PDA

View Full Version : Planning to travel in the 1st week of Oct, while 485 dates are current

Sushmakirannvn
08-15-2013, 11:23 AM
485 dates for us are current as of now, I need to travel to India in 1st week of October, we are expecting to get our GC in the month of September 2013, I have my AP approved, will it be a problem if I leave US while my GC gets approved when I am in India.

My husband will still be in US, its only me, who needs to go to India, can I re-enter on my AP, or do I need to GC card?

Please help me out here.

Thank you,

vegasbaby
08-15-2013, 02:42 PM
485 dates for us are current as of now, I need to travel to India in 1st week of October, we are expecting to get our GC in the month of September 2013, I have my AP approved, will it be a problem if I leave US while my GC gets approved when I am in India.

My husband will still be in US, its only me, who needs to go to India, can I re-enter on my AP, or do I need to GC card?

Please help me out here.

Thank you,

Shouldn't be an issue..Even if your GC does come thru (and its strong not advised to do so), your husband can always mail you your GC..

virat
08-15-2013, 02:46 PM
You don't need to worry. I have friends who traveled on H1 (not even AP) and entered country without problem. Their GC was approved while they were out of country. At the port of entry, the officer told them that 'do you know you are a permanent resident now?', and stamped the passport accordingly. So no worries. Worst case if you really want to be safe, then your hubby can always mail you your GC as suggested by vegasbaby.

Sushmakirannvn
08-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Thank you for responding to my query quickly!