I will put my $ where there is more feasibility. I am pretty sure there are lot of people like me.

Anti immigrants already know those email addresses but the problem is immigrants doesn't know those email addresses :)

gcharry
01-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Mr or Mrs, imh1b
Whats going on? It seems that your H4 is not cooking for you!

imh1b
01-19-2014, 11:48 PM
If you truly want them to join you then stop attacking them calling fake resumes,...
Any time any one says EAD for H4 in IV then that person is attacked. If you want their contributions then attacking is not the right motivation.
I haven't seen an action items from IV for a long time. I would love to contribute to this effort EAD for H4 or CIR. I see the first one being more feasible than the latter and needs less effort. I will put my $ where there is more feasibility. I am pretty sure there are lot of people like me.

Anti immigrants already know those email addresses but the problem is immigrants doesn't know those email addresses :)

H4s did not come in large numbers, volunteer etc when there was lot of motivation and action items in the past. What makes you think they are a reformed lot now?

Why do you think H4 rule is simple than any other admin fix? Which official or has IV said that? How can flooding hundreds of thousands of new workforce in a weak economy be an easy fix?

asaxena
01-20-2014, 10:55 AM

Every body knows about the issue of backlogs and long wait times.
But as the High skilled
Immigration community does not carry any political weight,so we are struck up

looivy
01-20-2014, 02:07 PM

Can someone from IV leadership respond? This thread is turning into a shouting match. That is is a symptom of lack of periodic updates.

gk_2000
01-21-2014, 03:05 AM
To IV -- do you want people to join and flock to you? Then organize hangouts with the "important" people like Mayorkas etc. Put case studies of how IV helped people to speak to senators/uscis/etc and get results. If you need help organizing and presenting the facts on the website I volunteer for it. And stop writing any negative responses to people coming here looking for scraps of hope... if your hands are itching for action then there are many trolls here all the time using baiting questions to elicit naive responses... make their posts invisible or something

imh1b
01-21-2014, 01:36 PM
gk_2000 your ideas are good. But they are ideas. Each one of us has ideas. We are full of ideas. It is easy to say I volunteer but the question is how many hours can one take out, and for how many days, weeks or month, can he do it unselfishly.... and why? I used to volunteer a non-profit in India and people said they will volunteer, but many left citing job pressure, family reasons and whatever after few days. As Indians we do not have a culture of being a volunteer.

USCIS officials come to Advocacy days I have attended. A group of people attending advocacy days even go and meet USCIS in their office. When IV organized the event in California, a very senior official came to address IV members in afternoon. After the event, he was there till late evening to meet IV members in person and talk to members.

Do you know lawyer organizations organize events where they call USCIS officers to give a talk. The fees for such events is in thousands each for a person attending. But IV is free.

Now tell me how many hundred thousand people attended and contributed. It is time to call out people for who they are. I am totally fine with IV doing what they can within their means. If people are not desperate, then why should any senior member spend precious time and energy to motivate a person or give direction? The immigrant population has brought it upon themselves in my opinion. So let us wait until people's lives are wrecked due to some new memo or more backlog. They will automatically get active and will need no motivation.

oneamongall1
01-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Mr/MRs IMH1B

Will all due respect. I am kind of seeing your reply in couple of posts and could not resist. I see your frustration with a priority date of 05 and waiting for so long. But try to understand that you are not the only person out there. You ask other folks to stop whining, but looks like you are the one who keeps whining. Getting to the point, what is wrong in giving EADs to H4s? Knowing all the hurdles in H1 you should not be against it. There are thousands of women who come here after marriage who are equally or even more competent than H1Bs stay not working because of restrictions in H1B. One way this would stop the so called fake resumes you refer to as they would be employed in their area of interest and not fake themselves to get an IT job. And on the fake resume, you think the people who interview does not know a difference between a fake resume candidate and a real one? Understand one thing, If an employer hires someone and decide to pay him for more than month then that employee is fulfilling his/her duties. You think H1Bs from India are the only folks use fake resume. Dont be so ignorant. You think the people who govern this country are all genuine and get elected to office after working for poor and needy and caring for the people. Saying this I am not favoring faking resume, I am just saying if this is what the situation is live with it without cursing others. If you are so scared of your job, update yourself and be competent. I am more than 100% sure a competent person will find a job not only here in US but anywhere.
And on the topic of corruption in India which seem to bother you a lot. According to me we people who live and pay taxes to US, has no right to talk about Indian corruption or anything bad about India for that matter. Have you ever voted in Indian election? You think there is no corruption in US. Have you seen the news of Connecticut school shoot out. 30 odd children died and I am sure you heard about theater shooting etc etc. Go and find the statistics on gun violence in 2013. Had the government or president able to do anything against NRA. I dont want to explain reason why. This is one thing. there are plenty such things. Can you do anything to it?
So please as a request if you cannot be cooperative providing valuable suggestions and polite with the community atleast do not be destructive.
Everyone will get the GC when the turn comes and we will work for it together as much as possible. Sorry if I had offended you or anyone. But really I could not resist seeing an Indian cursing a fellow Indian.
Thanks,

imh1b
01-21-2014, 02:42 PM
oneamongall1 you said "If you are so scared of your job, update yourself and be competent. I am more than 100% sure a competent person will find a job not only here in US but anywhere. "

It applies the same to you and H4s. Why do you want an easy route to work? H4s are not banned from applying for H1 visa. Try to get an H1 like everyone else.

I also raised the point of choosing between getting H4 rule approved and getting greencard. Problem with H4s is that they think too narrowly. The big problem is greencard backlog. If you get greencard, you will get work permit. So don't try and create a narrow group on facebook where some business will come and sympathize with you and make the most of you. All it is a group where each person will sympathise with other's sob stories and 'like' each other. In the end all you do is sign an online petition, write one or two posts or complain to your lawyer to save you because you are suffering. How ignorant is that? Get together and join hands with IV and get a law passed. You should not just be a onlooker and creating a profile today only to respond to me. You should be actively posting on your facebook group and getting H4s to support Immigration voice if you really care about anything. This is what I said. But you whiners only see what you want to see and have no intention of doing anything constructive.

oneamongall1
01-21-2014, 04:00 PM
If you say H4 EAD is a easy way for a job then again GC could be another way to get a easy job. I see H4 EAD or GC gives you ownership to chose your job and eliminate all hassle around H1. what ever I say you may not agree. Any ways, all I say is be polite if you want to gather people behind you or IV and it is a choice for any one to join/contribute or not and you cannot force. Even you discourage a person who is willing to volunteer. Then how will people trust IV and its workers.
FYI, I might be a member today, but I have contributed to IV before using the forum to reply you and I joined just to reply you and not to ask IV to do this and that for me. Good luck to all..

imh1b
01-21-2014, 07:20 PM
I have never asked anyone to get behind me. Not you should get behind IV because someone is telling you to /not to get behind IV. You make judgements because of an opinion you see posted on a public forum by an anonymous member? Come on. You are mature and intelligent enough to find your own motivation and courage.

Use your own judgement. Read the official text on the website to form your opinion. Write to IV. Speak to someone official in IV if you really want to do something more than your so called facebook group. And by the way I have heard the BS about contributing. If someone has contributed they will know what and how IV works. They will not be wasting time on a facebook group.

sunny2007
01-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Admins should delete the posts from imh1b for his senseless attack on other posters.

Wondering where is our admin Pappu ?

asaxena
01-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Please stay on the issue.We are all very frustrated.
But all these comments,don't help

katta
01-22-2014, 01:10 AM
imh1b is critical and harsh but he is telling the truth with out sugar coating.

one question to ask, if h4 are "highly skilled" why dont they apply to h1b or get a MS/Phd.
You know in 5yr h4 can get phd. If h4 are smart then let them get MS/MBA/phd from top univ and all their problems are solved.

H4's has all day long to voluteer for IV. As they are "highly skilled" let them show the skill with IV.

The fact is no one like to sweat.

gcharry
01-22-2014, 10:35 AM
H4 bashers! What a shame?

imh1b
01-22-2014, 10:43 AM
oneamongall1 and your ilk, Typical desi mentality of people coming from corrupt environment. First they do not respect this country that they tried hard to come in one way or another, This country USA giving them lot of $$ to live a good life and send $$ home, giving them good social status in India. They enjoy the USA , criticize USA and when someone criticize their India, they take offense. Even after coming to USA they mingle only with desis.and create a divide between themselves and the Americans. Now tell me how will Americans accept you and give you work permit?

You are also justifying your fake resume by saying there is corruption in USA so you can do it too. USA is not like your India. People are very different. They trust you. But many desis have polluted the IT industry. There are lot of stories of scams, fake resumes, buying labor, exploitation, Phone interviews given by a different person that who has applied etc floating around if you Google. I do not have to spell it out. There is lot of mistrust against honest and bright Indians due to such people who come to this country and think USA is like India and it is their birthright to work here. Its not just the consulting companies where all this takes place. Even non consulting IT companies run by desis have employed majority people from India. Why? Is it not discrimination against US citizens? There should be a review of such practice and system needs to be cleaned up ASAP before it hurts the image of 2 million people with Indian origin permanently settled here or earning an honest living.

You say if someone is brilliant then they can get a job anywhere in USA or world. Then what stops you from getting H1B visa on your own merit? Why do you want an easy route of finding a desi company, pay illegal money to file H1B for you as a QA tester even though you have B.A. or B.Com. degree and if your H1B is denied you come back again on internet forums complaining that desi companies charged you illegal money to file H1B for you and you want it back? Or you want H4 work permit to work legally in Walmart, Indian grocery store and other stores as clerks?

I have done advocacy in IV after being its member for a long time to know how it works and what the issues are. Some people want to sugarcoat things and want to be politically correct so that they do not offend anyone. That time in my opinion is over. It this selfish Immigrant population that has given a bad image to all of us, let the movement down by not participating in large numbers when they had a real change and not contributing $ when needed by IV. These corrupt people saw every other desi as corrupt and rather than participating used to talk about accountability and all those foolish ideas as an excuse to not do anything or derail an effort that went against their personal priority date. So I think it is right time to call spade a spade and humiliate such people because they let everyone else down. They do not need greencard or H4 workpermit because their tears are crocodile tears.

One last thing. You H4s have done more damage to overall legal immigrant advocacy than any good. Firstly you divided the population. Then you are so foolish to think lawyers can guide you. You should have come to IV instead. Third you spend more time on trackers than IV. Trackers has harmed only you by delaying your greencard and H4 relief. If you had spend constructive time on IV things would have been different. Fourthly that movie you guys made and think it is a masterpiece. That movie seems like being made for self promotion, awards and career of the person. Fifthly you guys keep creating spam petitions online for various issues. If you were ever an IV member you would have never done that. Enough has been said in the past how worthless they are but you guys keep doing it.

Lastly your narrative is all misguided and wrong. If you had cared to work with IV and understand how things are articulated and what the real problem is, how it fixed your life would have been different and you would be employed by now in a US company due to a law change. Your narrative and what you say damages you more than you know. You think your sob story will move US congress and they will pass a bill. The reasons you give look like some big abuse is happening in your life because you cannot work. And you claim to be best and the brightest. There are H1B visas, unlimited O1 visas and EB1 visas if you are best and the brightest. There is no ban on it. You can even get a US college degree if you are not fit to get a US job yet. But you want it easy and if you do not find it easy, you whine.

Stop it!

imh1b
01-22-2014, 10:47 AM

one question to ask, if h4 are "highly skilled" why dont they apply to h1b or get a MS/Phd.
You know in 5yr h4 can get phd. If h4 are smart then let them get MS/MBA/phd from top univ and all their problems are solved.

H4's has all day long to voluteer for IV. As they are "highly skilled" let them show the skill with IV.

Thank you for understanding what I said and agreeing with me.

krishmunn
01-22-2014, 11:51 AM
oneamongall1 and your ilk, Typical desi mentality of people coming from corrupt environment. First they do not respect this country that they tried hard to come in one way or another, This country USA giving them lot of $$ to live a good life and send $$ home, giving them good social status in India. !

What about the mentality of people who do not respect the country where they grew up, where they got their basic education; the country which prepared them to set a foot in the US . :rolleyes:

krishmunn
01-22-2014, 11:54 AM

So are you suggesting IV stop all activities to bring relief for EB2 and EB3 applicants ?

If they (EB2/3) are "highliy skilled" why don't they get PhD. You know you can get it. If your are smart , then get PhD from top univ, get a couple of patents and apply for GC under EB1 . All problems resolved. No need of IV.

BTW, which of your "skill" have you shown with IV ?

sunny2007
01-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Thank you for understanding what I said and agreeing with me. Looks like Admins are no longer working on this website. If they are , then they should delete all these crap from imh1b.

katta
01-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Do you believe in First amendment ie freedom of speech?
Some of the folks on this forum seems to not believe in freedom of speech if that is the case they are in wrong country for then North Korea is the right place to live.

katta
01-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Looks like Admins are no longer working on this website. If they are , then they should delete all these crap from imh1b.

So are you suggesting IV stop all activities to bring relief for EB2 and EB3 applicants ?

If they (EB2/3) are "highliy skilled" why don't they get PhD. You know you can get it. If your are smart , then get PhD from top univ, get a couple of patents and apply for GC under EB1 . All problems resolved. No need of IV.

BTW, which of your "skill" have you shown with IV ?

I never said IV shouldn't lobbying for h4 folks.
My point is signing a petition or flocking on Facebook does very little at hill. h4 folks should coordinate with IV team to lobby. because h4 has ample amount of time on their hand they can do a lot than rest of h1 folks.

At the end of the day EAD or GC is not a silver bullet one's skill or talent.
fine example is you can't get into Google even if you have EAD or GC.

FYI Phd and patents doesn't qualify you in eb1 there should be a job position that require phd and others at the company in that position also have phd.
Trust me I have top notch qualification but I don't have to beat my drum where I went to school and how many patents I have.

krishmunn
01-22-2014, 01:43 PM
I never said IV shouldn't lobbying for h4 folks.
My point is signing a petition or flocking on Facebook does very little at hill.

OP did not advise on Facebook. That is your (and immih1's) imagination. OP asked the status from IV core.

h4 folks should coordinate with IV team to lobby. because h4 has ample amount of time on their hand they can do a lot than rest of h1 folks.

Your argument was "if h4 are "highly skilled" why dont they apply to h1b or get a MS/Phd. " By same logic , if H1 are "highly skilled" why don't they get a PhD and couple of patents ASAP.

At the end of the day EAD or GC is not a silver bullet one's skill or talent.
fine example is you can't get into Google even if you have EAD or GC.

Not everyone works for Google , nor is everyone a Rocket Scientist. Do you work for NASA ? No. But are you valuable to the economy .. probably yes. Society need a variety of workforce right from janitor to Rocket Scientist. An H4 might be a very good Sales person Or a very good Office Clerk; both of which do not qualify for H1 (since it does not need a degree) .

Do you say all the GC aspirant coders are vital for Economy ?

FYI Phd and patents doesn't qualify you in eb1 there should be a job position that require phd and others at the company in that position also have phd.
Trust me I have top notch qualification but I don't have to beat my drum where I went to school and how many patents I have.

You do not appear to know enough about EB1.

You should beat your drum . If you have enough patents, citations etc. you DO NOT need an employer. You can qualify for EB1-EA (Extraordinary Ability) based on your "top notch qualification" . The question is did you sweat enough to qualify for that ?

pappu
01-22-2014, 01:49 PM
EB1 has very high standards. I know this because I have deep knowledge in EB1 and did friendly guidance to few academics and scientist friends when they were dissatisfied with their lawyers. One of my friend went to MIT and his application was denied even though he had one of those big name lawyers people mention on forums. I have also seen level of difficulty has also increased with time in the last decade. My personal opinion is against the template approach used by lawyers for applications and it maybe a matter of time anti-immigrants find out and blow this. Having a Ph.D helps but does not mean EB1 approval. It is also not a requirement especially if you are claiming to be extraordinary in your field. It all depends on what kind of EB1 (a or b) you are seeking and what is your claim to 'stardom' in your area of expertise.

krishmunn
01-22-2014, 02:08 PM
EB1 has very high standards. I know this because I have deep knowledge in EB1 and did friendly guidance to few academics and scientist friends when they were dissatisfied with their lawyers. One of my friend went to MIT and his application was denied even though he had one of those big name lawyers people mention on forums. I have also seen level of difficulty has also increased with time in the last decade. My personal opinion is against the template approach used by lawyers for applications and it maybe a matter of time anti-immigrants find out and blow this. Having a Ph.D helps but does not mean EB1 approval. It is also not a requirement especially if you are claiming to be extraordinary in your field. It all depends on what kind of EB1 (a or b) you are seeking and what is your claim to 'stardom' in your area of expertise.

I agree EB1 has very high standard. You have to show that you missed Noble Prize by a whisk (or something like that ) .

But then, when people are advising all H4s can go to top univ , get MS and PhD and get a H1 if they sweat enough, it is only logical to think that all these advisors can qualify for EB1 if they sweat enough ... right ?

pappu
01-22-2014, 02:09 PM

We have an advocacy day planned in March. Please register and come to Washington DC. More details on its thread http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3095760-iv-advocacy-event-1st-to-4th-march-2014-a.html

We have regular conference calls for active volunteers to continue the work. To become a volunteer you need to first come to such events as above, and show sincerity to this effort by participating. The training is also very important to learn about IV, advocacy, politics and our strategy. Then we will include you in future plans and strategy work. Over time we have learned that to operate effectively we need a network of close knit and dedicated community that is willing to work selflessly. Forum can serve the purpose of announcements, helping each other with immigration questions, public action items. But for planning events, discussing strategy and volunteer work you need to move beyond anonymous profiles and pick from people who have shown commitment and can be leaders. By engaging too much on the forums, you risk spending valuable energy with people who come for entertainment or heckle or end up spending way too much time away from your own job and IV work. With our limited time and resources it is realistic to make limited investments of resources and personal time in advocacy work and forum work. This is a reason you probably see forums a little quiet. It has its disadvantages and advantages. It is people's effort and each one of us need to step up and become leaders. Contributions are also important and expected from each one of us on monthly basis. It goes without asking.

There maybe an email newsletter also sent out by a volunteer. Please make sure your email address in the profile is updated. Sometimes we also call people from specific states, cities, neighborhoods or employers for specific advocacy work. Please make sure your profile contact information is updated.

We look forward to meeting you in Washington DC in March.

katta
01-22-2014, 02:25 PM
OP did not advise on Facebook. That is your (and immih1's) imagination. OP asked the status from IV core.

Your argument was "if h4 are "highly skilled" why dont they apply to h1b or get a MS/Phd. " By same logic , if H1 are "highly skilled" why don't they get a PhD and couple of patents ASAP.

"highly skilled" l. Have you heard of sarcasm? because h1b is highly skilled or having advanced degree doesn't mean h4 is of same level.
being a spouse of h1b doesn't mean she/he should be given slack to get a job.
For that fact companies can't favor a person during hiring because they are spouse of someone so why h4 should be given slack let them get h1b like everyone else.

If h1b allows full time Phd lot them would do it. some h1b do part time Phd.
I said that because h4 are saying they have nothing to do rather than sitting at home. the best thing they can do for them is further their education and volunteer and be ready to jump into workforce and excel when their spouses get EAD.

Not everyone works for Google , nor is everyone a Rocket Scientist. Do you work for NASA ? No. But are you valuable to the economy .. probably yes. Society need a variety of workforce right from janitor to Rocket Scientist. An H4 might be a very good Sales person Or a very good Office Clerk; both of which do not qualify for H1 (since it does not need a degree) .

Do you say all the GC aspirant coders are vital for Economy ?

I said "Fine example" Have you ever heard of drawing an analogy from example? Google is an example of top company you need top talented people like coders, managers, sales, marketing etc to be a top company.
Every society needs from janitor to a president and I respect their contribution. We are talking about h1b and I bet janitors are not going to qualify for h1b. Everyone one on this earth is talented in their own way but we are talking about h1b and law. Law doesn't capture intangible things.

You do not appear to know enough about EB1.

You should beat your drum . If you have enough patents, citations etc. you DO NOT need an employer. You can qualify for EB1-EA (Extraordinary Ability) based on your "top notch qualification" . The question is did you sweat enough to qualify for that ?

You said phd+patents = qualification for eb1. that is not true read subcategories in EB1.
I'm giving you company in the backlog :) lol

krishmunn
01-22-2014, 02:39 PM
You said phd+patents = qualification for eb1. that is not true read subcategories in EB1.
I'm giving you company in the backlog :) lol

First I am not in backlog --- crossed that bridge sometime back ... are you heartbroken ?

Second, to qualify for EB1 -EA one need to satisfy 3 of 10 points and the bottomline is a "highly talented" person like you should sail through if you sweat enough . So this means you are not sweating enough . Go and do that rather than bashing H4.

Third, we are NOT discussing H1 . You forgot the topic. We are discussing H4 and a proposed change in law NOT the existing law. BTW, all of you are also asking for a change of Law -- albeit to benfit your cause of getting a GC not EAD for H4.

Fourth, "being a spouse of h1b doesn't mean she/he should be given slack to get a job." --- never. But do you think getting an EAD gets you a job automatically ? You still need to appear for interview and prove yourself. Again NOT ALL JOBS qualify for H1

Fifth , talented you -- please learn how to use the Quotes properly when replying a post ... not really a rocket science

hfourvisa
01-22-2014, 03:37 PM
oneamongall1 you said "if you are so scared of your job, update yourself and be competent. I am more than 100% sure a competent person will find a job not only here in us but anywhere. "

it applies the same to you and h4s. Why do you want an easy route to work? H4s are not banned from applying for h1 visa. Try to get an h1 like everyone else.

I also raised the point of choosing between getting h4 rule approved and getting greencard. Problem with h4s is that they think too narrowly. The big problem is greencard backlog. If you get greencard, you will get work permit. So don't try and create a narrow group on facebook where some business will come and sympathize with you and make the most of you. All it is a group where each person will sympathise with other's sob stories and 'like' each other. In the end all you do is sign an online petition, write one or two posts or complain to your lawyer to save you because you are suffering. How ignorant is that? Get together and join hands with iv and get a law passed. You should not just be a onlooker and creating a profile today only to respond to me. You should be actively posting on your facebook group and getting h4s to support immigration voice if you really care about anything. This is what i said. But you whiners only see what you want to see and have no intention of doing anything constructive.

agree 100%

snthampi
01-22-2014, 06:30 PM
oneamongall1 you said "If you are so scared of your job, update yourself and be competent. I am more than 100% sure a competent person will find a job not only here in US but anywhere. "

It applies the same to you and H4s. Why do you want an easy route to work? H4s are not banned from applying for H1 visa. Try to get an H1 like everyone else.

I also raised the point of choosing between getting H4 rule approved and getting greencard. Problem with H4s is that they think too narrowly. The big problem is greencard backlog. If you get greencard, you will get work permit. So don't try and create a narrow group on facebook where some business will come and sympathize with you and make the most of you. All it is a group where each person will sympathise with other's sob stories and 'like' each other. In the end all you do is sign an online petition, write one or two posts or complain to your lawyer to save you because you are suffering. How ignorant is that? Get together and join hands with IV and get a law passed. You should not just be a onlooker and creating a profile today only to respond to me. You should be actively posting on your facebook group and getting H4s to support Immigration voice if you really care about anything. This is what I said. But you whiners only see what you want to see and have no intention of doing anything constructive.

Agree with your point on H4. With such a high percent of unemployment and the high availability of US citizens for non-technology jobs, it will be a real bad idea to give EAD to H4s. My spouse can also benefit from EAD for H4s, but that is against the interest of the citizens of this country.

krishmunn
01-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Agree with your point on H4. With such a high percent of unemployment and the high availability of US citizens for non-technology jobs, it will be a real bad idea to give EAD to H4s. My spouse can also benefit from EAD for H4s, but that is against the interest of the citizens of this country.

The anti-immigrants argue it is against the interest of the citizens to give Green Card and H1 to most except for the best abd brightest working in cutting edge technology (definitely not the Java developer number 34675) . Do you agree with them ?

gk_2000
01-22-2014, 08:40 PM
The anti-immigrants argue it is against the interest of the citizens to give Green Card and H1 to most except for the best abd brightest working in cutting edge technology (definitely not the Java developer number 34675) . Do you agree with them ?

What's wrong with knowing java? I think it is pretty tough to learn the myriad j2ee technologies, and those who b-itch against it (including me) are just losers who couldn't scale it. This deserves to be noted

krishmunn
01-22-2014, 10:05 PM
What's wrong with knowing java? I think it is pretty tough to learn the myriad j2ee technologies, and those who b-itch against it (including me) are just losers who couldn't scale it. This deserves to be noted

Nothing wrong with knowing Java . But it does not require any Extra Ordinary talent . Also , according to anti-immigrants , there is no dearth of Java programmers in US and it is a bad idea to give H1 and GC to programmers ... just the way some of the members think that it is a bad idea to give EAD to H4 .... just different view points

katta
01-23-2014, 02:45 AM
Nothing wrong with knowing Java . But it does not require any Extra Ordinary talent . Also , according to anti-immigrants , there is no dearth of Java programmers in US and it is a bad idea to give H1 and GC to programmers ... just the way some of the members think that it is a bad idea to give EAD to H4 .... just different view points

"But it does not require any Extra Ordinary talent" -- depends on what you are doing with java. If you are writing a java compiler then you need to very talented or in your words "Extra Ordinary talent" otherwise for simple loops you don't need much. I'm not saying every java developer is writing java compilers. May to develop in krishmunn flavor of java language/compiler/JVM developers don't have to know much. :) lol
Software systems are important as well otherwise things like healthcare.gov saga happens.

krishmunn
01-23-2014, 08:01 AM
"But it does not require any Extra Ordinary talent" -- depends on what you are doing with java. If you are writing a java compiler then you need to very talented or in your words "Extra Ordinary talent" otherwise for simple loops you don't need much. I'm not saying every java developer is writing java compilers. May to develop in krishmunn flavor of java language/compiler/JVM developers don't have to know much. :) lol
Software systems are important as well otherwise things like healthcare.gov saga happens.

So you are saying every "talented" H1 holder and GC aspirant (excluding me of course :) ) are writing Java compilers/working in google/develpoing new OS etc. Good --- I do not see a reason why so many GC aspirants are languishing in EB3 . Every single GC aspirant sure can go for at least EB2-NIW (again DO NOT need a job offer) like Trevor Linus .

You know , these Extra Talented H1 holders are F-A-R superior than useless H4s and are given red carpet welcome in this country :rolleyes:

katta
01-23-2014, 11:10 AM
So you are saying every "talented" H1 holder and GC aspirant (excluding me of course :) ) are writing Java compilers/working in google/develpoing new OS etc. Good --- I do not see a reason why so many GC aspirants are languishing in EB3 . Every single GC aspirant sure can go for at least EB2-NIW (again DO NOT need a job offer) like Trevor Linus .

You know , these Extra Talented H1 holders are F-A-R superior than useless H4s and are given red carpet welcome in this country :rolleyes:

"excluding me of course" once you were aspiring as well it seems like you feel you are born here now :)
They are languishing in EB3 because they developing in krishmunn Java in thin air that doesn't need electronics and material engineers build hardware. :)

I don't know which category Linus Torvalds got his GC but he came to US to work for a company Transmeta.

Dude take it easy I was being sarcastic not hurting your feelings.
I respect that everyone has different views. :) .

asaxena
01-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Mr or Mrs, imh1b
Whats going on? It seems that your H4 is not cooking for you!

---

Another topic---

Why people ,that are even eligible do not port to EB2?
Just want to know what is holding them back ?

AceMan
01-24-2014, 09:15 AM
---

Another topic---

Why people ,that are even eligible do not port to EB2?
Just want to know what is holding them back ?

Why don't you eat cake if you don't have rice?

asaxena
01-24-2014, 10:11 AM
My comments,were get the reason ,eb2 eligible people don't port their cases.
They were not meant to demean or insult any body

As far my case ,i am eligible to port.
I am working for a Fortune 500 company.
My employer won't do the porting.

But i don't want at this moment,to join a small consulting company,and leave all the benefits that you get working for a big company.

snthampi
01-24-2014, 07:24 PM
My comments,were get the reason ,eb2 eligible people don't port their cases.
They were not meant to demean or insult any body

As far my case ,i am eligible to port.
I am working for a Fortune 500 company.
My employer won't do the porting.

But i don't want at this moment,to join a small consulting company,and leave all the benefits that you get working for a big company.

I think, for a large number of people, the reason for not porting is just as yours. Some people have unique reasons. I don't want to because of personal reasons. I may pack up and go back any time, but not sure when :confused: So, don't want to go through the hassle of applying again and also don't care much about it anymore. For me, life is good even on EAD.

rupen
01-24-2014, 11:46 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3095760-iv-advocacy-event-1st-to-4th-march-2014-a.html

asaxena
01-25-2014, 04:56 PM
I think, for a large number of people, the reason for not porting is just as yours. Some people have unique reasons. I don't want to because of personal reasons. I may pack up and go back any time, but not sure when :confused: So, don't want to go through the hassle of applying again and also don't care much about it anymore. For me, life is good even on EAD.

Your date is in May 2004
Another 2 years,without eb3 row spillover

snthampi
01-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Your date is in May 2004
Another 2 years,without eb3 row spillover

Actually, being in the pending status helped me. I am not very keen on it anymore. As of today, I am here and the EAD is helping me.

By the way, I am not sure if my PD will be current in 2 years because of the pending numbers that are ahead of me.

asaxena
01-28-2014, 08:41 AM
does n't it frustrate you to wait for such a long time?
Even on EAD

snthampi
01-28-2014, 03:42 PM
does n't it frustrate you to wait for such a long time?
Even on EAD
It used to, but then my priorities changed. At this point, getting the GC will complicate things more for me. It may sound funny, but that is my situation.

asaxena
01-28-2014, 05:31 PM
It used to, but then my priorities changed. At this point, getting the GC will complicate things more for me. It may sound funny, but that is my situation.

---------------------
I think people ,who do not chase Gc ,lead a more peaceful life.

Best of luck