PDA

View Full Version : Where is IV? What do we do now?

kutra
11-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Why are thing so quite here? What are the next action items? Boehner just announced that there will be no immigration reform this year: Boehner rules out immigration reform this year – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/13/boehner-rules-out-immigration-reform-this-year/?hpt=hp_t2).

We have to act fast. Without IV, I have no idea what needs to be done.

looivy
11-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Why are thing so quite here? What are the next action items? Boehner just announced that there will be no immigration reform this year: Boehner rules out immigration reform this year CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/13/boehner-rules-out-immigration-reform-this-year/?hpt=hp_t2).

Kutra - I sometimes think that we should have taken the 7% to 15% quota raise that Grassley was offering. Ofcourse, hind sight is 20/20.

Rb_newsletter
11-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Kutra - I sometimes think that we should have taken the 7% to 15% quota raise that Grassley was offering. Ofcourse, hind sight is 20/20.

When did Grassley offer that?

bracelet80
11-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Why are thing so quite here? What are the next action items? Boehner just announced that there will be no immigration reform this year: Boehner rules out immigration reform this year CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/13/boehner-rules-out-immigration-reform-this-year/?hpt=hp_t2).

I strongly suggest IV to pass executive order from Obama to fix this legal immigration system.

otherwise there is no end of this and hi tech slavery will continue...

eastindia
11-13-2013, 05:08 PM
IV is there and working. You just have to attend its events and become a volunteer. IV had a advocacy day in September. How many of you came? Those who came have been doing action items as follow ups to our meeting. Did you know IV met with USCIS last week. IV was invited in a panel discussion. Did you ever 'Like' IV on facebook? Because you would have known.

Forum has turned into a place for fighting and people busy with tracking calculating. Serious members are contributing and volunteering already. I like this approach and it is more focused instead of trying to spend time convincing others.

Dingdong
11-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Not seeing any activity, I thought you had given up or maybe moved to another site. It actually works both ways. When you don't see others helping out, you move away and when we don't see you doing anything, we move away.

Rb_newsletter
11-14-2013, 05:46 PM
IV is there and working. You just have to attend its events and become a volunteer. IV had a advocacy day in September. How many of you came? Those who came have been doing action items as follow ups to our meeting. Did you know IV met with USCIS last week. IV was invited in a panel discussion. Did you ever 'Like' IV on facebook? Because you would have known.

Forum has turned into a place for fighting and people busy with tracking calculating. Serious members are contributing and volunteering already. I like this approach and it is more focused instead of trying to spend time convincing others.

Good job eastindia.

If you watch the herd of sheep, usually one sheep goes in front and other sheep follows. If the first sheep is not visible to the rest of the herd, then they cannot follow. So as the first sheep (the leader), IV has to make their ongoing efforts visible to the rest of the herd.

I know IVs action items cannot be made public because of its nature. But at least some of them shall be published at certain times to just show that something is happening.

You just have to attend its events and become a volunteer - - Those who came have been doing action items as follow ups to our meeting. -- it is more focused instead of trying to spend time convincing others.

A suggestion. Each local chapter shall publish their Weekly/monthly meeting schedule and invite in this open forum. By seeing these invitations people would definitely give it a try. If they like it they will continue.
I am a positive thinker. If there is a quality product no one would pass by without attempting to buy. Even if they don't buy they will keep it in their wish list. All that the product maker has to do is make it to the wish list.
Take baby steps. Don't expect people to fly across the continent for advocacy event on the day one. First baby step should be something like attend their local chapter meeting.

New year is around the corner. People take resolutions during this season. If IV can get "Attend IV meeting" in people's resolution list, I would call that a grand success.

GCkiyaGanja
11-14-2013, 09:53 PM
How about Anna hazare like fast?? oh no but poor Anna ji also could not succeed against wily politicians.

As AK hangal would say " Ab to uparwala , allah , bhagwan , jesus , wahe guru hee mallik hai"

simple.life
11-14-2013, 10:09 PM
hi tech slavery will continue...

chaki peeso and peeso and peeso......

spicy_guy
11-15-2013, 11:59 AM
... there there there is the water.... oh.. sweet..... aaaahh. snap.. thats mirage