PDA

View Full Version : Re-issue my passport on Tatkal

superking
07-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Please help me to re-issue my passport on Tatkal.

My Indian passport is expiring few weeks, I have planned to go to India and I am having Advance Parole for travel. Due to not having 3 months of validity of passport, I cannot get the transit visa for German.

And if I need to get a passport on Tatkal , seems to be that only for emergency.
What all are the category that Indian embassy will consider as emergency, Please share your experience.

Thanks in Advance for information.

superking
07-24-2013, 02:55 PM
hlep please

kprgroup
07-24-2013, 03:19 PM
If you go by lufthansa...you don't need a transit visa............

superking
07-24-2013, 03:48 PM
I called the German Consulate of Atlanta and I have talk to the visa officer, he said that I need a transit visa if I am going with Advance Parole.

superking
07-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Please share your experience and information.

saketkapur
07-25-2013, 08:38 AM
These things take time so you need to be better prepared. If you really have to fly then cancel this ticket and fly KLM, emirates or Cathay. The cancellation and rebooking might land up costing same as applying for transit visa in hurry still with no guarantees that you will get it in time.

I am not sure about the German embassy timings but British consulate takes about a month on avg to issue the same. Plus you have to factor in getting docs ready and mailing time etc....and once you send in your passport there is no way you can change your mind later.

Above is just my advice.

tamil12
07-25-2013, 05:18 PM
No Transit Visa needed. My friend went june 24 from atlanta via Lufthansa and returned last week

superking
07-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Did he travel by Advance Parole?