PDA

View Full Version : Opt work card lost in mail

Mikhaila
10-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Good day:

I was reading a forum from 2011 that addressed an individual's problem like mine where the approval notice was received, but the card was lost in the mail and a replacement card was filed for. I called uscis today and was informed that if my card was lost in the mail, that I would have to re-apply and wait the full three months for a card and pay the full application fee? I was further informed that I cannot work or anything in the mean time. I have job interviews scheduled for next week, can you please advise me of what I can do immediately to really help my process, I really cannot afford to wait another 3 months before interviewing for a job???

RockyG
01-30-2016, 10:35 AM
Hello,

I'm in the same situation. Have you used any I-9 forms for saving those three months or have you waited for three months

thanks

bajajpulsar
02-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Not sure how different it is now, but I faced this issue in 2010. I changed my address after applying the did not receive the EAD card. I had to wait for 90 days from the date of approval notice to get any response from the call center. After 90 days, they asked me to book infopass appointment, to speak in person with an officer. After the appointment, where I explained my situation, I got the EAD in 2-3 days at the new address.
If you can, try to schedule infopass appointment ASAP (before 90 days) to see if you get the same success.
Good luck.

RockyG
02-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Hi again,

I have tried the same way but there is no Info-pass appointments available around my location. So, I contacted USCIS and they suggested to re-apply for EAD. The University Advisers suggested the same as I haven't received but the tracking history shows card was delivered. USPS can't do anything and they said I have to file a claim .