PDA

View Full Version : September 2013 Visa Bulletin EB3India

ultimo
08-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Reasons for EB3 movements in SEP 2013 Visa bulletin happened because of a spillover.
The unused FB visa numbers from last year is also used this time. So the EB3 Visa numbers became 45,188 instead of 40,040 .

Also the EB1 demand has reduced in the last two months and very less demand for EB2 other Countries also.

Most probably EB2 India will retrogress back to a previous date in October 2013 visa bulletin. One of the main reason for this retrogression will be EB3 to EB2 porting . If the EB3 to EB2 porting is more than 300 USCIS will retrogress the date until the spillover is determined.

According to the Sep 2013 Visa bulletin there won't be any forward movement for EB2 or EB3 during the next couple of months.

Green_Always
08-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Those of you got a RFE recently from Texas SC must have got GC by now ??

Some of my friends have got it, just checking to get pulse of % of people who got it.. you can just reply to my post..

BharatPremi
08-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Those of you got a RFE recently from Texas SC must have got GC by now ??

Some of my friends have got it, just checking to get pulse of % of people who got it.. you can just reply to my post..

485 was based on EB3. Interfile/Porting request sent to USICS in November 2011. Nothing happened till 07/29/13. On 07/30/13 Got a RFE asking for continuous employment proof and current employment status. - USCIS received response on 08/19/13 - Got soft LUD - Now waiting.

Note: called USCIS 8 days back and came to know that EB2-based I -140 has already became teh base of my 485 now.

BharatPremi
08-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Here is most recent I-485 inventory.

manchala
08-21-2013, 01:51 PM
During the course of our journey, we all often come to a point where we have to make an important choice. This time, the choice is between standing up for ourselves, or, abetting the status quo by keeping quiet/not participating. Yes, this is the clear choice in front of you.

The threat of unresolved long backlogs is real. The danger of the House of Representatives not adequately fixing green card backlogs is grave. As much as we value our jobs, careers and the future of our families, we all know too well that long backlogs are the most significant threat to every opportunity that will come our way.

With such a clear choice, the question is - where do you stand? Please ask this question and listen to your heart. You can make a difference. We are all potentially capable of making that difference, but only if we make the right choice.

We ask you to come to Washington, DC to speak with lawmakers and tell them in over 350 meetings that we need more green cards. And although we would very much prefer for you to be to be there, however, if for some reason you are unable to make it, you can still express yourself with your contribution. Your contributions are a form of speech which will help us to assist other willing members to come to Washington, DC for participating in the most consequential advocacy event.

In case you are unable to make it, here is how you can stand-up for yourself:
Contribute to sponsor and assist another willing IV member to represent us at the meeting with Member of Congress
Donate airline miles / points

We look forward to seeing you on September 7 - 10.

Thank You,
Team IV Member

BharatPremi
08-23-2013, 07:48 AM
485 was based on EB3. Interfile/Porting request sent to USICS in November 2011. Nothing happened till 07/29/13. On 07/30/13 Got a RFE asking for continuous employment proof and current employment status. - USCIS received response on 08/19/13 - Got soft LUD - Now waiting.

Note: called USCIS 8 days back and came to know that EB2-based I -140 has already became teh base of my 485 now.

I got a soft LUD today which is as under.

your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed.

I have asked my lawyer to extract the meaning out of it. Obviously my or lawyer's addresses never have been changed. Let's see what happens now...

nkv627
08-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Same here... put in Initial Review and indicates address changed as of August 13, 2013.

Well, we did change the address a couple of years back. But then we had some RFE on continuous H1/H4 status. Responded to that and then the status changed to RFE Response Under Review.

Recently got a RFE again on the AC21 in late June this year. Status changed to RFE Issued. After response it's Initial Review with the address change -- not sure what it really means this time.

pappu
08-23-2013, 01:07 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/3095503-next-steps-when-pd-is-current.html#post3576378

Wrote a post for those that are current

BharatPremi
08-23-2013, 02:33 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/3095503-next-steps-when-pd-is-current.html#post3576378

Thanks.

BharatPremi
08-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Today - 08/26/13 - just 10 minutes back - 1:53 PM EST I received "Card/Document Production" Text for all of our 485. Now it looks like my journey is ending. :-)

Thanks.

your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed.

I have asked my lawyer to extract the meaning out of it. Obviously my or lawyer's addresses never have been changed. Let's see what happens now...

BharatPremi
08-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Today - 08/26/13 - just 10 minutes back - 1:53 PM EST I received "Card/Document Production" Text for all of our 485. Now it looks like my journey is ending. :-)

Thanks.

krishmunn
08-26-2013, 02:10 PM

Thanks.

How do you get the Soft LUD? I have auto alert set for my 485 and all I get is when they actually do soemthing (like issue RFE, receive RFE etc.)

krishmunn
08-26-2013, 02:12 PM
I understand that the general advice is not to raise SR, InfoPass, Help from Senator etc. when the date is current but just stay put. However, does that advice hold good when the RFE Review is pending for over 30 days ? My RFE response have been pending for 40 days now and date is becoming current as of Sept 1. What is the best course of action ?

BharatPremi
08-26-2013, 02:47 PM
How do you get the Soft LUD? I have auto alert set for my 485 and all I get is when they actually do soemthing (like issue RFE, receive RFE etc.)

Through "text" to cell phone and email update. Please follow my all recent posts in some past days in this thread.

I got following text and email just minute ago for all 485s (Me and family).

Decision

On August 26, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. :):cool:

Bharam
08-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Congrats BharatPremi.

Wish you good luck.

Waiting to see if I will make it this month with my Aug 2003 PD.

Thanks

BharatPremi
08-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Congrats BharatPremi.

Wish you good luck.

Waiting to see if I will make it this month with my Aug 2003 PD.

Thanks

Thanks. Best luck to you as well.

pkamthekar
08-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Bharam,

What is your PD day in Aug 2003 ?
Mine is Aug 4.

We should keep track of each other's app to know when we get approved :)

rajuseattle
08-26-2013, 11:02 PM

Commend your post, but some of statements made by Teddy in his analysis are causing the panick and will create the impression that USCIS system doesn not work in order and do not follow RD/PD logic while approving cases in ramdom during Sept, which is the last month of FY.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- All EB3-I folks who have become current now wish you all the best, I hope everyone gets approved but in reality Sep will likely be a month of random approvals which may truly not follow any order. USCIS approval process is not a single thread batch process however a multi thread user intensive process. From what it appears that even though a case maybe in the so called pre-adjudicated state still the officers give it one final look before approval. So all theories about RD/ND/RD are just statistics its simply your luck now. There is high likelihood of the numbers getting finished before the September month end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I totally disagree with his statement and please do not post such statements that USCIS will approve cases at random during Sept 2013.

TeddyKoochu
08-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Commend your post, but some of statements made by Teddy in his analysis are causing the panick and will create the impression that USCIS system doesn not work in order and do not follow RD/PD logic while approving cases in ramdom during Sept, which is the last month of FY.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- All EB3-I folks who have become current now wish you all the best, I hope everyone gets approved but in reality Sep will likely be a month of random approvals which may truly not follow any order. USCIS approval process is not a single thread batch process however a multi thread user intensive process. From what it appears that even though a case maybe in the so called pre-adjudicated state still the officers give it one final look before approval. So all theories about RD/ND/RD are just statistics its simply your luck now. There is high likelihood of the numbers getting finished before the September month end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I totally disagree with his statement and please do not post such statements that USCIS will approve cases at random during Sept 2013.

Raju disagreements are always welcome. What I mean is that USCIS handles a very large volume of cases and it is impossible to approve cases in any order when there are hundreds of officers working in individual cases of varying complexity. So following any order even if genuinely intended is simply impossible.

Also if you observe for the last couple of year’s numbers have always been exhausted early in September and if you notice dates have been generously extended for all categories with the idea to use up every available number. So it is highly likely that numbers get exhausted and some people get approved and some do not, so it is important to have realistic expectations. I do certainly wish that everyone gets approved.

rajuseattle
08-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Raju disagreements are always welcome. What I mean is that USCIS handles a very large volume of cases and it is impossible to approve cases in any order when there are hundreds of officers working in individual cases of varying complexity. So following any order even if genuinely intended is simply impossible.

Also if you observe for the last couple of year’s numbers have always been exhausted early in September and if you notice dates have been generously extended for all categories with the idea to use up every available number. So it is highly likely that numbers get exhausted and some people get approved and some do not, so it is important to have realistic expectations. I do certainly wish that everyone gets approved.

I agree USCIS is dealing with large data, but they do have to follow PD order for approvals.

As such people are running from pillar to Post and when a expert like u claims that USCIS might approve cases in random they go into panick mode and clog USCIS customer support, infoPass and congressional intervention routes for the folks who genuinely need those.

what imeant to say here is "Pappu" is advising not to do bother USCIS, and your statement creates the impression as if USCIS system doesnt work in order and people go into panick mode. This is contradictory to what IV leader is trying to encourage people not botheriung USCIS and let the agency do its Job. I have seen only once during July/Aug 2007 USCIS approvals were random and out of any processing order. But now its 2013, USCIS systems and processes vastly improved in last 6 years and i do not see any repeat of 2007. We are talking merely about 5K additional cases for USCIS to be aproved for the entire EB-3. Rest of the quota remains same.

TeddyKoochu
08-27-2013, 05:11 PM
I agree USCIS is dealing with large data, but they do have to follow PD order for approvals.

As such people are running from pillar to Post and when a expert like u claims that USCIS might approve cases in random they go into panick mode and clog USCIS customer support, infoPass and congressional intervention routes for the folks who genuinely need those.

what imeant to say here is "Pappu" is advising not to do bother USCIS, and your statement creates the impression as if USCIS system doesnt work in order and people go into panick mode. This is contradictory to what IV leader is trying to encourage people not botheriung USCIS and let the agency do its Job. I have seen only once during July/Aug 2007 USCIS approvals were random and out of any processing order. But now its 2013, USCIS systems and processes vastly improved in last 6 years and i do not see any repeat of 2007. We are talking merely about 5K additional cases for USCIS to be aproved for the entire EB-3. Rest of the quota remains same.

Iam also an ordinary guy like you who has gone through the same grind, what individuals need to do should be left best to their judgment Iam in no way suggesting that they contact USCIS just want people to have realistic expectations, being current is no guarantee for approval especially when the date movement is geared to finish the numbers and not fall short of eligible candidates. So definitely some will get approved and some will have to wait we would know the proportion only in September. Since you mention 5k this is definitely well beyond EB3-I annual cap itself we have had more than 3K approvals already by the inventory, my personal take is that these numbers are out of EB3 ROW the date movement there did not generate applications quickly enough. So the EB3 ROW spillover will truly determine how many EB3-I cases get approved.

I definitely agree that randomness has decreased after 2007 and we have come a long way forward, however even you look at Feb - Mar 2012 approvals happened pretty much left and right without any regard to PD /RD/ ND as a large window was current. People as late as Dec 2012 were approved and many unlucky folks with mid 2007 Pd’s had to wait full 1.5 years. Randomness is bound to happen as its several officers approving cases and every case has a different level of complexity it would be less if the date movement is more gradual or spread over 12 months there are other logistical issues with that as retrogressed countries are spillover dependent which can greatly vary.

imh1b
08-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Bharam,

What is your PD day in Aug 2003 ?
Mine is Aug 4.

We should keep track of each other's app to know when we get approved :)

You did not read pappu's post about tracking.

imh1b
08-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Iam also an ordinary guy like you who has gone through the same grind, what individuals need to do should be left best to their judgment Iam in no way suggesting that they contact USCIS just want people to have realistic expectations, being current is no guarantee for approval especially when the date movement is geared to finish the numbers and not fall short of eligible candidates. So definitely some will get approved and some will have to wait we would know the proportion only in September. Since you mention 5k this is definitely well beyond EB3-I annual cap itself we have had more than 3K approvals already by the inventory, my personal take is that these numbers are out of EB3 ROW the date movement there did not generate applications quickly enough. So the EB3 ROW spillover will truly determine how many EB3-I cases get approved.

I definitely agree that randomness has decreased after 2007 and we have come a long way forward, however even you look at Feb - Mar 2012 approvals happened pretty much left and right without any regard to PD /RD/ ND as a large window was current. People as late as Dec 2012 were approved and many unlucky folks with mid 2007 Pd’s had to wait full 1.5 years. Randomness is bound to happen as its several officers approving cases and every case has a different level of complexity it would be less if the date movement is more gradual or spread over 12 months there are other logistical issues with that as retrogressed countries are spillover dependent which can greatly vary.

The randomness is not really decreased after 2007. It is the same. A that time it looked more random because dates used to go back and forth in bulletin and people had not filed I485. In 2007 people have filed AOS and they are all pre judged. So it appears to be approval in some sort of order. But it is not and will never be since it is impossible in a manual process.

rajuseattle
08-27-2013, 10:47 PM
EB-2 india approval seems random but in reality it is not, bcos many folks with older EB-3 PDs ported out to EB-2 and their new I140 approvals started coming in 2011 and 2012 bcos of delays in perm and audits in some instances, so it seems like filed in 2012 but the original India EB3 PD may have been from year 2004 or 2005.

I still believe in USCIS's claim that they have been following PDs while approving.

Very few cases got stuck in the background checks, but those are mainly the fraud and shady Employers who abused Labor Sub, EB1C and EB3 to EB2 porting, majority of the straight forward EB2 india cases are being approved with PD order.

Anyways EB3 india approvals in Sept 2013 will prove my claim, i am tracking all EB3 india approvals coming in Sept 2013. I will share my findings with you all. IF I see random approvals in the EB3 queue where USICS do have a huge pending inventory then something is grossly wrong at USCIS.

reddymjm
08-27-2013, 11:34 PM
I think so too. 98% FIFO.

django1
08-30-2013, 06:56 AM
Hi Folks,

slightly off topic, but I am planning to self-file my wife's I485. Does anyone here know where this should be filed for NJ residents? per the (somewhat confusing) instructions at
USCIS - Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a 1RCRD&vgnextoid=eb7b5cdc2c463110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD )

I am thinking it should be the Dallas Lockbox (Per my reading of the instuctions). could someone confirm?

thanks

reddymjm
08-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Hi Folks,

slightly off topic, but I am planning to self-file my wife's I485. Does anyone here know where this should be filed for NJ residents? per the (somewhat confusing) instructions at
USCIS - Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a 1RCRD&vgnextoid=eb7b5cdc2c463110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD )

I am thinking it should be the Dallas Lockbox (Per my reading of the instuctions). could someone confirm?

thanks
Where is ur 140 approval from? My attorney said it should go to the same center as your 140.

django1
08-31-2013, 12:33 AM
hmm... my I140 as well as I485 are from nebraska but there is nothing that indicates that the 485 for my wife should be filed to nebraska. guess ill just file in texas

jhegde
08-31-2013, 10:49 AM
hmm... my I140 as well as I485 are from nebraska but there is nothing that indicates that the 485 for my wife should be filed to nebraska. guess ill just file in texas

You can file with any service center. Ultimately it will be transferred to the service center where your I-140 was approved. This may delay the processing though.