PDA

View Full Version : Re-entry with EAD combo card

brasileiro1287
12-29-2013, 10:48 PM
I will be entering with a EAD combo work/AP card at JFK in NYC soon and the lines are always busy. To save time and patience, what is the best line to get in for my status? I am entering on the EAD with a pending 485 based on marriage case. How is the secondary screening by the way, pretty straight forward if your documents are in order? Thanks guys! :D

njboy
12-30-2013, 10:56 AM
this is a busy season, you must stand in the visitors/non-residents line. Sometimes I have gotten moved by the security people into the citizen's line because the visitors line was too long. But don't do that on your own.

brasileiro1287
12-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks so much!

open.247
12-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi
As you are travelling on EAD /AP combo card can you update me and any body else with experience in same situation . so far I am renewing My H1 every 2 years its expiring next year And my i485 is pending I have already wasted money on renewals of H-1, 5 times I am in EB 3 india backlog.
Now I don't want to renew it and just keep EAD status.

is it ok to do so. and if yes is there any problem in travelling back and forth from india on AP card. ??
Please advise.

Thanks

brasileiro1287
01-03-2014, 09:51 AM
No issue traveling on AP / Work Auth EAD card, made it through fine. I had all supporting documents to why I had the card though and had to show my marriage certificate to show the name change.

Thanks guys!

asaxena
01-03-2014, 11:48 AM
There are no issues.The only thing you need to take care ,is transit location.
Make sure ,that you don't require a transit visa, while returning to US.

I am in a similar situation.I have used AP , 2 times in last 4years

Ashwani

Hi
As you are travelling on EAD /AP combo card can you update me and any body else with experience in same situation . so far I am renewing My H1 every 2 years its expiring next year And my i485 is pending I have already wasted money on renewals of H-1, 5 times I am in EB 3 india backlog.
Now I don't want to renew it and just keep EAD status.

is it ok to do so. and if yes is there any problem in travelling back and forth from india on AP card. ??
Please advise.

Thanks

mmanurker
03-13-2014, 05:34 PM
No issue traveling on AP / Work Auth EAD card, made it through fine. I had all supporting documents to why I had the card though and had to show my marriage certificate to show the name change.

Thanks guys!

can you please list the supporting documents, is it EAD/AP combo card, AP paper document, copy of I-485 and passport?

for last few years i was renewing EAD/AP and was getting the paper document for AP which i used for travel. This time I got 2 year EAD/AP combo card in Apr 2013 and is valid till Apr 2015 but no AP paper document was mailed to me.

Now my question is did you travel on just combo card or did you get AP paper document as well? I am planning to travel this summer outside of USA and was wondering if using EAD/AP combo card which is valid till Apr 2015 would suffice? So basically I will be travelling in second year of EAD/AP card validity and want to know others experience travelling on combo card without the paper AP document. Thank you.

asaxena
03-13-2014, 08:01 PM
can you please list the supporting documents, is it EAD/AP combo card, AP paper document, copy of I-485 and passport?

for last few years i was renewing EAD/AP and was getting the paper document for AP which i used for travel. This time I got 2 year EAD/AP combo card in Apr 2013 and is valid till Apr 2015 but no AP paper document was mailed to me.

Now my question is did you travel on just combo card or did you get AP paper document as well? I am planning to travel this summer outside of USA and was wondering if using EAD/AP combo card which is valid till Apr 2015 would suffice? So basically I will be travelling in second year of EAD/AP card validity and want to know others experience travelling on combo card without the paper AP document. Thank you.

----------------------------------

Carry combo card ,that should be enough,but return within the validity period of the card