PDA

View Full Version : Help: Visitor visa extension for in-laws?

GCVictim
12-24-2013, 12:09 PM
My in-laws have visa ending in Feb. I am planning to extend their visa for another 6 months.This is the first time I am doing. I know we have to file I-538 application for the extension. But I have some questions need to be clarify.

1. Do we need file single application for both Husband and Wife?
2. If yes,Fee will be for single or for both? and How much?
3. What are supporting documents to be attached? Do we need to attach return flight ticket also?
4. My wife also working. Does she need to send pay stubs or/and bank statements?

Thanks in advance

mnvrk
12-24-2013, 12:27 PM
3. What are supporting documents to be attached? Do we need to attach return flight ticket also?
This is the list I have sent,
Cover letter seeking an extension, with the exact date of return journey, reason for extension, Also assuring that she was not working any where in US.
Copies of the return tickets.
Current Bank statement, showing that I can take care of her expenses for another 6 months, as I was the one who sponsored her visa and visit.
Passport copies (including my wife's passport, which has my mother in laws name in there)
Copy I-797, since I am on H1 and wife's H4
Letter from my employer (Proof of employment, with salary details included)

I am not sure about the other questions. I only requested for 5 months and 1 week extension, instead of complete 6 months. Just to make sure that I was not being too greedy and maximize the time and raise some red flags.

Thanks in advance