PDA

View Full Version : Indian Passport Renewal

krishmunn
10-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Does anyone have the Phone number of BLS International, NEw York -- the company that handles Indian Passport renewal . The number on the website does not work (says disconnected).

Also, any recent experience on Indian PAssport Renewal from New York . How long does it take ?

Gumnaam
10-07-2013, 12:56 PM
This number worked for me.. 201-205-2096
I think its a central customer service number for three service centers - Washington DC, New York and Atlanta.

krishmunn
10-07-2013, 01:18 PM
This number worked for me.. 201-205-2096
I think its a central customer service number for three service centers - Washington DC, New York and Atlanta.

Did you call recently ? I am trying today and it says "You have reached a non working number" !

Gumnaam
10-07-2013, 01:26 PM
I called just before posting the response to you and was able to get thru.
Sorry, My application is only a week old and hence don't know how long it will take.

mk6803
10-07-2013, 03:57 PM
I got my passport renewed at BLS in August end. It took about 2 weeks... they fedexed it back to me.

sac-r-ten
10-07-2013, 03:58 PM
the 201-xxx.xxxx number is non-working. after 3 rings you get that message.
On the site they have different numbers. try that.

New York
BLS Visa Application Center
6th Floor,
Building Number 13
East 37th Street
Between 5th and Madison
NY 10016
Helpline : +1-855-436-0725, +1-888-683-7830
Phone : +1-646-656-0998

krishmunn
10-08-2013, 09:41 AM
I got my passport renewed at BLS in August end. It took about 2 weeks... they fedexed it back to me.

Thanks! I sent my package yesterday. Hopefully they will process fast. I have a trip to India planned in December.

BTW, I was able to get the 201 number after Gumnaam confirmed . It said "number not in service " a couple of times but with persistent effort I was able to get connected. I guess they keep a recorded "not in service" message to discourage callers :rolleyes:

mk6803
10-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks! I sent my package yesterday. Hopefully they will process fast. I have a trip to India planned in December.

BTW, I was able to get the 201 number after Gumnaam confirmed . It said "number not in service " a couple of times but with persistent effort I was able to get connected. I guess they keep a recorded "not in service" message to discourage callers :rolleyes:

Key is that it takes about 2 weeks from when they touch it and load it to the system... I submitted it in person since many online fora mentioned that they let the envelops unopened for a week or two of receipt... when you submit in person, the status changes to Sent to Consulate the next day itself since they have verified that everything is in order before taking your paperwork... I would recommend submit in person and collect by return fedex...

krishmunn
10-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Key is that it takes about 2 weeks from when they touch it and load it to the system... I submitted it in person since many online fora mentioned that they let the envelops unopened for a week or two of receipt... when you submit in person, the status changes to Sent to Consulate the next day itself since they have verified that everything is in order before taking your paperwork... I would recommend submit in person and collect by return fedex...

Unfortunately, I am not in a position to submit in person . Submitting in person means I will need to take a PTO which I cannot afford at this time. I will be using all my PTO days for trip to India

nshalady
10-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread. But since you guys have applied recently, I wanted to know how many photos are needed. The BLS website does not list it correctly. It says 3 are needed. When I called BLS (at 201-205-2096), the customer service person said, 7 are needed! 3 for nationality verification form, 1 for the application, and 3 extra (stapled to the application). There is no way anybody would have sent 7, because the website does not say 7 anywhere. Not sure why they have made it so complicated. Any ideas?

krishmunn
10-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread. But since you guys have applied recently, I wanted to know how many photos are needed. The BLS website does not list it correctly. It says 3 are needed. When I called BLS (at 201-205-2096), the customer service person said, 7 are needed! 3 for nationality verification form, 1 for the application, and 3 extra (stapled to the application). There is no way anybody would have sent 7, because the website does not say 7 anywhere. Not sure why they have made it so complicated. Any ideas?

I have sent 7. I agree it is very confusing but if you read all the docs available you will find that it says 3 nationality verification + 1 on form + 3 extra (I put those in a small envelop) . I needed one more for my child -- change in appearance. Also needed tonns of notarized affidavit one even to be signed by the child.

They have instructions and checklists listed in at least 3 different docs and each of these is slightly different from the other!!!

During last renewal , it was being hanled by consulate directly and things were MUCH simpler.

nshalady
10-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks Krishmunn! I'll also send 7 to be safe. As you said, the required docs list is different in different places of the website.

I have sent 7. I agree it is very confusing but if you read all the docs available you will find that it says 3 nationality verification + 1 on form + 3 extra (I put those in a small envelop) . I needed one more for my child -- change in appearance. Also needed tonns of notarized affidavit one even to be signed by the child.

They have instructions and checklists listed in at least 3 different docs and each of these is slightly different from the other!!!

During last renewal , it was being hanled by consulate directly and things were MUCH simpler.

Gumnaam
10-09-2013, 01:26 PM
I too had put in 7 photos exactly as Krishmunn has indicated.
Also, I sent by fedex and it was in something like "under processing" status for a day after reaching BLS New York. Then the very next day it changed to "Processing at Consulate General". Its been a week since then. I will post here as soon as I see a change in status.

Gumnaam
10-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Today my application status changed to "Ready for Dispatch". It has been less than three weeks since BLS had received my application (and I think there were couple of holidays in these weeks). I am impressed with the turnaround.

krishmunn
10-21-2013, 09:56 PM
My one was lying with BLS for 5 days without even showing up in their system. I had to escalate through their escalation mechanism to make it move. It moved to Ready to send to Consulate , then Processing at Consulate but again changed back to Ready to send to Consulate. I again sent mail and they confirmed it is actually sent to Consulate but status still shows Ready to send to Consulate. I am totally confused. This is the second week . I think by end of this week, I will escalate again with copy to consulate

mk6803
10-22-2013, 10:25 PM
Hi,

Just take a few of each size... they will take what they need...

waitingnwaiting
10-29-2013, 09:42 AM
My one was lying with BLS for 5 days without even showing up in their system. I had to escalate through their escalation mechanism to make it move. It moved to Ready to send to Consulate , then Processing at Consulate but again changed back to Ready to send to Consulate. I again sent mail and they confirmed it is actually sent to Consulate but status still shows Ready to send to Consulate. I am totally confused. This is the second week . I think by end of this week, I will escalate again with copy to consulate

Can you tell how you can escalate it?

I sent email and they did not reply. The phone number listed on their site Phone : +1-646-656-0998 is always busy. The other number 201-205-2096 finally connected after a long wait and they said they do not know anything and I should call other numbers
855 436 0725
888 683 7830

Its frustrating.

waitingnwaiting
10-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Here is the summary of my experience with Indian Embassy and BLS

I was helping a friend get tourist visa to India to travel with me.

We thought the visa will take about a week just like other countries but it has been more than 3 weeks now. Firstly the Indian government website is horrible for visa online form. When India calls itself an IT superpower if the outside world has to see a poorly done online form, it is pathetic. The form page does not have a security certificate even though it has https protocol. Most browsers block this page saying it is an insecure page and risky. is there not a concept of QA in India? I hear that so many H4 spouses with BA and B.Com degrees try and get H1B through desi consulting companies. If QA is so easy that even a non-IT person can do it, read every Leela and Sheela Indian can do it and get the coveted H1B visa for it that no American is available, why is it nobody QAed that online form?

Now if you look at its form fields and the complexity you will be confused. Its usability sucks big time. Forget filling on mobile or tablet or a mac. One cannot properly fill on a windows PC. There is no organization and even a basic design. Someone just threw it all together. I finally filled it after lot of effort.

Then I was asked to fill out some forms by BLS. BLS website has too much content and one has to spend an hour reading it. Providing all information does not mean dumping all information. Someone has to teach these people. They should organize it. But for that they need to hire someone to write and organize content and pay him. Maybe they just got this big business contract by knowing someone high up in the ladder of government. One has to invest and make a good website and do good customer service. The BLS forms on the website has so many usability mistakes. The shipping label form could be filled after so many trial and errors. What impression are we giving to people who visit India as a tourist?

After submitting the forms by mail, there was no email notification sent even though they asked for email ID in the form. there was no application tracking number sent. One has to go on his own and find out from their website by filling details. The tracking link is hidden on contact us page. There is an ugly popup on their homepage that appears every time you visit their website. The tracking information is not updated regularly.

After seeing that the application reached BLS I saw that it took them 3 days to submit to embassy. Why is submitting so time consuming. I thought that when embassy used to handle everything, their customer service was very poor. Now in private hands it will be top class. But while it has improved from before, it still sucks. When you try email from their customer service feedback form, they never reply. When you call the person seems to be talking to you with very thick Indian accent that a foreigner will find it hard to understand and lot of background noise as if their call center in India is in a middle of a weekly street market. The call center person can at most tell the same status that you can also see online and nothing much than saying your application is in process and you have to wait for 24 to 48 hours for status to change.

Overall bad experience. Instead of spending millions on hollow 'India Shining' advertisement to attract foreigner tourists, government needs to at least first make its systems better. If getting visa to India is such a painful experience, how do you expect a foreigner make a good impression about India? I am so happy I am out of that country. This experience is not a one off experience. People in India experience it every day of their life and now have become immune to it to ignore it or accept it as part of life. Those who are unwilling to make compromises and are bright, leave India for good and settle abroad. If India has to succeed and earn respect, Indians need to awaken themselves first, have courage, root out corruption and change the system to make it best in class. Period.

krishmunn
10-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Can you tell how you can escalate it?

I sent email and they did not reply. The phone number listed on their site Phone : +1-646-656-0998 is always busy. The other number 201-205-2096 finally connected after a long wait and they said they do not know anything and I should call other numbers
855 436 0725
888 683 7830

Its frustrating.

Go to Home page

Scroll down

Under Useful links, you will find Escalation.

BTW, my child's passport was delivered today ... took less than 3 weeks :)

krishmunn
10-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Here is the summary of my experience with Indian Embassy and BLS

I was helping a friend get tourist visa to India to travel with me.

We thought the visa will take about a week just like other countries but it has been more than 3 weeks now. Firstly the Indian government website is horrible for visa online form. When India calls itself an IT superpower if the outside world has to see a poorly done online form, it is pathetic. The form page does not have a security certificate even though it has https protocol. Most browsers block this page saying it is an insecure page and risky. is there not a concept of QA in India? I hear that so many H4 spouses with BA and B.Com degrees try and get H1B through desi consulting companies. If QA is so easy that even a non-IT person can do it, read every Leela and Sheela Indian can do it and get the coveted H1B visa for it that no American is available, why is it nobody QAed that online form?

Now if you look at its form fields and the complexity you will be confused. Its usability sucks big time. Forget filling on mobile or tablet or a mac. One cannot properly fill on a windows PC. There is no organization and even a basic design. Someone just threw it all together. I finally filled it after lot of effort.

Then I was asked to fill out some forms by BLS. BLS website has too much content and one has to spend an hour reading it. Providing all information does not mean dumping all information. Someone has to teach these people. They should organize it. But for that they need to hire someone to write and organize content and pay him. Maybe they just got this big business contract by knowing someone high up in the ladder of government. One has to invest and make a good website and do good customer service. The BLS forms on the website has so many usability mistakes. The shipping label form could be filled after so many trial and errors. What impression are we giving to people who visit India as a tourist?

After submitting the forms by mail, there was no email notification sent even though they asked for email ID in the form. there was no application tracking number sent. One has to go on his own and find out from their website by filling details. The tracking link is hidden on contact us page. There is an ugly popup on their homepage that appears every time you visit their website. The tracking information is not updated regularly.

After seeing that the application reached BLS I saw that it took them 3 days to submit to embassy. Why is submitting so time consuming. I thought that when embassy used to handle everything, their customer service was very poor. Now in private hands it will be top class. But while it has improved from before, it still sucks. When you try email from their customer service feedback form, they never reply. When you call the person seems to be talking to you with very thick Indian accent that a foreigner will find it hard to understand and lot of background noise as if their call center in India is in a middle of a weekly street market. The call center person can at most tell the same status that you can also see online and nothing much than saying your application is in process and you have to wait for 24 to 48 hours for status to change.

Overall bad experience. Instead of spending millions on hollow 'India Shining' advertisement to attract foreigner tourists, government needs to at least first make its systems better. If getting visa to India is such a painful experience, how do you expect a foreigner make a good impression about India? I am so happy I am out of that country. This experience is not a one off experience. People in India experience it every day of their life and now have become immune to it to ignore it or accept it as part of life. Those who are unwilling to make compromises and are bright, leave India for good and settle abroad. If India has to succeed and earn respect, Indians need to awaken themselves first, have courage, root out corruption and change the system to make it best in class. Period.

I agree to some of your points but ....

1) Your post smacks Gender bias ("Leela and Sheela ") .

2) "Takes 3 days to submit to embassy". I agree this is not ideal. However, did you question why H1 related documents need to be submitted to VFS in Mumbai 5 days prior to Visa Interview date ?

3) Form --- never needed to use the Visa form but Passport form is fairly easy to understand for a person with average intelligence. BTW, I have seen people asking questions about DS-160 in forums :)

4) Call Center -- Agree they need to be accent trained. However, I found them accomodating. When I called up to inquire the status, the person put me on hold, and a while later informed me that it is all set and online status will update by next morning

5) "painful experience" -- What you did not mention is what was "painful". I can understand it is time consuming but is it painful like waiting in a queue under the sun or rain like one need to queue up in front of US embassy ? Is it painful like travelling to a Finger Printing station like one need to for a simple Transit visa through UK ? Need to understand the "painful" part before I can comment.

6) "If India has to succeed and earn respect, Indians need to awaken themselves first, have courage, root out corruption and change the system to make it best in class." Agreed. But if I am not wrong , you are still an Indian. What have been your "awakening" ? What have been your contribution to "root out corruption and change the system". I am NOT saying things are right in India. All I am saying is WE are escapist . And being escapist we should not lecture on what "Indians" should do since WE did not have the "courage" to do any of these.

krishmunn
10-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Go to Home page

Scroll down

Under Useful links, you will find Escalation.

BTW, my child's passport was delivered today ... took less than 3 weeks :)

Am I to believe that the "bright" rightful holder of "coveted H1B" could not even find a link in the page :rolleyes:

Sorry --- could not resist

waitingnwaiting
10-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Am I to believe that the "bright" rightful holder of "coveted H1B" could not even find a link in the page :rolleyes:

Sorry --- could not resist

In internet parlance this is a hidden link in the footer.

It should have been on the top set of links under contact or on contact page. The user is expected to fully scan the site to find this hidden link in the footer on a long page? When IT person is not an expert in usability they should spend money and hire someone instead of just looking at making profits.

The big difference between USA and India is that in India things are passed when they are ok. In the west, its in the culture that people want things not just to be ok but they try to make it better than ok.

krishmunn
10-29-2013, 02:50 PM
In internet parlance this is a hidden link in the footer.

It should have been on the top set of links under contact or on contact page. The user is expected to fully scan the site to find this hidden link in the footer on a long page? When IT person is not an expert in usability they should spend money and hire someone instead of just looking at making profits.

I agree there are room for improvement. But a person with reasonable intelligence, particular one who claims to be "bright" and rightful holder of "coveted H1B", who is in Need of an escalation mechanism should be able to find it fairly easily. It is NOT buried under some other link.

The big difference between USA and India is that in India things are passed when they are ok. In the .west, its in the culture that people want things not just to be ok but they try to make it better than ok.

No one will deny things are far better in US. Having said that not everything is "better". One tiny example --- if you are in Stock trading , India has T+2 settlement cycle (probably now T+1 , they were trying), while US still continues to be at T+3 .

In banking and stock trading, anyone who has experienced, the usability of websites of Private Banks and Trading Platforms of India (ICICI, HDFC etc) are FAR better than that in US.

While US is superior in some aspect, there are other countries which are superior than US in some other aspect (Health Care for example).

waitingnwaiting
10-29-2013, 03:21 PM
The word "bright" has really hurt your sentiments. Look beyond the words and the overall message I wanted to convey. It is very easy to fall into that argument and conversation that leads nowhere except stoking egos.

Once the influence of lobbyists is reduced this country will shine more. The healthcare suffers here because of the power of lobbying. A common man finds it difficult to have a representation. Unless he has an organization with many voters and lot of campaign contributions, his interests are overlooked and large corporates or large organizations like NRA get an ear. It is something we as US residents must try and change or influence public opinion. It is not hard as changing system in India. Lawmakers are patriotic, intelligent and well educated unlike Laloos and Mayavatis of India.
If you ever go to Lobby days of IV you can experience that big difference. You cannot even imagine that doing in India.

Either one chooses to compromise or wait for a lifetime for a big revolution to happen.... or understand that life is short, makes the best use of his talent and skills and come where he is valued and given more opportunities. It is an individual choice and priorities in life. What is bad for someone is good for other. And what is good or bad is not an absolute good or absolute bad. There are always greys everywhere in lights and darks. Everyone has to make their choices.

krishmunn
10-29-2013, 03:33 PM
The word "bright" has really hurt your sentiments. Look beyond the words and the overall message I wanted to convey. It is very easy to fall into that argument and conversation that leads nowhere except stoking egos.

Once the influence of lobbyists is reduced this country will shine more. The healthcare suffers here because of the power of lobbying. A common man finds it difficult to have a representation. Unless he has an organization with many voters and lot of campaign contributions, his interests are overlooked and large corporates or large organizations like NRA get an ear. It is something we as US residents must try and change or influence public opinion. It is not hard as changing system in India. Lawmakers are patriotic, intelligent and well educated unlike Laloos and Mayavatis of India.
If you ever go to Lobby days of IV you can experience that big difference. You cannot even imagine that doing in India.

Either one chooses to compromise or wait for a lifetime for a big revolution to happen.... or understand that life is short, makes the best use of his talent and skills and come where he is valued and given more opportunities. It is an individual choice and priorities in life. What is bad for someone is good for other. And what is good or bad is not an absolute good or absolute bad. There are always greys everywhere in lights and darks. Everyone has to make their choices.

1) Bright did not hurt me. What hurt me was your arrogance that you are superior than others and you have the right to lecture others.

2) "come where he is valued " , had you been "valued" you would have got your GC through EB1 or EB2-NIW. That's how "valued" people get their GC. Rest of us are at employer's mercy

3) "It is an individual choice and priorities in life. " -- so what happened to your lecture on what Indians should do ? Talk is cheap ... very cheap.

4) "Once the influence of lobbyists is reduced this country will shine more." -- and when will that golden day come ? tomorrow ? And without lobbyist who is going to persue the case of IV representating people like us ?

chakdepatte
10-29-2013, 09:39 PM
1st they returned in 2 weeks because their checklist was not clear. No refund

2nd time they decided that the passport was damaged. No refund and application lost

2 weeks and they really dont know if they have lost it or not.

Gonna send it the 3rd time with the fee again

Cant even sue them due to diplomatic immunity.

Enjoy the ride.

waitingnwaiting
10-29-2013, 11:27 PM

2nd time they decided that the passport was damaged. No refund and application lost

Enjoy the ride.

Tell this to krishmunn who is trying to defend them.

krishmunn
10-30-2013, 08:30 AM

Enjoy the ride.

1) I and many others have been able to use the same checklist and send all documents first time right. Looks like some of the "best and brightest" has difficulty :)

2) A damaged passport is mostly not considered in any consulate. However, it is serious if they lost it. Did you try the escalation (the link is in their website)

3) BLS is a private body. They do not have diplomatic immunity. You can definitely sue them. I suggest Go ahead and do let us know teh outcome. You might even make a class action lawsuit if there are enough people whose passport is lost

4) (for waitingnwaiting) -- I am NOT trying to defend BLS , nor saying all is right with India. I am trying to defend --a) the fairer sex , who according to your comments ("leela, shiela") is good for nothing ; b) the millions of Indians who are living and contributing in India who according to you are not as "bright" as you .

I am trying to change the mindset of you and several others who somehow manage a H1 (though they probably never could get a job in a tier 1 company in India) OR manage a F1 to study in a Onehorsetown university (though they probably never got admitted to even a tier 2 college in India) and then start thinking they are superior to rest of Indians. You think you , standing in the Green Card queue for years, are the "best and brightest" India has ever produced and have a right to lecture what Indians should and should not do.

katta
10-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Tell this to krishmunn who is trying to defend them.

@waitingnwaiting. I had similar experience. In my experience the form are ambiguous and process is very murky. The people in Indian consulate have typical "sarkari babu" mentality.

All I can say is krishmunn is in denial and he can't accept constructive criticism of Indian bureaucracy. @waitingnwaiting never said US is gold standard all he is saying streamline the process and no ambiguity in questions and process. If India has to accept as many immigrants as US does, nothing is ever going to be done with current process. @krishmunn keep in mind the volume of immigrants and non-immigrants the US immigration process can handle.

@krishmunn stock market is irreverent for visa process discussion but here is something to think about. If Indian Stock Brokers were to trade in US like they do (insider trading) in India they will have free food and free place to sleep.

katta
10-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Please recall couple of years ago San Francisco Indian consulate has dumped the US Citizens Indian visa application without shredding them in a land fill. when this was news the Indian consulate general said we gave to third party to shred so it not our responsibility. He did not apologize. In India no one takes responsibility and everyone shirks the responsibility. Indian sarkari babus don't know anything about privacy more so in India.

snthampi
10-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Please recall couple of years ago San Francisco Indian consulate has dumped the US Citizens Indian visa application without shredding them in a land fill. when this was news the Indian consulate general said we gave to third party to shred so it not our responsibility. He did not apologize. In India no one takes responsibility and everyone shirks the responsibility. Indian sarkari babus don't know anything about privacy more so in India.

Indian Govt employees are filthy garbage, no exceptions. Even a decent person turns into a filthy animal, the moment they join the Indian Govt work force. Comparing those animals to the US Govt work force is a joke. I never had to bribe anyone to get anything done here in this country.

krishmunn
10-30-2013, 03:31 PM
@waitingnwaiting. I had similar experience. In my experience the form are ambiguous and process is very murky. The people in Indian consulate have typical "sarkari babu" mentality.

All I can say is krishmunn is in denial and he can't accept constructive criticism of Indian bureaucracy. @waitingnwaiting never said US is gold standard all he is saying streamline the process and no ambiguity in questions and process. If India has to accept as many immigrants as US does, nothing is ever going to be done with current process. @krishmunn keep in mind the volume of immigrants and non-immigrants the US immigration process can handle.

@krishmunn stock market is irreverent for visa process discussion but here is something to think about. If Indian Stock Brokers were to trade in US like they do (insider trading) in India they will have free food and free place to sleep.

Ambigous form and murky process -- I can take that. But immigration related process is never straight forward anywhere. For a US tourist visa one has to wait in queue for hours. waitingwating's friend should feel good that Indian Visa process did not make him/her wait in queue for hours.

Streamline -- why not put some real good suggestions rather than "it is all bad" rant. That is what is called "constructive criticism". BTW, I did not have any problem with those ambigous forms and murky process --- I was able to sail through pretty smooth . May be because I am not as bright as those who think they are "best and brightest" :)

Volume of immigrants in US -- Good point . If US had the volume of Indian population in as much land as India , US would have been worse than India.

irrelevant discussion -- waitingnwaiting DID NOT limit his discussion to Visa process (heck this thread was for Passport ...) but went all over on how bad systems are in India ("People in India experience it every day of their life and now have become immune to it to ignore it or accept it as part of life.") . So if you want to advise regarding irrelevant discussion, advice him first. He just wanted an opportunity to tell the world that he and is like are the best (begging for Green Card :) ) and started lecturing what rest of Indians should do

Insider Trading --- Hmmmm .... does Martha Stewart ring a bell ?

My only advice to you and others --- stop being an armchair revolutionist. If you want to improve things , take step yourself. Send your grievences through proper channel (I am sure you know GOI now has a portal for Grievences and if you put a complaint it works !) . I am not asking you to go to India and work at grassroot level like teaching , medical services in remote villages . They are the REAL heros , not you or I who escaped and now standing with a begging bowl for Green Card in US. You can live your luxarious life and do your bit, if you wish. Just stop lecturing what Indians should and should not do , more so since you have NEVER done ANYTHING.

PS: I have used some strong words but do not mean any disrespect to anyone except those who think that they are the "best and brightest"of India and has a right to advise rest of Indians on what to do and not to do.

krishmunn
10-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Indian Govt employees are filthy garbage, no exceptions. Even a decent person turns into a filthy animal, the moment they join the Indian Govt work force. Comparing those animals to the US Govt work force is a joke. I never had to bribe anyone to get anything done here in this country.

First, the thread discusses about BLS ... an outsourcing firm used by Indian consulate. They are NOT Indian Govt. Employee.

Second , nobody is comparing Indian Govt. employee to US Employee -- that is your imagination

Third , DO NOT generalize ... read about Ubagarampillai Sagayam . There are more like him.

snthampi
10-30-2013, 03:56 PM
First, the thread discusses about BLS ... an outsourcing firm used by Indian consulate. They are NOT Indian Govt. Employee.

Second , nobody is comparing Indian Govt. employee to US Employee -- that is your imagination

Third , DO NOT generalize ... read about Ubagarampillai Sagayam . There are more like him.

Do you even read the posts properly? My response was to Katta post about Indian consulate dumping US citizens' visa applications without shredding. Why the hell you argue senselessly? Don't even respond.

krishmunn
10-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Do you even read the posts properly? My response was to Katta post about Indian consulate dumping US citizens' visa applications without shredding. Why the hell you argue senselessly? Don't even respond.

Aha! So Did Katta compare Indian employees with US employees in that post which you quoted ? I sure have missed it . Or are you hurt that I burst your assertion "Indian Govt employees are filthy garbage, no exceptions" :rolleyes:

waitingnwaiting
10-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Ambigous form and murky process -- I can take that. But immigration related process is never straight forward anywhere. For a US tourist visa one has to wait in queue for hours. waitingwating's friend should feel good that Indian Visa process did not make him/her wait in queue for hours.

Queue is good. This country is USA and every other person wants to come here one way or another. Tough measures are needed and interview is a good process to screen. If there are no checks you will see many Indian companies will exploit loopholes and bring cheap labor to the country. Does recent news of Infoshit ring a bell. I did not like them settling. They should have been punished instead.

Streamline -- why not put some real good suggestions rather than "it is all bad" rant. That is what is called "constructive criticism". BTW, I did not have any problem with those ambigous forms and murky process --- I was able to sail through pretty smooth . May be because I am not as bright as those who think they are "best and brightest" :)

Yeah right you are not bright and compromise with poor quality like other desi misfits. Most desis catapult themselves and become better to compete with world class talent under good environment here. But some still build mini India here, hang out only with other desis, praise India all the time but desperately want to settle in USA. Those who get greencard open thier desi consulting. If they love India so much, why dont they go back and live there?

Volume of immigrants in US -- Good point . If US had the volume of Indian population in as much land as India , US would have been worse than India.

This is why tough immigration laws in USA are so important. So that every other person in the world does not enter.

irrelevant discussion -- waitingnwaiting DID NOT limit his discussion to Visa process (heck this thread was for Passport ...) but went all over on how bad systems are in India ("People in India experience it every day of their life and now have become immune to it to ignore it or accept it as part of life.") . So if you want to advise regarding irrelevant discussion, advice him first. He just wanted an opportunity to tell the world that he and is like are the best (begging for Green Card :) ) and started lecturing what rest of Indians should do

Of course I will. If you cannot listen to criticism, please type Shining India on you tube and watch the ads. Or you listen to Subramanium Swami, Anna Hazare, Kejriwal, Ramdev etc to feel the truth. We are not begging for Green Card. Get that clear and out of your system. Only people who are cheap labor and doing lowly jobs do that. Many of us work for top companies and have good education. Greencard will come one day or will not. It is not the end of the world. What we like is the system and opportunities.

Insider Trading --- Hmmmm .... does Martha Stewart ring a bell ?

Should I name all the scams taking place in your beloved country?

My only advice to you and others --- stop being an armchair revolutionist. If you want to improve things , take step yourself. Send your grievences through proper channel (I am sure you know GOI now has a portal for Grievences and if you put a complaint it works !) . I am not asking you to go to India and work at grassroot level like teaching , medical services in remote villages . They are the REAL heros , not you or I who escaped and now standing with a begging bowl for Green Card in US. You can live your luxarious life and do your bit, if you wish. Just stop lecturing what Indians should and should not do , more so since you have NEVER done ANYTHING.

Yes do not be an armchair revolutionist. Get out of your cubicle. As an NRI the least you can do is support revolution taking place in your country through your dollars.

You seem to still have trust in your Indian government. Are you joking by saying sending email via portal to GOI? How about you send email to Ministers and ask them to not do scams? I am sure they will stop it by reading your email.

And about lecturing, what you said above was plain lecture.

PS: I have used some strong words but do not mean any disrespect to anyone except those who think that they are the "best and brightest"of India and has a right to advise rest of Indians on what to do and not to do.

Do you work for Infoshit?

katta
10-30-2013, 04:32 PM
@krishmunn At least at US consulate they have process ie standing in Line but in Indian system they don't have a fair process and no knows about Queue concept. (example: Railway reservation or airport)
Size of a country is no excuse to follow the law and create a fair process. If India has immigration backlog as we are in now Sarkari Babus would have created an "enterprise" under the table. Here the system is by and large fair and hope to get GC sometime. I'm not saying US is gold standard but better than India in many ways. You are in US because you feel US is better. If you don't agree with me and feel passionate about India then other in front of you in GC line would be happy to have your GC. You don't know, what me and my family has done/given to India. I will leave you with that.

krishmunn
10-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Queue is good. This country is USA and every other person wants to come here one way or another. Tough measures are needed and interview is a good process to screen.

Then why do you crib when Indian consulate is doing a thorough screening and taking time ?

Yeah right you are not bright and compromise with poor quality like other desi misfits. Most desis catapult themselves and become better to compete with world class talent under good environment here.

Looks like your "talent" did not even make you capable to navigate through a simple webpage. Don't you think your claim of being "bright" and "talented" is BOGUS

This is why tough immigration laws in USA are so important. So that every other person in the world does not enter.

Sure, every country should enforce it. Who argues ?

Of course I will. If you cannot listen to criticism, please type Shining India on you tube and watch the ads. Or you listen to Subramanium Swami, Anna Hazare, Kejriwal, Ramdev etc to feel the truth.

Do you even know what "Contructive criticism" means ? First learn the meaning. What you are throwing here is "rant" and "hot air" NOT within light years of constructive criticism.

We are not begging for Green Card. Get that clear and out of your system. Only people who are cheap labor and doing lowly jobs do that. Many of us work for top companies and have good education.

Ah! Top Companies ??? So which top company you work for .. Quote from your another post ""All of us working in IT consulting should expect our rates going per hour". People with good education work for good companies as FTE ... not for some shady consulting company.

Greencard will come one day or will not. It is not the end of the world. What we like is the system and opportunities.

Do you want me to quote from this very forum how YOU are craving for Green Card.

Should I name all the scams taking place in your beloved country?

Nobody ever claimed India is the land of milk and honey. Far from it.

Yes do not be an armchair revolutionist. Get out of your cubicle. As an NRI the least you can do is support revolution taking place in your country through your dollars.

So how many cents have you contributed to the Great Indian Revolution :) Oh! I know you have spared your valuable time lecturing what they should do and of course how useless Indian Woman are.

You seem to still have trust in your Indian government. Are you joking by saying sending email via portal to GOI?

Have you EVER tried to sort things out through the Grievence portal ? I did . And it works. My PF from old Indian company was stuck for months and one complaint through the Grievence portal sorted it out in 15 days. I did not even have to follow up. But people like you , who has difficulty finding the escalation mechanism in a simple website , might still find it difficult.

And about lecturing, what you said above was plain lecture.

Did I ? I though I just pointed out that far from your claim you are NOT the "best and brightest". There are tonns of "best and brightest" in India who are serving India.

Do you work for Infoshit?
Never had the fortune (or misfortune) . But I suspect it would be much better than the shady IT consulting company you are working for .

krishmunn
10-30-2013, 05:06 PM
@krishmunn At least at US consulate they have process ie standing in Line but in Indian system they don't have a fair process and no knows about Queue concept. (example: Railway reservation or airport)

So do you think it is Government's responsibility to enforce queue ? Or you as a person should do it ?

[QUOTE]

Size of a country is no excuse to follow the law and create a fair process.
If India has immigration backlog as we are in now Sarkari Babus would have created an "enterprise" under the table. Here the system is by and large fair and hope to get GC sometime. I'm not saying US is gold standard but better than India in many ways. You are in US because you feel US is better. If you don't agree with me and feel passionate about India then other in front of you in GC line would be happy to have your GC. You don't know, what me and my family has done/given to India. I will leave you with that.

US is better, I agree. But India is not all shit as claimed by some. Further, I have sailed through the SAME Indian process and got my child's passport in less than 3 weeks. I fail to understand why some of the best and brightest are having problem understanding the form or finding the esclataion email etc. That is the point.

It is true you do not pay under the table here but the amount you/your employer has to pay over the table to lawyers for filling some simple forms is mind boggling. I have seen the "best and brightest" paying $500 to lawyers to fill a simple EAD application !

I AM Passionate about India. I have been in this country long before many of you and decided to return for good. Bought house and settled down in India but had to return back to US for some personal reason. However, I WILL return to India. I have a timeline and some personal reasons. As for the GC queue --- unfortunately (for you), I already got my GC ... not through an IT consulting but as an FTE of a mid size startup.

Good to knwo you are doing a lot for India but please don't try to preach what Indians should do.

snthampi
10-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Aha! So Did Katta compare Indian employees with US employees in that post which you quoted ? I sure have missed it . Or are you hurt that I burst your assertion "Indian Govt employees are filthy garbage, no exceptions" :rolleyes:
You go back and read his post that I responded to.

Yes, I am really hurt by your stupid comments!!! By the way, let me repeat that the Indian Govt employees are filthy garbage. If it hurts your feelings, sorry sister!

krishmunn
10-31-2013, 01:33 PM
You go back and read his post that I responded to.

Yes, I am really hurt by your stupid comments!!! By the way, let me repeat that the Indian Govt employees are filthy garbage. If it hurts your feelings, sorry sister!

There are enough good officials though there are unfortunately a lot bad apples too. It's a pity you never opened your eyes.

Anyway, some people prefer to close their eyes and say it is dark even in broad daylight. Nobody can help you unfortunately :( It takes some level of maturity to know that generalization is bad.
BTW, did you google about Ubagarampillai Sagayam . If you do not know how to use google, I can post some info about him right here.

vivz
02-27-2014, 04:00 PM
I don't know how much of importance / relevance this is going to be but I just wanted to throw my processing timings out there:

Service : Passport Renewal - (Chicago location)

Timings :
Application accepted by BLS: 19-02-2014 , 10:06
Application Processed on Date :19-02-2014
Application Processed and submitted to Consulate : 21-02-2014 , 10:37
Application received at BLS Center : 27-02-2014 , 09:11
Application handed over to Applicant : -
Application Dispatched to Applicant :27-02-2014 , 12:17

Note: I sent a prepaid envelope for the passport to be returned via courier and recommend the same to anybody else. This was a normal (Not Tatkal/Urgent) passport renewal.

EdwardFlournoy
03-03-2014, 03:14 AM
i hope it gets sorted out soon

chakdepatte
04-10-2014, 12:59 PM
@Krishmunn - finally sent the application the 3rd time. it took 2 months to approve and they informed me that they dispatched it. I never saw the passport. long story short - I was about to drive to NY to apply in tatkal for the the 4th time when they informed me that they had never dispatched it. I did not abuse anyone in the process and got paid back by someone who investigated and ensured the passport was delivered to me without me driving to NY. just the day before I planned to leave for NY.
Finally my passport is here after 8 months and spending $800. last I remember greasing every palm in mumbai to get a passport out in 2 weeks with $100.

Its good that u don't see indian people in bad light. This was never about the people, it was about the process.

Easy to talk positive but try to understand the pain the other person is going through. you may help a lot of people with your attitude.

krishmunn
04-10-2014, 01:43 PM
@Krishmunn - finally sent the application the 3rd time. it took 2 months to approve and they informed me that they dispatched it. I never saw the passport. long story short - I was about to drive to NY to apply in tatkal for the the 4th time when they informed me that they had never dispatched it. I did not abuse anyone in the process and got paid back by someone who investigated and ensured the passport was delivered to me without me driving to NY. just the day before I planned to leave for NY.
Finally my passport is here after 8 months and spending $800. last I remember greasing every palm in mumbai to get a passport out in 2 weeks with $100.

Its good that u don't see indian people in bad light. This was never about the people, it was about the process.

Easy to talk positive but try to understand the pain the other person is going through. you may help a lot of people with your attitude.

I sympathize with you. But ...

Your first attempt was a mistake on your part --- you did not follow check list . This would have happened in any part of the world. For example, if you H1 petition is submitted without proper documents, it will be denied and your employer does not get the fees back.

Second attempt -- you said your passport was damaged. The website says , there are additional forms for damaged passport. Did you submit those and they still did not consider ?

Third (and final attempt) --- Good it worked out. In their website they say that for lost or Damaged passport, the processing time is "6 - 8 weeks (If Original passport details are traceable in the data base, ". It looks like your one was just on time.

The error in your process seems to be that BLS said they sent it while it was actually not sent to you.

BTW, did you file a lawsuit against BLS. I thought you once mentioned about it.

I have applied my and my wife's passport in India (also extensions) but NEVER had to grease palms. I preferred to go to passport office myself rather than using some Agent.

Extended my child's passport twice in US (NY Consulate) and it was not an issue (I read all instructions and checklists and followed then word by word).

chakdepatte
04-10-2014, 02:55 PM
So if BLS asks for clarification of why they see 2 more applications for the same passport? what would you answer be? I asked them and mum is the word.
Legal immunity protects them. All you can do is file a complaint with policy and FBI.

Wish you smooth sailing and hope u don't have to get into any mess like these. glad to there is still some place in homeland where things move without any greasing.

krishmunn
04-10-2014, 06:35 PM
So if BLS asks for clarification of why they see 2 more applications for the same passport? what would you answer be? I asked them and mum is the word.
Legal immunity protects them. All you can do is file a complaint with policy and FBI.

Wish you smooth sailing and hope u don't have to get into any mess like these. glad to there is still some place in homeland where things move without any greasing.

They are NOT protected by legal immunity. BLS is a private company doing business in US. They have no more protection than (say) Walmart. Legal immunity is for diplomats (officials in consulate) not for BLS. Depending on your state , you can even go to small claims court against them in your local county court (even though they are not located in your state). I know that is the rule in MA where plaintiff has the option to file a complaint in plaintiffs county/town of residence or town where the defendent is doing business.
One point --- if you file a lawsuit and if they can prove that they are not wrong, they can countersue you for their cost to defend the case. But if you are sure they were wrong , I say go ahead. This is what is needed in stead of ranting in forums.

Corruption is rampant in India but if you are persistent, you can get many things done without greasing . Apart from getting our passport , I have got land phone connection of our home (back in 90s) , Driving license , car registration, etc. without greasing ..... in some case , I just had to make a complaint to the higher up. For example, when our landphone was not getting activated (because we did not grease the workers who installed it) , I met the DGM and the phone was activated in less than 20 minutes ! I have done this in many different area -- from Banking Ombudsman to TRAI to Grievance portal and it all worked :)

It takes time and patience. For example, for passport application (in India) , I spent half a day travelling to passport office in Dadar, waiting in queue. Went for a second day because I forgot to take some of documents on day one (my mistake). But I travelled miles and stood in queue for a US visa as well .... so why complain ?

I have done similar things here too -- - threatened apartment manage to take to court (and they refunded security deposit), filed complaint with DOT against airlines (and they paid), complaint to Department of Insurance etc.

I made it a policy not to bribe or accept something wrong but with age I do not know how long I can hold it ....

pappu
04-11-2014, 10:13 AM
No business has any immunity in US. You can sue. You can even sue US government. All it takes a will and much you want to stand up for yourself. But if posting on website and petition is your solution then there is actually no problem that you are complaining about in my opinion. Such postings are found in tons on all immigration forms and I doubt if a single one has taken it on himself to fix it. People should not be trying to find sympathizers on forums but people whom they can team up and fix the issue. This is why IV was formed. But we as Indians and immigrants here are either scared or lazy to stand up for ourselves. This is why people with criminal backgrounds, rapists, murderers and corrupt politicians and officials rule India because they are selected with Indians who care less if the country goes to dogs. As India goes to elections I feel pained to see what India has become. In the case of Passport, there is RTI, media and other tools to make lot of noise and force the government to fix the problem to avoid bad publicity of the country abroad, if you do not want to file a lawsuit.

I was also surprised by the comment from the poster when he said 'BLS has immunity'. I would be interested in knowing where he got that information on and why he posted such comment. If educated Indians who come to US have such level of awareness then what about the common person in India? No wonder we hear so many stories of how immigrants are screwed by employers here. It explains it. This is why I said on other thread that people from the most backlogged country deserve to be backlogged unless they stand up for themselves.

Ahimsa
04-15-2014, 08:49 PM
I applied for passport renewal through mail on Feb 7, 2014.
BLS site showed missing nationality form.
Why do they need a nationality form if I already hold an Indian passport?
I sent the form immediately to BLS. BLS received it.
Still after 2 months BLS did not update my application status.
Their phone is not answering my call. They don't respond to my emails too.
I also notified Indian embassy about BLS's no response. Embassy also did not respond.

I am confused what kind of option I have. I am 550 miles away so meeting BLS in person would really help?

Also, is BLS going away after May 2014?

I need the renewed passport to renew my EAD.

Can someone give me your thoughts?

Ahimsa
04-17-2014, 06:37 PM
If anyone is interested to know how to make BLS responsible, please read on.
Yesterday I filed a complaint with BBB.org on BLS NY center's inept response to my passport renewal application.
Voila! BBB did the magic!!
The very next day, i.e., today, BLS started processing my application again!!!

So, BBB.org is VERY GOOD.

Desertfox
04-17-2014, 11:09 PM
If anyone is interested to know how to make BLS responsible, please read on.
Yesterday I filed a complaint with BBB.org on BLS NY center's inept response to my passport renewal application.
Voila! BBB did the magic!!
The very next day, i.e., today, BLS started processing my application again!!!

So, BBB.org is VERY GOOD.

Useful information... thank you for sharing, Ahimsa!

By the way, is there any specific reason you need your passport for EAD renewal? I thought if you have a driver's license issued here in the US you may use a copy for the identity verification with USCIS. Also I-765 instruction on USCIS website says that you may submit copy of your previous EAD for renewal application. In fact I did not include passport copy with my last two EAD renewals.

Ahimsa
04-18-2014, 04:55 PM
I renewed my EAD through my attorney for the last 3 times.
Each time he asked for copies of non-blank passport pages.
I don't know why my attorney asked for passport pages.
I will ask him this time.
Thanks for the info that I don't need to submit passport pages!

sac-r-ten
06-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Hi all,
I am trying to renew my passport using postal service from Washington DC. The Passport order form request Airway Bill numbers. So i should be going to USPS or FEDEx first and get airway bills and put the number here?
They need 1 for each sending the documents and returning. am i understanding this process correctly?
Whats the difference between shipping label and return Airway bill?

please help, anyone on this thread.

sanju_dba
06-19-2014, 10:32 AM
Hi all,
I am trying to renew my passport using postal service from Washington DC. The Passport order form request Airway Bill numbers. So i should be going to USPS or FEDEx first and get airway bills and put the number here?
They need 1 for each sending the documents and returning. am i understanding this process correctly?
Whats the difference between shipping label and return Airway bill?

please help, anyone on this thread.

Airway bill is tracking number of any courier. one for sending one for your self addressed envelop with return tracking number postage paid.
You can use FEDEX or USPS, after so much of hassle I suggest you use Fedex.
also do not buy MO from USPS its expensive than a bank / walmart

After renewing my wife's passport , apply my son's PIO card , visa transfer of my daughter, all of them in last 3 months , I have earned a prospective consultant position
for Indian Embassy on improvements :D

sac-r-ten
06-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Airway bill is tracking number of any courier. one for sending one for your self addressed envelop with return tracking number postage paid.
You can use FEDEX or USPS, after so much of hassle I suggest you use Fedex.
also do not buy MO from USPS its expensive than a bank / walmart

After renewing my wife's passport , apply my son's PIO card , visa transfer of my daughter, all of them in last 3 months , I have earned a prospective consultant position
for Indian Embassy on improvements :D

Firstly, thanks Sanju_dba for your response.
So heres what the confusion is. The BLS Passport Order Form asks for Airway bills, so i need to just walk into a Fedex and pick up 2 Airway bill (i hope they won't charge for just picking up the bills) and come back to site and fill up the BLS Passport Orger Form, right?

So that the shipping label, which BLS mentions number of times in various instructions? its so confusing?

TheNewTiger
06-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Sac-r-ten:
I replied you on other post. For FedEx airbill#, you don't need to go physically.
You can create a free online FedEx account which will setup your credit card or bank account with it.
Then in shipping section of website, you can create your sendling label + return label. Both will have tracking number that will be your airbill number. While creating shipping label itself, with different options - like without signature required optiion, or signature required option at delivery time.....it will show you the cost also.

Once you have created this labels, you can print, and with your parcel ready, give it to any nearby fedex location. If you have return label, don't forget to include one extra return cover, in your cover which you send with your original passport and supporting docs.:)

Hopefully, this helps instead of you and Pappu sue poor BLS as already they lost their contract for PIO/OCI/Visa and other matters to a new provider.:D

sac-r-ten
06-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Sac-r-ten:
I replied you on other post. For FedEx airbill#, you don't need to go physically.
You can create a free online FedEx account which will setup your credit card or bank account with it.
Then in shipping section of website, you can create your sendling label + return label. Both will have tracking number that will be your airbill number. While creating shipping label itself, with different options - like without signature required optiion, or signature required option at delivery time.....it will show you the cost also.

Once you have created this labels, you can print, and with your parcel ready, give it to any nearby fedex location. If you have return label, don't forget to include one extra return cover, in your cover which you send with your original passport and supporting docs.:)

Hopefully, this helps instead of you and Pappu sue poor BLS as already they lost their contract for PIO/OCI/Visa and other matters to a new provider.:D

Really appreciate the detailed reply @NewTiger. thanks

sac-r-ten
07-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Got my spouse's passport renewed using the BLS service in just under 3 weeks. Thanks to all you folks for having a 'healthy' discussion here that help me achieve this great feat called as 'passport renewal from BLS'. lol.

cheers.

cpujar
02-04-2015, 06:38 AM
I have had a horrible experience with my passport renewal. My son's passport was sent on the 14th Jan & as per the UPS status was delivered on 15th Jan 10 am. Till date I have not been able to get a status on the BLS site. I have been calling the helpdesk everyday twice (after the long wait of 20 minutes at times & even they disconnecting the calls) I just get rolled over by various helpdesk guys to call back the next day. I even have a Ticket issued which promised me a reply within 24 hours...& it has been more than 4 days now.

The Escalations & direct emails to Washington passport offices also have no changes...I am now worried whether my passport is safe with them?

I had better experience in India when i got the passport in flat 3 weeks for my wife & son.

The helpdesk guys were also not courteous they even told me there is nothing to understand, if you want more details, just walk in to the Consulate yourself, but they did not provide me any other escalation mechanism. Horrible attitude & horrible english as well. Would be great if anyone has any other information on how to Escalate things other than the links provided on their website.

Thanks in advance

AceMan
02-04-2015, 09:55 AM
I have had a horrible experience with my passport renewal. My son's passport was sent on the 14th Jan & as per the UPS status was delivered on 15th Jan 10 am. Till date I have not been able to get a status on the BLS site. I have been calling the helpdesk everyday twice (after the long wait of 20 minutes at times & even they disconnecting the calls) I just get rolled over by various helpdesk guys to call back the next day. I even have a Ticket issued which promised me a reply within 24 hours...& it has been more than 4 days now.

The Escalations & direct emails to Washington passport offices also have no changes...I am now worried whether my passport is safe with them?

I had better experience in India when i got the passport in flat 3 weeks for my wife & son.

The helpdesk guys were also not courteous they even told me there is nothing to understand, if you want more details, just walk in to the Consulate yourself, but they did not provide me any other escalation mechanism. Horrible attitude & horrible english as well. Would be great if anyone has any other information on how to Escalate things other than the links provided on their website.

Thanks in advance

I had my spouses passport renewed last month. I also had to do the name splitting as her original passport had Given Name field blank and it resulted in FNU/No name in lot of US documents.

Agreed the check list is tedious and it takes at least one full day for consolidating documents/notarizing for the same. I had called the help desk too for some clarification, the wait time was about 20 minutes. However the service representative was courteous and helpful with the info I asked. I had taken a walk in appointment at NYC center and they were reasonably helpful to people who have missed some documents. I was told it will take about 2 weeks to receive the new passport, however it was ready after a week and we got the email stating that. The collection time was from 3-4 pm. I was in the office at 4:10 pm expecting them to shoo me away. However they got my spouses passport and was very courteous.

This was my personal experience.