PDA

View Full Version : 2013 August Bulletin Out!

The WalL
07-09-2013, 10:41 PM
And indeed, EB2-I has moved all the way to 1-JAN-2008

Visa Bulletin For August 2013 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6028.html)

Edison99
07-10-2013, 12:04 PM
And indeed, EB2-I has moved all the way to 1-JAN-2008

Visa Bulletin For August 2013 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6028.html)
Good for EB2 folks!

gcbikari
07-10-2013, 12:06 PM
EB3I no movement!

abhi_2753
07-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Is there any hope for EB3I other than porting to EB2? :mad:

Chandini
07-10-2013, 12:56 PM
EB3 I :mad:

eastindia
07-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Is there any hope for EB3I other than porting to EB2? :mad:

Majority of EB3I can port. Most of them are qualified for EB2 but they are willingly doing EB3 jobs that require less than 5 year experience or no experience and just undergraduate degree. They need to know that they are overqualified for the job they are doing and should be looking around for better jobs that match their qualifications.

It does not matter if you are in top company or big reputed company that will not do EB2 for you. It is a wrong way of looking at things. They will not do EB2 for you because they are following the law and are not willing to break it.

Even if some EB3 do not have Masters degree all they need to do is change job and use previous 5+ years experience in the new job application.

The problem is willingness to change the job and finding such jobs. Many people are not willing to take risks. Those that are willing to take risks are not willing to move to other cities where they can get jobs. Some are just not willing to spend time looking for jobs that qualifies for EB2. It is not that hard believe me. Just look at job ads that ask you to be masters degree or 5+ years experience. Most research jobs and academics jobs are EB2 jobs. You need to apply for those instead of applying for jobs you are overqualified for and then blame your lawyer for applying in EB3 for you. That is not correct.

aznj123
07-10-2013, 02:27 PM
EB3I is suffering only because of this BS Stupid org (IV) supported the spillover law change
(EB3 to EB2)

Flyingcrow
07-10-2013, 03:26 PM
EB3I is suffering only because of this BS Stupid org (IV) supported the spillover law change
(EB3 to EB2)

What Bullshit are you talking? There are no EB3 to EB2 spillover. The spillover is coming down from unused family visa numbers. Eb3 is suffering because it is oversubscribed just like Eb2 is now. Spill over from Eb5 and Eb1 comes down to EB2 first, and then Eb3. Get your facts right.

aznj123
07-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Visa Spillover Rules Simplified

This is how it was till 2008 (before the admin change)
EB4 unused ==> EB1 worldwide
EB5 unused ==> EB1 worldwide
EB1 worldwide unused ==> EB1 retrogressed countries ==> EB2 worldwide & EB3 worldwide
EB3 worldwide ==> EB3 worldwide unused ==> EB3 retrogressed countries
EB2 worldwide ==> EB2 worldwide unused ==> EB2 retrogressed countries

Earlier it would spill over to both EB2 and EB3 and these categories will consume the visas equally in the last model.

This is how it is AFTER 2009 (after the admin change 2008)
EB1 worldwide unused ==> EB1 retrogressed countries ==> EB2 worldwide
EB2 worldwide unused ==> EB2 retrogressed countries ==> EB3 worldwide
EB3 worldwide unused ==> EB3 retrogressed countries

Now EB3 gets the numbers only after EB2, not from EB1. EB2 is backlogged so there is
no way EB3 dates will move forward.

BZA
07-10-2013, 04:09 PM
why are you worrying? Any way most of the numbers are used by EB3 who port to EB2.

sanju_dba
07-10-2013, 04:12 PM
What Bullshit are you talking? There are no EB3 to EB2 spillover. The spillover is coming down from unused family visa numbers. Eb3 is suffering because it is oversubscribed just like Eb2 is now. Spill over from Eb5 and Eb1 comes down to EB2 first, and then Eb3. Get your facts right.

I think aznj123 meant , when USCIS changed its interpretation and started trickling model ( ie from EB1-> EB2+EB3 to EB1->EB2->EB3 ) the EB3 lost its crippled legs, had IV protested at that time (3-4years ago ?) then eb3 could have swim to the shores.

imh1b
07-10-2013, 04:17 PM

EB1 worldwide unused ==> EB1 retrogressed countries ==> EB2 worldwide & EB3 worldwide

Earlier it would spill over to both EB2 and EB3 and these categories will consume the visas equally in the last model.

Now EB3 gets the numbers only after EB2, not from EB1. EB2 is backlogged so there is

You are very wrong Mr. You conveniently left out India country from your post. You are either ROW or brainwashed by those idiots on other forums who do not want any bill passed for us.

The new spillover rule is to help INDIA, the most retrogressed country. The old rule helped ROW, the least retrogressed.

Even if we revert back to old system EB3 INDIANS will get ZERO spillover visas. ROW will eat all spillovers.

You need to get your facts straight. Get any number cruncher calculate for you and you will see the real picture.

Flyingcrow
07-10-2013, 04:23 PM

Yes I agree with this, but look at your original post. It says spillover (EB3 to EB2).

And it appears like it was a common-sense change! Anyway, all the numbers are being used by folks porting from Eb3, as somebody pointed above. EB2 dates are not moving any faster because of the porting, if EB2 can move further at increased rate, without all the porting, EB2 might have been current, and all the spillover would be to EB3.

Basically, we are all screwed for a long time, unless the legislation changes.

Flyingcrow
07-10-2013, 04:26 PM
And with that point (from imh1b) , you (aznj123) seem to be fatally wrong!

aznj123
07-10-2013, 04:37 PM
EB3 retrogressed countries means India,
so first it will go to India (still in 2003), Philippines (2006), China (2009), Mexico (2009) and THEN ROW(2009)

imh1b
07-10-2013, 04:43 PM
EB3 retrogressed countries means India,
so first it will go to India (still in 2003), Philippines (2006), China (2009), Mexico (2009) and THEN ROW(2009)

You are creating a new rule yourself without knowing details. You are just getting brainwashed by racist folks and posting. At no time in the past the spillover ever went to EB3 India first. It always went to EB3 ROW first. Do you want to give benefit ROW or Indians? ROW can get greencard in a few years and Indians in EB3 will have to wait decades now. Unless you are a ROW I see no reason why you want to help ROW.

reddymjm
07-10-2013, 06:11 PM
F***ing USCIS predicted 3 weeks movement for EB3I in the last Bulletin and contradicted themselves in this bulletin. Anyone trying to find the F***ing reason?

No point crying about the rule change now. What were you all doing when they changed their interpretation.

Port to EB2 or Just shut it and wait.

reddymjm
07-10-2013, 06:17 PM
This is the result of every one who asked/protested for the JULY 2007 Bulletin reversal. I don't think USCIS had such a backlog before in history.

spaceguy
07-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Majority of EB3I can port. Most of them are qualified for EB2 but they are willingly doing EB3 jobs that require less than 5 year experience or no experience and just undergraduate degree. They need to know that they are overqualified for the job they are doing and should be looking around for better jobs that match their qualifications.

It does not matter if you are in top company or big reputed company that will not do EB2 for you. It is a wrong way of looking at things. They will not do EB2 for you because they are following the law and are not willing to break it.

Even if some EB3 do not have Masters degree all they need to do is change job and use previous 5+ years experience in the new job application.

The problem is willingness to change the job and finding such jobs. Many people are not willing to take risks. Those that are willing to take risks are not willing to move to other cities where they can get jobs. Some are just not willing to spend time looking for jobs that qualifies for EB2. It is not that hard believe me. Just look at job ads that ask you to be masters degree or 5+ years experience. Most research jobs and academics jobs are EB2 jobs. You need to apply for those instead of applying for jobs you are overqualified for and then blame your lawyer for applying in EB3 for you. That is not correct.

So you say problem is with EB3 guys but not the visa bulletin .
As you advised everybody port to EB2, then what happens ? Eb2 backlogs. Do you advise everybody to port to EB1. It is simple.Go to college and get a Ph.D and apply for jobs looking for Ph.D . Is that so simple.

Do you know there are many people other than IT who are also in Eb3 category . Do you know many pharmacist applied in Eb3 as job requires a bachelor degree (B.Pharm). What do you advise them

it is better stop giving lectures or fighting Eb2/Eb3 ,concentrate on IV action items and fight together

eastindia
07-11-2013, 07:17 AM
So you say problem is with EB3 guys but not the visa bulletin .
As you advised everybody port to EB2, then what happens ? Eb2 backlogs. Do you advise everybody to port to EB1. It is simple.Go to college and get a Ph.D and apply for jobs looking for Ph.D . Is that so simple.

Do you know there are many people other than IT who are also in Eb3 category . Do you know many pharmacist applied in Eb3 as job requires a bachelor degree (B.Pharm). What do you advise them

it is better stop giving lectures or fighting Eb2/Eb3 ,concentrate on IV action items and fight together

You are worried about EB2 backlogs now even before more EB3 guys who are whining are porting yet.

I agree with you. EB2 guys who think they are super smart should port to EB1. We see many claiming to be super smart guys in EB2 whenever there is a fight between EB2 and EB3:)

The whole EB123 system is created to bring in best and brightest guys first. Why do people not get it? They are stuck with their own bloated egos and claiming that they pay taxes and so they should get green card. It is a very bad argument .

Employment based greencard is based on proving that you are the best and brightest and employer needs you badly. Each person now has to prove their worth by finding such jobs that value their worth.

I would say doing PhD is not a bad idea. By investing 5 years you can get get greencard. Compare it with staying frustrated for 70 years waiting for greencard in EB3. If someone is desperate they will do whatever it takes to get to the next level and prove that they are best and the brightest.

If pharmacist job requires them to be undergraduate then they have to stay in EB3 as per law. But they can easily jump to EB2 if they want. Get a masters degree and find a research job in pharma agency that is EB2. There is no gain without any effort. One cannot have the cake and eat it too. If they are desperate they can do PhD in pharma and get a scientist job in pharma companies. There are tons of such companies and getting job is not so hard. They are in demand.

Effort is important. See you and I made effort to go to college after our high school. What if we only did high school? We would not be able to dream of USA or had applied in low skill worker category as a cook or janitor. What we have now is better than that. What is stopping us to better our current status?

eastindia
07-11-2013, 07:23 AM
This is the result of every one who asked/protested for the JULY 2007 Bulletin reversal. I don't think USCIS had such a backlog before in history.

Many people got EAD because of that. That us a huge benefit. Do not just think selfishly. It did a huge favor to lakhs of people and was the best thing to have happened. Ask today those who do not have EAD if they want a repeat of 2007. Everyone will say yes.

cwan
07-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Let us not have eastindia detract from the point tht was being argued. that was wether the spillover rule change (advocated by someone) and the so-called demand pipeline building caused EB3 (again advocated by someone )to get even more backlogged than what they would have been otherwise. the whole idea of priority dates is that they should reflect demand . the idea of a secondary demand pipeline that has to be invoked at approximately the same time twice in two years brings into question wether this is genuinely an attempt to clear up an aberration (caused by inefficiency in utilizing visa numbers) or a new unannounced change in adminstrative procedure that is being put in place.

Its very easy to say - 'just port'. kinda like marie antoinette saying 'let them eat cake'.
It just shows your apathy towards the issue.

Do you even know how long the PERM approval is taking these days? the audit and denial rates?

PERM without audit is taking 5-6 months, with audit another 6-7 months. Audit percentage is 40%. Denial percentage is 21%. taking into account that that most employers wont sponsor a GC as soon as one joins, one is looking at approximately 1.5 years wait to get back to an I-140 approved stage. This obviously brings into question what exactly IV is doing for the EB3's. Its very easy to ask for donations but to date, the only productive actions of IV have helped EB2's. Obviously since they claim that they are better qualified and better and brighter, I guess they will be doing the donations and action items from now.

and before you ask, I have done more than my share of both donations and action items and meetings with lawmakers.

Flyingcrow
07-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Fine...lets keep it that you are correct. Still, the reason behind the change in the policy is right in my opinion. From Eb4 and EB5 goes first to Eb1 why? and not to Eb2 as well as Eb3? It because whether you like it or not, Eb1 is higher profile applications (whether genuine or not is an altogether different argument), likewise Eb2 tier false next, and then Eb3. If both Eb2 and Eb3 can parallely at the same time, what is the whole point in have these two tiers? The advantage of applying in Eb2 is to get it faster than Eb3. Ofcourse if there are not enough folks, its going to be current. As well think of another scenario where almost everyone who applies is eligible for EB2, and the line grows long enough. But there are not enough applicants in Eb3, so who ever applies gets it asap. So what would eventually do, they will quickly apply in Eb3, and eat up the numbers. The problem lies elsewhere, the indeterminate waiting time is cruel, anybody who waits for 5 yrs or X yrs, should be treated differently in whatever category they apply, else it is simply not a effective system. Else they should close down counter and not accept any further applications, until the backlog is cleared. Nope they keep the people's hope of getting the gc high, and allow people to be jacked by the system. If alone, they close the shutters, most of the folks would have happily left for other greener pastures or back to their country. But US deliberately keeps all these people in limbo for decades. Because it helps the companies have bonded slaves.

Flyingcrow
07-11-2013, 10:30 AM
I know, i have not tried to make any specific point. Ignore it as a rant of a restless mind!!!

abhi_2753
07-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Let us not have eastindia detract from the point tht was being argued. that was wether the spillover rule change (advocated by someone) and the so-called demand pipeline building caused EB3 (again advocated by someone )to get even more backlogged than what they would have been otherwise. the whole idea of priority dates is that they should reflect demand . the idea of a secondary demand pipeline that has to be invoked at approximately the same time twice in two years brings into question wether this is genuinely an attempt to clear up an aberration (caused by inefficiency in utilizing visa numbers) or a new unannounced change in adminstrative procedure that is being put in place.

Its very easy to say - 'just port'. kinda like marie antoinette saying 'let them eat cake'.
It just shows your apathy towards the issue.

Do you even know how long the PERM approval is taking these days? the audit and denial rates?

PERM without audit is taking 5-6 months, with audit another 6-7 months. Audit percentage is 40%. Denial percentage is 21%. taking into account that that most employers wont sponsor a GC as soon as one joins, one is looking at approximately 1.5 years wait to get back to an I-140 approved stage. This obviously brings into question what exactly IV is doing for the EB3's. Its very easy to ask for donations but to date, the only productive actions of IV have helped EB2's. Obviously since they claim that they are better qualified and better and brighter, I guess they will be doing the donations and action items from now.

and before you ask, I have done more than my share of both donations and action items and meetings with lawmakers.

I agree with cwan,
eastindia - Stop Criticizing EB3 folks, not sure why people are showing supremacy and lecturing others without realizing facts.

BZA
07-11-2013, 11:22 AM
I agree with cwan,
eastindia - Stop Criticizing EB3 folks, not sure why people are showing supremacy and lecturing others without realizing facts.

They are not criticizing. You are jumping up and down.

sanju_dba
07-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Fine...lets keep it that you are correct. Still, the reason behind the change in the policy is right in my opinion. From Eb4 and EB5 goes first to Eb1 why? and not to Eb2 as well as Eb3? It because whether you like it or not, Eb1 is higher profile applications (whether genuine or not is an altogether different argument), likewise Eb2 tier false next, and then Eb3. If both Eb2 and Eb3 can parallely at the same time, what is the whole point in have these two tiers? The advantage of applying in Eb2 is to get it faster than Eb3. Ofcourse if there are not enough folks, its going to be current. As well think of another scenario where almost everyone who applies is eligible for EB2, and the line grows long enough. But there are not enough applicants in Eb3, so who ever applies gets it asap. So what would eventually do, they will quickly apply in Eb3, and eat up the numbers. The problem lies elsewhere, the indeterminate waiting time is cruel, anybody who waits for 5 yrs or X yrs, should be treated differently in whatever category they apply, else it is simply not a effective system. Else they should close down counter and not accept any further applications, until the backlog is cleared. Nope they keep the people's hope of getting the gc high, and allow people to be jacked by the system. If alone, they close the shutters, most of the folks would have happily left for other greener pastures or back to their country. But US deliberately keeps all these people in limbo for decades. Because it helps the companies have bonded slaves.
Look from Policy makers perspective, EB1,2,3 all are labors. They want you and me to work and leave. Categories are made with EQUAL quota , EB categories are done to classify the role subject to market demand, if you surplus PhD and handful of nurse, nurse will override PhD in queue. Its not about how smart you are its about what can do when asked. Fly up 30K feet and look down, do not look up from the well.

imh1b
07-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Look from Policy makers perspective, EB1,2,3 all are labors. They want you and me to work and leave. Categories are made with EQUAL quota , EB categories are done to classify the role subject to market demand, if you surplus PhD and handful of nurse, nurse will override PhD in queue. Its not about how smart you are its about what can do when asked. Fly up 30K feet and look down, do not look up from the well.

You are wrong there.
Existing US law does not say that. It also does not distinguish based on profession. There is no separate line for Engineers, doctors, chemists, pharmacists etc. The line is based on qualifications of education matching job requirement. The more you are educated the better job you are eligible to get and that better job means better category.

If we were Doctorates or Nobel prize winners we would not be rotting in EB3.

I think Canadian and Australian law is close to what you are saying. So a plumber in India has a better chance of immigrating to Australia than an engineer from India because green card is based on demand for that specific skill.

sanju_dba
07-11-2013, 03:34 PM
You are wrong there.
Existing US law does not say that. It also does not distinguish based on profession. There is no separate line for Engineers, doctors, chemists, pharmacists etc. The line is based on qualifications of education matching job requirement. The more you are educated the better job you are eligible to get and that better job means better category.

If we were Doctorates or Nobel prize winners we would not be rotting in EB3.

I think Canadian and Australian law is close to what you are saying. So a plumber in India has a better chance of immigrating to Australia than an engineer from India because green card is based on demand for that specific skill.

Open your eyes my friend, look to the various categories the Labor department has laid down for you, the department will see in you 2 ways, what code and educational qualification to compliment. A high school grad can still be in a EB1 category with experience and his profession. see the guidelines for EB1 category and labor codes in Labor website

imh1b
07-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Open your eyes my friend, look to the various categories the Labor department has laid down for you, the department will see in you 2 ways, what code and educational qualification to compliment. A high school grad can still be in a EB1 category with experience and his profession. see the guidelines for EB1 category and labor codes in Labor website

Can you answer how a high school graduate can file in EB3 or EB2?

EB1 is different because it is for Olympic gold medalists, Oscar award winners who have never gone to school or super talented scientists.

cwan
07-11-2013, 05:03 PM
I know at least one Ph.d who was filed as EB3 as they couldnt justify that it needed his advnced skills.

There are not that many jobs for phd's and they often end up with 'EB3' jobs that pay better than the research job a ph.d would get. no offence meant to researchers

even for EB2, many of the job postings these days ask for only bachelors degree. How many jobs, especially in the IT field can you say you are using your masters skills in ... its not lie you are writing a complier or finite state automaton every day. most of the time you are writitng just the samecode that an EB3 guy is doing. in many cases, its just the luck of the dice.

ryaneerz
07-12-2013, 09:45 AM
I just hope I can wrap up my Masters and then land a job that requires EB2, in time to meet the next wave of advancement - unless EB2-India gets retrogressed severely in FY 2014.

eastindia
07-12-2013, 10:05 AM
I know at least one Ph.d who was filed as EB3 as they couldnt justify that it needed his advnced skills.

There are not that many jobs for phd's and they often end up with 'EB3' jobs that pay better than the research job a ph.d would get. no offence meant to researchers

even for EB2, many of the job postings these days ask for only bachelors degree. How many jobs, especially in the IT field can you say you are using your masters skills in ... its not lie you are writing a complier or finite state automaton every day. most of the time you are writitng just the samecode that an EB3 guy is doing. in many cases, its just the luck of the dice.

If a PhD is working as EB3 then he is in a wrong job and wasting his qualifications. You cannot blame the employer for it, its the employee to be blamed for wasting his skills. Maybe money is good but one has to decide if they want money or want self respecting job that matches their qualification and experience. Its like someone with a masters in Waste Management working as a janitor and then saying why his employer is not filing in EB2. Even a sandwich shop owner with high school makes lot of money on a busy street. Now should he be included in the category of scientists, researchers and best and the brightest because he is making good money?

For EB2 if you are not finding enough jobs then it means there is not much demand for high skilled jobs. Then either you are not true or all top technology and research companies are wrong. There are so many articles from them saying they cannot fill jobs. I refuse to believe top companies will lie. Its you who is not making an effort to find the job. If you are right then why don't we say together there is no demand for high skilled jobs in the country and visas to best and the brightest should stop. Let all visas go to less skilled EB3 folks who are doing jobs that undergraduates can also do. You will see that the entire working class of US will be against us because most citizens do these jobs and it is competition with them.

If there are no EB2 jobs in IT are you saying all IT jobs are jobs that do not require advanced skills and advanced degrees? You are degrading the entire IT professionals and their innovation by saying that. I refuse to believe you. You are thinking like a programmer who is maintaining code and doing low level admin work. get a masters degree or MBA and find work in Googles and Apples of the world as an innovator. EB2 will chase you.

saketkapur
07-12-2013, 10:07 AM
It will get retrogressed for sure somewhat because more new filings are going to be filed using the older PDs but hopefully they will be able to clear the big heaps until Jul 2007 and that is somewhere the dates might sit until next spillover.
Clearing 08 and 09 is going to take some time because of the huge number of applications that are in the pipeline.

cwan
07-12-2013, 10:20 AM
dude, dont take it personally man... I never called you a liar...only said your apathy is obvious, which it is...the rest was just an observation about work content that does not really hurt anybody. even a group manager these days is filling out spreadsheets and documents most of the time... something a 10th grader with good math abilities can do.

you dont need to prove anything to me, just ask yourself. that is sufficient and dont try to diver from the main topic as to why EB3 is getting stuck so badly and wether the spillover rule changes and the seasonal 'pipeline building' by USCIS (based on feedback from lobbyists) is to blame.

If a PhD is working as EB3 then he is in a wrong job and wasting his qualifications. You cannot blame the employer for it, its the employee to be blamed for wasting his skills. Maybe money is good but one has to decide if they want money or want self respecting job that matches their qualification and experience. Its like someone with a masters in Waste Management working as a janitor and then saying why his employer is not filing in EB2. Even a sandwich shop owner with high school makes lot of money on a busy street. Now should he be included in the category of scientists, researchers and best and the brightest because he is making good money?

For EB2 if you are not finding enough jobs then it means there is not much demand for high skilled jobs. Then either you are not true or all top technology and research companies are wrong. There are so many articles from them saying they cannot fill jobs. I refuse to believe top companies will lie. Its you who is not making an effort to find the job. If you are right then why don't we say together there is no demand for high skilled jobs in the country and visas to best and the brightest should stop. Let all visas go to less skilled EB3 folks who are doing jobs that undergraduates can also do. You will see that the entire working class of US will be against us because most citizens do these jobs and it is competition with them.

If there are no EB2 jobs in IT are you saying all IT jobs are jobs that do not require advanced skills and advanced degrees? You are degrading the entire IT professionals and their innovation by saying that. I refuse to believe you. You are thinking like a programmer who is maintaining code and doing low level admin work. get a masters degree or MBA and find work in Googles and Apples of the world as an innovator. EB2 will chase you.

eastindia
07-12-2013, 10:32 AM
dude, dont take it personally man... I never called you a liar...only said your apathy is obvious, which it is...the rest was just an observation about work content that does not really hurt anybody. even a group manager these days is filling out spreadsheets and documents most of the time... something a 10th grader with good math abilities can do.

you dont need to prove anything to me, just ask yourself. that is sufficient and dont try to diver from the main topic as to why EB3 is getting stuck so badly and wether the spillover rule changes and the seasonal 'pipeline building' by USCIS (based on feedback from lobbyists) is to blame.

If group manager these days is filling out spreadsheets and documents most of the time... something a 10th grader with good math abilities can do, then either that company is doomed or these people are not in the right job. If they have EAD by now, they should find a better job that helps them upgrade their skills and grow with respect.

If the reality is that most best and the brightest are not doing innovation jobs and doing jobs of 10 graders, then it defeats the entire argument we have been making that immigrant workers are coming here to fill innovation jobs for best and the brightest that no American is willing or available. In that case there is no need to increase of green card quota and increasing H1B. The ground reality what you are saying is completely different from what people who want quota increase has been saying.

What you are saying is exactly what anti immigrants say but in a different anti tone. You are implying that there is a flood of immigrants doing low skill jobs that have no innovation. So Congress must decide if they want to open floodgates for such people to compete with its citizens or restrict entry to only best and the brightest in EB1 and EB2. That will be bad for all of us waiting for many years.

cwan
07-12-2013, 01:23 PM
I get your point and am even sorry I wont down that path of work content. I believe the counter to that is that even if the person is genuinely doing high skilled work (writing compilers, designing rocket engines) for a few days in the year of his time, the job requires that skill level hence holds merit over others.

mostly, the problem that many EB3's are facing is that even assuming that they invest in MBA or masters or have 5 yrs of progressive work experience and assuming that they decide to switch jobs and move cross-country, all the whole hanging on to their GC application based on the single thread memo called AC21, all the while hoping USCIS dosent issue an RFE - PERM Filing forms the biggest hurdle. with an audit rate of 40% and a denial rate of 21% (published stats by DOL) and no defined SLA, people will end up waiting for 1.5 - 2 years (probably more - taking into account time taken for hiring efforts, ad's etc...) without even clearing the first stage.

all this time, the EB2's who are benefitting from a questionable rule change just sit back and say 'just port' when there are all these practical issues.

would love to see some suggestions about how we could speed up or rectify PERM processing. at least, to take the discussion in a positive direction

cwan
07-12-2013, 01:24 PM
just to note - currently DOL seems to be adding 10 days to processing time every 10 days....the PERM backlog wait can become an endless wait. this is based on tracker observations.

eastindia
07-12-2013, 01:47 PM
I get your point and am even sorry I wont down that path of work content. I believe the counter to that is that even if the person is genuinely doing high skilled work (writing compilers, designing rocket engines) for a few days in the year of his time, the job requires that skill level hence holds merit over others.

mostly, the problem that many EB3's are facing is that even assuming that they invest in MBA or masters or have 5 yrs of progressive work experience and assuming that they decide to switch jobs and move cross-country, all the whole hanging on to their GC application based on the single thread memo called AC21, all the while hoping USCIS dosent issue an RFE - PERM Filing forms the biggest hurdle. with an audit rate of 40% and a denial rate of 21% (published stats by DOL) and no defined SLA, people will end up waiting for 1.5 - 2 years (probably more - taking into account time taken for hiring efforts, ad's etc...) without even clearing the first stage.

all this time, the EB2's who are benefitting from a questionable rule change just sit back and say 'just port' when there are all these practical issues.

would love to see some suggestions about how we could speed up or rectify PERM processing. at least, to take the discussion in a positive direction

I would differ. It makes less sense for delay in I140 processing and I485 processing if visas are available. For current applicants it takes 6-9 months which is not fair. We need to oppose that and get it reduced,

PERM is on the other hand the most important stage in greencard process. The whole premise of giving us greencard is that there is no US citizen available and the job will stay unfilled if we do not get greencard. This should not be taken lightly and proving this cannot be done in 10 days. There is an entire recruitment process, interview process. Some lawyers and employers made a mockery of that and that brought bad repute to everyone and this is why the wait time is longer. So blame on your lawyer community and employers. Google a lawyer video that anti immigrant sites highlight. Also see how many companies have been caught breaking the rules. PERM process need to be made more sincere and its purpose 'not to find US citizens' but to 'ensure no US citizen is available'.

Please suggest how you can do it and how we can all tell our lawmakers. It will put all of us in good light and the backlog you are saying will decrease.

The current system is so broken even if you reduce PERM time, the next stages are many times long and few month wait of PERM looks tiny.

eastindia
07-12-2013, 01:49 PM
just to note - currently DOL seems to be adding 10 days to processing time every 10 days....the PERM backlog wait can become an endless wait. this is based on tracker observations.

I suggest not spending time on trackers. It will give you ulcers and high BP.
If you support IV and get even try to get 1 admin fix passed, that trying will give you more contentment.

cwan
07-12-2013, 01:56 PM
yeah, Ive tried that route for more than two years and three campaigns now - but like I said supporting IV has yet to show any results that would help EB3's and in fact a few that have (inadvertently) hurt us. At some point one starts to question wether to invest further or see some results before doing so.

I suggest not spending time on trackers. It will give you ulcers and high BP.
If you support IV and get even try to get 1 admin fix passed, that trying will give you more contentment.

eastindia
07-12-2013, 02:17 PM
yeah, Ive tried that route for more than two years and three campaigns now - but like I said supporting IV has yet to show any results that would help EB3's and in fact a few that have (inadvertently) hurt us. At some point one starts to question wether to invest further or see some results before doing so.

IV is you and me. Many people who decide I have met are EB3 themselves. If you become active you get to speak to everyone in person who decides and you can give suggestions and even change things because you become owner of a item. I tried it and it was a good experience. You should try it too. There is no harm in that.

seahawks
07-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Every time a bulletin is out, I can see there is frustration. It is normal and understandable, it almost feels like bulletins should be published once in 6 months, so the venting only happens that in frequently:). I have been waiting 14 years but learned, fighting among each other does not get you a green card faster:) Sorry broken record and everyone knows it. We can blame the law, the policies or even IV, but never ourselves because I feel it's my right to get a green card as fast as I can:). I am still not sure how we come to the conclusion IV supports EB2 versus EB3, which is really lame. As far as I know and worked closely with everyone at IV for the past many many years, the core principles were remove country caps, increase employment based green cards, recapture visas and so on keeping in mind to eliminate employment based backlogs period. The targeted efforts were to allow filing during July 07 fiasco, Increase EAD to 2 years, combo card and so on. If any of you don't have visibility, please feel free to ask around and figure things out. Many of the people who used to frequent the forums are absent, not because they left, it is because they are tirelessly working behind the scenes, trying to meet with lawmakers, meet with staff and trying to educated and energize folks. So, I am sure all of your are doing your part, but the extra energy that I see in these threads, lets channelize them to meet some more people, talk to them, motivate them and continue to energize a movement that we all can be proud of to make history!

FYI:- I know this was not the context that one of you guys meant, but a Janitorial job is still a very skilled and important one. Every job is important, every one is important, you are more important than I am, that's how we should all be, then we will never be venting, a visa bulletin one day takes you to the front of the queue and then then next month you are in the back of the line again. This is not something that is new, its been happening all this while and we react every time:) and then I get to lecture:)

sac-r-ten
07-29-2013, 09:44 AM
@seahawks. great venting. hats off, waiting 14yrs is no easy. let me vent too.

Firstly, i thank God and then this country that gave me and my family 8 years of beautiful life. I don't have to worry about power cuts, floods, daily commute and there are bigger and worst things that are happening in the country i was born in but God has allowed me to stay away from it.
I don't think GC is my right and i don't think i deserve more than what i am getting at this moment. If anyone else thinks they deserve more success and greater height, i think Himalayas is the place for you.
Good luck to all. have a nice life.

cheers

mhssatya
07-29-2013, 09:24 PM
You say it as if living in "the country" was a curse. After all it's your motherland dude. You don't have to be thankful to it, but atleast dont act as life is miserable there and living there was a sin. God forbid if something happens to your GC, you will go running "mera bharat mahan"

@seahawks. great venting. hats off, waiting 14yrs is no easy. let me vent too.

Firstly, i thank God and then this country that gave me and my family 8 years of beautiful life. I don't have to worry about power cuts, floods, daily commute and there are bigger and worst things that are happening in the country i was born in but God has allowed me to stay away from it.
I don't think GC is my right and i don't think i deserve more than what i am getting at this moment. If anyone else thinks they deserve more success and greater height, i think Himalayas is the place for you.
Good luck to all. have a nice life.

cheers

sac-r-ten
07-29-2013, 10:27 PM
You say it as if living in "the country" was a curse. After all it's your motherland dude. You don't have to be thankful to it, but atleast dont act as life is miserable there and living there was a sin. God forbid if something happens to your GC, you will go running "mera bharat mahan"

sure @mhssatya, you can also show your frustration and vent. No living there is not sin but miserable, yes. ofcourse i'll be running back but not shouting "mera bharat mahan"...

chill.

imh1b
07-30-2013, 09:27 AM

We all came here because we like $$$ and we did not like our countries. We we had lot of money there, there was no need to come here and wait forever for greencard. All that 'Mera Bharat Mahan' is only good for politicians. The reality on the ground is opposite. If you offer greencards to people living in India for free, I bet 99% people will take it and come here. Only 1% will refuse who are already making crores of rupees. This applies to every third world country.

imh1b
07-30-2013, 09:34 AM
sure @mhssatya, you can also show your frustration and vent. No living there is not sin but miserable, yes. ofcourse i'll be running back but not shouting "mera bharat mahan"...

chill.

@mhssatya seems to be brainwashed by politicians of India into believing 'Mera Bharat mahan' instead of 'Mera Bharat Slum'. He has not been reading news of all the scams, rapes, poverty and all. He should go back and vote for the same politicians who will give him liquor and money. There is no innovation and people have no love for motherland other than shouting slogans. It will not take many years for the entire country to turn into a slum due to the loot of natural resources and corruption.

spicy_guy
07-30-2013, 10:09 AM
India is a great country. But politicians made/making it a hell. There are some good ones, but those don't see limelight regardless of how hard they try to change things. Thats the fate of India. People are part of the blame too.

imh1b
07-30-2013, 10:38 AM
India is a great country.

India was a great country.

But politicians made/making it a hell.
No. Not politicians. Indian Citizens have made it hell. Indian Citizens vote for corrupt politicians. Politicians are just few thousand in number. But indian citizens are themselves are corrupt by either giving , taking bribes or by keeping quiet .

There are some good ones, but those don't see limelight regardless of how hard they try to change things.

They don't see limelight because Indian Citizens do not love them. If they loved them they would have rallied for them and come in large numbers for their protests. But it is a shame that their protest has less number of people compared to some rallies of politicians.

IV is successful because it is here. Imagine if it was in India. Can you even dream of changing any law there? It is good that some good people created ImmigrationVoice.org so that we can do some good for all immigrants.

Thats the fate of India.
That is why we are all here. It sucks there.

People are part of the blame too.
They are the 100% to be blamed. Not part.
Some choose to live there and be a part of the system.
Very few fortunate are able to leave it and go abroad. When these Indians go abroad they generally do very well and lead in their fields in the world. They will be honest and follow laws of the country. Example, they will stop at red light and will not take a leak anywhere on the side of the road. But in India they will do opposite. That shows their love of the country and fake singing of 'Mera Bharat Mahan'

pvrs
07-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Imh1b, Please stop your tirade against India and your own people. Do not try to generalize your ideas, You sound stupid. If you are here for better life then so be it. Do not compare a developed nation and it's culture to that of the under-developed nation. If you really have that much ability on changing things and bring about a change in the society, then you should be in India, bringing that change over there.

imh1b
07-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Imh1b, Please stop your tirade against India and your own people. Do not try to generalize your ideas, You sound stupid. If you are here for better life then so be it. Do not compare a developed nation and it's culture to that of the under-developed nation. If you really have that much ability on changing things and bring about a change in the society, then you should be in India, bringing that change over there.

I don't think you really read the posts. It is your post that sounds stupid without accepting the facts and the fake love of the country which you have left. Are we all not trying to permanently settle here for good and this is why we want Greencards?
If you have so much love, you should be there. Accept the reality and do not fall for political slogans as truth. India was glorious in the past. It was the richest country. Now it is looted by invaders and its own citizens. Read about the scams if you do not believe me.

pvrs
07-30-2013, 03:59 PM
My sincere apologies for posting a response to your post. No more responses to your posts, have fun. If you think denigrating your own kind makes you feel better then I leave it to your wisdom.

spicy_guy
07-30-2013, 09:14 PM
I don't think you really read the posts. It is your post that sounds stupid without accepting the facts and the fake love of the country which you have left. Are we all not trying to permanently settle here for good and this is why we want Greencards?
If you have so much love, you should be there. Accept the reality and do not fall for political slogans as truth. India was glorious in the past. It was the richest country. Now it is looted by invaders and its own citizens. Read about the scams if you do not believe me.

Yes, India is slammed by corruption (corrupt politicians). But there is some good left in India.

Obviously, its a dreamland for bada babus that think they can buy anything with the money, and India houses poor people too. They can sing and dance Mera Bharat Mahan...

However, you cannot live in US if you do not have job and enough savings for a long time. In case of India its different. Medical insurance stuff sucks a big time here.

As mentioned before, there are good, efficient and honest people in India.

People need to be educated. Corrupt Politicians should bite the dust. Thats possible only with people. Again, some good people are trying to change things and educate people, Ex: Jayaprakash Narayan, Abdul Kalam, etc many others. But long way to go... We can only wish the corruption won't bring down the country and swallow meanwhile.

Each of us has to play a role in fighting the corruption, if we are truly committed to our country, no matter how small it is, direct or indirect.

We also need to think, how we behave when we visit India. Do we follow all the rules / discipline we follow here?

nrmarrivada9
07-31-2013, 10:06 AM
Hey Guys,
Please be considerate and limit your discussions to "2013 August Bulletin" as named by OP.

I am not sure why some of the members (despite being seniors) are not sticking to the forum etiquette (i don't intend to use a strong word, but couldn't get lighter one from the top of my head).

geve
07-31-2013, 10:32 AM

No. Not politicians. Indian Citizens have made it hell. Indian Citizens vote for corrupt politicians. Politicians are just few thousand in number. But indian citizens are themselves are corrupt by either giving , taking bribes or by keeping quiet .

They don't see limelight because Indian Citizens do not love them. If they loved them they would have rallied for them and come in large numbers for their protests. But it is a shame that their protest has less number of people compared to some rallies of politicians.

IV is successful because it is here. Imagine if it was in India. Can you even dream of changing any law there? It is good that some good people created ImmigrationVoice.org so that we can do some good for all immigrants.

Very few fortunate are able to leave it and go abroad. When these Indians go abroad they generally do very well and lead in their fields in the world. They will be honest and follow laws of the country. Example, they will stop at red light and will not take a leak anywhere on the side of the road. But in India they will do opposite. That shows their love of the country and fake singing of 'Mera Bharat Mahan'

Please do not generalize your statement. Before we state one should question him or herself “How many of my family members, relatives or friends fall in this category”? And the answer is all are great and I am from good background. Then from where 100% came.
These problems are exists everywhere. Some have time, patience and heart to live and solve their own problems. May be they did not get an opportunity to escape from the problem like us.

No doubt USA is great. US citizens are great. Because my kids are citizens. INDIA is very great, because my Parents are Indian citizens.

BharatPremi
07-31-2013, 01:55 PM
india was a great country.

No. Not politicians. Indian citizens have made it hell. Indian citizens vote for corrupt politicians. Politicians are just few thousand in number. But indian citizens are themselves are corrupt by either giving , taking bribes or by keeping quiet . ..................

:d

snthampi
07-31-2013, 02:38 PM
Please do not generalize your statement. Before we state one should question him or herself “How many of my family members, relatives or friends fall in this category”? And the answer is all are great and I am from good background. Then from where 100% came.
These problems are exists everywhere. Some have time, patience and heart to live and solve their own problems. May be they did not get an opportunity to escape from the problem like us.

No doubt USA is great. US citizens are great. Because my kids are citizens. INDIA is very great, because my Parents are Indian citizens.

"INDIA is very great, because my Parents are Indian citizens." This is the deceiving part. Having respect for our parents and our own country is a great thing, but TRUTH be told. As someone mentioned, India was great. But, now its own citizens are ruining it because of pure GREED. Lately, the trend in India is that for money and their own happiness, people will do anything. Most people fall into this category. There are only a very very few exceptions. The good ones are greatly outnumbered and their voices get suppressed. It is sad, but everyone needs to stand up and tell the truth even to your loved ones when you see them abusing the system. False pride is not going to help, but is going to hurt India more. If I claim that my family and friends are great people and don't exploit the system, then I am lying.

geve
07-31-2013, 02:54 PM
"INDIA is very great, because my Parents are Indian citizens." This is the deceiving part. Having respect for our parents and our own country is a great thing, but TRUTH be told. As someone mentioned, India was great. But, now its own citizens are ruining it because of pure GREED. Lately, the trend in India is that for money and their own happiness, people will do anything. Most people fall into this category. There are only a very very few exceptions. The good ones are greatly outnumbered and their voices get suppressed. It is sad, but everyone needs to stand up and tell the truth even to your loved ones when you see them abusing the system. False pride is not going to help, but is going to hurt India more. If I claim that my family and friends are great people and don't exploit the system, then I am lying.

"If I claim that my family and friends are great people and don't exploit the system, then I am lying."
For the above line I agree with you and respect your opinion, you should respect others too.
"This is the deceiving part." It is your Jaundiced view.

snthampi
07-31-2013, 05:32 PM
"If I claim that my family and friends are great people and don't exploit the system, then I am lying."
For the above line I agree with you and respect your opinion, you should respect others too.
"This is the deceiving part." It is your Jaundiced view.

I do respect others' opinions but at the same time I express my disagreement also. That gives the other person to critically analyse their opinion. I always do because I am not always right.

You said "It is your Jaundiced view". Ok :-) Have fun!

deecha
08-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Hats off to you, my friend. I couldn't have said it better.

deecha
08-01-2013, 01:56 PM
One more thing people, this is for Indian Citizens...

If you can, (after you get GC, citizenship, success in life etc.) try to do some good for India by helping the deserving people out there. It is still your bierhland / homeland.

imh1b
08-01-2013, 03:59 PM
One more thing people, this is for Indian Citizens...

If you can, (after you get GC, citizenship, success in life etc.) try to do some good for India by helping the deserving people out there. It is still your bierhland / homeland.

Indians need to help themselves instead of seeking help from foreigners like us. The most we can do is donate money for a good cause, but Indians will have to clean up and run the whole system themselves. Currently they mostly enjoy being ruled by a class that does not care for them and they still keep voting for them every election. Nobody comes to help on the road when there is accident on the road or a girl is raped. People there fight for religion instead of fighting against corruption. People will riot to break or not break Andhra state or other states but they will not do revolution to shine India.

Only 1 among 1 million people has the courage to stand up when they live in India. People like Arvind Kejriwal, Baba Ramdev, Durga Shakti Nagpal, IAS Khemka can be counted on fingers among more than a billion population. We know names of more scamsters than honest people. There were so many revolutionaries like Chandrashekhar Azad, Subhashchandra bose, Rani Laxmibai, Bhagat singh, etc who are forgotten. It is a land of greats like Ram, Krishna, Chanakya, Vikramaditya, Bharat, Prithviraj Chawhan, Rana Pratap, Shivaji. But those were the glorious days. Such people no longer are born in India. What we have now is pathetic and this is why the cream of the country likes to desperately get out and then they do exceptionally well in whichever field they go to abroad.

We will be a fool to show our fake love and feel hurt if someone posts opinion against 'Mera Bharat Mahan'

jnr
08-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Has anyone got the approval email from EB2 who are current this month?

Thanks

simple.life
08-03-2013, 12:37 PM

All my EB3-I buddies, please read eastindia's post and take action. The laws will change when they will change but you can make it happen for yourself. If you are eb3 India with priority date older than Dec 2007 - PORT!

Don't stop until you are successful.

imh1b
08-09-2013, 01:47 PM

Opinion: NRI's Why not 2 return 2 India (http://www.r2iclubforums.com/forums/showthread.php/32971-NRI-s-Why-not-2-return-2-India)

Your Mera Bharat Mahan! Stop this fake love now.

jnr
08-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Hi Guys

Any 2005 or 2006 Eb2 guys who got approval?

pvrs
08-09-2013, 03:23 PM
N/M, You win. Like another Deecha said, What a great man you are. Be proud of yourself and carry on your Indian bashing unabashedly.

saketkapur
08-09-2013, 03:24 PM
I think people are posting approvals on .com

That's the only place so far I have seem them. Its not that I like the site but you can check it out.

saketkapur
08-09-2013, 03:26 PM
I think people are posting approvals on .com

That's the only place so far I have seem them. Its not that I like the site but you can check it out.

Well either we are no longer allowed to post external links or I just fat fingered....

WWW..com

jnr
08-09-2013, 03:28 PM
can u just type the url without www and .com?

Thanks

krishmunn
08-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Indians need to help themselves instead of seeking help from foreigners like us. The most we can do is donate money for a good cause, but Indians will have to clean up and run the whole system themselves. Currently they mostly enjoy being ruled by a class that does not care for them and they still keep voting for them every election. Nobody comes to help on the road when there is accident on the road or a girl is raped. People there fight for religion instead of fighting against corruption. People will riot to break or not break Andhra state or other states but they will not do revolution to shine India.

Only 1 among 1 million people has the courage to stand up when they live in India. People like Arvind Kejriwal, Baba Ramdev, Durga Shakti Nagpal, IAS Khemka can be counted on fingers among more than a billion population. We know names of more scamsters than honest people. There were so many revolutionaries like Chandrashekhar Azad, Subhashchandra bose, Rani Laxmibai, Bhagat singh, etc who are forgotten. It is a land of greats like Ram, Krishna, Chanakya, Vikramaditya, Bharat, Prithviraj Chawhan, Rana Pratap, Shivaji. But those were the glorious days. Such people no longer are born in India. What we have now is pathetic and this is why the cream of the country likes to desperately get out and then they do exceptionally well in whichever field they go to abroad.

We will be a fool to show our fake love and feel hurt if someone posts opinion against 'Mera Bharat Mahan'

I agree with you on some of the points but let me ask you --

1) since you have presumably not obtained your US Citizenship or even GC, how do you consider yourself as a "foreigner" ?

2) While I can agree that people of India do not help in case of accident, elect corrupt politician etc. etc. ... basically they are causing all the evil, when YOU were in India (I guess you are not a US born USC) what did YOU do to improve . What REVOLUTION did you start or join ? What about your parents ? I am NOT pointing at you individually but collectively (including me).

3) While I agree that "some" so called cream have moved abroad (I am sure you consider yourself as one such cream :) ) what would you say about those who taught you in school? college ? They might not be "cream" but they built the cream.

4) If all the "cream" have moved abroad, who is running the country (not politically but in field of science, arts , culture ,...) ? Who do you think work in ISRO ? DRDO? Do you have the caliber to work in ISRO ? I can go on with the list if you want ? Don't you think those people have a significantly higher ability than a web developer in a Desi Consulting body shop? Or even the developer number 45768 in google ?

5) The point I am trying to make , self-loathing and escapism does not help any cause. In fact, if you are not willing to contribute anything positive, you have no right to criticize.

BZA
08-09-2013, 04:35 PM
I agree with you on some of the points but let me ask you --

1) since you have presumably not obtained your US Citizenship or even GC, how do you consider yourself as a "foreigner" ?

2) While I can agree that people of India do not help in case of accident, elect corrupt politician etc. etc. ... basically they are causing all the evil, when YOU were in India (I guess you are not a US born USC) what did YOU do to improve . What REVOLUTION did you start or join ? What about your parents ? I am NOT pointing at you individually but collectively (including me).

3) While I agree that "some" so called cream have moved abroad (I am sure you consider yourself as one such cream :) ) what would you say about those who taught you in school? college ? They might not be "cream" but they built the cream.

4) If all the "cream" have moved abroad, who is running the country (not politically but in field of science, arts , culture ,...) ? Who do you think work in ISRO ? DRDO? Do you have the caliber to work in ISRO ? I can go on with the list if you want ? Don't you think those people have a significantly higher ability than a web developer in a Desi Consulting body shop? Or even the developer number 45768 in google ?

5) The point I am trying to make , self-loathing and escapism does not help any cause. In fact, if you are not willing to contribute anything positive, you have no right to criticize.

I agree with Krishmunn.

pappu
08-09-2013, 04:59 PM
I am unable to keep away from this discussion of India Vs US. It is similar to what we are trying to do at IV. Both krishmunn and imh1 and others raise good questions (if you exclude some personal comments). There is bad and good everywhere. It is also true that it is really tough to bring any change in India compared to US. Many immigrate because they are fed up with the system. The system is better here and due to this, everyone has a chance and can make things better. Likewise if any other country improves its system, people will also change and country will do better. People have to think beyond thier personal interest and work together on a larger vision.

An immigration problem brought us together and we have tried to fix something. Many IV members have greencards and they are still continuing with us. It is all because of the vision and passion we have made it so far. Each success in the last 7 years gave us confidence and each failure was an education. We had no idea in our initial years of US if we can really get any admin fix or get a bill passed. All we knew were our Human resource folks and lawyer talking with them who was taking care of things. Now if the bill fixes things that are broken in the system, high skill immigration will run smoothly for many years to come for us and people who will come behind us.

The system here allows us to make our voices heard better than other places and we are able to realistically think of a bill. This is huge. Young generation and social media brought a big change in some countries last year. This is just a beginning of what a society can do once its awareness level is raised.The wheels of change have been happening on Indian side of the globe too and very soon it will change for the best.

LPR
08-09-2013, 05:27 PM
My priority date is in Oct 2007 and I got my I-485 approval & Card production notification emails yesterday.. hope this helps..

bimboywade
08-10-2013, 10:11 AM
My PD is Sep 07, havent received emails yet. Called & opened a Service ticket nbr, got email that its been assigned to officer 4 days back. No news since.

jnr
08-10-2013, 12:37 PM
What reason did you give them to open SR? Since normally they say if its 30-60 days since date is current then you can open SR

bimboywade
08-11-2013, 11:37 PM
I did mention that my PD is current and beyond normal processing time.

nkv627
08-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Any idea on when September Visa Bulletin will be released?

jsd123
08-12-2013, 09:51 AM
I am unable to keep away from this discussion of India Vs US. It is similar to what we are trying to do at IV. Both krishmunn and imh1 and others raise good questions (if you exclude some personal comments). There is bad and good everywhere. It is also true that it is really tough to bring any change in India compared to US. Many immigrate because they are fed up with the system. The system is better here and due to this, everyone has a chance and can make things better. Likewise if any other country improves its system, people will also change and country will do better. People have to think beyond thier personal interest and work together on a larger vision.

An immigration problem brought us together and we have tried to fix something. Many IV members have greencards and they are still continuing with us. It is all because of the vision and passion we have made it so far. Each success in the last 7 years gave us confidence and each failure was an education. We had no idea in our initial years of US if we can really get any admin fix or get a bill passed. All we knew were our Human resource folks and lawyer talking with them who was taking care of things. Now if the bill fixes things that are broken in the system, high skill immigration will run smoothly for many years to come for us and people who will come behind us.

The system here allows us to make our voices heard better than other places and we are able to realistically think of a bill. This is huge. Young generation and social media brought a big change in some countries last year. This is just a beginning of what a society can do once its awareness level is raised.The wheels of change have been happening on Indian side of the globe too and very soon it will change for the best.

Truly admire the clarity of your thoughts and your optimism. Thanks for all the hard work at IV.

pvrs
08-12-2013, 02:40 PM

I have recently came to know of this Web site while I was searching for something related. The change that you are contributing to the immigrant society is huge, and is a positive one. Kudos to you. I wish I had known about this a while back.

I did not wish to extend my conversation with Imh1b because he was negative and was unreasonable. I had been reading his comments on many a posts and my comments against him were based on his posts in this thread and other fights he had in other threads too. He must have had a very bad experience for him to say he is a foreigner even when he is still holding Indian Passport (however Americanized he may be). I no longer wish to engage in conversation with him for that reason alone.

I agree with your post except for this "Many immigrate because they are fed up with the system". I would like to say that many immigrate because they saw better opportunities elsewhere and later on they had discovered better systems there (as you had confessed in your own post about your own discovery). I am not praising India nor do I possess fake love for India. I like India with all its defects and if I had better opportunities there then I would have stayed back without disrupting all of my social fabric and creating a new one elsewhere. If anyone really wants to bring about a change to a place where he and his forefathers once lived then strive for that change with positive messages instead of criticizing and highlighting it's defects in a negative tone. This would rather expose your ex-patriotism instead of your ex-patriate status. In fact, you are in a better place to encourage people for bringing about a change both in your new land as well as in your old too. Best example is Mahatma Gandhi himself was an immigrant and realized his potential from his struggles in South Africa before striving to bring about freedom in India. Just my opinion, peace and out.

kalinga_sena
08-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Visa Bulletin for September 2013 is Out

EB2 INDIA ---> 15JUN08

reddymjm
08-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Eb3 india 22sep03.

mhssatya
08-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Guys,
My dream has come true in many ways. Got the GC approval emails for me and my wife today morning right on independence day. Super excited and looking forward to a new journey.

I thank IV for all the support it gave me for the past years and the hard work it has been doing to solve our problems. I will continue to be part of it's efforts.

Jai Hind.