PDA

View Full Version : Limit on wire amount from India to US?

Jenmom
11-04-2013, 05:19 PM
That's my question! My US owned company in Bangalore says they can't wire money to my US checking account because the amount is too large. It's only $4,000. I think I can wire that on my own from Western Union. I can't seem to get a straight answer.

Are there tax implications if it's my company or myself? HR doesn't seem to know. Thanks.

chakdepatte
11-05-2013, 02:33 PM
there is no limit as per se but Western Union blocked my transfer. they called me, had a ton of questions clarifying why that much amount. they were satisfied and also checked if I had more transactions like these planned.

they ask questions like, who are you sending, why, did you meet the person in person.
its to check fraud, money laundering and some regulations to comply with.

ensure u answer the follow up call from western union.

Jenmom
11-05-2013, 04:02 PM
The information is helpful if I'm going to wire money myself. I don't need to have anyone set up 2 checking accounts. I know there are always a lot of regulations and hoops to jump through.

The burning question is why this would be a problem for my company? They must do this all the time.

At any rate, I know the 2 checking account thing isn't true. I can handle the rest.

Thanks!

ca_immigrant
04-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Is this really that dfficult ?

I am thinking of having some 15 to 20k wired from India to here.
In my case will be money sent by family in India .

A friend of mine recently wired money from France to US and I bleieve had no issues.

So guess the problem is from India ? not to get into the US ?

ca_immigrant
04-08-2014, 11:13 AM
I believe I had talked to ICICI recently and they told me it should be straight forward.

(see details below)

Outward Remittance | Send Money Abroad | Remittance Services - ICICI Bank (http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/account-deposit/Outward-Remittance/index.html)