PDA

View Full Version : Action Item - Seeking support for more Green Cards to reduce backlogs

Administrator2
07-09-2013, 01:46 AM
------------------------------------------------------
URGENT TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM

ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy -- Please Oppose H.R. 2131 (http://immigrationvoice.capwiz.com/immigrationvoice/issues/alert/?alertid=62762441)

Dear Friends,

This is a time sensitive action item. In the background, there is a systematic campaign to undermine the effort for more EB green card numbers. Some of our employers, including some of the tech companies are engaged in pushing for more temporary visas only. These employers are also working to hurt their employees who are oblivious to what's going on behind the scenes.

Please treat this action item VERY SERIOUSLY. Our concern is that with no meaningful green card increase in the House bill, the Conference report will end up with almost no green cards for skilled immigrants and significant increasing temporary visas.

Some estimates suggest that there are over 1 million people waiting in EB green card backlogs. House bill H.R. 2131 proposes increasing temporary visas without proportionately increasing green card numbers. So much so that H.R. 2131 will create 10 times bigger backlogs of 10 million people. Here is a summary of SKILLS Jobs Act H.R. 2131 - http://immigrationvoice.org/media/SKILLS_Visa_Act_Summary.pdf

Please click here to send a message to your member of Congress that no green card increase will hurt U.S. economy. Ask Congress to set the priorities straight, not to focus on temporary visas, rather focus on green cards for tax paying law abiding highly skilled immigrants -

ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy -- Please Oppose H.R. 2131 (http://immigrationvoice.capwiz.com/immigrationvoice/issues/alert/?alertid=62762441)

Thank you,

krupa
07-09-2013, 02:58 AM
Sent eMail Message

LglImi
07-09-2013, 07:33 AM

Dear Friends,

This is a time sensitive action item. In the background, there is a systematic campaign to undermine the effort for more EB green card numbers. Some of our employers, including some of the tech companies are engaged in pushing for more temporary visas only. These employers are also working to hurt their employees who are oblivious to what's going on behind the scenes.

Please treat this action item VERY SERIOUSLY. Our concern is that with no meaningful green card increase in the House bill, the Conference report will end up with almost no green cards for skilled immigrants and significant increasing temporary visas.

Some estimates suggest that there are over 1 million people waiting in EB green card backlogs. House bill H.R. 2131 proposes increasing temporary visas without proportionately increasing green card numbers. So much so that H.R. 2131 will create 10 times bigger backlogs of 10 million people. Here is a summary of SKILLS Jobs Act H.R. 2131 - http://immigrationvoice.org/media/SKILLS_Visa_Act_Summary.pdf

Please click here to send a message to your member of Congress that no green card increase will hurt U.S. economy. Ask Congress to set the priorities straight, not to focus on temporary visas, rather focus on green cards for tax paying law abiding highly skilled immigrants -

Thank you,

VERY important action item. Thanks admin for this. I will be calling, emailing my congressman. Will try setup an appointment and if succeed, will involve local IV...

manchala
07-09-2013, 08:36 AM
VERY important action item. Thanks admin for this. I will be calling, emailing my congressman. Will try setup an appointment and if succeed, will involve local IV...

Done!!!

spicy_guy
07-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Thanks, IV.

Done!

tsnaresh
07-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Completed the action item.

Gravitation
07-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Done.

starscream
07-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Done

mugembo
07-09-2013, 09:13 AM
AI Completed x 2

laddu0
07-09-2013, 09:15 AM
AI Done.

Yesterday only my friend told me that all the consulting company employers are meeting regularly and lobby Republicans across US to only increase H1B and not GC.

Thanks for IV to make me part of this AI.

np5337
07-09-2013, 09:23 AM
AI done...

prahlad401
07-09-2013, 09:31 AM
AI Done

legalimmi11
07-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Done.

gcbikari
07-09-2013, 09:42 AM
emails done, will call today

smitin_2000
07-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Done.

Go IV!

:)

sareesh
07-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Done

coopheal
07-09-2013, 09:54 AM
done

GCTorture
07-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Ai done.

h1techSlave
07-09-2013, 09:59 AM
done

srij
07-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Done!

Rajeev
07-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Done

Suva
07-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Done.

Thanks

flthere
07-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Done the action item ... thank you!

This congress (and the last year one too) seems to be far worse than our current Lok Sabha ... intend something and do something different !

rexjamla
07-09-2013, 10:22 AM
AI Done. Also send email to my contacts in same EB backlog boat.

gotgc?
07-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Action item done

airbusfan
07-09-2013, 11:14 AM
I thought online petitions and randomly sending emails doesn't work. Why this change of heart IV??

pappu
07-09-2013, 11:27 AM
I thought online petitions and randomly sending emails doesn't work. Why this change of heart IV??

This action item is not an online petition and it is not a random email.

Click on the link and see that page.
Also, read what is being sent. It has IV name in it. Unless something is heavily supported by boots on the ground and a reputed organization that invests in advocacy, it will not work.

Get more involved with IV to understand how advocacy works. There are several volunteers working everyday and meeting lawmakers. You will get better insights into the overall strategy.

scorpion
07-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Done.

rajchadha
07-09-2013, 12:30 PM
AI done

netbacker
07-09-2013, 01:29 PM
AI done

pankajkchhabra
07-09-2013, 02:04 PM
AI Done

tammman
07-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Did under my name and my wife's name.

abhi_2753
07-09-2013, 02:21 PM
IL Done

antri
07-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Completed the action items for my wife and I.

Is there a way to see how many of us completed these action items? The increasing number will definitely motivate us to do more.

amulchandra
07-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Schumer: House must back citizenship or immigration bill dies - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com (http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/309863-schumer-no-conference-on-immigration-unless-house-backs-citizenship)

End of Drama.....New chapter will start after 7 years again!!!!

The following is how many times the senate bill died according to different news sources
before passing the senate.

23 times the immigration reform bill has been at death's door - The Week (http://theweek.com/article/index/245773/23-times-the-immigration-reform-bill-has-been-at-deaths-door)

So please do not post any -ve comments. We all know it is tough but we all (including you) are atleast trying.

tatyavinchoo
07-09-2013, 02:28 PM
I am new to this forum, and confused as well. Though this amendment increases backlog, doesn't it also recommend more GCs to STEM grads by removing some other quotas? Many of us fall in this category and would benefit from this.

bpratap
07-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Done and have my family and friends also send email on behalf of IV.

Please have all of your friends also send email. its take less than a minute to send email. Please talk to your friends and family to send emails, the lease favor you can ask for.

waitingnwaiting
07-09-2013, 02:44 PM
I am new to this forum, and confused as well. Though this amendment increases backlog, doesn't it also recommend more GCs to STEM grads by removing some other quotas? Many of us fall in this category and would benefit from this.

Lets just trust IV. They are experts in bills. They probably know more inside information than you, me and your lawyer.

greyhair
07-09-2013, 02:51 PM
This means companies are playing games. Companies are legally bribing lawmakers with fundraisers and getting more H1 visas in return.

This bill adds 3 green cards but adds 10 million more H1/L1/dependents. This bill will help 3 people but it will screw 99.99999% of us. OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE

gopalaj
07-09-2013, 02:59 PM
AI done

bpratap
07-09-2013, 03:16 PM

This is not an Amendment, its House Version of the High Skilled immigration bill, which will be part of House CIR Bill.

read the summary to get the perspective right. http://immigrationvoice.org/media/SKILLS_Visa_Act_Summary.pdf

tatyavinchoo
07-09-2013, 03:28 PM
I completely understand what IV is saying about backlog and totally appreciate the work they are doing. But from what I read in news as well as from the text of the act itself (http://issa.house.gov/skills/assets/ISSA_058_xml.pdf), the act looks very STEM grad friendly. Many desis (incl me) who are in EB2 fall in this category. So before I call/mail reps, I want to understand if I am not shooting myself in the foot by opposing this act.

bpratap
07-09-2013, 03:39 PM
I completely understand what IV is saying about backlog and totally appreciate the work they are doing. But from what I read in news as well as from the text of the act itself (http://issa.house.gov/skills/assets/ISSA_058_xml.pdf), the act looks very STEM grad friendly. Many desis (incl me) who are in EB2 fall in this category. So before I call/mail reps, I want to understand if I am not shooting myself in the foot by opposing this act.

Senate Version of the Bill excludes
STEM Graduates from the GC Quota
Spouse and Dependents from GC Quota
All eligible (Current EB1) from GC Quota

House Bill give a new 50,000 visas where in Eligible STEM Graduates can apply, again you are at the mercy of Employer to apply.

which one would you pick ?

imh1b
07-09-2013, 03:41 PM

You are very new to this or you would have known the whole information about STEM. STEM is just a Ruse. Looks good from outside but bad from inside. If you were here last year in HR3012 you will know that STEM card is played to keep away all other pro-immigrant parts. And STEM WILL NEVER pass. It will be taken out in the end. I will have to write a long post to explain why it will never pass.

I suggest just do action item. This politics is very convoluted.

ronhira
07-09-2013, 03:53 PM
history repeats itself..... the backlogs were created because h1 quota was increased for the year 1999 to 2005..... without increasing any green cards.....

back in 1990s, there were 65,000 h1 visas and 140,000 green cards
so 140,000/65,000 = 2.153 (1 primary applicant plus 1.1 dependents)
this is how the system was designed, to accommodate the primary applicants and dependents....

in year 2000 congress increased h1 visas to 195000 ....... once the h1 numbers came down..... in 2004 congress again increased h1 visas by 20000 for non profits or universities......

but throughout the period of time..... congress did not increase the green cards..... which is why there is the reason for the backlogs...... any increase in h1 visa is designed to create more backlogs & have more people wait longer

apshodh
07-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Sent the emails
Friends, please continue doing the action item.

netbacker
07-09-2013, 08:43 PM
history repeats itself..... the backlogs were created because h1 quota was increased for the year 1999 to 2005..... without increasing any green cards.....

back in 1990s, there were 65,000 h1 visas and 140,000 green cards
so 140,000/65,000 = 2.153 (1 primary applicant plus 1.1 dependents)
this is how the system was designed, to accommodate the primary applicants and dependents....

in year 2000 congress increased h1 visas to 195000 ....... once the h1 numbers came down..... in 2004 congress again increased h1 visas by 20000 for non profits or universities......

but throughout the period of time..... congress did not increase the green cards..... which is why there is the reason for the backlogs...... any increase in h1 visa is designed to create more backlogs & have more people wait longer

This drives home the point of this debate. IV community needs to highlight this as much as we can.
Thank you again.

rupen
07-09-2013, 08:58 PM
I would like to give suggestion to IV leadership here. If IV leadership has contact with various unions, can we go to unions and ask for their support. I think new union thinking is more green cards and less temporary visas. Companies obviously are looking for their own benefit and not wanting to increase green cards.

somberi
07-09-2013, 09:13 PM
completed the action items from my Side!!

the whole immigration reform is becoming less and less about fairness and respect and more and more about getting votes by legalizing and getting taxes but not allowing those taxpayers to put down roots!!

helpisontheway
07-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Done

whiteStallion
07-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Done AI

scrooge2011
07-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Done

visagm
07-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Completed!
THanks

GCkiyaGanja
07-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Completed!
THanks

Done x 2

abhi_2753
07-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Done x 2

Murthy
07-10-2013, 01:13 PM
AI Done.

Yesterday only my friend told me that all the consulting company employers are meeting regularly and lobby Republicans across US to only increase H1B and not GC.

Thanks for IV to make me part of this AI.

Yes always consulting company employers support more H1Bs for obvious reason so that they can keep sucking blood of poor H1Bs.

eastindia
07-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Yes always consulting company employers support more H1Bs for obvious reason so that they can keep sucking blood of poor H1Bs.

H1Bs are not poor and consulting companies do not suck blood. That is a false statement.

H1Bs who join consulting companies are at fault. Why do they join them knowing that there is so much negativity against the entire consulting business? Can they not get a job in a regular non-consulting company? If they are bright and smart they should be able to easily get it.

Consulting companies do not suck blood. H1Bs who work for them give blood happily. These H1Bs use consulting companies to enter USA or use them when they are laid off. H1Bs use consulting companies to get greencard application done or get H1B application for their spouse. H1Bs break the rules by knowingly pay for greencard and H1B fees. These H1Bs are not kids. If people stop joining consulting firms and start complaining to DOL their business will stop.

viswanadh73
07-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I like IV mission and appreciate what they are doing for the immigration community. I think this bill fix few things on the existing backlogs, that is good thing. I don't think the future estimated backlogs are correct in a real time scenario.
does all H1-B' holders apply for GC?
Is it possible to increase GC numbers in the same ratio H1 increase? if that is the case then why H1, instead we can ask for GC directly.
dont we need the increase of H1?

I think we need to support the bill and lobbying for more GC's is the right thing as of my opinion.

vnproj
07-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Done - email & Mail

katta
07-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Done

24fps
07-10-2013, 08:38 PM
It's over!

We lose our last chance

what happened???:confused:

24fps
07-10-2013, 08:42 PM
House won't take senate bill wanna go with piece by piece approach

Game over:(

GCTorture
07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
It's over!

We lose our last chance

where did you get that dude?

jetflyer
07-10-2013, 09:12 PM
It's over!

We lose our last chance

are you surprised? really?

It was designed to fail from the beginning. Now some smart people like ron hira, imh1 and more start preaching me that i am talking negative.

Jet

greyhair
07-10-2013, 09:49 PM
I like IV mission and appreciate what they are doing for the immigration community. I think this bill fix few things on the existing backlogs, that is good thing. I don't think the future estimated backlogs are correct in a real time scenario.
does all H1-B' holders apply for GC?
Is it possible to increase GC numbers in the same ratio H1 increase? if that is the case then why H1, instead we can ask for GC directly.
dont we need the increase of H1?

I think we need to support the bill and lobbying for more GC's is the right thing as of my opinion.

When you get married, you can wear any ordinary shirt. Then why do we try to wear the best dress available to us? Because it is once in a lifetime event. Similarly, CIR is a once in a lifetime event. I do not want to be shortchanged. I do not want to get greedy to settle with small fixes.

Almost all H1Bs want to apply for GCs. No one enjoys or likes being on H1B if there is a choice to be on GC. One can always go back even if you get GC. But employers file GC in the 6th year when they can nolonger keep someone here on H1B only. If there was a choice for people to file GC, most people will want GC over H1B any day.

Someone pointed out that prior to the year 2000, green card to H1B ratio was 2.1:1. Yes, it should be possible to increase GC is the same ratio. The reason people first land on H1B is because GC number is too low so there is a long backlog. Otherwise, given a choice, don’t you think most people would prefer GC over H1B?

We do need to increase H1B. But it should be proportionate to GCs.

I meet IV members in DC in 2012. They discuss and explore different options. This bill removes per country limits which is why I went to DC. After I saw this thread I trust that IV has already tried to increase GCs in this bill but it did not work. With no choice left they decided to oppose this bill. Sometimes you just have to read between the lines to interpret what is going on behind the scenes.

ronhira
07-10-2013, 10:26 PM
What's your take on this

Joint Statement By House GOP Leaders On Immigration Reform - GOP.gov (http://www.gop.gov/press-release/13/07/10/joint-statement-by-house-gop)

Isn't CIR and our last chance have been killed?

this is a good development....... there will be many more such items which are all good news even when it sounds negative.....

if house gop would have come out saying that they will not do any bill..... then it would have meant that its over...... but for the 345th time... in case you missed it the previous 344 times...... these guys are saying they will not bring senate bill and they will do their smaller bills...... it just means they are doing smaller bills without alienating republican leadership from its base...... why is this bad?

they will do a few smaller bills in the house & create the bundle of these smaller bills taking them to conference with senate immigration bill.... this was known all along in the media.... so why is this a new information & why is this bad news

there is lot of fluff & noise out there...... perhaps u were not around in 2006 & 2007...... before it is dead or before it becomes law..... you'll see over 10,000 news articles claiming why it will pass or why it will fail..... filter out the noise from real news & u'll find yourself living in a happier world.....

ronhira
07-10-2013, 11:26 PM
You will make a good general who will motivate his troop by saying "so what we are surrounded by enemy on all 4sides good news is we can shoot in any direction" :D

Having said that hope you are right! :(:(

even before senate bill was voted on the senate floor..... bohener started saying that he will not bring senate bill for vote in the house.... he also said repeatedly that house will do its own bill..... tell me why is it so bad?..... he has been consistent...... he would be a lair if he said one thing & changed his position now... wouldn't he.....

who in their right mind expected house to pass senate bill?..... & is there anyone reasonable who expected house to pass path to citizenship?......

these issues will be resolved in conference between senate bill & handful of small bills that will pass the house......

nothing wrong with that......

GCkiyaGanja
07-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Chill out guys we all know its going to be slow and it has been slow.why get worked up ..let me try to had some sattire if you will .

"GC ka intezaar ek mulk kay 100000 logon se jyada ko hai, lekin GC milna mushkil hi nahin na mumkin hai.."

If HR3012 could be held hostage by 1 or 2 people and failed eventually , this bill is a major major initiative , every one will want to have a piece of the pie ..just hope the pie does not get messed up in the process (if it has not already been messed up)

IV what next ? lets us know we are ready for more AI's

gc_check
07-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Politics @ its best !!!.

Well, these GOP Rep. of the House are not really worried of the general election, as they know the Red & Blue states will remain the same when it comes to House, Senate or local elections. The purple state maters when it comes to National Stage and if you are aiming at the WH. The folks opposing or supporting who are also up for re-election are more worried about the primaries and their leadership wants to help their colleagues to the extent possible drives the decisions they are taking.

Yes, Immigration system is broke and need to be fixed ASAP (Agree !!!). Yes, it is in this broken stage for decades (so what, it is always been like that !!!). Yes, it is urgent and needs a quick resolution (Agree to some extent !!!), but it is not as critical as other pressing issues (makes sense !!!) as Economy, Employment Rate.... Still if it fits well with strategy for 2016 Nation election stage, then it will be addressed.

Well, it appears like it matters for 2016 win... CIR might take the path of Obamacare - i.e. They will be a CIR, but what it will contain will be determined by the lobbying powers. The groups that make the most noise and the group that is the largest will be heard loud and clear.

Just do your part and it will happen. If you have been following CIR for few years now, this year seems to have a best chance compared to the past few.

GCTorture
07-11-2013, 10:19 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/11/us/politics/gop-in-house-resists-overhaul-for-immigration.html?hp

i am still hoping.
Would like to hear from IV leadership. Please SPEAK UP.

starscream
07-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Paul Ryan working behind the scenes to push comprehensive immigration legislation - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/paul-ryan-working-behind-the-scenes-to-push-comprehensive-immigration-legislation/2013/07/10/e75edb2e-e8ce-11e2-a301-ea5a8116d211_story.html)

On Wednesday afternoon, Ryan made a similar plea at a special immigration meeting of the House Republican Conference. He linked stronger border security and citizenship for undocumented workers to a more vibrant economy, according to people in the room.

starscream
07-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Immigration Doom And Gloom Is Giving John Boehner Some Room To Operate (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/10/immigration-john-boehner_n_3573669.html)

pappu
07-11-2013, 11:41 AM
i am still hoping.
Would like to hear from IV leadership. Please SPEAK UP.

Ignore the noise. These people do not know what is going on or understand how things work. People who have attended full day advocacy day trainings by IV have a better idea how all this plays out. And everything you see in links is not true. Some are opinions. Some are advocated by interests. Some are because a particular media outlet is known for certain leanings. It took us some time to understand this ourselves when IV was started.

There are action items going on. Please follow them. If you have more time, contact your state chapter. Tell them what you have done for IV in the past, what your expertise is and what you can do. If they need you they will contact you for help.

There was a newsletter sent recently with the update and action item. Please also start your monthly donation subscription if you have not done so already so that there are resources to do actual advocacy beyond posts on the website. Contributing to IV monthly is a way to show sincerity to the cause and appreciate that bunch of IV volunteers are taking time off from work and family to advocate in DC or do conference calls with other organizations, lobbyists and other members to get the organization running for all of us. Nothing can be achieved by staying a freeloader or an arm chair critic. Get inside the circle. It takes a lot to execute a single idea in advocacy world.

Lastly do not get influenced by all kinds of posts you see on websites. Many people do not have understanding of politics and have never done on-the-ground advocacy work. It is okay because many of us were like that before becoming active leaders or active volunteers in DC. It takes time to look at the problem unselfishly and see the whole picture. Many of us since the early years of IV have gone through several years of struggle and education on this. There are much higher level negotiations, discussions etc that happen. There are several organizations/interest groups, PACs, Companies that are doing a lot on this issue. We meet them regularly. What we hear on the forums are just arm chair critics who have probably never gone to any fundraising event, never met a lawmaker, never been active in advocacy and have mostly spend time tracking and watching bulletins. Some just come for entertainment or cannot look beyond their own PD on the issue. The political process is very complex and cannot be looked in black and white because of an article or an opinion.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to set things straight to educate people who are not aware and only spend their time on forums.

aswami
07-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Ignore the noise. These people do not know what is going on or understand how things work. People who have attended full day advocacy day trainings by IV have a better idea how all this plays out. And everything you see in links is not true. Some are opinions. Some are advocated by interests. Some are because a particular media outlet is known for certain leanings. It took us some time to understand this ourselves when IV was started.

There are action items going on. Please follow them. If you have more time, contact your state chapter. Tell them what you have done for IV in the past, what your expertise is and what you can do. If they need you they will contact you for help.

There was a newsletter sent recently with the update and action item. Please also start your monthly donation subscription if you have not done so already so that there are resources to do actual advocacy beyond posts on the website. Contributing to IV monthly is a way to show sincerity to the cause and appreciate that bunch of IV volunteers are taking time off from work and family to advocate in DC or do conference calls with other organizations, lobbyists and other members to get the organization running for all of us. Nothing can be achieved by staying a freeloader or an arm chair critic. Get inside the circle. It takes a lot to execute a single idea in advocacy world.

Lastly do not get influenced by all kinds of posts you see on websites. Many people do not have understanding of politics and have never done on-the-ground advocacy work. It is okay because many of us were like that before becoming active leaders or active volunteers in DC. It takes time to look at the problem unselfishly and see the whole picture. Many of us since the early years of IV have gone through several years of struggle and education on this. There are much higher level negotiations, discussions etc that happen. There are several organizations/interest groups, PACs, Companies that are doing a lot on this issue. We meet them regularly. What we hear on the forums are just arm chair critics who have probably never gone to any fundraising event, never met a lawmaker, never been active in advocacy and have mostly spend time tracking and watching bulletins. Some just come for entertainment or cannot look beyond their own PD on the issue. The political process is very complex and cannot be looked in black and white because of an article or an opinion.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to set things straight to educate people who are not aware and only spend their time on forums.

Who are these freeloaders and what are they freely loading up on? Are they the people who participate on these forums without making a donation? If that is the case, why open this forum to "freeloaders" and complain about them in almost every thread? Why not make this a closed forum accessible only to those who donated?

I am new to IV forums and IV has a strange way of encouraging donations from new people by calling them 'freeloaders'. Have not seen any other non-profit organization do that. Every so-called freeloader is a potential donor who can be converted into an actual donor by providing the right information. Insulting them by using words like 'freeloaders' and 'armchair critics' is not productive and doesn't encourage donations from new members.

Further, the so-called armchair critics are not doing their armchair analysis for time pass or for deliberately hijacking the discussion or without any knowledge. They are all suffering in various stages of the immigration process and are affected by this mess. They contribute in the forums based on their level of knowledge. If we want a better discussion in the forums, the best way to achieve this is to provide more knowledge and information. But for some reason, the best and most useful information seems to be reserved and sold in exchange for 'donations'.

So, a new person has no access to the inside information by which he or she can know and understand IV's efforts. And, he or she is insulted as a freeloader and armchair critic to boot. Exactly what is the motivation for this person to open her/his purse and make a donation? Instead, all that he or she is left with are the news articles, and the 5 years of experience with a non-performing and obstructionist Congress which has one of the lowest approval ratings in the history of the country. So, of course, his/her forum posts will be influenced by this limited knowledge and experience. What is the point in blaming or criticizing such a forum member?

greyhair
07-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Who are these freeloaders and what are they freely loading up on? Are they the people who participate on these forums without making a donation? If that is the case, why open this forum to "freeloaders" and complain about them in almost every thread? Why not make this a closed forum accessible only to those who donated?

I am new to IV forums and IV has a strange way of encouraging donations from new people by calling them 'freeloaders'. Have not seen any other non-profit organization do that. Every so-called freeloader is a potential donor who can be converted into an actual donor by providing the right information. Insulting them by using words like 'freeloaders' and 'armchair critics' is not productive and doesn't encourage donations from new members.

Further, the so-called armchair critics are not doing their armchair analysis for time pass or for deliberately hijacking the discussion or without any knowledge. They are all suffering in various stages of the immigration process and are affected by this mess. They contribute in the forums based on their level of knowledge. If we want a better discussion in the forums, the best way to achieve this is to provide more knowledge and information. But for some reason, the best and most useful information seems to be reserved and sold in exchange for 'donations'.

So, a new person has no access to the inside information by which he or she can know and understand IV's efforts. And, he or she is insulted as a freeloader and armchair critic to boot. Exactly what is the motivation for this person to open her/his purse and make a donation? Instead, all that he or she is left with are the news articles, and the 5 years of experience with a non-performing and obstructionist Congress which has one of the lowest approval ratings in the history of the country. So, of course, his/her forum posts will be influenced by this limited knowledge and experience. What is the point in blaming or criticizing such a forum member?

So you are offended to read about freeloaders and arm chair critics? No one has the time to educate you or anyone coming in new with politics and how to participate. You have to educate yourself and figure it out if you are stuck in the backlog. Do not expect anyone to pamper you so you can open your wallet. If you contribute, you contribute for yourself. If you feel offended, you can do your thing. Either way, it is your problem. If you feel it your problem, you need to figure out how to manage it. You are doing no one any favor if you contribute. There is no room for complaints.

airbusfan
07-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Or just all seasons of "The West Wing" and get an idea of what happens in Washington :D

aswami
07-11-2013, 09:22 PM
So you are offended to read about freeloaders and arm chair critics? No one has the time to educate you or anyone coming in new with politics and how to participate. You have to educate yourself and figure it out if you are stuck in the backlog. Do not expect anyone to pamper you so you can open your wallet. If you contribute, you contribute for yourself. If you feel offended, you can do your thing. Either way, it is your problem. If you feel it your problem, you need to figure out how to manage it. You are doing no one any favor if you contribute. There is no room for complaints.

I am not the one who complains in every thread about freeloaders and armchair activists. This forum is a really strange place. It is called a "forum". But many senior people don't want discussions on this forum. Why? Apparently because just forum discussions are useless and produce no results. Fair enough. Then, what is the purpose of the forum? What are we supposed to use it for? Can you answer that? Isn't the very purpose of the forum to seek and share information and knowledge? So, your statement, "educate yourself and figure it out" is meaningless in this context.

Regarding donations - if someone wants to donate the money, is it not fair to want to know what exactly the organization does, what results it gets and how the money will be used before they open their wallet and donate? Perhaps, there are some people who will blindly open their wallet and donate, but most reasonable people expect to know some background information before donating. But what I have heard on this thread and other threads is that even to have that background info, you will have to donate. Do you not see the circular logic / catch 22 there? Donor says, "I need some info before I donate." IV says, "You freeloader, first donate and then we will give you some info." Does this sound reasonable to you?

Finally, your point that no one has the time to educate any new people makes absolutely no sense. One of the main functions that IV does is to educate and inform new volunteers on how to work the system to get the results. So, the time and effort is being spent on that. IV does need more and more new participants to join the effort and contribute with their money, time and energy to make this a success. It's not unreasonable for the new people to expect some information based on which they can contribute money, time and energy.

m306m
07-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Done !

greyhair
07-11-2013, 10:23 PM
I am not the one who complains in every thread about freeloaders and armchair activists. This forum is a really strange place. It is called a "forum". But many senior people don't want discussions on this forum. Why? Apparently because just forum discussions are useless and produce no results. Fair enough. Then, what is the purpose of the forum? What are we supposed to use it for? Can you answer that? Isn't the very purpose of the forum to seek and share information and knowledge? So, your statement, "educate yourself and figure it out" is meaningless in this context.

Regarding donations - if someone wants to donate the money, is it not fair to want to know what exactly the organization does, what results it gets and how the money will be used before they open their wallet and donate? Perhaps, there are some people who will blindly open their wallet and donate, but most reasonable people expect to know some background information before donating. But what I have heard on this thread and other threads is that even to have that background info, you will have to donate. Do you not see the circular logic / catch 22 there? Donor says, "I need some info before I donate." IV says, "You freeloader, first donate and then we will give you some info." Does this sound reasonable to you?

Finally, your point that no one has the time to educate any new people makes absolutely no sense. One of the main functions that IV does is to educate and inform new volunteers on how to work the system to get the results. So, the time and effort is being spent on that. IV does need more and more new participants to join the effort and contribute with their money, time and energy to make this a success. It's not unreasonable for the new people to expect some information based on which they can contribute money, time and energy.

Look man, as you said, forum is not where meaningful discussion can take place. You can argue for as long as you want. You seem like a smart man to understand that no one lobbying in Washington will announce much of the behind the scene on the internet. You can poke, cry and argue for as long as you want but you will not get this information on the forum. I did not understand it either until I visited Washington for lobbying event in 2012. No one in IV is paid to "educate" you or anyone else. If you feel you need to know stuff, did you email someone or did you pick up the phone try calling someone in IV? If you did not, then stop complaining.

And, why do you keep coming back asking questions and accusing others of not answering your questions. If you really want others to provide you answers, then passing the judgement on everyone is not going to help. You can take your attitude and your keyboard somewhere else for all I care. Asking Why, Why, Why, for everything is not helping either. You think you are frustrated, you have no idea how others feel about having to wait for years. But venting on others is not helping. What may sound unreasonable to you could be reasonable to others. Maybe you will see it the same way if you had the experience. And because you did not, don't expect someone is waiting for you on the internet to answer all your questions just because one fine day you have a sudden urge to "know" things. Maybe you need to start your forum.

Happy arguing. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.

GCkiyaGanja
07-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Take it easy in a few years from now Julian Assange will post on wikileaks what really happened , oh no Mr.Snowden might know too??..have patience for a few more years ...:) till then do what we can do , what else can we do..??

GCTorture
07-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Pass the Bill says David Brooks on NYTimes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/12/opinion/brooks-pass-the-bill.html?src=rechp&_r=0

somberi
07-12-2013, 02:03 PM
are we supposed to do this every day ?

Dear Friends,

Thank you,

praskar
07-12-2013, 05:25 PM
I just got off the phone with one of the admins that works in our local Senator's office and described the problem. She had no idea about this, it's amazing how some people assume "temporary" and "permanent" to both mean the same thing - expats coming to the US for work. It was good that she got the problem, she did mention she'd pass on the message to the Senator. Fingers crossed, this has to get fixed. I waited for years to get my Green Card so I know the feeling. Good luck to everyone!

antri
07-12-2013, 05:43 PM
I just got a response from Harry Reid. But the republicans did not bother to reply back so I sent emails to those people again.

Republicans are working hard to be wiped out of congress this time.

aswami
07-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Look man, as you said, forum is not where meaningful discussion can take place. You can argue for as long as you want. You seem like a smart man to understand that no one lobbying in Washington will announce much of the behind the scene on the internet. You can poke, cry and argue for as long as you want but you will not get this information on the forum. I did not understand it either until I visited Washington for lobbying event in 2012. No one in IV is paid to "educate" you or anyone else. If you feel you need to know stuff, did you email someone or did you pick up the phone try calling someone in IV? If you did not, then stop complaining.

And, why do you keep coming back asking questions and accusing others of not answering your questions. If you really want others to provide you answers, then passing the judgement on everyone is not going to help. You can take your attitude and your keyboard somewhere else for all I care. Asking Why, Why, Why, for everything is not helping either. You think you are frustrated, you have no idea how others feel about having to wait for years. But venting on others is not helping. What may sound unreasonable to you could be reasonable to others. Maybe you will see it the same way if you had the experience. And because you did not, don't expect someone is waiting for you on the internet to answer all your questions just because one fine day you have a sudden urge to "know" things. Maybe you need to start your forum.

Happy arguing. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.

Yes, I did email info at IV dot org and my state chapter offering my help and asking what I can do to help. I had someone write back asking additional info about me, and I replied to that. After that there was no more information.

And no, I am not asking why, why, why or asking for everything to be posted on the forum. If you recall this little back and forth between us, it started when I replied to Pappu's post, in which he referred to freeloaders and armchair discussions. This reference to freeloaders and armchair discussions happens in almost every big thread. So, I had two questions / suggestions:

1. Who are the "freeloaders" and what is it that they are getting for free?

2. If you want to avoid ineffective "armchair discussions" in a public forum, restrict the forum and/or guide the discussions in ways that you think are useful.

It is neither productive nor helpful to keep referring to freeloaders and ineffective armchair discussions when you provide an open public forum and you don't help the discussions be effective.

I don't have any interest in arguing with anyone. You are the one who interjected yourself into this discussion. If you don't want the interaction, you are welcome to end it from your side.

m306m
07-12-2013, 07:52 PM

I think there maybe a misunderstanding on what this group and medium of communication is for. A lot of people consider this place to be a forum like a MAC Support or C++ forum where they ask questions and experts on hand answer questions. That is not what IV is about. Yes there are threads that "help" people with immigration issues with information but the main purpose of IV is to encourage legislative action to alleviate issues of immigrants who are stuck waiting for their GCs for decades. The purpose of most to these threads is to mobilize a grass roots effort through financial and physical contributions to get the US congress and senate to help us get out of this suffering. So think of these forums as a method to organize action committees to affect legislative actions. If you participate in these committees you will learn the process and the ins and outs of immigration but you should not be expecting that "experts" on these forums should answer immigration questions. This is not the purpose, in my opinion, of these forums. Call these "message boards" instead of "forums" and perhaps the purpose of what IV becomes a little more clear.

jetflyer
07-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Yes, I did email info at IV dot org and my state chapter offering my help and asking what I can do to help. I had someone write back asking additional info about me, and I replied to that. After that there was no more information.

And no, I am not asking why, why, why or asking for everything to be posted on the forum. If you recall this little back and forth between us, it started when I replied to Pappu's post, in which he referred to freeloaders and armchair discussions. This reference to freeloaders and armchair discussions happens in almost every big thread. So, I had two questions / suggestions:

1. Who are the "freeloaders" and what is it that they are getting for free?

2. If you want to avoid ineffective "armchair discussions" in a public forum, restrict the forum and/or guide the discussions in ways that you think are useful.

It is neither productive nor helpful to keep referring to freeloaders and ineffective armchair discussions when you provide an open public forum and you don't help the discussions be effective.

I don't have any interest in arguing with anyone. You are the one who interjected yourself into this discussion. If you don't want the interaction, you are welcome to end it from your side.

my friend there are three people in this forum who always try to interject and try to prove they are very smart.

1. Greyhair
2.Ron hira
3. imh1b ( something like that)

they know very well they can say anything here to anyone because they know that nobody can do anything. they are hidden behind keyboards.

i can bet you people like them can not say single words face to face.

Jet

praskar
07-12-2013, 10:53 PM
I just got a response from Harry Reid. But the republicans did not bother to reply back so I sent emails to those people again.

It's such a fu.cking shame sometimes, innit?

eastindia
07-13-2013, 10:03 AM

All republicans are not same and all democrats are not same. If the are pro legal immigrant democrats the are antis too in it. Check Sen. Durbin's position on us. Similarly there a pro and anti republicans. Sen. Cornyn favors us. There are also fence sitters in both parties who vote based on what the issue is and how we convey to them our problem. It is not right to blame like that.

deecha
07-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Nothing wrong with positive thinking. :D

dude seems like you are current in this visa bulletin therefore oozing with positive thinking.

abcdgc
07-14-2013, 02:27 AM
What are you smiling for you won't be current for next 1 year. :D

Glad to see ppl still thinking positive after CIR 2007, HR 3002, and now this this current fiasco.

We all live our lives on hope, hope of a better tomorrow. Any amount of failure of the Congress or the time it takes to be current cannot take away our happiness or our desire to live happy. You can try for all you want to demoralize us, you anti-immigrant moron. But it will happen in the end.

For the record the immigration bill is not dead.

madhu345
07-14-2013, 10:06 AM
We all live our lives on hope, hope of a better tomorrow. Any amount of failure of the Congress or the time it takes to be current cannot take away our happiness or our desire to live happy. You can try for all you want to demoralize us, you anti-immigrant moron. But it will happen in the end.

For the record the immigration bill is not dead.
Infact its building more momentum than a week ago.

abcdgc
07-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Seems like even you are current :D

So deecha's fault was that he is not going to be current for next 1 year, and my fault is that I am current.

You are either immature kid who cannot see beyond priority date or you are some anti-immigrant moron. Either way looking at the history of posts, you are not much liked around here.

kutra
07-15-2013, 02:08 PM
When you get married, you can wear any ordinary shirt. Then why do we try to wear the best dress available to us? Because it is once in a lifetime event. Similarly, CIR is a once in a lifetime event. I do not want to be shortchanged. I do not want to get greedy to settle with small fixes.

That is freakin' hilarious... ...especially so because the analogy makes no sense whatsover!!!!!!

LglImi
07-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Put in shoes you will realize my frustration

Been here for 15 yrs graduated from best university.

Working for one of the best companies in the us still no signs of getting the GC

Idiots working for TCS WIPRO INFOSYS come here abuse EB 1 C and get GCs in less than a year.

Can't agree more...this is frustrating..

ronhira
07-16-2013, 08:39 AM
indian press is reporting that consulting companies are starting to cheer........ this article is attacking senate bill saying senate bill is bad for gc backlogs.... its saying that senate bill not passing in the house is a good thing...... obviously this article is paid for by indian consulting companies.....

Indian IT to cheer as US immigration bill gets a jolt - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/outsourcing/Indian-IT-to-cheer-as-US-immigration-bill-gets-a-jolt/articleshow/21098482.cms)

cir is not dead...... but irony is that both, anti immigrants and abusive indian consulting companies, want senate bill dead

spicy_guy
07-16-2013, 09:50 AM
indian press is reporting that consulting companies are starting to cheer........ this article is attacking senate bill saying senate bill is bad for gc backlogs.... its saying that senate bill not passing in the house is a good thing...... obviously this article is paid for by indian consulting companies.....

Indian IT to cheer as US immigration bill gets a jolt - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/outsourcing/Indian-IT-to-cheer-as-US-immigration-bill-gets-a-jolt/articleshow/21098482.cms)

cir is not dead...... but irony is that both, anti immigrants and abusive indian consulting companies, want senate bill dead

+1. Tend to think so. Anti sentiment.. _;)

bond4u
07-16-2013, 10:08 AM

Above report is perfect example of yellow journalism. Report is trying to convey that legal community is more happier to see house bill rather senate bill. Even they have audacity to write blatant lies like this

"Had the Senate version been adopted by the House and made into law, it would have created deep rancour among legal immigrants waiting for permanent residency." REALLY!!!
"
"EB3 category despite having graduate degrees from US universities would have to, according to some immigration lawyers, wait for 20-30 years to get a green card" WTF!!!
No Facts but quoted some immigration lair although both bill are available online.

This report is showing on TOI international website edition to create misinformation among Indian community to erode their support for Senate version.
I would request immigration voice to send formal resent to TOI editor for publishing false report behalf of Indian legal immigrants and reiterate our support for Senate version. Although many people like me already sent our complaint individually.

AC123
07-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Admin,

I have recieved a reply from IN senator Joe Donnelly in response to contacting his office on H.R. 2131 issue. Let me know where I can forward his reply.

I was also planning to send him a reply by referring to this article in NYT - http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/16/us/legal-immigrants-seek-reward-for-years-of-following-the-rules.html?google_editors_picks=true&_r=0.

Let me know if you agree.

Dear Friends,

Thank you,

keyurpatel80
07-16-2013, 01:19 PM
while I am trying my best to think positive please explain to me like a 4 year old

why is house not taking it (CIR) up?

with august recess looming and GOPs to face their primary very soon....what makes you think this is still alive?

since IV is silent and there is no progress of bill in House, August recess coming, election of house next year
What else we should expect ?

hello
07-16-2013, 02:35 PM
since IV is silent and there is no progress of bill in House, August recess coming, election of house next year
What else we should expect ?
IV is not silent.All the volunteers are making appointments with their congressman and meeting with them.If somebody wants to do something,setup meetings with your rep. and ask them to support our provisions.

waitingnwaiting
07-16-2013, 04:23 PM
My congressmen said to me in email; he would not support any bill which has pathway to citizenship.

BTW, does anybody have any idea when is house going to take this?

The whole purpose of meeting them is to convince them and change their opinion. If he had said he will support us, then what's the point of meeting. Maybe he can stay neutral and still the bill can pass or he can support piecemeal. Why don't you go and convince him? You can also ask him if he has any idea when house is going to take this bill and post the update on the forum.

waitingnwaiting
07-16-2013, 04:42 PM
I have sent him an email requesting a one to one meeting:

I suggest simply calling him for appointment. That is how I got it.

waitingnwaiting
07-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Obama says immigration bill unlikely to pass House before August break (http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-longer-august-immigration-reform-221056753.html)

Then why are you emailing your congressman and trying to meet? If everything you have been posting is negative and you are telling everyone 'pack your bags' ' game over' ?

You need to make up your mind and have clarity in your thinking. Either you pick up and leave or if you want to stay put, stop getting distracted and try to meet your congressman, Company CEO and get them to do something for your pain.

greyhair
07-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Obama says immigration bill unlikely to pass House before August break

Then why are you emailing your congressman and trying to meet? If everything you have been posting is negative and you are telling everyone 'pack your bags' ' game over' ?

You need to make up your mind and have clarity in your thinking. Either you pick up and leave or if you want to stay put, stop getting distracted and try to meet your congressman, Company CEO and get them to do something for your pain.

waitingnwaiting: You are wasting your time with this guy. He is not going to do anything other than just complain and post only negative news articles.

If you are EB3 he will ridicule for you for not being current. If you are EB2, he will ridicule you for being current. If you ask him to call congressman, he will say that will not change anything because the bill is dead. But he will hang around posting negative comments/response to anything positive/encouraging about calling or meeting with Member of Congress / company CEOs.

waitingnwaiting
07-17-2013, 11:57 AM
what makes you think I have not been calling CEOS and Congressmen?

the vibes I have been getting from them is not very encouraging and have been posting here on the forum to get some directions from the IV.

I had sent an email to FL chapter three weeks back & a follow up email two weeks back to no avail.

and I am right in saying that EB-2 with PD date current or close to bein current are ooozing positive energy because they are close to getting their GC.

Had that not been the case even they would be complaing and crying :D

Nobody will ever include you in their FL team if you post all negative and discourage. You keep posting pack your bags , game over .... why don't you follow it yourself. Have you ever donated to IV? Are you donating now? I wonder how you work in your job. Do your team members like you? With the attitude, people you know will not take you seriously and you will lose credibility. If you are so frustrated and venting you should consider counseling. IV is for people who want to do something constructive.

bond4u
07-17-2013, 12:31 PM
what makes you think I have not been calling CEOS and Congressmen?

the vibes I have been getting from them is not very encouraging and have been posting here on the forum to get some directions from the IV.

I had sent an email to FL chapter three weeks back & a follow up email two weeks back to no avail.

and I am right in saying that EB-2 with PD date current or close to bein current are ooozing positive energy because they are close to getting their GC.

Had that not been the case even they would be complaing and crying :D

The way you posting negative comments and spreading pessimism is clear sign that you are not doing anything. So excuse us to believe you as supporter rather than anti. Look at supporters and their work who are working hope against hope. Even 1% chance is good enough for me keep me up and working because I know 1%>0%.

Again, No Bill is dead until it is voted down by congress or congress finished it terms without taking it up. war is not over until it is over. Lot of negotiations, lobbying and politics left in immigration. Remember this bill is only 18 GOP members short in house and house rules are much more flexible than senate where one member can kill one bill on the contrary in house even house Leader can't guarantee passage or failure.
I am following Rep Goodlatte whose tone is softening on immigration. He is now working on Dreamer bill. This is again big shift from his position. Look at Mark Sanford statements, Hear Rep from Alabama who support path of citizenship in house.
Again even this bill has 1% chance to survive till than immigration voice members have to continue CPR on Senate bill.

greyhair
07-18-2013, 04:14 PM
GOD its a miracle. Even the most negative guy is started to think positive. Now the bill will pass becoz this guy is thinking positive.

Boehner: Immigration to pass before debt hike - POLITICO.com (http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/boehner-immigration-reform-pass-before-debt-hike-94425.html?hp=f1)

DallasBlue
07-18-2013, 05:52 PM
will it be 2014 or 2015 August ?

coz of the grid lock Mr.boehner in the beltway , its not 'if' but 'when' the executive order will be issued.

Murthy
07-18-2013, 06:40 PM
GOD its a miracle. Even the most negative guy is started to think positive. Now the bill will pass becoz this guy is thinking positive.

Catholic members of Congress: Pass immigration reform

Catholic colleges to Catholic members of Congress: Pass immigration reform (http://news.yahoo.com/religious-colleges-to-catholic-members-of-congress--pass-immigration-reform--191440814.html)

The presidents of 93 Catholic colleges and universities are calling on Catholic members of the House of Representatives to pass immigration reform that would put most of the 11 million unauthorized immigrants in the country on a path to citizenship.

“Catholic teaching values the human dignity and worth of all immigrants, regardless of legal status,” the Catholic leaders say in a letter sent to all 163 Catholic member of Congress, including Rep. Nancy Pelosi and House Speaker John Boehner. “We remind you that no human being made in the image of God is illegal.”

waitingnwaiting
07-19-2013, 10:49 AM

I am buying myself a Lotto ticket after reading the positive comment from him.

bond4u
07-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Boehner: Immigration to pass before debt hike - POLITICO.com (http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/boehner-immigration-reform-pass-before-debt-hike-94425.html?hp=f1)

Thanks for understanding and taking a positive step! Again ignore any comical comments and stay focus with positive contributions. Also look at positive effort made made by Gang of 7 (- Rubio) for August recess with all business leader, lobbyist and Evangelicals. Recent comments by John Bohener, McCarthy, Cantor, Joe heck are positive sign but still long nights and days yet to come for this bill before conference.

I think best we can do let more and more people aware about benefits for high skill immigrants.

hello
07-20-2013, 01:04 PM
August recess will make or break it.

It's the time to intensify the efforts.

IV please propose some action items.

Either you don't understand or you don't want to understand.Action Items are very simple.Go meet with your representative.

krupa
07-20-2013, 01:07 PM
The New York Times Reports:

In a meeting on Tuesday with seven of the eight senators who drafted the original bill and members of various advocacy groups, a frustrated Mr. McCain took business to the woodshed. Their efforts so far to lobby House Republicans, he explained in a stern tone, have not been sufficient. Their side is losing the battle to define the message, he said, and the next few months, including the August recess, will make or break the immigration effort.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/20/us/politics/supporters-of-immigration-overhaul-seeking-momentum-look-to-business-groups.html?ref=politics&_r=0

waitingnwaiting
07-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Have done that via email and phone.

His staff diplomatiically skirts the personal meeting requests.

Don't Fake it!

Many people here are veterans and can easily know when you lie.
I have myself met so many lawmaker offices including from FL. Don't lie you have been trying to get personal meeting requests. You can't impress anyone by saying you have been calling Congressmen and CEOs. (plural). It reduces your credibility and confirms you a troll.

It is very easy to take appointment. No office can refuse a constituent. They have to give appointment. It seems you have just sent 'one' email only recently and you are posting a standard response you got. It means zero. Each one of us have got hundreds of such emails from many years. We know what it means and we do not even post it.

My suggestion is to start monthly contribution to IV first and prove that you are not a troll.

CVK
07-22-2013, 12:22 PM
EAD for H4 visas is it in the bill?

soorya
07-22-2013, 01:19 PM
i dont have to prove anything to anybody....

It seems like you're doing a "posting" marathon all over the forum. If you're hired to do that- then good for you. Else, rethink about what and whether you need to post? Btw, you should meet "aswami" who does things in your way too!!!

hopefullgc
07-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Hoping for best.

itkris
07-25-2013, 12:05 PM
This is (one of) what we're up against:
Late heiress' anti-immigration efforts live on - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-immigration-birdlady-20130725,0,4495596.story)

dwai
07-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Just bumping up the conversation.

Is CIR still alive?? what is happening over the house debate?

eastindia
07-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Just bumping up the conversation.

Is CIR still alive?? what is happening over the house debate?

I do not think you will find day to day updates on any website. Most lobby information is discussions and these meetings are not posted.

I can tell you that some volunteers in IV are meeting Reps regularly. IV has been giving me guidance and did tell me updates on CIR related to my Rep. You should take appointment with your Rep. It is a good time for it.

GCTorture
07-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Hi,
Somebody from IV please direct me on how to meet my Rep? I am from NY. Also, how I should prepare, and what to represent. I really appreciate. Thank you.

eastindia
07-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Hi,
Somebody from IV please direct me on how to meet my Rep? I am from NY. Also, how I should prepare, and what to represent. I really appreciate. Thank you.

I had sent an email to my state chapter. I think the email format for New York will be ny@immigrationvoice.orgg

I wrote in the email my name, address, phone number, my profession, my participation in the past and said that I have been contributing. Someone from IV called me after that.

rupen
07-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi,

Send email to ny@immigrationvoice.org

jetflyer
07-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Experts/admin,

Any thought on this?

why dont you get it my friend. as I said in the beginning that this bill was designed to fail. Nothing will happen. just wait for2014 election. may be they start talking again after that.

just relax and forget about this.

Jet

seahawks
07-28-2013, 04:53 PM
why dont you get it my friend. as I said in the beginning that this bill was designed to fail. Nothing will happen. just wait for2014 election. may be they start talking again after that.

just relax and forget about this.

Jet

Hope is the only thing that will keep us motivated. We have to maximize our energies towards any opening or options that come up. People all around are working tirelessly meeting lawmakers, attending town hall meetings, talking to representative offices and keeping the pressure on. Don't take of your pedal and stay focused. Motivate yourself, motivate others and spread the word. There are action items that IV wants us to do, so keep at it, do it, motivate others to do it. Don't lost hope, as we will lose our focus. If there is someone new who is not aware of our struggle, engage with them and bring them up to speed for how far we have come. I know we may have not reached the promise land, but along the way many of us have enjoyed the benefits of all the struggle and hard work IV has done.

seahawks
07-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Why is not the action item posted on the forum.

If it posted please repost it.

If it exclusive only for donors please try to understand not everybody's financial situation will allow them to donate.

Any form of contribution is/will be helpful in this noble case..

The first page of this thread has the action item, I am surprised you never saw it even though you are actively posting on the same thread. Alternately look at the home page, there is a header with orange border that calls this thread out and will take you to the first page of this thread again. I can't imagine how we all get blinded and forget about what this thread was all about. It is not exclusively for donors and no I won't understand anyone's financial situation, period. Sorry for being blunt but I cannot comprehend people not able to donate, if I did not have money, I would skip a meal everyday to come up with that amount because the work that is being done is that important but that's me. To say I don't have 25 or 50 dollars to spare a month to setup a recurring donation is the most hardest thing for me to digest.

Hrithik
07-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Email sent. :)

imh1b
07-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Why is not the action item posted on the forum.

If it posted please repost it.

If it exclusive only for donors please try to understand not everybody's financial situation will allow them to donate.

Any form of contribution is/will be helpful in this noble case..

Contribution is always in the form of $. Tell me how you can pass any bill without $. If you can do it, start your own organization without donors and get a bill passed. If you think by making posts everyday you are contributing you are not contributing. You are just doing time-pass.

If your financial situation is such that you cannot even contribute $25/50, then what exactly are you doing in this country? How much do you earn, pay rent. Do you have cable, internet? Do you ever go to any restaurant? Do you ever take your family to any event or fun trip? Do you ever visit Las Vegas, Niagra Falls, Disneyland or any other place in USA? Do you ever go to India in the last few years?

Man how do you live if you do not even have $25/50? Maybe this country is not the right place for you if you do not even have $25/50. Because if you are bright and well educated you will most surely get a good well paying job. There is so much demand and this is why there are so many immigrants coming every year on visa. If you are not earning, there is definitely some big problem with your skill level or you are living illegally with an expired visa.

You need to decide if it is really worth for you in this country without any money.

PC2013
07-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Below is the content of the response.

Thank you for your letter in support of comprehensive immigration reform. I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts and suggestions on this important issue, and I would like to take this opportunity to share my views.

I support comprehensive immigration reform. I believe reforms should be sensible and fair, meet the needs of families and workers, provide effective enforcement and security at the borders, improve immigrant detentions, and offer a pathway to earned citizenship that requires undocumented immigrants to pay taxes and fines, pass background checks, and learn English.

I am pleased to share with you that, on June 27, I voted for comprehensive immigration reform legislation, known as the "Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act" (S. 744), which the Senate passed by a vote of 68 to 32. In case you are interested, I have attached my floor statement on the bill.

This bill provides a practical way for undocumented immigrants to earn citizenship that would be contingent upon securing our borders, addressing the problem of foreign nationals who overstay their visas, and deterring future illegal immigration through the implementation of an effective and mandatory employment verification system. It would also improve our legal immigration system by reducing backlogs in the family and employment visa categories, and to facilitate the world's best and brightest ability to work and stay in the United States.

Furthermore, the agricultural worker provisions included in the bill, which I negotiated, will ensure that Americans continue to have access to a safe and healthy food supply by providing a stable, sustainable, and legal agricultural workforce.

The bill also addresses a growing problem faced by American companies – including many in California – in filling high-tech jobs in science and technology. For example, the legislation would raise the annual cap of H-1B visas from 65,000 to 115,000 and it would exempt science, technology, engineering, and mathematics graduates with doctoral degrees from the employment-based visa cap. At the same time, the bill includes safeguards to protect Americans from displacement and wage suppression.

Finally, this bill would be good for our economy. The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) found that the bill would meaningfully reduce the federal budget deficit by $158 billion over the next 10 years and by an additional $685 in the decade thereafter. The CBO also found that the bill would lead to a 5.4% increase in our gross domestic product (GDP) by 2033.

I firmly believe that now is the time to reform our broken immigration system, and that any reform legislation must include a pathway to citizenship. I believe the legislation introduced by the bipartisan group of senators represents a major breakthrough, and I look forward to continuing to work closely with my colleagues as this debate moves to the House of Representatives.

I appreciate knowing that immigration reform is important to you, and I invite you to continue to share your thoughts and suggestions as this discussion continues. Please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. staff at (202) 224-3841 should you have any additional comments or questions.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the nation are available at my website, Feinstein.senate.gov. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list. Click here to sign up. And please visit my YouTube, Facebook and Twitter for more ways to communicate with me.

crownAmbassador
07-31-2013, 01:46 PM
President Obama’s no-Congress strategy - Edward-Isaac Dovere - POLITICO.com (http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/obamas-no-congress-strategy-94947.html)

looivy
08-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Dems: Obama can act unilaterally on immigration reform - The Hill's RegWatch (http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/administration/283583-dems-recognize-that-obama-can-act-unilaterally-on-immigration-reform)

indiantexan
08-02-2013, 07:11 PM
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/746269-immigration-resource-kit.html

keyurpatel80
08-03-2013, 09:41 AM
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/746269-immigration-resource-kit.html

would love to understand the statement on page 13

"Greater Flexibility for Employers and
Workers: The bill allows foreign students and
workers on temporary visas whose employment based green card petitions have been approved to continue to work in the U.S. until their green cards
become available"

imh1b
08-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Dems: Obama can act unilaterally on immigration reform - The Hill's RegWatch (http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/administration/283583-dems-recognize-that-obama-can-act-unilaterally-on-immigration-reform)

It is wishful thinking by people in favor of undocumented. It will never happen. Immigration is not a burning issue for the country. Country's priorities are economy, jobs, energy and health.

Detach our personal immigration application for a while and think. Ultimately the best solution is to approach immigration issue in small steps as part of a long term plan. It can be in CIR or piecemeal approach. But congress should act fast on the issues instead of posturing or party fighting.

looivy
08-03-2013, 08:14 PM
It is wishful thinking by people in favor of undocumented. It will never happen. Immigration is not a burning issue for the country. Country's priorities are economy, jobs, energy and health.

Detach our personal immigration application for a while and think. Ultimately the best solution is to approach immigration issue in small steps as part of a long term plan. It can be in CIR or piecemeal approach. But congress should act fast on the issues instead of posturing or party fighting.

don't shoot the messenger

imh1b
08-03-2013, 11:56 PM
don't shoot the messenger

Not shooting the messenger. Commenting on the organizations for undocumented and politicians who are their champions.

scrooge2011
08-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Contribution is always in the form of $. Tell me how you can pass any bill without $. If you can do it, start your own organization without donors and get a bill passed. If you think by making posts everyday you are contributing you are not contributing. You are just doing time-pass.

If your financial situation is such that you cannot even contribute $25/50, then what exactly are you doing in this country? How much do you earn, pay rent. Do you have cable, internet? Do you ever go to any restaurant? Do you ever take your family to any event or fun trip? Do you ever visit Las Vegas, Niagra Falls, Disneyland or any other place in USA? Do you ever go to India in the last few years?

Man how do you live if you do not even have $25/50? Maybe this country is not the right place for you if you do not even have $25/50. Because if you are bright and well educated you will most surely get a good well paying job. There is so much demand and this is why there are so many immigrants coming every year on visa. If you are not earning, there is definitely some big problem with your skill level or you are living illegally with an expired visa.

You need to decide if it is really worth for you in this country without any money.

Sir,
And who, might I ask, gave you the moral high ground to judge who should and should not consider living in this country? What has that got to do with clearing backlogs of people in the EB3-I catagory? The gentleman in question may or may not want to contribute money based on his judgement and he is perfectly entitled to it. Please keep comments and arguments pertinent and relevant to the objectives of this forum and PLEASE refrain from making personal remarks about other people.

rajeshvelur
08-07-2013, 05:20 PM
This is the email reply i received sometime back for our request to increase Green Card:

Dear Rajesh,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about H-1B temporary work visas for high-skilled workers. I appreciate hearing from you about this subject.

As you may know, H-1B visas allow an employer to temporarily hire a foreign worker in the United States on a non-immigrant basis in a specialty or professional occupation. Before requesting H-1B visas, employers must submit a labor condition application with the Department of Labor attesting that they have posted their request for H-1B visas 30 days prior to applying. Employers must also attest to no strikes or lockouts, payment of the prevailing wage, and provision of working conditions consistent with that of similarly employed workers. Currently, the number of H-1B visas is limited to 65,000 annually.

The Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 (S.744), which was passed by the U.S. Senate on June 27, 2013, includes reforms to all aspects of the immigration process, from border and enforcement issues to legal status and work requirements for immigrants. The legislation, if passed by the full U.S. Congress, would increase the annual cap on the H-1B visas from 65,000 to 110,000, with possibly increases depending on demand and the U.S. unemployment level.

I believe we must do all that we can to ensure American businesses have access to the most highly trained workforce possible, which includes supporting smart immigration policy but also robust domestic STEM training. I also believe that we can do more to train and prepare an American workforce that can meet the domestic demand for professional jobs. Investments in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education and related programs for America's youth and workforce can go a long way to providing the skills necessary to help fill these jobs domestically. Rest assured that your views will guide me as I continue working on immigration issues in the 113th Congress.

I will continue to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say about matters before Congress, the concerns of our communities, and the issues facing Colorado and the nation. My job is not merely about supporting or opposing legislation, but also about bridging the divide that has paralyzed our nation's politics. For more information about my positions and to learn how my office can assist you, please visit my website at Mark Udall | U.S. Senator for Colorado (http://www.markudall.senate.gov).

Warm regards,
Signature
Mark Udall
U.S. Senator, Colorado

imh1b
08-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Sir,
And who, might I ask, gave you the moral high ground to judge who should and should not consider living in this country? What has that got to do with clearing backlogs of people in the EB3-I catagory? The gentleman in question may or may not want to contribute money based on his judgement and he is perfectly entitled to it. Please keep comments and arguments pertinent and relevant to the objectives of this forum and PLEASE refrain from making personal remarks about other people.

immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3095438-immigration-voice-advocacy-event-september-7th-10th-2013-and-august-townhall-meetings.html

I just contributed for this event and am also going to Washington DC. What are you and your friend Ashutrip planning to do? Lets all three meet in Washington DC during this event.