PDA

View Full Version : RFE on 485

hardmettle
11-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Hello All,
Need your opinion on the Birth Ceritificate RFE.
Situation is :
My wife name is mispelled in Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Co . Passports, Visas, 10th migration, EAD card has all correct name and Date of Birth. Municipality is not ready to correct the certificate. They issued a statement saying that
<Incorrect name > alias <correct name> .
I submited for 485
1) Birth Certificate with incorrect name
2) Letter by Municipality
3) Affidavit by Father

USCIS send me following RFE YOur Birth Certificate Indicates <incorrect name>
You are Applying for Adjustment of Status <correct name>

YOu submitted some evidence explaining difference in your name .

Submit evidence of full legal name such as civil birth certificate or current passport. If you legally changed your name , you must submit evidence of change , such as marriage certificate, divore decree or official action . Only your full legal name may be used in USCIS records. Please print your legal name .
Must respond by Jan 15 2013.
I would appreciate any help or directions.
Thanks

simple.life
11-08-2013, 01:17 AM
contact a lawyer, they probably deal with this issue regularly and can write a better response than you would.

garciaraceil
08-29-2015, 12:36 AM
Hello. I need some help.
On july 6 2015, i received a notice for my i-485 which is requesting for an RFE. I sent it in and USPS said they delivered it on JULY 22, 2015. But until now i haven't received any receipt notice from uscis. My case is still suspended. Does it really take 60 days before i find out if my case has been resumed? Im freaking out because there's no assurance that the uscis received my rfe. Please help me to understand my case. Thank you

bestoption
08-29-2015, 09:02 AM
For me, the acknowledge that USCIS received the RFE response was sent by text message the same night (around 10:00 PM) the day they received the response. The final decision came only around 60th day.

You should have sent the RFE response by recorded delivery/FEDEX. If it tells you that it has been delivered and USCIS website does not show or confirm the receipt, you probably need to take an appointment with your local office and try to re-send the response.

garciaraceil
08-31-2015, 10:05 PM
Thank you so much for your response. This means so much to me. I will resend it again. thank you