PDA

View Full Version : 2014 for CIR

njboy
01-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Another new year..I have been a member of this group for the past 8 years. I have attended rallies, sent flowers, donated miles /been to meetings with congressmen and senators aides, etc. I finally got my green card last year (2013) by upgrading to EB-2. I would humbly ask everyone here not to give up hope. I would ask the leaders of IV to provide direction to us so that we may do something.

I feel that the group is losing steam. I know there are things happening in the background but a vast majority of people are not aware of it. There are no mails coming in the IV (Northeast chapter) Yahoo groups. Part of it is my own fault. I have been busy last 1 year with my porting. But there are many who cannot port. Also porting is not a zero sum game. By porting I have taken away green cards of other EB2 people who are in line after me. So we need to find a sustainable solution to reduce the backlog.

I am in touch with my congressman Rush Holt's aides. They assure me that the congressman is aware of our plight. I got a personal reply from the Rutgers University president, to whom I corresponded my disappointment that he was supporting instate tuition for undocumented aliens, yet did not do anything for legal H1-B people.

At this point I just want to know what I can do. I feel out of the loop. Even though I have received my green card, I still remember the disappointment I shared with my compatriots here many years ago when Hillary Clinton voted against visa recapture. I have made a resolution this year to help the much maligned EB crowd in which I belonged for so many years.

asaxena
01-02-2014, 06:09 PM
I am also struck up in backlog. I am on EAD.I am working for a Japanese MNC.
I joined it last year using AC 21. I was planning to request my manager, if they can start a GC process in EB2 ,and I can port my priority date.

It looks very unlikely they will file a new case in EB 2 FOR me.
Though I am eligible.

This is based of experience of a fellow employee.
I can move to another employer, who can do the filing

That will mean, leaving a big company for a small consulting company.
What was your experience regarding porting?

njboy
01-02-2014, 07:07 PM
porting is easier than you think.. If you work for a genuine company, they won't even ask anything. Problems arise if you work for a desi consultancy with only few employees, doing business out of their house. I did porting with the same employer.

Suva
01-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Rush Holt is also my congressman. It seems you are from my area.

Another new year..I have been a member of this group for the past 8 years. I have attended rallies, sent flowers, donated miles /been to meetings with congressmen and senators aides, etc. I finally got my green card last year (2013) by upgrading to EB-2. I would humbly ask everyone here not to give up hope. I would ask the leaders of IV to provide direction to us so that we may do something.

I feel that the group is losing steam. I know there are things happening in the background but a vast majority of people are not aware of it. There are no mails coming in the IV (Northeast chapter) Yahoo groups. Part of it is my own fault. I have been busy last 1 year with my porting. But there are many who cannot port. Also porting is not a zero sum game. By porting I have taken away green cards of other EB2 people who are in line after me. So we need to find a sustainable solution to reduce the backlog.

I am in touch with my congressman Rush Holt's aides. They assure me that the congressman is aware of our plight. I got a personal reply from the Rutgers University president, to whom I corresponded my disappointment that he was supporting instate tuition for undocumented aliens, yet did not do anything for legal H1-B people.

At this point I just want to know what I can do. I feel out of the loop. Even though I have received my green card, I still remember the disappointment I shared with my compatriots here many years ago when Hillary Clinton voted against visa recapture. I have made a resolution this year to help the much maligned EB crowd in which I belonged for so many years.

njboy
01-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Suva,
Yes there are quite a few people from NJ. I attended a meeting many years ago in Fords NJ and there were many people from the tri-state area. PM me if you are in touch with the core group or want my help with advocacy.