PDA

View Full Version : I-140 approved,pd became current in sep

infinitiny
08-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Dear Friends,

I have I-140 approved from my old company and my PD became current in next month.
I don't work for my old company anymore and have new company willing to sponsor my case.
My understanding is I can keep my PD even if I have to start all over again with new company.... Then,Here are my questions..

1.Is anyone know how long it will takes to submit I-485 application with my new company?
2.Am I eligible legally start to working as soon as new company submit all the paper to USCIS?
3.Just moved from CA to TX and looking for reliable and honest lawyers in Katy or Houston.
any recommendation?

Any answers or idea would be highly appreciated.

Good Luck to all...

katta
08-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Take some time to update your bio info ie PD changeability etc and expect to receive a good answers.

yes you can retain old PD. In fact if your old employer has not revoked your I140 he can file I485 but you have to work for him after getting GC for at least a year.

2months recruitment process
1month for attorney and your company to prepare paper work.
6 months for PERM without audit. 1yr with audit
2 weeks for I140 approval under premium process.
file I485 if PD is current
In the best case you are looking at 9 months process to file I485.

2. what paperwork h1b , L1 or I140 ?? if you are currently on h1b, yes upon receiving the receipt of h1b filing from USCIS.

3. Generally your company will retain an immigration attorney.

infinitiny
08-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Take some time to update your bio info ie PD changeability etc and expect to receive a good answers.

yes you can retain old PD. In fact if your old employer has not revoked your I140 he can file I485 but you have to work for him after getting GC for at least a year.

2months recruitment process
1month for attorney and your company to prepare paper work.
6 months for PERM without audit. 1yr with audit
2 weeks for I140 approval under premium process.
file I485 if PD is current
In the best case you are looking at 9 months process to file I485.

2. what paperwork h1b , L1 or I140 ?? if you are currently on h1b, yes upon receiving the receipt of h1b filing from USCIS.

3. Generally your company will retain an immigration attorney.

Hello Katta,

Thanks for the advise and well noted.
I don't think I can go back to my old employer to file I485.. It's kind of long story..
I have a new employer (big sized firm) who's willing to sponsor me.
What I heard that I have to start again from the beginning(PERM, etc..) with new company.
And, I get to keep my PD. So, I can't wait another 2yrs to become my PD current..

Thanks,

infinitiny
08-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Hello Katta,

Thanks for the advise and well noted.
I don't think I can go back to my old employer to file I485.. It's kind of long story..
I have a new employer (big sized firm) who's willing to sponsor me.
What I heard that I have to start again from the beginning(PERM, etc..) with new company.
And, I get to keep my PD. So, I don't have to wait another 2yrs to become my PD current..

Thanks,

My quote has been revised

katta
08-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Yes you have to start all over again but you can retain your old PD from any of EB category.