PDA

View Full Version : switching jobs while I485 pending & different job description

vs_vasan
07-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi,

I am with a large IT Services company for over 13yrs. In 2003 my Labor was filed and at that time I was playing a project team lead role and so, the job description in my Labor petition was had all the technical/software skills relevant for my role.

But now it's been 10yrs since my GC was filed, and my I485 is pending. I am with the same company. But my role & job description is now pretty different. I have move to HR/Training department and I am playing a function head role. My company is not willing to file EB2 or port to EB2.

So, given this situation, even if I switch jobs & employer, my job description will be different than the one that was in Labor.

For my situation, can I switch jobs & employer, even though the job description will be quite different. Is there a risk?

imh1b
07-29-2013, 04:47 PM
You can switch jobs. No problem. But you cannot use your old application for new job if job description is different. Likewise even in your current job, technically you need to be in the same job description through the entire wait time/until you get greencard. It sucks big time. But USCIS will see progressive rise in job favorably. Different people will tell you differently but you be educated.