PDA

View Full Version : Visa Bulletin For December 2013

Murthy
11-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Visa Bulletin For December 2013 (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6211.html)

Bad news EB2 India retrogressed to 15 Nov 2004.
OK let us assume may be due to heavy portings from EB3. Can not be due to new filings as EB2 India is not current in previous months.How can EB3 India is back to 01Sep2003 from 22SEP 2003.At least it should stay at 22SEP2003. In fact because of portings it must move further.What is going on!!!
CRAP !!!. Can IV core members explain the reasons??

coopheal
11-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Well they moved PDs far in advance for EB3 so they made a corrective step. Looking at the VB it seems it will stay like this for India atleast next 3-4 months.
If EB ROW's EB3 demand does not materialize EB3 India may get additional numbers but that seems like a long shot this year.

gc_check
11-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Visa Bulletin For December 2013 (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6211.html)

Bad news EB2 India retrogressed to 15 Nov 2004.
OK let us assume may be due to heavy portings from EB3. Can not be due to new filings as EB2 India is not current in previous months.How can EB3 India is back to 01Sep2003 from 22SEP 2003.At least it should stay at 22SEP2003. In fact because of portings it must move further.What is going on!!!
CRAP !!!. Can IV core members explain the reasons??

Many of the long waiters filed for their spouse as dependent / I-485. That has increased the number prior to the date set in VB. The actual numbers could increase slightly more that that is reflected in the current pending inventory as it takes time to go the initial process before showing up in demand. However total pending numbers for EB3 - ROW is far less than the annual limit, how even moving the dates for ROW will produce an influx of new applications. This number is play as a main criteria to determine EB3 movement. The signs look bleak atleast untll summer. Disappointing as it is for now :( but not that it is a surprise or unexpected things.

hiralal
11-11-2013, 05:02 AM
charles Oppen has clearly predicted this before the bulletin came out ..google for that or look at the link on some websites like murthy ...I guess they moved the dates in advance for revenue :D ..but now with Infosys paying them 32 million for visa settlement .. they don't need extra money for holiday season and bonuses ..

Murthy
11-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Well they moved PDs far in advance for EB3 so they made a corrective step. Looking at the VB it seems it will stay like this for India atleast next 3-4 months.
If EB ROW's EB3 demand does not materialize EB3 India may get additional numbers but that seems like a long shot this year.

OK why EB3 is moved back slightly we have some analysis and answers.EB2 retrogression is mainly definitely due to possible large portings from EB3 India having PDs in 2004 and 2005 and some 2003.I don't think due to dependent I-485 filings from the long waiters filed for their family members as dependent / I-485. Are they double counting numbers in both EB3 and EB2 although portings happened. Looks no one knew the real numbers unless IV finds them officially.Can Aman or Pappu share their valuable opinions here?

katta
11-11-2013, 11:59 AM
charles Oppen has clearly predicted this before the bulletin came out ..google for that or look at the link on some websites like murthy ...I guess they moved the dates in advance for revenue :D ..but now with Infosys paying them 32 million for visa settlement .. they don't need extra money for holiday season and bonuses ..

Infosys got nailed well by USCIS for visa fraud. They thought they can get away like they do in India. Hope USCIS investigates so called international managers who file in EB1 as well all their GC filed by Infosys.

gc_rip
11-11-2013, 01:36 PM
I guess this is a lesson learnt for most of us, who thought they don't need to participate/support IV. Can just port their case to EB2, and will get through.
I want to appeal to IV to come back online, and lead us to push for bills like HR 3012.

waitingnwaiting
11-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Infosys got nailed well by USCIS for visa fraud. They thought they can get away like they do in India. Hope USCIS investigates so called international managers who file in EB1 as well all their GC filed by Infosys.

It is not right to think that things will happen on their own.
This company was investigated because someone filed a lawsuit. Then there was a federal investigation.

But in the case of EB1 all people do is sign petitions and cry online on websites. Nothing will happen.

If someone feels strongly there is fraud, they should produce evidence to authorities and or file lawsuit. All other conversations is a waste and a lot of precious online ink has already been wasted in the few years. Imagine the amount of time best and brightest dumb people have wasted writing and reading about it on the last 5 years without being able to produce a single evidence or a lawsuit?

hiralal
11-12-2013, 05:59 AM
other reason could be holiday season ... they are just sitting on approvals and saying workload is high etc :D .... stuff like this will go on and on ...till more and more attractive places come up in the world with better economies . (which i guess are several 100 years away :D) ..happy holidays to all ..enjoy and have fun :)

immigrant2007
11-12-2013, 10:54 PM
It is not right to think that things will happen on their own.
This company was investigated because someone filed a lawsuit. Then there was a federal investigation.

But in the case of EB1 all people do is sign petitions and cry online on websites. Nothing will happen.

If someone feels strongly there is fraud, they should produce evidence to authorities and or file lawsuit. All other conversations is a waste and a lot of precious online ink has already been wasted in the few years. Imagine the amount of time best and brightest dumb people have wasted writing and reading about it on the last 5 years without being able to produce a single evidence or a lawsuit?

The only thing I might be interested in finding out is how the numbers were allocated in both family and employment from 2000 to 2010? DEtails of all GCs awarded particularly the details of all who got greened under 245(i). Where those numbers came from?What happened to the GCs that were filed during the same time?

AceMan
11-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Persons holding a managerial post for international companies are eligible for EB1 visa category. Almost everyone coming to US on L1 A category is eligible for that. That's the law; period.

I have seen people who are the supervisors (with basic graduation) in body shopping companies getting GC on EB1. Also highly qualified people with Masters and tons of real experience languishing with EB3. That is part of life.

The guys who are upset about this, should probably take a Tequila shot and go to bed.

AceMan
11-13-2013, 02:36 PM

Infosys is an international company and their managers do qualify for EB1.
It's an other matter they screw their employees as well and do the EB1 filing only at the very end of the 7th year if on L1 and that too only if they cry out loud.

waitingnwaiting
11-13-2013, 03:02 PM
I have seen people who are the supervisors (with basic graduation) in body shopping companies getting GC on EB1. Also highly qualified people with Masters and tons of real experience languishing with EB3. That is part of life.

These allegations are mostly posted by EB2 Indians because they think if they can eliminate EB1 managers queue, they will get more spillovers and get greencards.

EB2 India is a much bigger scam. Most EB2 are from body shopping companies who got their application done by the owner in EB2. If they were to try a job in any big US company, they may not even get to the interview stage. If someone were to investigate all EB2 greencards in the last 10 years they may find a lot of them using substitute labor.

AceMan
11-13-2013, 03:45 PM
These allegations are mostly posted by EB2 Indians because they think if they can eliminate EB1 managers queue, they will get more spillovers and get greencards.

EB2 India is a much bigger scam. Most EB2 are from body shopping companies who got their application done by the owner in EB2. If they were to try a job in any big US company, they may not even get to the interview stage. If someone were to investigate all EB2 greencards in the last 10 years they may find a lot of them using substitute labor.

People who do their GC in EB2, is eligible for the same as per the USCIS rules. Legal yes, ethical maybe... maybe not, I will not judge that.

It is a different matter, that the lawyers of big US companies are generally hand in glove with HR to do only EB3, even though the job experience, skill and ability suggests EB2.

On a side note the biggest threat is fake requirements and fake resumes. I have resumes with 10 years experience in technologies which were recently released. An interesting incident happened to my friend who was interviewing a candidate in person. After the initial pleasantries the following conversation happened.

Interviewer: I see you have OOPS on your resume. Let's discuss something about it.
Candidate: Oops, that would be a typo. Let me correct it.