PDA

View Full Version : Name Change RFE

sameerkhan7860
10-22-2013, 02:49 PM
My wife who filed as my dependant received an RFE for her I485 Petition. USCIS wants to verify her name.

On the initial 485 petition here name is <Name> <Maiden Name>, subsequently we had to renew her passport and on the insistence of the Passport office we added my last name, so now her name reads <Name> <Maiden Name> <LastName>. All susbequent petitions ( for EAD, AP, etc ) use this new name.

The RFE Letter states that we should give proof of her full name such as a passport, or in the case of a legal name change a marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.

We didnt change the name "legally" and I am not sure if copies of her passport showing the 2 names is sufficient.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Kindly comment.

asaxena
10-22-2013, 05:23 PM
My wife who filed as my dependant received an RFE for her I485 Petition. USCIS wants to verify her name.

On the initial 485 petition here name is <Name> <Maiden Name>, subsequently we had to renew her passport and on the insistence of the Passport office we added my last name, so now her name reads <Name> <Maiden Name> <LastName>. All susbequent petitions ( for EAD, AP, etc ) use this new name.

The RFE Letter states that we should give proof of her full name such as a passport, or in the case of a legal name change a marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.

We didnt change the name "legally" and I am not sure if copies of her passport showing the 2 names is sufficient.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Kindly comment.

---How did you get a RFE? Did you apply for AP or EAD ? If required,please contact a attorney

sameerkhan7860
10-23-2013, 04:11 PM
I got an RFE because my Priority Date is current, I have been woring on an EAD since July 2007 and have regularly filed for APs

asaxena
10-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Did you port

sameerkhan7860
10-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Yes , I did from EB3 to EB2.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a lawyer who would help, I tried reaching out to Ron Gotcher's firm, but they have not responded ( I called, and emailed)